The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Elemental Fury – PvE Heavy Attack DK Build (Wolfhunter Ready)

• Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    WAMB0 wrote: »
    BSW is definitely fine and still pairable with Torugs for ST and movement intense fights.

But IA is like Torugs not for AOE fight, also IA is obsolete if a healer uses it already.
    I'd guess sth like BSW + Elegance / Undaunted ?

Trust me, healers hate using aether and will love you for using it. pair it with BSW, will be fine :smile:
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
    Options
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    @Masel92 have you tried pairing BSW and Siroria / Perfect Sirorira for your build? And if so what were the results like? I imagine it would make up for running double infused staves if you went down that route
    I'm a Dunmer DK Damage Dealer - My that's a lot of D's
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    @Masel92 have you tried pairing BSW and Siroria / Perfect Sirorira for your build? And if so what were the results like? I imagine it would make up for running double infused staves if you went down that route

I'm still missing one last body piece of perfect siroria so I can't test it yet on live... I won't bother with the imperfect version.
    PC EU

Youtube:
    Options
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    How are things looking for Murkmire?
    Options
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, is the lightning channel attack dead now? Or can it still pull 43k with the original build?
    Edited by Lab3360 on December 10, 2018 11:31AM
    Options
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    @Lab3360 I use the rotation of this build but with a different gear and CP setup and I'm at 44k atm with it and that's with a hiccup during the rota. My gear and CP are in the video description of you're interested. Had no issues in Vet trials and got my first vMoL and vAS clears using it.

https://youtu.be/DayACb8JErs
    Edited by Cybercore_Death on December 13, 2018 1:17PM
    Options
  • LordGodzilla
    LordGodzilla
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey there.

Using the same type of PvE gear and rotation, i'm hitting 43k dps on argonian as i said somewhere on this post.

But, do you have finish vHoF ? vAS+2 ? and vCR +3 ? using this build.

'cause all guild i try to join just say me no.
    Cause :
    I'm magDK. And +, i'm no méta magDK.

They only research magblade/stamblade (I talk only for true french guild HL).

I will never finish them, 'cause i love my character and my build. So...
    I'm just boring all my day, waiting in craglorn for do some nAA... or nHRC...
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Hey there.

Using the same type of PvE gear and rotation, i'm hitting 43k dps on argonian as i said somewhere on this post.

But, do you have finish vHoF ? vAS+2 ? and vCR +3 ? using this build.

'cause all guild i try to join just say me no.
    Cause :
    I'm magDK. And +, i'm no méta magDK.

They only research magblade/stamblade (I talk only for true french guild HL).

I will never finish them, 'cause i love my character and my build. So...
    I'm just boring all my day, waiting in craglorn for do some nAA... or nHRC...

Hey, I've finished vHoF HM, vAS HM and up to vCR+2 on this build,yeah. You kinda have to be lucky to find a guild that is tolerant in that direction, which isnt easy....

If pulls off nice dps and it's definetely enough to finish all content, so people underestimate it greatly, especially since it has way more cleave than a standard light attack build...

PC EU

Youtube:
    Options
  • LordGodzilla
    LordGodzilla
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, I've finished vHoF HM, vAS HM and up to vCR+2 on this build,yeah. You kinda have to be lucky to find a guild that is tolerant in that direction, which isnt easy....

I saw it's hard, cause we got only 3 HL french guild who complete them (and all they need is to be on top leaderboard...).
    So...
    If pulls off nice dps and it's definetely enough to finish all content, so people underestimate it greatly, especially since it has way more cleave than a standard light attack build...

For sure, you can move like a long range dps easier than the pyro one.

Thanks for answer :)
    Edited by LordGodzilla on February 2, 2019 12:08AM
    Options
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    @Masel will you be updating this build again do you reckon?
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Masel will you be updating this build again do you reckon?

Agreed
    Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Masel was Molten Armaments changed and it doest work for each tick anymore?
    Because I can!
    Options
  • kts
    kts
    ✭✭✭
    Has this build met its unfortunate end or is there a chance for a comeback
    Options
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    kts wrote: »
    Has this build met its unfortunate end or is there a chance for a comeback

I'll be doing some testing come new patch drops on console so will pop some results on I know where we're at 😊
    Options
  • Sleezly
    Sleezly
    ✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    @Masel was Molten Armaments changed and it doest work for each tick anymore?

Did a patch notes discuss a change or do we suspect a stealth nerf here? Do we have before / after numbers to compare?
    Options
  • pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭
    @Masel has a youtube channel, and here is his MagDK build for Scalebreaker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlSSI2Qu-Yw

In the comments he's asked about the heavy attack build, and he mentions that its pretty far behind, topping out at 75K.
    XBox/NA GT: Pizzaow
    Options
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This build doesn't make much sense to me but to each their own.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

It was used by people who found LA builds too stressful, or had to rely on it due to high latency/disabilities etc. It is actually quite fun to play; it is very satisfying to see your lightning heavies melt everything very fast.

Now that light attacks are so strong and you have so many DoT options to put on your bars, youbjust dont have the time to do lightning heavies anymore without losing so much damage that it is just very much subpar to the rest. I usually have a border for builds I publish thatvthey must be within 5-10% of the meta builds so they dont put you at a very significant disadvantage, and this build falls far below that now, sadly.
    Edited by Masel on August 22, 2019 5:48AM
    PC EU

Youtube:
    Options
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel wrote: »

It was used by people who found LA builds too stressful, or had to rely on it due to high latency/disabilities etc. It is actually quite fun to play; it is very satisfying to see your lightning heavies melt everything very fast.

Now that light attacks are so strong and you have so many DoT options to put on your bars, youbjust dont have the time to do lightning heavies anymore without losing so much damage that it is just very much subpar to the rest. I usually have a border for builds I publish thatvthey must be within 5-10% of the meta builds so they dont put you at a very significant disadvantage, and this build falls far below that now, sadly.

Haha I now see the date that was my bad. Interesting for sure
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
    Options
  • kts
    kts
    ✭✭✭
    Masel wrote: »

Yep this was the first build I used that got me my first vma clear and eventual flawless conqouror, even though I dont use this build no more because of the LA meta I still follow it because it helped me so a lot when I was learning dps role
    Options
  • OwnerOfSuccuby
    OwnerOfSuccuby
    ✭✭✭
    Lightning staff heavy attack was ninja buged, so this build on dk not work now.

But it work on other classes. With good passives. So reap for dk, but work on others.

I hit 47,5 k dps befor ninja buged moltan armaments, now it is 37 k ... .

But it work with healing stuff - have 43 k dps on it with out ultimate on the same build. But no aie damage, so it is more simple now to make full light attack build and make 45 k dps on only light attacks ... .
    With no aoe damage what is the point?

DK now is garbage - it is only good tank and bad in all other stuffs.

Ok they bug moltan armaments = - 30% dps from heavy attack, so what we can try to do:

The same- warden - all passives on + 5 *2%dps+ ult+minor berserc=all damage buffed on 20%. The same as molten armamets was, heavy attack was half of all dps, so now we buff all dps the same dps like it was on dk, but more than it is on dk niw.

Or necro that buff all damage dots, 3/4 heavy attack counts like a dot, the same passives, passive on -1500 enemys def.

The same damage like dk have from moltan armaments, and has not now.

DK = RIP.

I do nb now, better for pvp. DK is bad everywhere niw so dk tank on, dk dd off.

Buy buy mana DK i really love you.
    Options
  • fetameise
    fetameise
    ✭✭
    Molten armaments HA buff is indeed bugged with Lightning staff. Only the last pulse shock is buffed while first 3 ticks are unaffected. Additive buffs are working (VMA staff and Undaunted Infiltrator bonus) but not the MA.

I believe it is not the first time that the Lightning staff has a problem with its ticks not working properly. However the dps loss is real and this bug requires attention. I have submitted the ticket and hope for the best, but well...
    Options
  • OwnerOfSuccuby
    OwnerOfSuccuby
    ✭✭✭
    fetameise wrote: »
    Molten armaments HA buff is indeed bugged with Lightning staff. Only the last pulse shock is buffed while first 3 ticks are unaffected. Additive buffs are working (VMA staff and Undaunted Infiltrator bonus) but not the MA.

I believe it is not the first time that the Lightning staff has a problem with its ticks not working properly. However the dps loss is real and this bug requires attention. I have submitted the ticket and hope for the best, but well...

It was buged on pts i write about it and make 3 topics on forum. Zos just ignor me.

I hope, i love my mana dk. But do nod believe in zos anymore , and level up my just made nightblade.

I hope if a lot of people write about it they will not ignor all, but when i was alone - they do.
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this going to be making a comeback after the golden shower to dots next update :|
    Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    Is this going to be making a comeback after the golden shower to dots next update :|

If ZoS fix Molten armaments to work with each tick again.
    Because I can!
    Options
  • Sleezly
    Sleezly
    ✭✭✭
    I checked and can confirm Molten armaments is fixed on PTS.
    Options
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh I never got to try this. Will have to try it out next update. :o
    Options
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭
    Sleezly wrote: »

How did you determine it?
    Options
  • Sleezly
    Sleezly
    ✭✭✭

I posted my findings on this thread:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6342596#Comment_6342596

It certainly wouldn't hurt if someone else could confirm the findings. Thanks.
    Options
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭

I posted my findings on this thread:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6342596#Comment_6342596

It certainly wouldn't hurt if someone else could confirm the findings. Thanks.

Thanks.
    Options