The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New DPS test

Poss
Poss
✭✭✭✭
Now that Bloodspawn has more health where does one go to do a DPS test?
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dpstest.com
    Options
  • SkylarkX
    SkylarkX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Slimecraw (first boss) in vet Wayrest I is pretty popular
    Nocturnal - Oceanic PvX Guild
    Skylärk / Dunmer DK
    Skylårk / Bosmer NB
    Skylörd / Khajiit Sorcerer
    Elizabeth Skylark / Breton Templar
    PC/NA/AD
    Options
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slimecraw in Vet Wayrest Sewers I is pretty good for DPS testing. Doesn't even need a Healer. :)
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    Options
  • Lord-Gibson
    Lord-Gibson
    ✭✭
    I have been using Slimeclaw in wayrest sewers 1. You can do it solo too, no need for tank or healer. Best done on normal for me. With vet it just takes so long. On normal he has 589,000 health. With my magplar best time was 37.8 seconds.
    Scott D. Gibson
    Beasts Of Ebonheart/ Guildmaster
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    branstark wrote: »

Erm. The health increase on Blood Spawn is a good thing.

The main reason why people started to ignore BS test results was that the health was too low, you had kill times that were well under a minute, and it became a useless measure of burst DPS instead of a useful measure of sustained DPS.

A lot of people started testing on the first boss of nAA (without a full 12-man group) because the health was higher. Blood Spawn's health increase makes it a better DPS test target than before, not a worse one.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bloodspawn. Now it's just a dps test over a slightly longer fight making it more accurate.

There are also a few world bosses which don't really get targeted often. A bunch of them don't summon adds and a tank can very easily hold them. The first conjurer in vSO is also pretty good since the first pack of mobs can be ran past and the conjurer has a reasonable chunck of health and it very close to the start of the trial.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rakkhat is pretty good
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Rakkhat is pretty good

LMAO. You might be putting the cart before the horse on that one. :smile:
    Options
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    I have been using Slimeclaw in wayrest sewers 1. You can do it solo too, no need for tank or healer. Best done on normal for me. With vet it just takes so long. On normal he has 589,000 health. With my magplar best time was 37.8 seconds.

I think that's less than 20k dps. You can do better than that
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bloodspawn is better with more health. Many stoooed using it because it died so fast.

The maw in Vet BC 2 is good.
    Options
  • RazorCaltrops
    RazorCaltrops
    ✭✭✭
    People who are proud of their DPS against a stationary target with zero environmental threat are usually the ones who die first/most in 12-people instances.

Just saying.
    PS4 EU
    Options
  • Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭
    People who are proud of their DPS against a stationary target with zero environmental threat are usually the ones who die first/most in 12-people instances.

Just saying.

They don't do it to be proud they do it to join some trials guilds it's a requirement
    Edited by Poss on November 22, 2016 9:44PM
    Options
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bloodspawn more health is even better as a dps test.
    Killing in 1 min 15 sec, are around 40k dps I believe.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
    Options
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2nd boss, big daedroth in banished cells II, 5.7m health, some longer fight than bloodspawn and rest ;)
    Options
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodspawn is a great DPS test. It shows whether or not you have sustain issues in long fights, which you won't realize until you start doing hard content such as Vet Trials and some of the harder Vet dungeons. It has ~3 million health.

DPS numbers will depend on test parameters. Here is what my group uses:
    - Healer with SPC and ele drain and (optional)orbs
    - Normal tank debuffs
    - Two warhorns per test

As of the One Tamriel patch, you should be aiming to hit 23k+ DPS on this test. Any player with max CP and a decent gear set should easily get that number and higher. If you can hit this number, you are solid and can go on and do Vet Trials.

If you are not hitting this number, here are your possible flaws:
    - Bad gear set. Most people can hit this number wearing full purple crafted gear. So if your gear is better than this, this is not your issue. You don't need a full gold perfect trait set to hit this number.
    - Bad rotations. Are you reapplying DOTs too early? DPS loss. Are you reapplying DOTs too late? DPS loss. Are you not using the correct skills? DPS loss.
    - Bad weaving or slow skill usage. Are you not using skills fast enough? Are you not weaving? Is your bar swapping too slow (it should be almost instant)?
    - Bad resource management. Your DPS drops significantly as soon as you run out of magicka/stamina. If you cannot sustain for this long, readjust CP or gear.
    - Low CP. Low CP has compounding disadvantages- lower sustain and lower damage bonuses. The lower sustain will further hurt DPS. I do not expect a CP 200 player to be able to do this test.

Honestly, 23k is a low bar to hit. Most really good, hardcore players are hitting 30k and above. But 23k is the mark at which you can say you can carry your weight on a Trial run. There's still tons of room for improvement, but I don't consider you a drag on the group.
    Edited by s7732425ub17_ESO on November 22, 2016 10:17PM
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Just saying.

And people with magnificent situational awareness but not enough DPS potential lead to group wipes on Zhaj'assa because they cannot get his shield down fast enough. You need to be both a good player and have high DPS. The Bloodspawn test at least answers half the question.
    Options
  • Duckbutta
    Duckbutta
    ✭✭✭
    Whoa whoa, hold on, 23k dps with SPC and 2 warhorns??? Most dps tests for endgame guilds don't give you any warhorns or SPC and expect you to pull 25k or 30k+ or more.
    Bloodspawn is a great DPS test. It shows whether or not you have sustain issues in long fights, which you won't realize until you start doing hard content such as Vet Trials and some of the harder Vet dungeons. It has ~3 million health.

- Normal tank debuffs
    - Two warhorns per test

As of the One Tamriel patch, you should be aiming to hit 23k+ DPS on this test. Any player with max CP and a decent gear set should easily get that number and higher. If you can hit this number, you are solid and can go on and do Vet Trials.

- Bad gear set. Most people can hit this number wearing full purple crafted gear. So if your gear is better than this, this is not your issue. You don't need a full gold perfect trait set to hit this number.
    - Bad rotations. Are you reapplying DOTs too early? DPS loss. Are you reapplying DOTs too late? DPS loss. Are you not using the correct skills? DPS loss.
    - Bad weaving or slow skill usage. Are you not using skills fast enough? Are you not weaving? Is your bar swapping too slow (it should be almost instant)?
    - Bad resource management. Your DPS drops significantly as soon as you run out of magicka/stamina. If you cannot sustain for this long, readjust CP or gear.
    - Low CP. Low CP has compounding disadvantages- lower sustain and lower damage bonuses. The lower sustain will further hurt DPS. I do not expect a CP 200 player to be able to do this test.

Honestly, 23k is a low bar to hit. Most really good, hardcore players are hitting 30k and above. But 23k is the mark at which you can say you can carry your weight on a Trial run. There's still tons of room for improvement, but I don't consider you a drag on the group.
    Edited by Duckbutta on November 22, 2016 10:50PM
    Daggerfall Covenant [NA/PC] - Requiem | Elder Scrolls Exchange | Nightfighters | Ethereal Traders Union | Centuria Invictus

Smush M’gush | Orsimer | Stam DK DPS [Trials Guide] [vMA Guide]
    Bill Clawsby | Khajiit | Stam NB PvP/DPS
    Yolo Swagginborn | Breton | Mag Templar DPS [vMA Guide]
    Tastes-Like-Chícken | Argonian | Mag DK Tank
    Cholo Laggins | Altmer | Mag NB DPS [vMA Guide]
    Critney Spearz | Redguard | Stam Templar DPS
    Michael Boltin | Imperial | Stam Sorc DPS
    Sherlock Ohms | Altmer | Mag Sorc DPS
    Pyro Ren | Dunmer | Mag DK DPS
    Mules-All-Gear | Argonian | Mag Templar Healer
    Lil Bossmer | Bosmer | Stam Warden DPS
    Options
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- Normal tank debuffs
    - Two warhorns per test

You're forgiving. Most DPS tests require 25k+ with only a Puncture from the Tank.
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    Options
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30k om all classes without vMA weapons is ezmode...
    Options
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mic1007 wrote: »

- Normal tank debuffs
    - Two warhorns per test

You're forgiving. Most DPS tests require 25k+ with only a Puncture from the Tank.

Yes, I literally said "Honestly, 23k is a low bar to hit". You would be surprised, though, how many players CANNOT hit this bar. Players that have been playing for a long time, too.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just saying.

It is still a good test for a build change.

Though, as I said before, higher health is better. People stopped using the bloodspawn because it died to fast. It could be killed before the lingering affects of the initial potion ended. Now it is decent.

But of course, if a player cannot stay alive and deliver dps to a boss in trial fights it does not matter how high their DPS is normally.
    Options
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For all of the suggested tests with Bloodspawn are these Normal or Veteran? Thank you.
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »
    2nd boss, big daedroth in banished cells II, 5.7m health, some longer fight than bloodspawn and rest ;)

Daedroths have lower lightning resistance if I remember correctly.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
    Options
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think sometimes people get caught up in their own guild/groups and lose context of what the general player population is like. In my experience solo 20k dps, is well above the average seen in-game. And really (perhaps excluding veteran trials, though I've heard of some leaders willing and saying they successfully lead them with dpses around that mark) it will help get you through all content in the game.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
    Options
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The netch boss in darkshade I has no ads, about 1.5m hp on normal and doesn't hit hard enough to require a tank, on both normal and vet. You can just dps with impunity as a solo player, you don't even have to move assuming you have some passive self-healing. The fight is pretty short though. Idk how long a fight should last for a proper dps parse.
    PC | EU
    Options
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    I think sometimes people get caught up in their own guild/groups and lose context of what the general player population is like. In my experience solo 20k dps, is well above the average seen in-game. And really (perhaps excluding veteran trials, though I've heard of some leaders willing and saying they successfully lead them with dpses around that mark) it will help get you through all content in the game.

Yeah 20k solo, self-buffed with avoidance tactics taken into account (wards/heals/etc), no ult, over a several minute fight is good. 30k is achieveable with minor slayer, ultimate and/or group buffs with an uninterrupted rotation.
    PC | EU
    Options
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on November 23, 2016 12:37AM
    Options
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

Not really sure what this means...
    Options
  • Bisenberger96
    Bisenberger96
    ✭✭✭
    The Bloodspawn is really only good for figuring out how to optimize your rotation/gear. True dps testing needs to actually take place in a trial where there is high incoming damage and hazards that need to be avoided/mechanics that need to be followed.
    Options
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

Not really sure what this means...

I think it means that hitting 30k pure single target dps (no adds as in the Maw which often confuse posted dps scores from there) without any group buffs (warhorn for example, TBS - which is a really good set - relies mostly on warhorn uptime), just self buffs and the puncture debuff on a mob (and no 500 spell and weapon damage buff because of NOT using the LFG-Tool), is even in BIS gear not really ezmode for every build and class. It's doable and even doable with more ease by certain classes (templar execute comes to my mind) and builds (stamina), yep, but not ezmode.

Personally I think 25k is a good benchmark. Most people wouldn't believe how many so called DD players won't even hit that mark. I agree though, that 25k a DD should be able to achieve when he wants to do serious vet raiding. It should be even more for trial hardmodes and/or vet MoL.

..and I agree a Bloospawn with more health is a better dps puppet. Longer fights -> more accuracy.

Edited by Flameheart on November 23, 2016 1:00PM
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

Options