Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Elemental Fury – PvE Heavy Attack DK Build (Wolfhunter Ready)

• hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next patch bis will be 5 bsw/5 acuity 2 zaan
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya bar setup says vma lightning. Is that right because ya parses looked like inferno. Im a bit thick so be gentle.
    Edited by Banana on April 26, 2018 2:29PM
    Options
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see this build getting updated again. Took inspiration from previous iterations of it to make a viable magdk in the current patch.

Since the sustain is so good on your parse sheet and with the buff to light attacks, I’m wondering if you’ve tested a spammable on the front bar to use every other rotation. Molten armaments+vma destro+IA+heavies all synergize so well that I wouldn’t be surprised if a spammable actually yields lower dps, but it at least seems like you could probably sustain an alternating ha/la rotation with this build.

Will aim to test it out myself too, just can’t right now since I’m obviously being quite productive at work :tongue:

Edit: I’d probably move shield/drain or foo to back bar to replace magelight, but again, interested to hear if you’ve already tested with results for some version of this build on pts.
    Edited by jypcy on April 26, 2018 2:25PM
    Options
  • Milchbart
    Milchbart
    ✭✭✭✭
    As I said, you can see my picture here :

So you begin before the fight with 5O > 5M > 4M > and begin :

5M?
    Why?
    Options
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    what about 5 BSW 5 Elfbane 2 Zaan (Elfbane increases Zaan too and helps with sustain due to less recasting of our fire-dots. this opens up more time for LA/HA or even Whip-Spamming)
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    what about 5 BSW 5 Elfbane 2 Zaan (Elfbane increases Zaan too and helps with sustain due to less recasting of our fire-dots. this opens up more time for LA/HA or even Whip-Spamming)

Point of this build is to not use a spammable^^ Elfbane+BSW can be quite nice yeah, but aether simply gives more damage...
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
    Options
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Damage is too low..best I've been able to get with elfbane is 43.5k on 6 mil....but 5bsw/5acuity consistently gives these numbers: https://imgur.com/a/W43Pl
    Options
  • pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    I read somewhere the Elegance 5 piece bonus doesnt scale well and you dont actually get anything close to the 20% bonus?

Yes. I made the mistake of golding out a set of elegance hoping it would help, but the buff is additive based on the base heavy attack value. In other words it doesn't scale with Molten Armaments, Off balance, minor vulnerability... etc.

Without elegance my heavy attack ticks will crit for about 16K, with elegance they only went up to 17K (and all my dots/aoes went down significantly). Elegance might have a place for an overload sorc who doesn't scale up heavy attacks with other buffs, but it's hugely disappointing for this build.
    XBox/NA GT: Pizzaow
    Options
  • pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭

I suspect this will also be BiS for the heavy attack rotation too! Thanks to all of you for testing on the PTS!
    XBox/NA GT: Pizzaow
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    pizzaow wrote: »

I suspect this will also be BiS for the heavy attack rotation too! Thanks to all of you for testing on the PTS!

I got more with infallible aether though. I'm still undecided whether it'll be nice to have one with aether in the group or go for another acuity...
    PC EU

Youtube:
    Options
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most likely
    Options
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »

I got more with infallible aether though. I'm still undecided whether it'll be nice to have one with aether in the group or go for another acuity...

Infal for unoptimized groups right?
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

Ya, if you're in a fully optimised group you wouldn*t use this build anyway :smiley:
    PC EU

Youtube:
    Options
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭

Ya, if you're in a fully optimised group you wouldn*t use this build anyway :smiley:

I don’t know, I’ve used this DK build (with my previous posted setup) before #OffBalanceGate in raids flawless on Vet. I also use still your Eruption Stam DK Build (but with my own skill and CP adjustments) and that runs flawlessly in Vet raids. I’ll add that I’m also a Dunmer for the Stam build because #MasterRace haha

I'm a Dunmer DK Damage Dealer - My that's a lot of D's
    Options
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Masel92 : in your vid you do the HA rotation with the Aether Lighting Staff. I suppose for aoe/trash scenario this is best, but wouldnt a fire HA provide better damage on bosses/dummies (esp. on Dumner, also +8% single target damage, +12 % fully charged heavy attack damage due to destro passives). if its about "some" off-balance for the occassional +40% HA damage and resource return a shock glyph would be sufficient.
    no? :)

edit:
    also due to no longer using Ilambris the additional shock damage is not necessary to proc both parts of the set
    Edited by coplannb16_ESO on April 27, 2018 1:30PM
    ESO+
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
    Options
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Masel92 : in your vid you do the HA rotation with the Aether Lighting Staff. I suppose for aoe/trash scenario this is best, but wouldnt a fire HA provide better damage on bosses/dummies (esp. on Dumner, also +8% single target damage, +12 % fully charged heavy attack damage due to destro passives). if its about "some" off-balance for the occassional +40% HA damage and resource return a shock glyph would be sufficient.
    no? :)

edit:
    also due to no longer using Ilambris the additional shock damage is not necessary to proc both parts of the set

The shock heavy is a pulse, so with the maelstrom staff, each pulse gets buffed. For a fire heavy, which is a single lob, only that single attack gets the buff. Masel gives an explanation (probably better than mine) in the original post for why you’d use a shock staff.
    Options
  • kts
    kts
    ✭✭✭
    So will this heavy attack build be able to pull 40k+ self buffed on a 6m dummy next patch? I've seen some people pulling like 45k+ but I'm assuming thats with light attack spamming

edit:
    just realized you updated the OP, cant wait for summerset to drop looks great
    From the most recent pts v4.0.2
    Decreased the damage done by all Light Attacks by approximately 20%.
    Decreased the damage done by all Heavy Attacks by approximately 13%.
    Edited by kts on May 1, 2018 6:52AM
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    kts wrote: »
    So will this heavy attack build be able to pull 40k+ self buffed on a 6m dummy next patch? I've seen some people pulling like 45k+ but I'm assuming thats with light attack spamming

edit:
    just realized you updated the OP, cant wait for summerset to drop looks great
    From the most recent pts v4.0.2
    Decreased the damage done by all Light Attacks by approximately 20%.
    Decreased the damage done by all Heavy Attacks by approximately 13%.

That change to heavy attacks was kind of unnecessary, but I did dps tests yesterday, nothing changed really :smile:
    PC EU

Youtube:
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they changed the formula for those slightly turning down the scaling constant, to account for maximum stat having an increased contribution. Had they left it as it was before, light and heavy attacks would have overperformed by about 30-40%.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • PromiscuousNun
    Thanks for the update!
    I'm trying something similar with a Sorc. Frontbar IA seems to do very fine there aswell btw.

(Also, how are you Masel? Found the forums, It's been a while :) )
    PC -EU
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I were to make a variation of build for trash fights should I go Grothdarr (or Ilambris if the tank stacks them closer) instead of Zaan and Nirnhoned front bar? Also if I go double inferno for single target fights, will it result in higher damage if someone else (healer and/or sorcerer) is providing off-balance? At this point I have all the gear, including multiple IA staves of both types, less a medium or heavy divines Grothdarr piece.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, I played with this guy over the weekend and here's a parse/rotation video (36.4); I'm using the same rotation as before, but swapped to acuity and zaan.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=lgOGDhCj9gE

4ouZsju.jpg

Just hopped on the PTS, made a Mag DK and it is going strong again :blush: will test more over the next weeks, but this one is gonna get a major update!
    2 Ilambris, 5 Undaunted infiltrator with transmuted rings to arcane and 5 BSW, vMA infused lightning back bar.

Hey guys quick question. Is it possible to get a close to max bsw uptime with a vma lightning backbar on magdk? Im worried I have to farm a vma inferno to get my BSW uptime decent.

This guys dps parse seems to show its possible though.
    Options
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    Exodium wrote: »
    Hey guys, I played with this guy over the weekend and here's a parse/rotation video (36.4); I'm using the same rotation as before, but swapped to acuity and zaan.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=lgOGDhCj9gE

4ouZsju.jpg

Just hopped on the PTS, made a Mag DK and it is going strong again :blush: will test more over the next weeks, but this one is gonna get a major update!
    2 Ilambris, 5 Undaunted infiltrator with transmuted rings to arcane and 5 BSW, vMA infused lightning back bar.

Hey guys quick question. Is it possible to get a close to max bsw uptime with a vma lightning backbar on magdk? Im worried I have to farm a vma inferno to get my BSW uptime decent.

This guys dps parse seems to show its possible though.

Because MagDK skills are fire based you get max uptime one BSW even with shock staves. No vMA inferno requires :smile:
    I'm a Dunmer DK Damage Dealer - My that's a lot of D's
    Options
  • kts
    kts
    ✭✭✭
    regarding the new jewllery traits, would infused or bloodthristy be any good or is it arcane all the way?
    Edited by kts on May 24, 2018 5:39AM
    Options
  • kts
    kts
    ✭✭✭
    Tried making a ranged version of this build. They should totally increase the range of engulfing flames into a ranged ability so magDK's can be somewhat viable at long range and still provide support to the group.
    Options
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    kts wrote: »
    Tried making a ranged version of this build. They should totally increase the range of engulfing flames into a ranged ability so magDK's can be somewhat viable at long range and still provide support to the group.

agree, but Id favour a ranged version of burning embers. My proposal was/is that burning embers should inherit the range of the equiped weapon, staff/bow -> 28m, melee: 6-8 meter. for balance purpose you could argue that 28m embers should be reflectable. Think of the boss of CoAI, he does a burning-embers arrow/charged shot. well his ember is also stronger (stacks I think).
    ESO+
    Options
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was very interested in thus build, until I saw the Lover mundus. That’ll add 3-4K, where in a group environment that’d be overpenetrating.

I’d love to see a lightning staff build as DK’s heavy attack is so strong, but unfortunately nothing can beat double inferno now. DK’s do it, Magblades, Magplar’s, it’s sad but it’s a dps loss otherwise.

I’d love for ice staffs and maces to also be competitive, but we have to play the hand we’re dealt.
    DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    I was very interested in thus build, until I saw the Lover mundus. That’ll add 3-4K, where in a group environment that’d be overpenetrating.

I’d love to see a lightning staff build as DK’s heavy attack is so strong, but unfortunately nothing can beat double inferno now. DK’s do it, Magblades, Magplar’s, it’s sad but it’s a dps loss otherwise.

I’d love for ice staffs and maces to also be competitive, but we have to play the hand we’re dealt.

Then just use the apprentice or thief in a group, what's the problem? :wink:

This build is ofc not ideal, but people still like the playstyle.
    Edited by Masel on July 22, 2018 7:46AM
    PC EU

Youtube:
    Options
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Masel92 instead of IA wouldnt Siroria be better?

Obviously it requires a less mobile playstyle, e.g. I dont think it will be really good in vMA for instance, but versus dummy it adds quiet some DPS. I also think that Ilambris is better than Zaan in vMA because it is ground-aoe Damage and therefor much more helpful versus Crystals.

I got myself a fire Siroria staff and thus switched from Martial Knowledge + BSW + vMA Lightning Backbar to Siroria/BSW (Siroria Fire Frontbar) and also switched to a vMA Fire Backbar. I thought if I cannot Lightning front-bar I can as well also go fire backbar so my fire Blockade gets enhanced by the Burning effect and off-balance is pretty useless right now and I went with elemental weapon instead of Power Lash as "spammable". ofc I now recover less magicka due to less heavy attacks (fire heavy attacks are slow, cluncy and single target, also light attacks do more damage...). I dont know yet. I kinda miss Lightning channels. :(
    ESO+
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Updated for Wolfhunter.
    PC EU

Youtube:
    Options