The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vet White Gold Tower Has Been Soloed!

Vaoh
Vaoh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
White Gold Tower (Veteran) - Solo

Notes:
• Patch: Shadows of the Hist
• My pet was only needed to bypass The Adjudicator's caging mechanic. Besides that, I simply used it to make things easier
• If a dungeon doesn't have specific mechanics that result in a single player's death unless aided by allies, it can be soloed.
• The Planar Inhibitor is an awesome fight! Props to ZOS, despite it being a "soloable" group boss now :)
• Hard Mode was enabled for Molag Kena

The Adjudicator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUBozhPs1S8
• Kind of an easy fight
• Most good players can take down this boss if you can bypass the caging mechanic. In order to do this, you either need Sorcerer Pets (to draw aggro from the boss) or Summon Shade (to teleport immediately out of cages and to the boss).
• You may be able to gapclose The Adjudicator if you are close enough when caged. However, the two above strategies I mentioned are the only two ways to really have a shot at soloing this boss.

Three Dragonknights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_tZYhGUPMM
• Easy fight
• Be able to reliably heal yourself, avoid stationary Dragonknight Standards, and put out 10-15K DPS when you need to. That's all there really is to it.

The Planar Inhibitor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd0LjJ7jjUs
I did a ton of testing and died tons of times to gather this data :)

Mechanics:
• Impossibly difficult fight. Never attempt this solo.
• All values can increase or decrease by 0.001%-1%
• Damages are taken against my Shields (0 resistance)
Normal Phase lasts 50 seconds
Blue Phase lasts 30 seconds
• *Heat Stroke tics every 0.5 seconds*
• The Planar Inhibitor casts undodgeable fireballs at whoever holds aggro every 1 second (unless Jumping).
• Heat Stroke increases in strength whenever the Planar Inhibitor strikes you with her fire balls. It grows to 8.5x-9x its initial value if held during the entire Normal Phase
• The ground explodes with mini-AoEs every 10 seconds during the Normal Phase (first explosion occurs after 20 seconds from beginning the fight). It happens every 5 seconds during the Blue Phase.
• The central Pinion strikes all group members every 5 seconds
• *At 100% health - Slow Portals are unlocked, spawn 5 portals at a rate of 1 portal every 5 seconds*
• *At 85% health - Normal Portals are unlocked, spawning 10 portals at a rate of 1 portal every 2.5 seconds*
• *At 40% health - Double Portals are unlocked, spawning 20 portals at a rate of 2 portal every 2.5 seconds*
• Dremora will pour through portals once every 10 seconds if not closed
• Ogrim will pour through portals once every 10 seconds if not closed and too many Dremora are present
• The first Portal Round occurs 12 seconds from the beginning of the fight. All later Portal rounds begin 18 seconds from the end of the last Portal Round.
• The Inhibitor will Jump 1-2 times per Normal Phase, dealing 10K-13K damage to anyone caught
• Heat Stroke dissipates entirely upon the Planar Inhibitor losing control after the Blue Phase, and reapplies as soon as the Normal Phase begins again
• The Inhibitor radiates a tiny bit of AoE damage if you stand too close to her
• All damage dealt in this fight is Fire Damage (except from Dremora physical attacks)
• You are slowly snared when you hold Aggro during the Blue Phase, eventually rooting you (I think it takes 10 seconds)

Tests:
Test 1: 0 Champion Points into Elemental Defender/Thick Skinned

Heat Stroke
• Initial DoT tick value: 836
• Damage added per Inhibitor fire ball: 140
• Average DoT by Blue phase : ~7100

Other
• Pinion fire ball value: 4682
• Mini-AoE damage value: 11142
• DoT from standing close to the Inhibitor: 275

Test 2: 60 Champion Points into Elemental Defender , 0 Champion Points into Thick Skinned

Heat Stroke
• Initial DoT tick value: 690
• Damage added per Inhibitor fire ball: 115
• Average DoT by Blue phase : ~5800

Other
• Pinion fire ball value: 3871
• Mini-AoE damage value: 9192
• DoT from standing close to the Inhibitor: 229

Test 3: 60 Champion Points into both Elemental Defender and Thick Skinned (My Setup)

Heat Stroke
• Initial DoT tick value: 548
• Damage added per Inhibitor fire ball: 91
• Average DoT by Blue phase : ~4620

Other
• Pinion fire ball value: 3871
• Mini-AoE damage value: 9192
• DoT from standing close to the Inhibitor: 196

Molag Kena
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHGHksNaGLY
• Molag Kena is difficult fight to solo!
• Those Atronachs need to die quickly or you have no chance whatsoever. Builds that can put out the necessary amount of damage in a quick burst will have a much easier time.
• Molag Kena is definitely killable without a pet. My original plan was to kill her normally, but I decided to bring my Volatile Familiar into the fight after being exhausted by the Inhibitor.....

ENJOY!
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    White Gold Tower (Veteran) - Solo

Notes:
    • Patch: Shadows of the Hist
    • My pet was only needed to bypass The Adjudicator's caging mechanic. Besides that, I simply used it to make things easier
    • If a dungeon doesn't have specific mechanics that result in a single player's death unless aided by allies, it can be soloed.
    • The Planar Inhibitor is an awesome fight! Props to ZOS, despite it being a "soloable" group boss now :)
    • Hard Mode was enabled for Molag Kena

Awesome ! <3

Edited by hrothbern on October 15, 2016 8:38AM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Whatzituyah
    Whatzituyah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Inb4 ZOS adds a one shot that does 99999 Damage to Vets.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You did it, congratz :o

Cradle of Shadows next? :wink:
    Noobplar
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but can you do it naked only using a 3rd party Rock Band peripheral?
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

Ty!

Funny you mention Vet Cradle next! I've already soloed all but Velidreth on my first (and only) solo run. Then I got kicked to the login screen and everything reset...... so yes! Vet Cradle is next :)
  • Whatzituyah
    Whatzituyah
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Prof_Bawbag I forgot who accomplished that feat in a shape or form.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ty!

Funny you mention Vet Cradle next! I've already soloed all but Velidreth on my first (and only) solo run. Then I got kicked to the login screen and everything reset...... so yes! Vet Cradle is next :)

Nice :lol:
    Any attempts on ruins of mazzatun or imperial city prison so far?
    Noobplar
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is truly awesome !!!

Why are you actually doing this ? I guess you could easily join a progression guild and contribute to group awesome achievements, completion and leaderboards ? (This is a genuine question, out of pure curiosity. No criticism or cynicism intended. I'm just wondering what it is you seek, what it is you like, why you're doing "this to yourself" and I'm intrigued by the will to play solo while still in a MMO).

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ty!

Nice :lol:
    Any attempts on ruins of mazzatun or imperial city prison so far?

I won't attempt Vet Ruins of Mazzatun because the final boss is impossible to solo thanks to the Hallucination mechanic.

I have thought about Vet Imperial City Prison. Definitely gonna give it a try to see if I can bypass Ibomez's attack that must be interrupted. My pet may be able to take the beating! If not, there is little else I can do :/
  • Tarrin
    Tarrin
    ✭✭✭
    NERF SORCS!!!!!!11111111

gz anyway :D@ZOS think please about vet mode.
    Edited by Tarrin on October 15, 2016 9:10AM
    Samurai without a sword
    Like a samurai with the sword
    But without the sword
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why are you actually doing this ? I guess you could easily join a progression guild and contribute to group awesome achievements, completion and leaderboards ? (This is a genuine question, out of pure curiosity. No criticism or cynicism intended. I'm just wondering what it is you seek, what it is you like, why you're doing "this to yourself" and I'm intrigued by the will to play solo while still in a MMO).
    Honestly, I find difficult solo content to be a lot of fun! :)

.....that's the main reason at least. I also want to see if it's possible, since it'd be pretty surprising if any of these "tougher" group dungeons were at all even remotely soloable. Remember that soloing Vet City of Ash has been marked a huge accomplishment in terms of difficulty by most!

As for progression guilds, I don't often have time for Vet trials though I do run them when convenient. PvP has gotten kind of boring for me as well since I'm a Dual Wield Mag Sorc fighting in an imbalanced Stamina meta.

That's pretty much why :smile:
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tarrin wrote: »
    NERF SORCS!!!!!!11111111

I knew this would come up....

Plz don't ZOS. The only reason a Sorc can do this is because of sheer luck in class design.

If others had Streak/Pets they could do it too

Plz no nerfs cause ONE PLAYER soloed vWGT :(
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nice, good job!!
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tarrin wrote: »
    NERF SORCS!!!!!!11111111

I knew this would come up....

Plz don't ZOS. The only reason a Sorc can do this is because of sheer luck in class design.

If others had Streak/Pets they could do it too

Plz no nerfs cause ONE PLAYER soloed vWGT :(

Good job BUT you have to admit that every other class will never be able to do this, and is weird imho...
    Signature

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do know theres an immeasurably large "if" attached to your claim though right?

You can easily solo this dungeon, "IF"...
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"times are achanging"
    and always will do

MMO is an outdated label for a game.....
    MMO is a very important feature of a modern big fantasy game

no more.... no less
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friggin' Awesome! Gratz!
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW.
    Great feat.

Gratz!

Gotta love how magicka characters can shine in this stamina meta.
    Gonna throw your achievement into the face of anybody that shittalks about magicka.
    And we have a lot of those...
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    WOW.
    Great feat.

Gratz!

Gonna throw your achievement into the face of anybody that shittalks about magicka.

Isn't the stamina meta more of a PVP thing?
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

• Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW.
    Great feat.

Gratz!

Well people don't restrict themselves to PvP when they decide to shittalk magicka builds.
    For example, there was this (newbie) guy on TS asking about magicka DK builds, only to have other people talk garbage about mag DK.
    Literally garbage.
    That person was so discouraged he stopped playing altogether, rather than starting all over with a stamina character.
    He didn't even step foot in Cyrodiil yet. He just knew PvP was the endgame he was striving for.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You gotta turn off your profanity filter lol
  • Lumbermill_Emperor
    Lumbermill_Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    i think sorcs deserve a nerf
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW.
    Great feat.

Gratz!

@Dubhliam

The stamina meta is limited to PvP. Most top raids in leaderboards run with 10 mag and 2 stam.
    The hardest content in the game, vMoL hard mode, has been done by only 5 raids worldwide including PC, PS4 and XB1. The first guilds had only 1 stamina build, that too only DK. The last two raids were all magicka. Stamina builds simply can't survive the trials due to lack of any proper damage shield.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW.
    Great feat.

Gratz!

Well people don't restrict themselves to PvP when they decide to shittalk magicka builds.
    For example, there was this (newbie) guy on TS asking about magicka DK builds, only to have other people talk garbage about mag DK.
    Literally garbage.
    That person was so discouraged he stopped playing altogether, rather than starting all over with a stamina character.
    He didn't even step foot in Cyrodiil yet. He just knew PvP was the endgame he was striving for.

True. That's a sad thing to hear actually... On the other hand, I still main a magDK and magSorc in PVE without problems and will let nobody talk me out of it. But we're getting off topic here.

• Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daaaaamn, and I cant do it in a full group!
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!!!
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but can you do it naked only using a 3rd party Rock Band peripheral?

Better, I did it with a USB classic NES gamepad.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭

learn the mechanics ;)
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hero.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, the difference is that when you go with a group, you usually spec to perform a specific role: tank, DD or healer.
    A player that is specialized in a role will outperform a player (in a group) that is a jack of all trades.
    But, this makes you depend on other members of your group.
    If they don't perform well, they die and leave you without support, resulting in a wipe.

You can only improve on yourself, you cannot influence how others perform other than giving them advice and hope they will listen.