The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I'm curious. When was the last time you crafted a low level set?

Iselin
Iselin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I'm a master crafter in all crafts. Before OT I used to craft set gear for my many alts @ levels 16, 26, 36 & 46 and bank them for future alt use. That all ended with One Tamriel and I've deconned all of it to make room for dropped set gear.

Now I find myself doing nothing other than improving dropped sets and the odd TBS for friends. How about you guys?
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't even hold onto any mats below Cp 160 anymore, waste of space. You can face roll any alt to lvl 50 naked with champion points so no need for even set armorbelow max level either IMO, unless you are slow-playing it and looking under every bush.
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a year ago for my lowbie guildmate.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple weeks ago...

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    A couple weeks ago...

Please do tell.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Over a year ago.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just about to make three full gear/weapon sets for an alt and friend's alts. These are with third tier mats - I'll probably do a set for each mat tier until vet.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafting best in slot gear is less of an issue on low level characters than at end game ... at least in my opinion.

It is certainly a player's choice to think the only gear for a character is best in slot ... regardless of level.

However, I like to experiment with different builds, theorycraft on PTS, learn the 5-piece mechanics of a set, and have some fun with a unique set combinations of crafted and dropped.

I would rather be prepared for the day when ZOS buffs the low-performing crafted sets ... rather than being locked into the same gameplay over and over.

But some players are different ... and like to stay in their meta comfort zone even on a non-vet Alt.
  • Flowersquisher
    Flowersquisher
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, apparently i had crafted a piece for a random some time back, and the other day, said random asked if i could craft them a full set of LEVEL 1 set gear. Now its been a while, and i didn't ask, but, what use is level 1 set gear? Idk, maybe i'm missing something, but it would be useless in an hour max, and maybe 8 hours total if you wanted to level new toons. I crafted it and sent it away, and got a tip and the mats back after only asking for mats. All in all, a good deal for me, but level 1????
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before One Tamriel.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, apparently i had crafted a piece for a random some time back, and the other day, said random asked if i could craft them a full set of LEVEL 1 set gear. Now its been a while, and i didn't ask, but, what use is level 1 set gear? Idk, maybe i'm missing something, but it would be useless in an hour max, and maybe 8 hours total if you wanted to level new toons. I crafted it and sent it away, and got a tip and the mats back after only asking for mats. All in all, a good deal for me, but level 1????

Where is that LOL button :)

I admit I do craft level 4 gear for my brand new alts to get them started with 7/7 of whichever armor I want to level faster and get the passive bonuses when you're so resource starved early on. But It's never occurred to me to make that SET gear lol. And the alt him/herself crafts it.

But even at that, the Trainee set gear comes at you so fast in the newbie islands that it gets replaced almost instantly.
  • Flowersquisher
    Flowersquisher
    ✭✭✭
    ikr, kind of made me laugh too. Still trying to figure the "thinking" behind it.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I leveled an alt character (a stam sorc) to 50 during the last week of the Halloween event. To make the process more expeditious, I crafted her a full set of level 6 training gear including weapons. For extra lulz and utility, I made it 5 pieces Eternal Hunt (and 4 pieces Whitestrake for the def stats).

I had a grand time rolling my fat Orc around through the mob scene at Auridon dolmens leaving green circles for monsters to blow themselves up in. 10/10 would trollcraft again.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About two weeks ago, I made 4 sets of gear for a guildmate, a magic set and a stamina set, at L16 and L30. One was Julianos one was Hundings. Did all 7 pieces so they could mix and match dropped items.

About two days ago a couple of guildmates needed some L30 gear and I did not have the extra mats to make it, so I could not fulfill the request. I asked them to go buy a 100 stack so I could make it for them. They never found it, and, when I looked, I could not find any either.

Back before One Tamriel, I could casually farm off level mats as I went through a zone. Now, unless it's L1 or L10 mats, forget about it, I can't provide.

This is not good for helping out guildmates.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    I'm curious. When was the last time you crafted a low level set?

Last week, for a newbie guild member ...
    smash.gif
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I crafted 3 sets for my newest character a couple of weeks ago while he was leveling, as I have done with my last 4 new characters. Generally stick to sets with training trait for this to make leveling a real breeze, making about level 8, level 22 and then about level 36 gear as I level them up.

Have also crafted a couple of sets for friends over the last couple of months as they leveled new characters.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I make couple of training sets every week for guildies. I ask them to provide some mats but they don't need to be the same level as the gear. I'll just recycle the mats to somebody else and it evens out eventually.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    couple days ago, maybe a week for a my new "trolling Wailing Prison" character
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    I made my gf a set of eternal hunt because I saw her playing and noticed the amount of rolling she was doing anyway (think link from loz level of rolling :lol:) but other than that it was maybe three months ago? I helped a newbie looking for help in zone chat complete a dungeon then made him armour and went on my way.
  • scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before One Tamriel.

Before 1T I'd make sets at level 8 and about level 30 - but as someone said before the Trainee sets come around so quick it doesn't make sense to craft sets for leveling. After you get a Trainee set you just do dolmens until you get the jewelry you want for a second set.

In 1T it's easy to get 2 full 5-piece sets without even setting foot in a group dungeon.

The only reason to craft a 5-piece set now is for very specific "novelty" builds.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About a month ago for someone new to the game. Thank god for the crafting bag which allowed me to keep all my old mats without running out of bank/inventory space
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ill occassionally make something, but icharge them the same 5k per item like i do with v160 gear. some take it some dont say what you will but i dont force people to hire me.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A few weeks ago, both for alts and a newbie. I'm getting ready to do so again for another alt.

I hear what you're saying, but farming drop sets is just really inefficient on a leveling character. Skyshard hunting mostly brings me across delve bosses which only drop two slot pieces, and maybe a named piece. So if I want a full set, I'm hitting dolmen-world boss-public dungeon-delve-and maybe a lucky drop from a chest or mob. And by the time I get that fifth piece, the first one is six levels out of date. It just seems easier to craft a standard set every 10 or so levels.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    A few weeks ago, both for alts and a newbie. I'm getting ready to do so again for another alt.

I hear what you're saying, but farming drop sets is just really inefficient on a leveling character. Skyshard hunting mostly brings me across delve bosses which only drop two slot pieces, and maybe a named piece. So if I want a full set, I'm hitting dolmen-world boss-public dungeon-delve-and maybe a lucky drop from a chest or mob. And by the time I get that fifth piece, the first one is six levels out of date. It just seems easier to craft a standard set every 10 or so levels.

No need to farm them really. Just play in a zone normally: do quests, dolmens when you go by one, delves looking for skyshards, the zone's public dungeon, chests when you spot one.... you'll have more set pieces than you know what do with.

Farming them at CP160+ is actually harder especially in areas where you've already quested. Lot's of quests now give you those set pieces too.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No need to farm them really. Just play in a zone normally: do quests, dolmens when you go by one, delves looking for skyshards, the zone's public dungeon, chests when you spot one.... you'll have more set pieces than you know what do with.

Farming them at CP160+ is actually harder especially in areas where you've already quested. Lot's of quests now give you those set pieces too.

Yeah, I haven't done a lot of the quests, and now with One Tamriel, I'd perfer to do them after hitting 50. So my path is actually the opposite of yours.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, I haven't done a lot of the quests, and now with One Tamriel, I'd perfer to do them after hitting 50. So my path is actually the opposite of yours.

Well the new meta while leveling is to avoid questing in areas that drop sets that you might want when you're CP160.... weird that it has come to this lol.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    ill occassionally make something, but icharge them the same 5k per item like i do with v160 gear. some take it some dont say what you will but i dont force people to hire me.

The idea of me actually having 5k is quite amusing.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Before 1T i got my 9th char tp 50-max so that wasn't it.

Right before 1t i got my 10th char to lvl 17 geared with crafted lvl 14 gear from mats they had harvested themselves.

After 1T i ran that char thru to 50-max and i crafted i think once more at like 34 one 5pc set but even by then i was gathering enough drops that the need to craft full char builds was gone - heck not just gone but counter productive. Got more than enough drop sets to keep that char developing thru in mostly drops. the times i crafted after 34 top-of-tier with harvested mats - was mostly for guards and weapons which i do not get many drops for given my play styles.

once they hit 50-max it was equip with drops etc, almost no crafting for the newly minted 50-max, but i did have a lot of already crafted discards from other chars.

my 11th and 12th sitting at like 7-9 now, i expect i will craft at 7-9 for tyhem to start, then 14 then maybe but maybe at 34 and even then not a full set. it will be mostly drop sets at the blue or even green levels until they hit 50-max. Catch is i did save quite a few drop pieces from the 17-50 run so that will also supplement the drop use.

But crafting during ddveloping levels is really more of a throw away result given the next drop set will be better leveld as you progress rapidly.

its one of the reasons i suggest allowing crafters to up-level crafted gear as a part of my "please finish 1T crafting package."

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a few days ago for one of my lowbies
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Last week level 16 Julianos and Magnus, decided to make them purple for him. I accidentally forgot to select the second weapon when upgrading so instead of upgrading a white staff to green, I upgraded the purple staff to yellow. Gamepad mode makes it a bit easy to miss this, especially if you quickly click the ok instead of double checking. Not complaining, just mentioning how the accident happened.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple weeks ago for my DK werewolf, I like making lowbie alt armor in sets I wouldn't normally use. My DK used Ashen Grip, so she was a firebreathing WW, good times, gooood times!
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred