Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Homestead Details/Questions - ESO Live - Stream Finished

• Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it would be a show where ZOS spoke about their accomplishments in 2016, discuss some housing, and then maybe give us all a tease of what is coming down the pipe later in 2017.
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did the pets get cc'd and don't have enough stam to break free?

Joking aside, am I the only one who's kinda disappointed that they're just standing there?
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the music :)
    And there really seems to be a lot of variety in the decorative objects you can place in your house. I hope crafting decorative objects will be interesting, getting the materials not too easy but not too hard either. Ideally, furnishing objects would become something that people want to buy and sell in guild stores, too.
  • Kierra_1
    Kierra_1
    Wish it wasn't instanced housing. Love being able to walk threw the "neighborhoods" in FFXIV and seeing all the houses people have built and the customization they have done. Granted non-instanced housing creates a whole different set of nightmares, like running out of plots...
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hate to be a Grinch, but that had to be the most uninformative and uninspiring Twitch stream I've ever watched, and I'm surprised I lasted for 15 minutes.
  • vanillexhope
    vanillexhope
    ✭✭✭
    Leogon wrote: »

Joking aside, am I the only one who's kinda disappointed that they're just standing there?

You are not the only one disappointed. It would be so much nicer if they moved around. I'm doing a quest right now, and there's a cat that walks around on this table. It stops to lick its paws. Obviously ESO has systems in place for animal animation.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was a serious letdown. I like the game, but the problems seem to be getting worse. If that was any indication of how little they care, it song look good folks.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You heard it here second

It was a good show to have in background @ZOS_JessicaFolsom had superb banter with viewers, but there was one comment that was especially interesting.

Asked if they would fix the lag and RNG problems in Maelstrom; Jessica said they were working on it.

I know it's not an official announcement, and it may be about lag not maelstrom droprates, but...

I got a screen shot of the question but not Jessica's response, but it happened at 19:37 GMT.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't there for the stream but things don't sound like they went too well :open_mouth:

Is Housing as amazing as you all made it out to be? Especially with zero Storage?

Legitimately seems like the community was let down judging by the comments on this thread.
    Edited by Vaoh on December 14, 2016 8:00PM
  • Riga_Mortis
    Riga_Mortis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That entire stream could have been done with just a few photos, total letdown.
    XBOX 1X
    GT - TAGNUTZ
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They never answered anyone who asked if we would be able to sit and use the furniture.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Betheny wrote: »
    They never answered anyone who asked if we would be able to sit and use the furniture.

Towards the end (last 20 minutes? I wasn't really watching) Jess answered the question with a "maybe :) "

The question was something like "can we sit at our table."
    Edited by Jim_Pipp on December 14, 2016 8:13PM
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    Betheny wrote: »

Towards the end (last 20 minutes? I wasn't really watching) Jess answered the question with a "maybe :) "

I'd fled by that stage, got bored watching sweetrolls growing on tables and ceilings.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    I wasn't there for the stream but things don't sound like they went too well :open_mouth:

Is Housing as amazing as you all made it out to be? Especially with zero Storage?

Legitimately seems like the community was let down judging by the comments on this thread.

Housing is as most of us all know, a personal customization thing. Cosmetic fun little space for yourself and I guess for some RP. Customization wise, it seems you can do a lot with placing items and decorating your house. The only utility that I know of will be DPS Test Dummy. If I am not mistaken, storage is something ZOS is looking into.

I was let down by the stream because of my misunderstanding of what the stream today was supposed to be. I am not disappointed by housing itself per se.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Housing is as most of us all know, a personal customization thing. Cosmetic fun little space for yourself and I guess for some RP. Customization wise, it seems you can do a lot with placing items and decorating your house. The only utility that I know of will be DPS Test Dummy. If I am not mistaken, storage is something ZOS is looking into.

I was let down by the stream because of my misunderstanding of what the stream today was supposed to be. I am not disappointed by housing itself per se.

Okay that makes more sense.

What made the stream such a let down?
  • vanillexhope
    vanillexhope
    ✭✭✭

I agree. The stream isn't what I expected it to be.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So any price on housing yet seems like the stream was a waste of time?
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • vanillexhope
    vanillexhope
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't a waste of time for those who enjoyed it.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Okay that makes more sense.

What made the stream such a let down?

Literally staring at a screen of the interior of a house slowly being decorated and changing the interior with what I can describe as Tamriel's version of Christmas music lol. That was the whole stream. You can see some screen caps on the first post of this thread.
  • lockator
    lockator
    ✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Heads on spikes?

Oh aye, I know someone who's gonna love that :p

@SHADOW2KK you may have to return to Pve... :p
    PC EU

Characters:

Storm of Flames: CP 561+ Magicka Sorc (DC)
    Flavour of the Month: Stam Sorc (DC)
    The Poisonknight: Stam DK (DC)
    Jesu Sbeamer: Magicka Templar (DC)

Guilds: Honour (DC)
    Harambe (DC)
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I did say I was disappointed, it wasn't because of the housing, I expected more of a q and a, showing the ui, more of the house. If I wanted to watch a fireplace there are apps for that.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I asked in another thread but that one was closed:

I was not able to watch the stream - did anyone ask if you can duplicate pets and mounts or will it be a one time thing per?

Does anyone know about a transcript?
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lockator wrote: »
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Heads on spikes?

Oh aye, I know someone who's gonna love that :p

@SHADOW2KK you may have to return to Pve... :p

Did I hear spikes? heads on spikes? old school object lessons?

:):):):)
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »

I was not able to watch the stream - did anyone ask if you can duplicate pets and mounts or will it be a one time thing per?

The stream was just a static shot of the interior of a house slowly being decorated by ever changing items. That is actually the whole stream. Any Q&A took place in the stream chat.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who threw sweetrolls on the roof ? That's criminal !
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The stream was just a static shot of the interior of a house slowly being decorated by ever changing items. That is actually the whole stream. Any Q&A took place in the stream chat.

Ok, thanks.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ill never have the Ruby Throne, nor Emperor Costume :/
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rouven

We have to assume you can place multiple pets and mounts if owned in your house with limits to the amount of things placed.

What's kinda dumb is that the items you place literally just sit there.
    Nothing moved around or interacted as if you're playing ESO

I'm not exaggerating when I say, based on this presentation, you'll have the option to place a lot of stuff in normal or odd manner but nothing placed seemed to be doing anything.

Again.....the presentation was extremely terrible so it's more logical that this created the wrong impressions and has ultimately confused a lot of people more than what was seen prior.

If you've even played the game Myst.... that's kinda what the presentation looked like

I can't say how it will actually be.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The housing itself wasn't really a disappointment, just the stream. It just showed off some of the furniture with basically no actual information. They didn't even show the furniture placement UI.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay here is the thing.

The editor seems to be pretty good, given the results. They didn't show us the UI. We can put pretty much anything anywhere (Jessica put some sweetrolls on the ceiling, for example). There are plenty of different assets, from pillows and candles to hanging skeletons, and it seems to be easy to make the place look like if someone really lives there due to how close you can place one item from the other, creating an actual clutter.

I'm a Simmer since the first The Sims game was released, so of course at all times I kept thinking of it. In no Sims game you are able to put everything so close, or have so many different surfaces you can put miscellaneous objects on, not without cheats. Jessica put a starfish on the top of a tree!

Seems that it allows for a lot of freedom in decoration, which is great.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.