The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I'm curious. When was the last time you crafted a low level set?

• psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A while back now, made a training gear set just for leveling
  • Ceridwynne
    Ceridwynne
    ✭✭✭
    I make low level training gear pretty frequently. I am constantly creating and deleting new characters and I want each one to have their own style and to look good while they are training their mounts.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This morning. A new buddy joined the game and we're going to grind to CP160 on our new accounts. Two sets of the following:

Level 6 seducer
    Level 16 seducer
    Level 26 seducer
    Level 36 seducer
    Level 50 seducer (cp10)
    Level 50 seducer (cp40)
    Level 50 seducer (cp70)
    Level 50 seducer (cp 90)
    Level 50 seducer (cp150)

All training. He wants to make a sorc, I'm looking at leveling a magknight. I kinda wanna try it. And drop sets for anything other than max level are too much of a PITA for me.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main crafter makes lower level sets for the characters I'm working through lvl 15-50.

I'd claim its for the nice set bonuses, but mostly its vanity.
    light dwemer shoulders for the WIN! B)

& in the traits they want of course, so they can research something good when the next pieces come in!
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    And drop sets for anything other than max level are too much of a PITA for me.
    so much This!
    Edited by Pheefs on December 9, 2016 10:30PM
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Update

leaving my 11th at the 20s, started to run my 12th from 8 to 15.

so, crafted a bow at lvl 8 training.

replaced that with lvl 10 bow of the trainee and other lvl 4 gear as went along.so now at 12 most of the gear is 10+ and a complete trainee set. Dont see any more crafting before 15 - maybe not then.

today crafted hide pieces for someone needing crafting. needed a couplke dozen had over 300 in stock due to leftovers from the low guys running and the shipment crates from writs.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I make crafted sets, training traits, upgraded to purple for any of my alts who will be using Random Normal dungeons to help level. I generally only replace the sets when I start to feel my character can no longer carry groups, although lvl 4 and then lvl 16 with the weapon swap are my usual bookmarks. My tank just got a new setup at lvl 38 to replace her lvl 16.

If I will just be soloing, I don't really care and will just wear whatever, but make sure I have at least one of each weight.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Update:

Was focusing on faster questing for my 20ish during the holidays (still quests - i dont do the find a grind spot and level) during the dbl xp thing. took the khajit from 20ish thru 26 tier thru 36 tier now at 37.

Since i was going for more efficient play, i decided to go with the crafted-disposables as quicker and easier and since i had mats flowing in it was a no brainer. So between a 5/5 swapper at 24 and then a 5/3 non-swapper at 34 got to build two full crafted builds (26 and 36) cuz it was just too damned quick and easy and throw away - its paper plates - no clean-up. heck, quick and easy in the same week.

So, i do get that for developing chars the crafted is quicker and easier than using the drops and they can just be deconed for the next crafted mats thing.

Dont know if i will recraft at 44 for those last few levels.

will see.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    The new system does not work for leveling characters, only end game characters.

Unless you are a freak like me and still have characters at single digit and teen levels even after 2 years... I have a lovely "Maormer" that I haven't really played much, but I love her - and it's been at least a year and a half. I think she's level 12 or so.

Plus I'm subbed, so I can store low level stuff for a long time in my crafting bag.

Lastly - my big issue is with Ancestor silk. Most of my characters are magicka based, and damnit the only reason I ever have enough is 'cause my beloved is even more of a pack rat than I am. and he actually does occasionally farm the stuff.

I miss the "in between" stuff (CP 10-150) actually being useful.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night when I decided to do a DK.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last week while leveling a new alt during the event.

Seemed to make sense and some pieces were already in the bank
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Jerezad
    Jerezad
    Soul Shriven
    I crafted some lowbie sets to give away to players right before Christmas. I hold onto everything in case I decide to roll an alt to try new builds.

Then again, the ESO Plus makes this really easy to do whereas someone that doesn't subscribe would probably have an issue with space.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My guild makes lowbie sets about everyday. Im not grinding sets for bwb...no way.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Techkey1
    Techkey1
    ✭✭
    Before 1T.
    CP 477 | Dark Elf | Dragon Knight DPS | Ebonheart Pact | Solo Player | No alts

More of a solo player. Learning to be more guild social lol. LOVING THE MORROWIND EXPANSION!!!

ESO PC NA

Love is what I know.
    Life is what I live.
    Death I will never see.
    Immortality awaits me.
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    I crafted 3 sets for my newest character a couple of weeks ago while he was leveling, as I have done with my last 4 new characters. Generally stick to sets with training trait for this to make leveling a real breeze, making about level 8, level 22 and then about level 36 gear as I level them up.

Have also crafted a couple of sets for friends over the last couple of months as they leveled new characters.

I do almost the exact same thing. I make a new alt a set of green training gear at level 8, level 20 and some time between 30 and 40. The training trait is the key. I also offer in zone chat to make a basic set of gear free for any new players when I am about to leave on a crafting mission and frequently get takers.
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS