Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is ESO available in China? New law regarding Loot Boxes!

• Riga_Mortis
    Riga_Mortis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    They're not getting rid of crates.

It's highly unlikely they'll have to publish odds.

In the words of Frozen

Let it go ....

Damn you, now I cant get that song out of my head.
    XBOX 1X
    GT - TAGNUTZ
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    Zenimax Online is based in the USA and Germany. Both with offices and servers. This law does IN NO WAY affect this game, and neither shall it affect any other triple A MMO because they are not specifically located in China.

I wonder when people will stop trying to find something, anything against these things. It's starting to get rather pathetic.

How rude! I saw the article specifically about loot boxes and asked a question I didn't know the answer to. If you don't like the topic or are only here to be a bully then please leave.
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »
    China has nothing to do with ZOS. They are suppressing their people end of sentence. Precious poster was probably correct about keeping money in the country.

Now ESO is a game, and ZOS is in charge of that game. They do need to make money to fund the game and it's employees. How they do that is entirely up to them. I don't like the crown crates, for me it's not worth the reward without knowing the odds. For some it is different. I'm not going to get into the gambling addiction side of things. All that does is fuel further argument and invites insulting and childish remarks.

Yes ESO can make money, it's perfectly fine, I sub, and buy things from the Crown store. What I will not do is gamble for said items without knowing the odds. I believe, IMHO, they could be making money without these crates. Countless other games make plenty of money through DLC, add on packs or whatever, forza comes to mind, car packs add on content. They have a successful franchise . All the while I don't remember one random crate or chance drop that you had to pay real cash for. I would gladly spend my money on car packs and track packs, expansions and such. Because I knew exactly what I was buying up front.

Agree 100%. I think the crates look terrible IMO, there is nothing there that I want or spend an incredible amount of money on getting.

Yet. To survive using this system as funding, they will need to find a way so that folks like you spend cash on crates. If you're just a tough sell and cosmetics will never get you off your wallet, they'll need to add whatever that thing is that you so desire. BiS gear? Flying purple people eater mounts?

Hmm dlc, mounts, hair styles, name change tokens, riding lesson a few pets, now if the sold an anti rng potion I would snatched those in a heartbeat.

I couldnt care less about the crates, I bought a 15 pack, got nothing special, so to mee there weren't worth the investment. I know some people will buy them, and that's fine, but to me there isn't enough value. I sub, use my crowns on what I want to buy, I will buy a chance to get something. I wouldn't go to Mc Donalds and hand them 10 dollars and tell them just throw a bunch of crap in there I'll take it. With my luck I'd end up with a box full of straw wrappers.

True enough. But it would seem all of those things you listed have not been, and will not be enough. Crates are the hope for the future, holdouts gotta have a reason to spend money on them.

If they truly want hold outs to buy them they need to have a bether return rate, either through adjusting the drop rate or uping the crown gem conversion rate. Adding things that I can't use is not going to get me to buy them, ahem argonian skin and head dress.

A better return rate defeats the purpose though. You would be getting the items you wanted for at or less than the price they would be outright on the CS. They have to be tuned so that the majority of folks end up spending twice as much or more, than they would have on the item if it were available for immediate purchase.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »
    Xabien wrote: »
    China being pro consumer, strange times we live in

The "pro-consumer" might as well be a side effect, not the primary goal of the regulation.

Regardless, with so many Western devs exploiting players and turning gaming into a money-making racket, it has to sting a bit that the so called "free market" is having to be shown the way by a communist regime.

Do you work for free?
    If not, why would you expect a company and the people behind it to do it? It's a business after all.

No one is saying they should work for free, don't know why that argument comes up so frequently. But there are certainly ways to make money that are far more palatable for some. Sorry but to me, see previous posts, this doesn't seem like a good investment of my real life money. But In effect these crates are gambling. The loop hole they can use is that your aren't spending rlm to buy crates, you are in fact spending rlm to buy crowns, you then purchase a chance to get that one item you want, ie the jackpot.
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dazza1968 wrote: »
    They're not getting rid of crates.

It's highly unlikely they'll have to publish odds.

In the words of Frozen

Let it go ....

Damn you, now I cant get that song out of my head.

Me either :tongue:
    Edited by Cazzy on December 8, 2016 9:26PM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    That's not exactly how things work. To do business in certain countries you frequently need to follow their regulations, regardless of if the servers reside in that country or not. See a lot of the recent hoops that social networks are having to jump through to get access to the Chinese or Russian markets.

IANAL, so I am unsure exactly how this new regulation will apply to ZOS, but it's certainly not as simple as "no server, no problem."

The situation of ESO in China is very simple though : it doesn't exist.
    China requires by law that any online game operator is based in China. ZOS is not based nor represented in China. As a result, ZOS is not allowed to sell ESO in China and Chinese gamers are not allowed to play ESO. This is ensured via governmental firewalls that prevent connections. If you are in China and want to play ESO, you must use a VPN, that makes you look as if you were connecting from elsewhere. That is, to play in clandestinity. Laws do not apply, per definition, to clandestine activities. End of story.

In case you don't know, chinese internet users have to use VPN for many internet activities, because the government decides what they should or should not do on the internet and has the means to restrict / forbid access if people don't use a VPN.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on December 8, 2016 9:29PM
  • summitxho
    summitxho
    ✭✭✭
    Zenimax Online is based in the USA and Germany. Both with offices and servers. This law does IN NO WAY affect this game, and neither shall it affect any other triple A MMO because they are not specifically located in China.

I wonder when people will stop trying to find something, anything against these things. It's starting to get rather pathetic.

So does that mean I am not the only one who pictures a self entitled, kicking and screaming, spoiled rotten child on the floor throwing our greatly exaggerated dramatic statements because mommy said no to the chocolate bar at the grocery checkout?
    Cazzy wrote: »

How rude! I saw the article specifically about loot boxes and asked a question I didn't know the answer to. If you don't like the topic or are only here to be a bully then please leave.

Common now, lets be honest here, despite it being in the other crown crates thread as well much earlier, you just happened to miss it despite being involved in every anti crown crate so far? I think it was simply a chance to create a new topic and get back up on the soap box. Could be genuine, but smells pretty funky to me, you have been everywhere and anywhere crusading against these things.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xabien wrote: »

The "pro-consumer" might as well be a side effect, not the primary goal of the regulation.

Regardless, with so many Western devs exploiting players and turning gaming into a money-making racket, it has to sting a bit that the so called "free market" is having to be shown the way by a communist regime.

'exploiting'?

people who volunteer to do something cannot be classified as exploited.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    China has nothing to do with ZOS. They are suppressing their people end of sentence. Precious poster was probably correct about keeping money in the country.

Now ESO is a game, and ZOS is in charge of that game. They do need to make money to fund the game and it's employees. How they do that is entirely up to them. I don't like the crown crates, for me it's not worth the reward without knowing the odds. For some it is different. I'm not going to get into the gambling addiction side of things. All that does is fuel further argument and invites insulting and childish remarks.

Yes ESO can make money, it's perfectly fine, I sub, and buy things from the Crown store. What I will not do is gamble for said items without knowing the odds. I believe, IMHO, they could be making money without these crates. Countless other games make plenty of money through DLC, add on packs or whatever, forza comes to mind, car packs add on content. They have a successful franchise . All the while I don't remember one random crate or chance drop that you had to pay real cash for. I would gladly spend my money on car packs and track packs, expansions and such. Because I knew exactly what I was buying up front.

Agree 100%. I think the crates look terrible IMO, there is nothing there that I want or spend an incredible amount of money on getting.

Yet. To survive using this system as funding, they will need to find a way so that folks like you spend cash on crates. If you're just a tough sell and cosmetics will never get you off your wallet, they'll need to add whatever that thing is that you so desire. BiS gear? Flying purple people eater mounts?

Hmm dlc, mounts, hair styles, name change tokens, riding lesson a few pets, now if the sold an anti rng potion I would snatched those in a heartbeat.

I couldnt care less about the crates, I bought a 15 pack, got nothing special, so to mee there weren't worth the investment. I know some people will buy them, and that's fine, but to me there isn't enough value. I sub, use my crowns on what I want to buy, I will buy a chance to get something. I wouldn't go to Mc Donalds and hand them 10 dollars and tell them just throw a bunch of crap in there I'll take it. With my luck I'd end up with a box full of straw wrappers.

True enough. But it would seem all of those things you listed have not been, and will not be enough. Crates are the hope for the future, holdouts gotta have a reason to spend money on them.

If they truly want hold outs to buy them they need to have a bether return rate, either through adjusting the drop rate or uping the crown gem conversion rate. Adding things that I can't use is not going to get me to buy them, ahem argonian skin and head dress.

A better return rate defeats the purpose though. You would be getting the items you wanted for at or less than the price they would be outright on the CS. They have to be tuned so that the majority of folks end up spending twice as much or more, than they would have on the item if it were available for immediate purchase.

And that is why many won't buy them on principal. There are more upfront ways to make money. What they choose is up to them as a company. It's no skin off my nose either way. People will buy them, some will get what they want without much investment but other will spend way too much and only get what they want through crown gems, some may be fine with spending that much to get a mount or whatever, but some will be pissed. In my experience the pissed ones yell the loudest.
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    summitxho wrote: »

So does that mean I am not the only one who pictures a self entitled, kicking and screaming, spoiled rotten child on the floor throwing our greatly exaggerated dramatic statements because mommy said no to the chocolate bar at the grocery checkout?

Common now, lets be honest here, despite it being in the other crown crates thread as well much earlier, you just happened to miss it despite being involved in every anti crown crate so far? I think it was simply a chance to create a new topic and get back up on the soap box. Could be genuine, but smells pretty funky to me, you have been everywhere and anywhere crusading against these things.

This topic was in another thread? Or do you mean other threads were just discussing law?

I haven't been on the forum since yesterday...
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's interesting how pro-crated people accuse us to be the ones screaming, but they are the ones resorting to baiting and flaming.

Maybe we should all take a deep breath and read the arguments the other side puts forward.
    Edited by Abeille on December 8, 2016 9:40PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

Maybe we should all take a deep breath and read the arguments the other side puts forward.
    We've all probably read them several times. Everyone's set in their opinion and unlikely to change it, we're just going in circles at this point and will continue to do so until we find something else to be outraged about.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »

We've all probably read them several times. Everyone's set in their opinion and unlikely to change it, we're just going in circles at this point and will continue to do so until we find something else to be outraged about.

I'm not sure everybody read them. I keep seeing the same people countering arguments that were not put forward, like when they use the "you want everything free" one like if that was the case (almost everybody who is vocal against them are subscribers and heavy spenders).

But yes, until the actual F2P transition happens, this step of the transition strategy will probably be the focus of the outrage. If the transition doesn't happen, then I suppose the next target will be the next crate season and the non-themed exclusives in them.
    Edited by Abeille on December 8, 2016 9:59PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Back on topic; it seems like the video gaming media has high praise for the move in changing the law in China, so it does make me wonder if they may adopt it in other countries too. Many companies are using loot boxes now so it's becoming "the norm". This might mean the law will need to adapt to the changes too.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Back on topic; it seems like the video gaming media has high praise for the move in changing the law in China, so it does make me wonder if they may adopt it in other countries too. Many companies are using loot boxes now so it's becoming "the norm". This might mean the law will need to adapt to the changes too.

While I am also pleased by what China is doing here, I don't think we'll see a lot of new business regulations being passed at the federal level in the US for the next 2 - 4 years.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

yeah.... the sides have been chosen and the lines drawn.

and that is the interwebs in a nutshell.

i am neither pro nor anti crate but used some free crowns to buy some and was pleased with the results.

(before the whole thing about 'free crowns' kicks off again....

as the sig says eso+

my first sub was £41.94 that was when the game started. no crown store.

when the game went b2p and the sub benefits came in it was still £41.94.... so the benefits are 'free')

the point?

because i am not anti-crate i have been insulted by a variety of people. some who should know better.
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But what if they say "ok you have a 20% chance to get something" and that one person who tries the odds and loses freaks out. They still don't win. You know I stand with you on the crates and I am not a fan of them. But something I like to play the devil advocate with you because it is an interesting conversation..

I see people asking for all types of info from ZoS, profits, how much something made them, give me %%!!!!. But here is my thought, do you have any idea the mark up on Jewelry? Or the gamble you take when you purchase a vehicle? Or anything electronic??

I head the sales department for an electronics distributor..... the amount of money companies make off of people is absurd, I doubt the law will ever be adopted to the states, at least for that factor alone.
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But what if they say "ok you have a 20% chance to get something" and that one person who tries the odds and loses freaks out. They still don't win. You know I stand with you on the crates and I am not a fan of them. But something I like to play the devil advocate with you because it is an interesting conversation..

I see people asking for all types of info from ZoS, profits, how much something made them, give me %%!!!!. But here is my thought, do you have any idea the mark up on Jewelry? Or the gamble you take when you purchase a vehicle? Or anything electronic??

I head the sales department for an electronics distributor..... the amount of money companies make off of people is absurd, I doubt the law will ever be adopted to the states, at least for that factor alone.

caveat emptor...
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's interesting how pro-crated people accuse us to be the ones screaming, but they are the ones resorting to baiting and flaming.

Problem is people don't respect another's point of view anymore. Some just argue for the sake of arguing. Some don't know how to articulate their point, and then when someone counters their point they resort to petty childish remarks.

I dont think it matters to ZOS either way, the crates are here. Unless something in the law changes they are not likely to pull them. I respect both points of view, but I choose to follow my own path. There isn't anyone on these forum that will change my opinion, I can only speak for myself in terns of the crates.

Is it worth the money? To me no, to some yes. As will always be the case, people will disagree with other people, and somewhere along the line we have forgotten to respect that.
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

caveat emptor...

conveniunt!!!
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • Cavarka
    Cavarka
    ✭✭✭
    They need to state odds. Without releasing the odds the criticism is justified. With the odds somewhat less so.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i am neither pro nor anti crate but used some free crowns to buy some and was pleased with the results.

as the sig says eso+

when the game went b2p and the sub benefits came in it was still £41.94.... so the benefits are 'free')

the point?

because i am not anti-crate i have been insulted by a variety of people. some who should know better.

I've said it before and I will say it again.

There seems to be no middle ground anymore. People only tend to work in definites. You must be for or against. With us or against us. And to me, that is quite dangerous thinking. Anyone on the middle ground usually ends up with "You're wrong my opinion is right and only my opinion is right!!!!!" followed by a stream of insults or worse.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got out of surgery so please excuse anything I write that doesn't seem coherent but I am typing slow . I do not know what the law in China is or if it effects here but I will say this . Government getting involved in anything is always bad news . I would like ZOS to do things voluntarily an not buy force from any government . A show of goodwill to players by letting them know the odds would be a nice gesture in my opinion but not forced . There are many nice people at ZOS like @ZOS_RichLambert that could make steps to let everyone know their chances to get stuff . I personally do not care but respect others that do . I just avoid gambling no matter what odds but if this brought more comfort to players wanting to test their luck , voluntary by ZOS would mean more to me and keeping government out of games please .

I don't think it would stop people from buying crates . Those people that want them will buy no matter what most of times . Anyways just my opinion or half out of it opinion lol . Have a good day Cazzy my friend and know I am not saying this to be rude , I just don't like government watch dogs . Once they get in there is no stopping them from growing and maybe monitoring more things , some might be things you want them to stay out of .
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Problem is people don't respect another's point of view anymore. Some just argue for the sake of arguing. Some don't know how to articulate their point, and then when someone counters their point they resort to petty childish remarks.

I dont think it matters to ZOS either way, the crates are here. Unless something in the law changes they are not likely to pull them. I respect both points of view, but I choose to follow my own path. There isn't anyone on these forum that will change my opinion, I can only speak for myself in terns of the crates.

Is it worth the money? To me no, to some yes. As will always be the case, people will disagree with other people, and somewhere along the line we have forgotten to respect that.

I agree that they are not likely to pull it, but it is important for people to speak up against the direction the game is going to if they don't want it to end like the many other MMOs before it.

While we are at it, we can keep giving feedback to try to make the crate themselves less awful. ZOS said they will look into the race-locked item issue for the next season of crate, which is an improvement. Sure, it would have been better if they did that when we gave this feedback on the PTS forums, but it's something. Maybe they can eventually put the non-themed exclusives up for direct sale when that particular kind of crate is off-season (that alone will make almost all of the opposition die out).

But if people just quietly accept everything, they have no reason to make them any better :/

Meet my characters:

• Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Woeler

The only thing pathetic around here is how flaccid of an intellect someone needs to have to just uncritically accept every product thrown at them. It's sad how easily some people traipse through life without ever examining the far-reaching consequences of the economic models we create today.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should petition Germany and the US to go onto the respective ESO servers and have them hire employees to play ESO, farm up gold, and buy up gold mats to increase the price, so we can make more gold ;)
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

as the sig says eso+

the point?

I've said it before and I will say it again.

There seems to be no middle ground anymore. People only tend to work in definites. You must be for or against. With us or against us. And to me, that is quite dangerous thinking. Anyone on the middle ground usually ends up with "You're wrong my opinion is right and only my opinion is right!!!!!" followed by a stream of insults or worse.

thank you for getting the point.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically, Pacrooti does violate both Maryland and Texas law on gaming devices so the server location is irrelevant.

Maryland:
    http://law.justia.com/codes/maryland/2013/article-gcr/section-12-101/
    http://law.justia.com/codes/maryland/2013/article-gcr/section-12-102/
    http://law.justia.com/codes/maryland/2013/article-gcr/section-12-104/

Texas:
    http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/PE.47.htm

If you feel aggrieved by the crates, you can by Maryland law recover the money as common debt.
    http://law.justia.com/codes/maryland/2013/article-gcr/section-12-110/

Which is much more complicated and time consuming than just not buying the things in the first place, or only buying them if you accept the lowest probable payout (four consumable cards) as a return for 400 crowns.

An educated consumer is still his or her own best ally.
    signing off
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It would also still go against the very thing people are claiming to be against - imposed gambling. People can't go around denouncing gambling, worrying about all those poor souls who have addictive personalities, then buy them just because the odds are suddenly stacked heavily in their favour. Even if the odds were upped to 99% a lot of people would be shown up for what they were - hypocrites that only hid behind their faux concern for others because in reality, they were only ever interested in themselves. After all, gambling is gambling. I'd ruin my laptop with all the coffee I'd have to spit out due to the umpteen dozen shock revelations that they weren't ever concerned about little Timmy or that poor down in his luck Jonny "no mates" McSucker
    Edited by Prof_Bawbag on December 8, 2016 10:30PM
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Government getting involved in anything is always bad news .
    Well that's simply absurd.
This discussion has been closed.