The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vet Cradle of Shadows Has Been Soloed!

Vaoh
Vaoh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Cradle of Shadows (Veteran) - Solo

Notes:
• Patch: One Tamriel
• My pet was only needed to bypass Dranos Velador's one shot mechanic.
• Although it made most fights tougher, I used full DPS-specs when possible to speed up fights
• Velidreth was unbelievably tough to kill. Props to ZOS on this fight, despite Mephala's notorious Daedra being a "soloable" group boss now :)
• Hard Mode Velidreth is soloable - it would simply require too much time and RNG for me to complete it that way

Sithera
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l41KG0j_fds
• A really easy fight, since this boss fights like a typical Spider Daedra.
• At certain health percentages (65%/35%) she will put out the closest torch light and spiders will drop from the ceiling to fight you.
• Save your Ult for these situations, as you'll need to run across the room to light a new flame, inevitably stacking up lots of spiders who can be burned downed rather quickly with an Ultimate.
• You'll need to back away a little bit from the ranged spiders to force them to move into the light, then return to fight them.
• Spiders do not die/despawn on boss death

Khephidaen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BvI47-lhr0
• Not an easy fight
• Khephidaen has a Heavy Attack that will kill you even if blocked. You need to dodge it or run away from her to avoid death when she's aggroed to you.
• She uses a telegraphed AoE that can immediately kill most players. It most often channels and fires prior to her teleporting to a new location.
• Khephidaen often channels an attack which launches a red projectile at you. The red projectile will knock you back and deal lots of damage, so you will either need to interrupt the boss or dodge/block this projectile. It most often channels and fires after she teleports to a new location, though this boss also likes to cast it as often as possible when her targets have strayed too far away.
• She will periodically knock out lights around the room based on her health percentage. This will occur 4 times throughout the fight based on her total health.
80% - 1 light out
60& - 2 lights out
40% - 3 lights out
20% - 4 lights out
• Relight the fires and you're good to go. While these lights are out, shades will spawn and summon spiders every time Khephidaen channels her interruptible attack, as well as put you at a strategical disadvantage since much of the map can become shaded. These spiders have low health but deal high damage.

Votary of Velidreth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvB-EVdwPDU
• Very easy fight. The key to this fight is to burn the boss as fast as possible. It's honestly annoying.
• *Watch out for her interruptible HoT. The only cue prior to her healing up is the mini-dash she makes towards the dead body of a spider you killed. She heals for significant amounts of health every second until you interrupt her*
• Watch out for the AoE this boss casts, signaled by the red telegraph on the floor. The Votary of Velidreth will also glow red when this happens. Be wary of this, since it can be hard to avoid when snared/distracted by the smaller spiders that this boss calls.

Dranos Velador
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyjBSbaD43I
• This is NOT an easy fight to solo. There is plenty of room to make mistakes and get killed in one hit. You really have to be careful in this fight.
• Dranos AoE Heavy attacks can one-shot you. He can also move while casting it. On top of this, his Heavy Attack is not that easy to predict.
• At certain health percentages (80%/55%/30%) a Shade Phase will begin. This causes Dranos to become invincible, as well as chase you down and try to kill you. You need to either kill the Shades around the room and grab their orbs, or have Dranos Heavy Attack the Shades. Since the Shades also Heavy Attack, having them strike Dranos will have the same effect.
• The Statue of Mephala (hanging from the ceiling) blasts magical mortars toward whoever holds aggro on Dranos. These deal high damage.
• At 20% health, the Statue of Mephala will radiate tons of mini waves which deal pretty high magic damage on top of the magical mortars. It's easy to die in these moments.
• Dranos Veldaor's final mechanic is to spawn two shades to lock down the target currently aggroing him, so he can charge up a one-shot Heavy Attack. In order to avoid this, you either need to interrupt the shades or kill them.
• If running solo, you either need a Pet to grab aggro from Dranos or lay down enough properly placed AoEs to kill the Shades who are locking you down.

Velidreth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glxAHgq_6-8
Mechanics:
• Velidreth is about as difficult as the Planar Inhibitor to solo. Impossibly difficult fight. Plain and simple, don't attempt it solo.
• I used a pet. My best attempt without a pet was 39% and it was really stressful as RNG plays a role in how long you live.
• All DoTs applied to you tick once per second

• Velidreth will Heavy Attack you, causing a one-shot unless dodge rolled or flawlessly Streaked away from (not reliable). Only tank builds can hold block and survive.
• Velidreth's Heavy Attack has an extremely short wind-up time and is difficult to see. It seems like it can land early too. Most of my deaths attempting to solo this boss ended because I could not see this attack.
• Immediately after her Heavy Attack, she will attempt to slice you once more, afflicting you with a heavy DoT which lasts awhile.
• Velidreth will suck you in and apply an unbreakable CC on you. During this short period, she will drain Ultimate from you. The amount scales depending on how much Ultimate you have stored up. You cannot be harmed in any way while she is doing this so it does help regenerate other resources.

• Spiderkith spawn often throughout the fight. They will apply lots of pressure on you, and are a priority to kill.
*Shadow Weavers*: Casts spells which causes lots of AoEs to race around the floor that CC you for a long time if not broken and deal a huge amount of damage. This is the most dangerous, and also results in your death quite often. These Spiderkith also place other AoEs on the ground that deal high damage. They are an absolute priority to kill.
• The Red, Blue, and Green orbs around the map (which Velidreth creates when she raises her abdomen) will significantly drain your corresponding resource, along with applying a detrimental regeneration suppression debuff to the affected resource.
• All DoTs/negative effects are purgeable, but are still very difficult to deal with due to the high rate at which Velidreth and her Spiderkith reapply them.

• At certain health percentages (65%/35%), Velidreth will initiate a Catacombs Phase, banishing you to the catacombs. Grab an Atronach Light before going down, and don't forget to build your Ultimate while you're down there!
• The Catacombs Phase is simple: Navigate your way back to Velidreth and get right back into the action
• If you get close enough for Veldireth to see you on the ledge, and you take too long to jump down, she will teleport you directly to her in a dangerous way. Just get back to her and fight.

• Her Spike Phase begins when she climbs to the ceiling and the screen turns darker. If you move during this phase, you die. You need to wait a certain amount of time and then dodge roll or you are dead. There are two good strategies I know of to use to survive this.
1) Popular Strategy: Wait until the screen goes back to normal, then walk forward. As soon as your character feels slightly snared, you dodge roll. The spike will explode from the floor about 1 second after you feel the snare.
2) My Strategy: LOOK AT VELIDRETH! She went up there, and eventually needs to come back down. The moment you see her begin her decent from the ceiling, dodge roll. The spike will explode from the floor while she is mid-flight/on the floor. It is 100% reliable in my experience and easy to do
• More orbs spawn when Velidreth has fallen below 30% health, and she will climb to the ceiling for a Spike Phase even more often.

Hard Mode: Velidreth's health is increased from 4,700,000 to 5,600,000.
Hard Mode: Mephala's Totem of Adoration fires mortar-like balls every X seconds which explode for huge magic damage and radiate waves of magic
Hard Mode: In the catacombs, 1 extra door is locked.

*My thread soloing Vet White Gold Tower*
These were the hardest two pieces of content in ESO to solo. I wonder how @ZOS_Finn will react when he sees this XD
Now all I have left to do..... is buy a House.

ENJOY!
Edited by Vaoh on November 22, 2016 11:54PM
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    At work but I can't wait to watch the video. You must have very, very sore hands. Congrats!
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By Uncle Sheo's undies...

Congratz man :)
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    runagate wrote: »
    At work but I can't wait to watch the video. You must have very, very sore hands. Congrats!

Yes... :persevere:
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nerf Sorc! ;) , congrats!... half betting zos is gonna be mad that you've done this. :p
    PS4 NA DC
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not the hardest thing to do in ESO. However, I can see you have already done the hardest thing, too - you have a vMA Inferno Staff, which means you have beaten the vMA RNG. That's truly impressive (only if you got it after DB though). B)

Oh yeah, and well done with vCoS.
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once again, congratulations on an epic feat.

Now that all you have to do is buy a house, do you plan on just posting up in a rocking chair, and tell stories of "back in my day"? Or, do you silently plan for the next challenge?
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice job man! I don't know how you have the patience to spend hours in this place, but it is worth it after all.

When are you doing ICP and Mazzatun? :wink:
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inb4 Buff Cradle movement.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bruh....lol
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once again, congratulations on an epic feat.

Now that all you have to do is buy a house, do you plan on just posting up in a rocking chair, and tell stories of "back in my day"? Or, do you silently plan for the next challenge?

I'll silently plan taking a break from ESO :/

Hoping to get my all of the stuff on my pack mules organized inside a nice house first. Then I can return eventually and not be confused about where I put everything.

I could try to solo the first boss of Maw of Lorkhaj, but it's a long and boring fight. Plus the Dro-m'Athra outside are not very fun to fight solo (involves LOTS of running).

• bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odd....was watching a video earlier today of another fella trying to the very same thing, with less success of course.

Although soloable top tier group content usually spells the beginning of the end of an MMO style online game, I can't help but admire the achievement.

It's a genuine achievement too. Not one of those get-nothing ones in the game that folks pursue with a rare passion for no purpose I can readily discern. :p
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang.

Nerf @Vaoh pls :D:)

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. now ruins with hard mode.

And don't blame me for the suicide ;)

Use pets to avoid blind mode. He can tank while you kill statues.

You know you can live through the poison and get it to the Geiser while your pet tanks the boss. It's totally doable.

THEN I'll be impressed ;)

No seriously. Do it. Now!!
    Edited by N0TPLAYER2 on November 23, 2016 12:28AM
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Vaoh Enough ESO for you! lol. I challenge you to solo vMoL now!
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N0TPLAYER2 wrote: »
    No. now ruins with hard mode.

And don't blame me for the suicide ;)

Use pets to avoid blind mode. He can tank while you kill statues.

You know you can live through the poison and get it to the Geiser while your pet tanks the boss. It's totally doable.

THEN I'll be impressed ;)

No seriously. Do it. Now!!

It's okay.... I don't think it'd work out well. Vet Ruins of Mazzatun is not soloable. Same goes for Vet Imperial City Prison.

- The Tree Minder's hallucination mechanic is impossible to live through in vRoM.
    - I can't pull the two levers in vICP fast enough. Probably can't kill the Flesh Sculptor either

Ty though :)
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll pass :lol:
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get a list of your build? You're using abilities I'm not familiar with by just visuals alone.

Also the standard amounts of jealousy applies.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

I'll pass :lol:

A smart man knows his abilities; an intelligent man knows his limits. :D
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Came here expecting to see a mag sorc. Saw a mag sorc.

Still, good job. I hate doing this dungeon even in a group :expressionless:
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Came here expecting to see a mag sorc. Saw a mag sorc.

Still, good job. I hate doing this dungeon even in a group :expressionless:

Well Magicka Sorc is the only class that can even bypass Dranos Velador's mechanic. I mean c'mon man....

If I could bring a Magicka Templar in there and pass that mechanic it'd be easy for me :/ Believe me, Magicka Sorc has it rough soloing Velidreth compared to most of the other class specs.
    Edited by Vaoh on November 23, 2016 1:45AM
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impressive! Well done.
    I could try to solo the first boss of Maw of Lorkhaj, but it's a long and boring fight.
    There are two DPS races, though. First, the bursts during the shield phase get worse the longer the shield is up, and second, the frequency of the hide-behind-the-pillar attacks increase to the point where you will no longer have pillars to hide behind. So there is a hard limit to how long you can drag the fight out.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HM or GTFO....
    Lol jk, gg :)

I have a challenge for you- nHRC 99% sure it can be solo'd (clanfear is gonna take a beating from the warrior though)
    I'll msg you the trick to doing it.
    Pretend my friend is clanfear in the first vid :P
    https://youtu.be/L2srqbZETbY
    Soloing one of the 2nd bosses-
    https://youtu.be/0P11yfNSDBA
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD
    Elvali Marvani - Dunmer - mDK DD.
    Venemus Draconem - Redguard - sDK DD
    Jayri Leki - Redguard - sSo DD.
    Miss Jabsalot - Altmer - mTe PvP DD/ Tank
    Mireli Hlaano - Dunmer - mNB DD.
    Ms Shanks - Redguard - sNB DD/ le bank

NA
    Dilemma Dame - Altmer - mDK DD
    Stamsorc Kitty - Redguard - sSor DD
    Aia Draconis - Imperial - sDK Tank
    Decides-Who-Lives - Argonian - mTe Healer
    You wont stop me - Altmer - mSo DD
    Stab in the dark - Khajiit - sNB DD
    Jabjabjab Beambeambeam - Dunmer - mTe DD
    Spatium Auxiliarus - Imperial - hTe Tank&bank
    Spectre - Altmer - mNB DD
    Can't-Main-Tank -Argonian - sDK offTank
  • Libonotus
    Libonotus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cradle of Shadows (Veteran) - Solo

Notes:
    • Patch: One Tamriel
    • My pet was only needed to bypass Dranos Velador's one shot mechanic.
    • Although it made most fights tougher, I used full DPS-specs when possible to speed up fights
    • Velidreth was unbelievably tough to kill. Props to ZOS on this fight, despite Mephala's notorious Daedra being a "soloable" group boss now :)
    • Hard Mode Velidreth is soloable - it would simply require too much time and RNG for me to complete it that way

Sithera
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l41KG0j_fds
    • A really easy fight, since this boss fights like a typical Spider Daedra.
    • At certain health percentages (65%/35%) she will put out the closest torch light and spiders will drop from the ceiling to fight you.
    • Save your Ult for these situations, as you'll need to run across the room to light a new flame, inevitably stacking up lots of spiders who can be burned downed rather quickly with an Ultimate.
    • You'll need to back away a little bit from the ranged spiders to force them to move into the light, then return to fight them.
    • Spiders do not die/despawn on boss death

Khephidaen
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BvI47-lhr0
    • Not an easy fight
    • Khephidaen has a Heavy Attack that will kill you even if blocked. You need to dodge it or run away from her to avoid death when she's aggroed to you.
    • She uses a telegraphed AoE that can immediately kill most players. It most often channels and fires prior to her teleporting to a new location.
    • Khephidaen often channels an attack which launches a red projectile at you. The red projectile will knock you back and deal lots of damage, so you will either need to interrupt the boss or dodge/block this projectile. It most often channels and fires after she teleports to a new location, though this boss also likes to cast it as often as possible when her targets have strayed too far away.
    • She will periodically knock out lights around the room based on her health percentage. This will occur 4 times throughout the fight based on her total health.
    80% - 1 light out
    60& - 2 lights out
    40% - 3 lights out
    20% - 4 lights out
    • Relight the fires and you're good to go. While these lights are out, shades will spawn and summon spiders every time Khephidaen channels her interruptible attack, as well as put you at a strategical disadvantage since much of the map can become shaded. These spiders have low health but deal high damage.

Votary of Velidreth
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvB-EVdwPDU
    • Very easy fight. The key to this fight is to burn the boss as fast as possible. It's honestly annoying.
    • *Watch out for her interruptible HoT. The only cue prior to her healing up is the mini-dash she makes towards the dead body of a spider you killed. She heals for significant amounts of health every second until you interrupt her*
    • Watch out for the AoE this boss casts, signaled by the red telegraph on the floor. The Votary of Velidreth will also glow red when this happens. Be wary of this, since it can be hard to avoid when snared/distracted by the smaller spiders that this boss calls.

Dranos Velador
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyjBSbaD43I
    • This is NOT an easy fight to solo. There is plenty of room to make mistakes and get killed in one hit. You really have to be careful in this fight.
    • Dranos AoE Heavy attacks can one-shot you. He can also move while casting it. On top of this, his Heavy Attack is not that easy to predict.
    • At certain health percentages (80%/55%/30%) a Shade Phase will begin. This causes Dranos to become invincible, as well as chase you down and try to kill you. You need to either kill the Shades around the room and grab their orbs, or have Dranos Heavy Attack the Shades. Since the Shades also Heavy Attack, having them strike Dranos will have the same effect.
    • The Statue of Mephala (hanging from the ceiling) blasts magical mortars toward whoever holds aggro on Dranos. These deal high damage.
    • At 20% health, the Statue of Mephala will radiate tons of mini waves which deal pretty high magic damage on top of the magical mortars. It's easy to die in these moments.
    • Dranos Veldaor's final mechanic is to spawn two shades to lock down the target currently aggroing him, so he can charge up a one-shot Heavy Attack. In order to avoid this, you either need to interrupt the shades or kill them.
    • If running solo, you either need a Pet to grab aggro from Dranos or lay down enough properly placed AoEs to kill the Shades who are locking you down.

Velidreth
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glxAHgq_6-8
    Mechanics:
    • Velidreth is about as difficult as the Planar Inhibitor to solo. Impossibly difficult fight. Plain and simple, don't attempt it solo.
    • I used a pet. My best attempt without a pet was 39% and it was really stressful as RNG plays a role in how long you live.
    • All DoTs applied to you tick once per second

• Velidreth will Heavy Attack you, causing a one-shot unless dodge rolled or flawlessly Streaked away from (not reliable). Only tank builds can hold block and survive.
    • Velidreth's Heavy Attack has an extremely short wind-up time and is difficult to see. It seems like it can land early too. Most of my deaths attempting to solo this boss ended because I could not see this attack.
    • Immediately after her Heavy Attack, she will attempt to slice you once more, afflicting you with a heavy DoT which lasts awhile.
    • Velidreth will suck you in and apply an unbreakable CC on you. During this short period, she will drain Ultimate from you. The amount scales depending on how much Ultimate you have stored up. You cannot be harmed in any way while she is doing this so it does help regenerate other resources.

• Spiderkith spawn often throughout the fight. They will apply lots of pressure on you, and are a priority to kill.
    *Shadow Weavers*: Casts spells which causes lots of AoEs to race around the floor that CC you for a long time if not broken and deal a huge amount of damage. This is the most dangerous, and also results in your death quite often. These Spiderkith also place other AoEs on the ground that deal high damage. They are an absolute priority to kill.
    • The Red, Blue, and Green orbs around the map (which Velidreth creates when she raises her abdomen) will significantly drain your corresponding resource, along with applying a detrimental regeneration suppression debuff to the affected resource.
    • All DoTs/negative effects are purgeable, but are still very difficult to deal with due to the high rate at which Velidreth and her Spiderkith reapply them.

• At certain health percentages (65%/35%), Velidreth will initiate a Catacombs Phase, banishing you to the catacombs. Grab an Atronach Light before going down, and don't forget to build your Ultimate while you're down there!
    • The Catacombs Phase is simple: Navigate your way back to Velidreth and get right back into the action
    • If you get close enough for Veldireth to see you on the ledge, and you take too long to jump down, she will teleport you directly to her in a dangerous way. Just get back to her and fight.

• Her Spike Phase begins when she climbs to the ceiling and the screen turns darker. If you move during this phase, you die. You need to wait a certain amount of time and then dodge roll or you are dead. There are two good strategies I know of to use to survive this.
    1) Popular Strategy: Wait until the screen goes back to normal, then walk forward. As soon as your character feels slightly snared, you dodge roll. The spike will explode from the floor about 1 second after you feel the snare.
    2) My Strategy: LOOK AT VELIDRETH! She went up there, and eventually needs to come back down. The moment you see her begin her decent from the ceiling, dodge roll. The spike will explode from the floor while she is mid-flight/on the floor. It is 100% reliable in my experience and easy to do
    • More orbs spawn when Velidreth has fallen below 30% health, and she will climb to the ceiling for a Spike Phase even more often.

Hard Mode: Velidreth's health is increased from 4,700,000 to 5,600,000.
    Hard Mode: Mephala's Totem of Adoration fires mortar-like balls every X seconds which explode for huge magic damage and radiate waves of magic
    Hard Mode: In the catacombs, 1 extra door is locked.

*My thread soloing Vet White Gold Tower*
    These were the hardest two pieces of content in ESO to solo. I wonder how @ZOS_Finn will react when he sees this XD
    Now all I have left to do..... is buy a House.

ENJOY!

What abilities do you have equipped
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Impressive! Well done.
    I could try to solo the first boss of Maw of Lorkhaj, but it's a long and boring fight.
    There are two DPS races, though. First, the bursts during the shield phase get worse the longer the shield is up, and second, the frequency of the hide-behind-the-pillar attacks increase to the point where you will no longer have pillars to hide behind. So there is a hard limit to how long you can drag the fight out.

I've tanked the boss (though not very easily) in a previous solo attempt.

Here's the thing about these two DPS races though:

1) Against the Votary of Velidreth, I managed on one attempt to get the boss to 0.8% health in 65 seconds before I died. I couldn't use the clip though I do still have it. This means I pulled 35K+ DPS single target using my Magicka Sorc (since the boss has 2.1M health but 2.32M health after just 1 tick of healing). This is considered great DPS against the Blood Spawn, where you are given only the task of DPSing, and with more buffs.

I can definitely manage 20K-25K DPS against this boss solo, so if those pillars don't disappear altogether in like 7-8 minutes then I'm good.

2) If you have enough survivability, this phase can be outlasted. The boss eventually stops and the damage shield dissipates if you can survive long enough.

Not trying to say I could solo it, but actually pulling it off may not be out of the realm of possibility. I think I could pull it off (might attempt it eventually as well). :)
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Impressive! Well done.

I've tanked the boss (though not very easily) in a previous solo attempt.

Here's the thing about these two DPS races though:

1) Against the Votary of Velidreth, I managed on one attempt to get the boss to 0.8% health in 65 seconds before I died. I couldn't use the clip though I do still have it. This means I pulled 35K+ DPS single target using my Magicka Sorc (since the boss has 2.1M health but 2.32M health after just 1 tick of healing). This is considered great DPS against the Blood Spawn, where you are given only the task of DPSing, and with more buffs.

I can definitely manage 20K-25K DPS against this boss solo, so if those pillars don't disappear altogether in like 7-8 minutes then I'm good.

2) If you have enough survivability, this phase can be outlasted. The boss eventually stops and the damage shield dissipates if you can survive long enough.

Not trying to say I could solo it, but actually pulling it off may not be out of the realm of possibility. I think I could pull it off (might attempt it eventually as well). :)

Could be interesting, the guaranteed curse and cats will lower your dps somewhat though. Cant remember his exact health values or how long till no pillars. Not 100% certain but it may be possible to survive without the pillars on normal if you triple/ quadruple shield stack lol Hardened, dampen, barrier, and healing.
    4th Console vMOL clear,

My Tribe
    EU

NA
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crikey. What a machine and on console to. You guys need some sort of nightmare mode.
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    Crikey. What a machine and on console to. You guys need some sort of nightmare mode.

Console is nightmare mode lol
    Try finding a rare motiff without addons, or playing with shoddy fps, no buff/debuff trackers etc
    :P
    Edited by SublimeSparo on November 23, 2016 3:00AM
    4th Console vMOL clear,

My Tribe
    EU

NA
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the whiners say magic sorc is dead,, wow that is impressive :smiley:
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HM or GTFO....
    Lol jk, gg :)

I have a challenge for you- nHRC 99% sure it can be solo'd (clanfear is gonna take a beating from the warrior though)
    I'll msg you the trick to doing it.
    Pretend my friend is clanfear in the first vid :P
    https://youtu.be/L2srqbZETbY
    Soloing one of the 2nd bosses-
    https://youtu.be/0P11yfNSDBA

I have taken down Ra Kotu before, and without a pet as well. It's not that tough imo.

Do you know if it's possible to progress afterward though? If I killed the upstairs Boss, would I have access to the Warrior?
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hero.

Sign my post?
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero