Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Style conversion

Hearts_Wake
Hearts_Wake
✭✭✭
Should we be able to convert armor/materials to the styles that we have worked hard to farm and/or buy?
Edited by Hearts_Wake on November 2, 2016 4:58AM
QQ.

Style conversion 118 votes

Heck yes.
92%
nexxus_ESOwayfarerxGilvothMojmirAlMcFlyFoehammer_76SigtricPheefsSporvanIruil_ESORune_RelicUbungfailkiwib16_ESOEdenprimeSoellaDrevickWodengastGilbert_Gaucirwb17_ESOSerkazongiv.levanovicheb17_ESO 109 votes
No.
7%
SvartulvAkrasjelAdamskiAldersCalidus1 Peel_Ya_Cap_517ELDARTHVADERKramUzibraoutsideworld76Siphoneer 9 votes
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck yes.
    No reason it should not be implemented, we have already have style conversion to Imperial. So why not conversion to other styles, at a small in game cost of gold and style material.
  • Abob
    Abob
    ✭✭✭
    Heck yes.
    Come on ZOS, most of the player base wants this!
  • negbert
    negbert
    ✭✭✭✭
    Again? They said only recently they have no current plans to add this. Stop making these threads.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck yes.
    Yep. We'll be getting furniture crafting before this. Its ridiculous.
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck yes.
    negbert wrote: »
    Again? They said only recently they have no current plans to add this. Stop making these threads.

But you know that this is how we get them to change things, right? You keep on talking about it, keep it at the forefront of everyones mind, thats how you let them know that we really want this. Not just want, its needed. So nah man, keep on making them. If we are silent on the matter, the idea of it gets lost and then it will never be.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Galenus_of_Pergamon
    Heck yes.
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »

But you know that this is how we get them to change things, right? You keep on talking about it, keep it at the forefront of everyones mind, thats how you let them know that we really want this. Not just want, its needed. So nah man, keep on making them. If we are silent on the matter, the idea of it gets lost and then it will never be.

I concur. Keeping an open discussion is how we'll affect change.

At the end of the day, Zenimax Studios is a business and we, the players, are their customers. Most businesses strive to maximize profit.

Allowing players (crafters) to convert overworld (dropped) armor sets to a motif they own, even if it requires the use of style materials at a crafting table, would be a small gold mine for ZeniMax and Bethesda. I'd be buying all the motifs in the Crown Store and Mimic Stones too :)
    Edited by Galenus_of_Pergamon on November 2, 2016 2:42PM
    14 AD Characters all 730CP+ (more info coming soon)

Vivat Veritas
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck yes.
    It should be relatively simple for them to implement a style conversion system by requiring style materials and some crafting materials.

Firstly, it just looks silly wearing mismatched pieces of styles between dropped items.

Secondly, you can go buy a suit for example and tailor it. I don't know why we can't do this in ESO and modify pieces of equipment to fit a style.

Thirdly, there is an absolutely huge demand for this. It takes months to farm motifs and the reward is basically pointless since dropped sets outperform crafted sets mostly.
  • MUSTACHMAN654
    MUSTACHMAN654
    ✭✭
    Heck yes.
    Of course! If we obtained a weapon that is excruciatingly more powerful than your current one, or armor that renders you to obtain a large quantity of protection, than you should be able to match it to your primary style
  • Code2501
    Code2501
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heck yes.
    Yes, just make it consume additional style material, like 5 or so, this would be good for the crown store as well as good for player choice as it would enable us to keep sets we like and restyle them on demand with motifs we earn or buy.

That said, if it was a choice between style conversion and spell crafting I'd take the latter and continue covering my mismatched sets with costumes.
    Edited by Code2501 on November 3, 2016 8:04AM
  • Wise_Will
    Wise_Will
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck yes.
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »

I concur. Keeping an open discussion is how we'll affect change.

At the end of the day, Zenimax Studios is a business and we, the players, are their customers. Most businesses strive to maximize profit.

Allowing players (crafters) to convert overworld (dropped) armor sets to a motif they own, even if it requires the use of style materials at a crafting table, would be a small gold mine for ZeniMax and Bethesda. I'd be buying all the motifs in the Crown Store and Mimic Stones too :)

Yeah Zenimax, think of all the money from Crowns you could make, if you only allowed us to change the style! PLEASE!!!
    XBOX EU/PC EU
  • Hearts_Wake
    Hearts_Wake
    ✭✭✭
    Heck yes.

Ah yes, because it burdens you show much that there is one more thread about it. Poor you.
    QQ.
  • Svartulv
    Svartulv
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    Picked wrong button :)

Yes, we really need this!
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck yes.
    I dont actually like the idea...but have no choice but to agree because...
    1. ZOS gave styles to learn to enable people to change styles.
    2. Any pretense of specific sets being recognisable is rendered moot and obsolete by the simple fact people can simply slot a costume.

So I dont like it. But for all intents and purposes it is 99% there anyway.
    No point having a half arsed contradictory system.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on November 3, 2016 9:52AM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why they implemented the "unique" pieces that are apart of other sets. This way you can get that armor but not necessarily in that style you hate.

At least it's something
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Doomslinger781
    Doomslinger781
    ✭✭✭
    Heck yes.
    What's the point in even having motifs (or dailies, or weapon and armor crafting) if you've got to use dropped sets to be competent at higher levels?

Performance and appearance are in major conflict with each other right now, and any player who cares about both is disappointed. Please make it right for your own good and ours, ZoS
    Templar: Duncan Castlehoff (main)
    Sorc: Sabine Lumoria
    DK: Auderlant
    NB: Yggmeena
    Templar: Mukambei
    DK: Stegmon
    Sorc: Gruze Von Kruger
    NB: Gnarl Ballin
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck yes.
    Whats going to happen to those people who are forced to play with certain sets (which may or may not be in a style they are liking) and have been crafting gear with motifs they both love and earned?

I agree with those who say we should be able to change our item sets we get by using crafting materials. Seriously ZOS, what is the hold-up with such an option? Furthermore, what is the hold-up with weapon dyeing? I know systems take time, but some of us have been rather patient so far. :wink:
    Edited by Vanthras79 on November 3, 2016 7:00PM
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Galenus_of_Pergamon
    Heck yes.
    Can we tag a Zenimax employee to take a look at this discussion?

I'm not sure what the etiquette is for tagging them in posts. However, we deserve them at least acknowledging that they've heard our collective voice, right?

We, the people, deserve to be heard. We pay their salaries.
    14 AD Characters all 730CP+ (more info coming soon)

Vivat Veritas
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Heck yes.
    Svartulv wrote: »
    Picked wrong button :)

Yes, we really need this!

I was wondering why anyone said no to this - LOL, now we know why...
  • TheBastion
    TheBastion
    ✭✭✭
    Heck yes.
    Indeed! I actually have a thread going that suggests something similar, though I can certainly see ZOS implementing this sort of system via style conversion as well.

Not to advertise, of course, but the thread is linked in my signature.

I am with everyone who voiced their concern: Why shouldn't we look good while having good stats?

A question for the ages, certainly.
  • Yak3pe3
    Yak3pe3
    Soul Shriven
    Heck yes.
    Dear crafters. I would like to describe my case: I've got a character, on which I want to have (obviously) the best equipment as possible. That can be only achieved by finding or buying (but sadly not crafting) a combination of two specific sets. Usually such sets would require about 6-8 traits, if I wanted to craft it, because they are really good.. But only by effect, not by appearance. When I combine it, I will probably look horrible. So here's my proposal:
    If I wanted to convert such sets to another style I should abide these conditions:
    - I should have appropriate amount of traits researched according to quality of the set.
    - I should acquire a style book of style, to which I want to convert my armor.
    (or have both style books of: 1. previous style, 2. final style)
    - I should have the material of the style.
    - And it could be passive skills of crafting masters... for example 55th level of Woodworking/Blacksmithing/Clothing

I think these conditions are not so easy to achieve, so I don't find it as a big deal to make this option possible for us.
    Have nice day!
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck yes.
    to make crafting a worthwhile persuit for the individual, why not introduce itr as a reward for researching the 9th trait

ie: once you have researched all 9 traits of shields you can convert any shield to any style you have learned for the cost of the style material.
  • thePyGMy
    thePyGMy
    Soul Shriven
    Heck yes.
    Of course we need it!
  • Mop_Almighty
    Heck yes.
    I think we should be able to convert weapons and armor to whatever racial style our character is, but we should not be able to sell it.
    Breton magsorc
    Argonian Healer
    Dunmer magdk
    Breton magplar
    FOR THE COVENANT!
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck yes.

Ummm no, crafting needs to be made viable again, what harm could it possibly do to allow it? And I'm sorry but you don't need to click these threads if your not going to offer anything constructive. Anyone, as far as I know has a right to post here, unless you own these forums. In which case you should state that certain post are not allowed. I'm pretty sure when I read the forum rules these were not against any known rules.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck yes.
    The only problem I can see as far as crafters, would be bop equipment, they would have to implement something to allow us to covert gear for someone, and to make sure that someone gets their gear back.

I'm all for being able to do it, and have been for a while, I hate my NM in dro mothra, and VO in whatever style that is. It shouldn't cost anymore than traditional crafting, 7 piece set 7 style stones. They could add it as a perk for 9 Trait crafters or add some extra slot in the skill lines.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck yes.
    I would guess this would be the 75th post on this subject this year.
    Would like it to happen but my expectation is about as high as Tyrion Lannister.
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    No.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck yes.
    No.

And another contructive post.
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck yes.
    Can we tag a Zenimax employee to take a look at this discussion?

I'm not sure what the etiquette is for tagging them in posts. However, we deserve them at least acknowledging that they've heard our collective voice, right?

We, the people, deserve to be heard. We pay their salaries.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_TristanK @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_JasonI

Take a look at this please?

Right now the 1T dropped sets are superior to crafted sets in most scenarios. A style change mechanic puts crafters to good use, especially for those who grinded hard for extremely rare styles like Draughr and Minotaur.
    Edited by mr_wazzabi on December 7, 2016 6:33PM
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heck yes.
    As a crafter I would say... yes, definitely.
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow