Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Homestead Details/Questions - ESO Live - Stream Finished

• andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really care about all the decorations. I watched the ESO Live to see the UI, how it works and how the User Experience is... They didn't show anything. This seemed like a rough idea and far from finished.
    Edited by andreasranasen on December 14, 2016 8:48PM
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »
    I asked in another thread but that one was closed:

I was not able to watch the stream - did anyone ask if you can duplicate pets and mounts or will it be a one time thing per?

Does anyone know about a transcript?

@Rouven

We have to assume you can place multiple pets and mounts if owned in your house with limits to the amount of things placed.

What's kinda dumb is that the items you place literally just sit there.
    Nothing moved around or interacted as if you're playing ESO

I'm not exaggerating when I say, based on this presentation, you'll have the option to place a lot of stuff in normal or odd manner but nothing placed seemed to be doing anything.

Again.....the presentation was extremely terrible so it's more logical that this created the wrong impressions and has ultimately confused a lot of people more than what was seen prior.

If you've even played the game Myst.... that's kinda what the presentation looked like

I can't say how it will actually be.

I think I might have not explained myself well - can I place the same pet multiple times? Or can I only place each pet (or mount) once.

I sure hope there will be some idle animation for them - of course it would be great if they could roam, but consider this - if I place my pet on something or it hangs in thin air, how would that work?

Thanks for answering, appreciate it!
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really care about all the decorations. I watched the ESO Live to see the UI, how it works and how the User Experience is... They didn't show anything. This seemed like a rough idea and far from finished.

This is the point and concern
    I
    Mean literally console and pc have different UI's so I'm sitting there wondering if everything is some /command

The other thing was the very odd camera view.
    There's no way that's how it's going to look so obviously it was all being down with the UI turned completely off on a PC but if that's the point of view housing will offer for decorating, for me....it's been a big waste of development

-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was really a terrible idea.

I mean talk about trolling the community and creating backlash
    (Insert new memes for ESO X)

Well, at least it wasn't a Terrance and Phillip episode.
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Who threw sweetrolls on the roof ? That's criminal !
    Abeille wrote: »
    Vaoh wrote: »
    I wasn't there for the stream but things don't sound like they went too well :open_mouth:

Is Housing as amazing as you all made it out to be? Especially with zero Storage?

Legitimately seems like the community was let down judging by the comments on this thread.

Okay here is the thing.

The editor seems to be pretty good, given the results. They didn't show us the UI. We can put pretty much anything anywhere (Jessica put some sweetrolls on the ceiling, for example). There are plenty of different assets, from pillows and candles to hanging skeletons, and it seems to be easy to make the place look like if someone really lives there due to how close you can place one item from the other, creating an actual clutter.

I'm a Simmer since the first The Sims game was released, so of course at all times I kept thinking of it. In no Sims game you are able to put everything so close, or have so many different surfaces you can put miscellaneous objects on, not without cheats. Jessica put a starfish on the top of a tree!

Seems that it allows for a lot of freedom in decoration, which is great.
    I am honestly really impressed with what they showed, it was super in depth and proved that you can go very far with customising and making things super unique.
    The editor must be pretty intuitive, even in its current state because:
    We wanted the elk, they placed it and gave it a red nose!
    Someone mentioned a throne, we got one! We really wanted a mudcrab on the throne, we got that too!
    w9szCeF.png
    Pretty much everything we asked for was done. Right down the the star fish on the tree!
    w7rGUPS.png
    Yes, even ceiling sweetrolls...
    Yes there are faction banners, and elder scrolls and skyshards that all light up!
    qdv09gn.png
    a5Lyi3C.png

You can have floating objects too. The red thing they used for the elk's nose was an example.

The daedric light was very cool too!
    HrA6eS1.png

So it looks like you can do so much with this. I am looking forward to decorating my home. I will be creating a crystal garden out of all those glowing ones and skyshards etc :) My pets and mounts will be everywhere too, maybe not the ceiling, but at least that is an option!
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was not able to watch the stream - did anyone ask if you can duplicate pets and mounts or will it be a one time thing per?

@Rouven

We have to assume you can place multiple pets and mounts if owned in your house with limits to the amount of things placed.

I'm not exaggerating when I say, based on this presentation, you'll have the option to place a lot of stuff in normal or odd manner but nothing placed seemed to be doing anything.

Again.....the presentation was extremely terrible so it's more logical that this created the wrong impressions and has ultimately confused a lot of people more than what was seen prior.

If you've even played the game Myst.... that's kinda what the presentation looked like

I think I might have not explained myself well - can I place the same pet multiple times? Or can I only place each pet (or mount) once.

I sure hope there will be some idle animation for them - of course it would be great if they could roam, but consider this - if I place my pet on something or it hangs in thin air, how would that work?

I asked if we could place the same pet multiple times, but I think Jessica didn't see the question. I want to know if I can fill a house with mudcrabs or with wolf pups.

In the stream, they didn't have any of the animations they have when they are following your character. They just stood there, breathing or something. But maybe they just stay like that while you are on "edit mode", if there is such a thing.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks a bit cheesier than I expected but o guess it's on us to not make our own house cheesy
    A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The ruby throne lol how incredibly lore breaking
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »

I'm pretty sure it isn't the real deal xD
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did notice that they showed off the coffin that a lot of vampire players were asking for in the forums.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    I wasn't there for the stream but things don't sound like they went too well :open_mouth:

Is Housing as amazing as you all made it out to be? Especially with zero Storage?

Legitimately seems like the community was let down judging by the comments on this thread.

@Vaoh

Things went fine as far as what was shown. It was a great little peak into the end result possibilities of the editor we will be using.

The only thing it was lacking was audio commentary, but I'll return to this in a moment.

The trouble was all these people asking/begging/demanding things that had nothing to do with housing. Acting like spoiled bratty children.

So, back to the commentary idea.. It was probably for the better it was this way, dealing with all the toddlers in chat. The ZOS folks in the room had it much easier with copy/paste the same "this is a demo of the decorating...." message rather than having to audibly speak it.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rouven

I asked if we could place the same pet multiple times, but I think Jessica didn't see the question. I want to know if I can fill a house with mudcrabs or with wolf pups.

In the stream, they didn't have any of the animations they have when they are following your character. They just stood there, breathing or something. But maybe they just stay like that while you are on "edit mode", if there is such a thing.

Alright, I sort of tend to think they would have shown that off if it was possible, but I'll stay positive :)
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rouven

@Rouven
    Basing it what was shown....owned pets and mounts only appear once

They can be placed on the floor or a table, chair
    It also seems possible to maybe stack a pet onto of multiple stacked items with some limitations

Honestly tho....this presentation was so lack luster that nothing could be drawn from anything shown other than....

Hey everyone here is some of the junk that's possible to be in the house.
    I'll say this tho
    Nothing shown was interactable.

Meaning the things placed couldn't be touched so to speak
    Edited ...yes...but it seems the houses are going to be just a huge collection of ingame artwork arranged all over the place

Blocking doors and paths to the extent where I foresee problems coming cause it's a bit too open ended.
    Here's what I mean.....they placed a tree with baskets and rolls and books and stuff right around a doorway.

We couldn't see the UI so there's no logic on if path blocking is allowed or limited.
    So it seems possible to block yourself in or another player forcing them to only teleport in and out

Not even sure if the door means anything other than zoning but I'd think you have to be close to it like today

Sorry if I'm coming off sour but this presentation was in my opinion problably worse than the random streamers who play games and don't acknowledge their viewers.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rouven

@Rouven

It also seems possible to maybe stack a pet onto of multiple stacked items with some limitations

Honestly tho....this presentation was so lack luster that nothing could be drawn from anything shown other than....

I'll say this tho

Edited ...yes...but it seems the houses are going to be just a huge collection of ingame artwork arranged all over the place

Blocking doors and paths to the extent where I foresee problems coming cause it's a bit too open ended.
    Here's what I mean.....they placed a tree with baskets and rolls and books and stuff right around a doorway.

We couldn't see the UI so there's no logic on if path blocking is allowed or limited.
    So it seems possible to block yourself in or another player forcing them to only teleport in and out

Not even sure if the door means anything other than zoning but I'd think you have to be close to it like today

Sorry if I'm coming off sour but this presentation was in my opinion problably worse than the random streamers who play games and don't acknowledge their viewers.

Keep in mind they were not ready to reveal what the editor UI actually looks like, and there's still some time till PTS, so I am guessing there is quite a bit left for them to add/change and it may well have had certain features "turned off" in the test environment for this stream.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »

@Rouven

@Rouven

I'll say this tho

Keep in mind they were not ready to reveal what the editor UI actually looks like, and there's still some time till PTS, so I am guessing there is quite a bit left for them to add/change and it may well have had certain features "turned off" in the test environment for this stream.

@Sigtric

My personal opinions aside. What value or new information did you get from the stream?
    Did you personally enjoy the stream and would you like to see more of this vs a typical ESO live show?
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who threw sweetrolls on the roof ? That's criminal !

Sacrilicious

25b378b445b03a24accd2bbb6cfa50a1.jpg
    Edited by Number_51 on December 14, 2016 9:16PM
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leogon wrote: »
    Did the pets get cc'd and don't have enough stam to break free?

Joking aside, am I the only one who's kinda disappointed that they're just standing there?

It's entirely possible they "just stand there" while you're in the editor, but would do their normal idle animations once you exit the editor. But there wasn't really enough shown about that aspect to say either way.

I'm pretty sure I saw the ice wolf pup moves it's head in the introduction video. Still not enough to say whether or not they can run all of their idle animations though.
    Edited by Number_51 on December 14, 2016 9:27PM
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    I hate to be a Grinch, but that had to be the most uninformative and uninspiring Twitch stream I've ever watched, and I'm surprised I lasted for 15 minutes.

Well you should see some of City State's streams, I once watched some fat guy that was supposed to be talking about their armor system ask the stream to stand by while he answers a knocking door, as it is his job to get the door and sign for packages, in addition to i guess, communicating with the community. He then proceeds to return and tell us about all the things he did for Thanksgiving as if we didn't know what this tremendously fat guy did, I turned it off then because it was obvious he ate a lot turkey, and there wasn't much else of substance to learn in a timely fashion. They are a baseline for how not to do a stream.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking for a replay of this. Doenst seem to be one up anywhere though.=(
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rouven

@Rouven

I'll say this tho

@Sigtric

My personal opinions aside. What value or new information did you get from the stream?
    Did you personally enjoy the stream and would you like to see more of this vs a typical ESO live show?

@NewBlacksmurf

I'd love to see more ESO Live and I'd love to see more demo shows like what we saw today. This was not an ESO Live, it was not meant to be a replacement for ESO Live. It was exactly what they said it was going to be as far as I saw the announcements on twitter: decorating a hearth in the homesteading system.

They never said that new information would be given, and said as much before the show started and during it several times. That said we did gain new knowledge, by seeing some items we didn't know would be available. We also got to see how such things could be placed.

Value is relative. I learned that I will likely spend more time messing with that system than originally anticipated.

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rouven

@Rouven

I'll say this tho

@Sigtric

@NewBlacksmurf

I'd love to see more ESO Live and I'd love to see more demo shows like what we saw today. This was not an ESO Live, it was not meant to be a replacement for ESO Live. It was exactly what they said it was going to be as far as I saw the announcements on twitter: decorating a hearth in the homesteading system.

They never said that new information would be given, and said as much before the show started and during it several times. That said we did gain new knowledge, by seeing some items we didn't know would be available. We also got to see how such things could be placed.

Value is relative. I learned that I will likely spend more time messing with that system than originally anticipated.

Interesting point of view

Thanks for the comment

• Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why was this housing stream on Bethesda and not Zenimax Online Studios Twitch channel? Just curious.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inklings wrote: »
    Looking for a replay of this. Doenst seem to be one up anywhere though.=(

Part 1
    Part 2

Also I'm pooped and going to get some sleep, will go through part 2 and get more questions but they seem to be pretty much all the same answers, thanks for all the comments guys
    Edited by JamieAubrey on December 14, 2016 9:53PM
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It is as far as their title is concerned.

Elder scroll too?
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Elder scroll too?

Just play along, it's not like you have a REAL Elder Scroll or THE Ruby Throne.
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milvan wrote: »

Elder scroll too?

But they had it tho. lol that's was awkward in the stream
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea.. I felt awkward while I watched. Like if we were waiting for the show to start, but it never started.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Elder scroll too?

Just one way to find out. Get someone to read the scroll and check if they go blind.

Elder scroll too?

But they had it tho. lol that's was awkward in the stream

Did Jessica say it was the real deal? I must have missed it if she did.
    Edited by Abeille on December 14, 2016 11:10PM

Meet my characters:

• Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    I hate to be a Grinch, but that had to be the most uninformative and uninspiring Twitch stream I've ever watched, and I'm surprised I lasted for 15 minutes.

Well you should see some of City State's streams, I once watched some fat guy that was supposed to be talking about their armor system ask the stream to stand by while he answers a knocking door, as it is his job to get the door and sign for packages, in addition to i guess, communicating with the community. He then proceeds to return and tell us about all the things he did for Thanksgiving as if we didn't know what this tremendously fat guy did, I turned it off then because it was obvious he ate a lot turkey, and there wasn't much else of substance to learn in a timely fashion. They are a baseline for how not to do a stream.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
    ****Master Healer...****
  • Greifenherz
    Greifenherz
    ✭✭✭
    Just started watching the stream (mostly because I want some nice background music) and around 9 minutes in they place a pet cat that stands, sits and licks its paws -> at least idle animations are in. I'm glad the sep adder doesn't go on bird hunt in the house but that means that it doesn't have any other idle animations, unless I'm mistaken.