Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Player “Roles” in Group Dungeons?

geonsocal
geonsocal
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
small disclaimer…for those whom have read some of my threads in the past – sorry, once again, there is no real point…if that doesn’t quite work for you – I highly recommend checking out Victor E. Frankl’s Man’s Search for Meaning – I promise, that’s got all the insight and answers you’ll ever need…

soooooooo, on to the show :) - for the last 8 months or so I’ve been pretty much exclusively pvping – very challenging environment, always seeing new, weird and interesting stuff (playing against other people, things are always going “off script”), plus, I was tired of dungeons/caves and wasn’t happy questing with limited rewards/xp on the different zone maps…probably same story for a lot of folks…

well, 1T and all the new armor sets have gotten me out of cyro and wandering all around 1T…I have a nord magplar whom I was using affliction and dreugh king on (normally dreugh king wouldn’t be a good thing for a magic user, but, most of my fighting in cyro/IC involved my lightening staff – for awhile it worked for me)…I saw the rattlecage armor and decided I had to have the 20% spell damage buff on my magplar (I was just using structured entropy before – quick question: does the rattlecage buff and entropy buff stack?)…

so, knowing I’m getting ready to do some “group” content I’m all excited and nervous…I’ve read a bunch of threads here about getting kicked from groups for not playing your role, or, not being effective in it…so, I do some research on the specific dungeon, go over all my skills with my magplar, make sure I have rite of passage, rune focus and healing ritual all slotted and ready to go – then designate myself as a healer…

my buddy and I queued ourselves up, and, we plopped into the dungeon…couple of strangers come in after us – off we all go in to the Vault of Madness…for about half of the dungeon I’m running around like mad trying to make sure I’m healing everyone and dropping down runes, a couple of times I even fired off my rite of passage…

after about the fourth boss/mini boss we came across I suddenly realized – no one in the group was really taking any significant damage or really needed any help at all…

doing the dungeon was seriously intense – mostly just because how fast everyone moves…even in pvp I can sneak my character away for a minute somewhere so I can go use the bathroom – going through a dungeon – no way buddy, ya gotta hold it…

after my first run I was feeling pretty confident, so, I actually started doing the quest and looking around a little…it was then I suddenly realized – these other players weren’t there to sightsee or “experience” the dungeon, they were there to farm gear and skulls and complete the whole thing as fast as humanly possible…

during my second run, and, after one too many peeks down some empty hallways my buddy tells me there’s a vote to kick me from the group…well, being the avid pvper that I am – I reacted in the only way I could think of – I started trying to “bash” both of the other two players in the group (it may have just been one of the two whom put up that vote – but, I was a little irked at the moment)…

my buddy’s not about to kick me - needless to say, one player left the group and the other just logged out…good news though - i was able to use the bathroom and we got replacements in about 3 to 4 minutes :p

it’s funny, during another run – there was someone in the group whom was having a bit of a challenge staying alive (they kept using ambush to jump right on top of the boss), and, whom occasionally would fall behind our group…how did we all react – we waited patiently, checked our gear and just talked…

ended up taking me 5 runs to get all my jewelry (traded for my two rings) and a couple of pieces of “useful” armor – wtf is up with everything dropping in prosperous and training traits – is that some kind of cruel zos joke on us all…and I ended up getting 5 head pieces and no shoulder pieces…what???

part of the moral of this whole story – believe half of what you see and even less of what you hear or read (that holds especially true for stuff on the forum) – I would imagine, unless you’re with friends – or, doing trials – there really aren’t any “roles”…

I also learned that the people out in cyro/IC are a whole lot more dangerous than any of those bosses in the dungeon…even the 1 shot bosses have patterned mechanisms which can be learned…not so much when your facing someone alone in IC…
PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad you had good experiences. :-)
    Vaults of Madness is my favourite "normal" dungeon.

If you have a good tank, or are running with people who know the dungeon well, there is a lot of flexibility. But if you are running with more inexperienced people, things can go "off script" really fast.

Not to mention bugs. I had a friend get stuck in a chandelier (while he was dead) at the last boss in BC II. It was really funny because each time one of us got lifted by the bubbles, we'd have this split second where we got the "rez" prompt before we dropped back to the ground.
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pugs tend to want to do dungeons as quickly as possible.

If you want to stop and smell the daedra and enjoy the quest story, run the content with guild mates or friends. Otherwise, figure on running through it as quickly as possible.

As for Roles, Normal Group Dungeons can be done with 4 DPS most times. It is the Vet Content and certain achievement hunts that need more of the traditional roles.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To add, the monster heads are a guaranteed drop from the final boss in veteran dungeons.
    The shoulders can only be achieved by collecting undaunted keys and getting lucky when opening the chest that has a chance to drop the shoulders you want.

Unfortunately most groups are on a speed run. It's easier to find a group to take their time if you purposely hunt for one.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
    Options
  • Ozstryker
    Ozstryker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I reccon the only staple role in a dungeon at the moment is a hybred healer/dd, if that is a role?!..
    A good tank is great to have in a group, (as a healer im always more comfortable if we have a good tank) but not always nessisary if there are some melee dd keeping mobs together.. Problems only seem to occur when there are too many ranged who pick up aggro and mobs are spread out all over the place IMO...

Aside from this I'm with you, why race through at breakneck speed... I prefer a steady progressive pace ;)
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    If you want to stop and smell the daedra

yes, this exactly - I did want to stop and smell the daedra...with my wonderful and infinite crafting bag I feel absolutely compelled (can you say OCD anyone) to check each and every nook, cranny and urn to gather all the moonstone, lockpicks and ginkgo available in the game...and, who knows - maybe even chance upon the Imperial motif which is out there waiting for me somewhere...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    each time through I had the overwhelming sense that I must be missing something, cuz, we were all running so fast...every urn and trunk I ran by just pained me...
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SolarCat02 wrote: »
    To add, the monster heads are a guaranteed drop from the final boss in veteran dungeons.
    The shoulders can only be achieved by collecting undaunted keys and getting lucky when opening the chest that has a chance to drop the shoulders you want.

Unfortunately most groups are on a speed run. It's easier to find a group to take their time if you purposely hunt for one.

Ahhhhh, I see, I see (I think)...so, based on the Undaunted pledge (spindelglutch for example) - you receive a key upon completion and that key will open an Undaunted chest, and that chest will contain a random shoulder piece from any of the group dungeons with a random trait (in this case random means you have a 90% chance of getting one in prosperous or training :/ )...
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

Ahhhhh, I see, I see (I think)...so, based on the Undaunted pledge (spindelglutch for example) - you receive a key upon completion and that key will open an Undaunted chest, and that chest will contain a random shoulder piece from any of the group dungeons with a random trait (in this case random means you have a 90% chance of getting one in prosperous or training :/ )...

Actually, a Dev posted the stats on the Chests with a pretty chart and everything. Its about 12.5% chance for each trait to drop. Still a 25% chance for Training/Prosperous, but it's not 90%

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most groups don't mind if you say you want to do the quest at the start of the dungeon, otherwise its usually just a smash & grab.
    Actually, a Dev posted the stats on the Chests with a pretty chart and everything. Its about 12.5% chance for each trait to drop. Still a 25% chance for Training/Prosperous, but it's not 90%

Yep I can make a pretty chart too, doesn't have to rely on raw data to be impressive either. I've been on plenty of dungeon runs where EVERY bit of gear looted was either prosperous or training. Here are some stats for you; I have completed 18 runs of FG1 this week, to show for it, I have 6 training helms, 7 prosperous helms, 2 Well fitted, 2 reinforced and 1 Impenetrable. Yes its too small a sample to be relevant but its my version of the pretty chart and it happens too frequently to be even remotely funny anymore.
    Edited by Synfaer on October 26, 2016 11:21PM
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it was crazy, did it 5 times and each time even when I was running (and fighting) my player (and my eyes) kept drifting to every nook and cranny in the dungeon...

every urn and trunk was screaming - look inside me, i may have something good for you...

I think I'll just try to solo some of the "easier" group dungeons...I don't really even want to subject my poor buddy to my snail's pace of gaming...

#addictedtofarming...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 26, 2016 11:25PM
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh my goodness @nestor - you are so, so - actual and factual all the time :o (starting to wonder if ya got a little Vulcan in you)...

interesting distribution of forum feedback on your profile - i don't think I've noticed anyone else with such a balance of both "insightful" and "awesome"...

I hope you're gonna have some kind of party or something when you hit 10,000 points - that's pretty amazing and friggin cool...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 26, 2016 11:43PM
    Options
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Those charts, and my personal experience speak otherwise. This goes for both dungeon loot AND undaunted treasure chest loot. Pretty much all I have been doing since the 1T update on consoles is running dungeons/dailies. I, without a doubt, can say that divines does NOT drop 12.5% of the time, and that there is a MUCH higher chance of getting prosperus/training/well fitted. If you prefer, I have no problem documenting every piece of loot over the next few days to get a decent sample size. I'll even put it in colorful graph format so that it makes it more believable. ;)
    Options
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SolarCat02 wrote: »

There are three chests, each with their own list of associated shoulders (for example, shoulders for the four DLC dungeon sets are ONLY in the middle chest), but otherwise yes.

You get one key for normal, or one key for veteran, or two keys for veteran after doing hardmode. The first time you do the dungeon counts, so if you run normal, then veteran with Hardmode, you still only get one key unless you dropped the undaunted quest and picked it up again before the veteran Hardmode run. (Same goes in reverse, too, so you won't downgrade your keys either).
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks @SolarCat02 ...I appreciate your help...I can definitely see how if you were running with a few friends it could be a lot of fun...

@Waffennacht had a good thread about soloing dungeons...I tried out fungal 1...it was fun - ended up gassing out and giving up after trying the boss a few times (i'm on a console - my thumbs are still sore)...

I'm thinking I might be able to do some of the normal dungeons with my buddy - at least he'll tolerate me peeking around the dungeon a little...

how much of a gap in difficulty is there between normal and hardmode?
    Options
  • Bossdonut
    Bossdonut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPS EVERYTHING. EVEN YOURSELF. THE GOAL IS TO DO THE MOST DAMAGE AND TAKE MORE THAN THE TANK. IF THE HEAL ER HAS FULL MANA WE HAVE A PROBLEM HOUSTON
    Options
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diminish wrote: »

Those charts, and my personal experience speak otherwise. This goes for both dungeon loot AND undaunted treasure chest loot. Pretty much all I have been doing since the 1T update on consoles is running dungeons/dailies. I, without a doubt, can say that divines does NOT drop 12.5% of the time, and that there is a MUCH higher chance of getting prosperus/training/well fitted. If you prefer, I have no problem documenting every piece of loot over the next few days to get a decent sample size. I'll even put it in colorful graph format so that it makes it more believable. ;)

Sort of like a 37.5% vs a 12.5% because you are talking about the drop for three traits vs one ;)

I know what you mean it sometimes feels like I'm getting more prosperous and training but I think that is only because I focus on them because I don't want them at all.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know exactly how you feel, Geonsocal.

I'm a PVP-er. I hate the idea of farming dungeons for loot. But I'd like to experience all the content in game - so would like to do all dungeons once - with the quest and exploring every nook and cranny.

But from what I've seen in other MMO's, most PVE-ers just want speed-runs of content they've done a million times over and often don't have the patience for the wide-eyed dungeon-virgin.
    For me the result is just not bothering. I don't want to slow others down, and I don't want to feel rushed. I don't want my first run at a particular dungeon to be stressful (and therefore spoiled) because of the other players.

Also on the roles.. another thing that's put me off is not really having one. As a pvp-er, that's my build. I've not really been around long enough to have built up multiple sets for different roles, and to understand those roles. I wear heavy armour, use s+b and ransack as my main attack. That would make me a tank I guess - but I'm certainly not running with capped resists/maxed hp and whatever else a tank should have. I'm just what I'd probably call a front-line dd in pvp. I do steady damage, can take steady damage, can escape when need be. Funny thing is, I can solo a number of vet dungeons, but am afraid to group for them as I don't know my role!
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roles in dungeons?

Khajiit wonders if this is anything to do with the basement of a certain tavern in Ebonheart which this one has never ever visited.

Yours with wholly innocent paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bonuses with the same grade and name don't stack. Both Entropy and Rattlecage grant Major Sorcery bonus. So if you cast entropy while wearing 5 pieces of the said set, it will not grant anything extra. The only advantage you have is that you can slot another skill besides Entropy. But if you do that you also lose the +8% health / chance to steal health (depending on which morph you pick), as well as the magicka recovery & max magicka bonuses from Mages Guild passives. However, major will stack with minor, for example major sorcery from Rattlecage 5 piece or Entropy with minor sorcery from casting a Dawn's Wrath skill. Overall Rattlecage doesn't look like a very good set even for PvP. The health bonus you get is less than what you would get from slotting simply Entropy, it comes with healthy jewelry which gimps your damage, and it's not offset by the extra ~250 spell damage. Which you can get from crafted sets like Julianos or Kagrenak.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • SALLEE
    SALLEE
    ✭✭
    Biro 123

I really agree with you about doing dungeons, I would love to be able to at least experience one, would it be so difficult for them to do like D&D did and make solo dungeons so everyone could experience and learn and of course be able to play the full game that they pay for, I am deeply disappointed how this game is changing for the worse, why don't all these so called brilliant players help other players to be their best instead of berating them because they are not as good as them, I have two level 50's and others nearly there but would never expect to join a group as I am not nimble fingered or minded so I know I could not contribute adequately so I miss out on a great portion of what I like them pay for, so please don't let this game go the same way as wow, which I left with a level 85 character, because they went the same way as this going. I watched my friend last night doing a random dungeon, they got to the 5th and final boss who was just about to go down with next hit when they were logged off, logging back in they were placed outside dungeon to start all over again with nothing!!! no thank you !!!!!!!!

with respect
    SALLEE
    Options
  • SALLEE
    SALLEE
    ✭✭
    Geonsocal

I like you love to explore and take my time, what is the point of flying past everything, these people have to learn to enjoy the journey, regarding all those who are going to say nasty things about my previous post such as " learn how to play etc and join a guild or group " it is not everyone that can find time to give to that for many different reasons. Just learn to help people instead of doing them down!!!! It is only a game after all which we all have a right to enjoy in whatever way we choose, which is why I think solo dungeons would be helpful and beneficial to the game.

with respect
    SALLEE
    Options
  • whoa_dammitub17_ESO
    Hmmmmm, sounds familiar......... It's shiny, it's mine and I wants it!!!!!!! I think I have game associated OCD. urns chests books.....if it ain't nailed down I just HAVE to look! lol
    Die in battle and go to Valhalla
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    me doing pvp content:

9bhx2.gif

here i am doing a little overland play:

giphy.gif

finally, me going through every single container inside of a dungeon:

notobsessive.jpg
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Bonuses with the same grade and name don't stack. Both Entropy and Rattlecage grant Major Sorcery bonus. So if you cast entropy while wearing 5 pieces of the said set, it will not grant anything extra. The only advantage you have is that you can slot another skill besides Entropy. But if you do that you also lose the +8% health / chance to steal health (depending on which morph you pick), as well as the magicka recovery & max magicka bonuses from Mages Guild passives. However, major will stack with minor, for example major sorcery from Rattlecage 5 piece or Entropy with minor sorcery from casting a Dawn's Wrath skill. Overall Rattlecage doesn't look like a very good set even for PvP. The health bonus you get is less than what you would get from slotting simply Entropy, it comes with healthy jewelry which gimps your damage, and it's not offset by the extra ~250 spell damage. Which you can get from crafted sets like Julianos or Kagrenak.

@Asardes ...finally had a chance to go through this thread and read some of the posts a little more closely - some really good info that you shared - i appreciate it...

pretty early on in life I realized I wasn't going to normally be the smartest guy in the room, fortunately around that same time I also discovered I was very good at identifying the strengths of other people...for example - you sound pretty darn smart...

okay, now that I've buttered you up a bit :p could I ask you please for a recommendation on replacing the Rattlecage set...

I mostly pvp (read - Zerg surfer) at range with my magplar, and yeah - i do spam the heck out of my radiant oppression, I also use a lightening stave a bunch (have 2H on my back bar)...

currently I'm married to my affliction set - i don't really trust sets with a 8 or 10% chance to proc, I'm cool with 50% though (plus, I just love the name :) )...

I don't mind farming, cuz affliction doesn't come in rings a crafted set won't really work - any thoughts on a good replacement for the Rattlecage set which will help boost either my spell damage or spell penetration?
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, relatively early when taking up PvP I realized being tanky is just not for me. My main is a stamina DK that mostly tanks in PvE. But when I arrived in Cyrodiil I realized that I can't burst people down fast enough and they killed me first. So I went for a bursty build with 5 MA. They died much faster with 4K weapon damage and 38.2K stamina then they died with 1.6K weapon damage and 27K stamina. Maybe it's my preference for burst, rather than prolonged duels but I really hate wearing heavy in PvP.

If I had to build a templar for PvP I would probably go for 5 Spinner's Garment (3 jewels, one or two armor pieces or one weapon) + 5 Law of Julianos/Armor of the Seducer/ (all armor) + 1 piece monster set (ex. Kena for more spell damage or Chudan for more resistance). If you go 2W you can even have a full monster set. You could still go 1L 1M 5H and still have high spell damage and penetration, but with 5L 1M 1H you will have stronger bursts, more sustain and an extra 4.8K spell penetration from concentration passive. If you decide to go 5H and thus lack access to concentration, the 5 piece bonus from spinner will outweigh that. You mentioned that you disliked dungeons, and Spinner is an overland set, that drops in Malabal Tor. It's also BoE so if you don't manage to find it yourself, you can buy it from guild stores. The others are crafted so it's not hard to obtain them. Just ask a guild mate or friend to craft it if you can't craft it yourself.
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Spinner's+Garment's+Set
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Law+of+Julianos
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Armor+of+the+Seducer+Set
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Monster+Helm+Sets
    Edited by Asardes on October 31, 2016 8:45AM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Options
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pugs tend to want to do dungeons as quickly as possible.

If you want to stop and smell the daedra and enjoy the quest story, run the content with guild mates or friends. Otherwise, figure on running through it as quickly as possible.

As for Roles, Normal Group Dungeons can be done with 4 DPS most times. It is the Vet Content and certain achievement hunts that need more of the traditional roles.

Seems a number of Vet Dungeons can be done with DPS as well, particularly if you've got a healer in there strong at what he does.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, relatively early when taking up PvP I realized being tanky is just not for me. My main is a stamina DK that mostly tanks in PvE. But when I arrived in Cyrodiil I realized that I can't burst people down fast enough and they killed me first. So I went for a bursty build with 5 MA. They died much faster with 4K weapon damage and 38.2K stamina then they died with 1.6K weapon damage and 27K stamina. Maybe it's my preference for burst, rather than prolonged duels but I really hate wearing heavy in PvP.

If I had to build a templar for PvP I would probably go for 5 Spinner's Garment (3 jewels, one or two armor pieces or one weapon) + 5 Law of Julianos/Armor of the Seducer/ (all armor) + 1 piece monster set (ex. Kena for more spell damage or Chudan for more resistance). If you go 2W you can even have a full monster set. You could still go 1L 1M 5H and still have high spell damage and penetration, but with 5L 1M 1H you will have stronger bursts, more sustain and an extra 4.8K spell penetration from concentration passive. If you decide to go 5H and thus lack access to concentration, the 5 piece bonus from spinner will outweigh that. You mentioned that you disliked dungeons, and Spinner is an overland set, that drops in Malabal Tor. It's also BoE so if you don't manage to find it yourself, you can buy it from guild stores. The others are crafted so it's not hard to obtain them. Just ask a guild mate or friend to craft it if you can't craft it yourself.
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Spinner's+Garment's+Set
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Law+of+Julianos
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Armor+of+the+Seducer+Set
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Monster+Helm+Sets

Howdy @Asardes ...once again, really good stuff - thanks...that's funny, I pvp a bunch (read: zerg surfer :) ) and for most of my characters (5 out of the 7) I go for "sustainability/survivability" - the only 2 exceptions being my magsorc and stamblade...both of those I've had to really learn to be careful of where I stand when pvping...

that Spinner's set has me really interested...my magplar is wearing all heavy though (i'm seriously starting to re-think that approach for this character, although it doesn't look like the light armor passives for just two pieces would help with any extra spell damage) - thinking about trying out some of the "tank" sets like beekeeper's gear, hatchling's shell or plague doctor...maybe going with 1 tank set and another offensive set, switch out the Affliction and try on some soulshine or heavy julianos...

I love it now that these sets are relatively easy and cheap to experiment with...I used to spend a fortune crafting or buying new sets to try them out - now it's just a matter of "grind baby grind" ...
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well. My PvP experienced has been ~80% small scale groups or even solo. I find zerging quite boring. You spam skills and don't even find out if they are working properly. But as tank I'm unable to kill anything but the noobest of the noob players, the ones with under CP300 and AR5, or something like that. Guys who have yet to unlock vigor and they die like flies anyway.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Options
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Asardes ...finally had a chance to go through this thread and read some of the posts a little more closely - some really good info that you shared - i appreciate it...

pretty early on in life I realized I wasn't going to normally be the smartest guy in the room, fortunately around that same time I also discovered I was very good at identifying the strengths of other people...for example - you sound pretty darn smart...

okay, now that I've buttered you up a bit :p could I ask you please for a recommendation on replacing the Rattlecage set...

I mostly pvp (read - Zerg surfer) at range with my magplar, and yeah - i do spam the heck out of my radiant oppression, I also use a lightening stave a bunch (have 2H on my back bar)...

currently I'm married to my affliction set - i don't really trust sets with a 8 or 10% chance to proc, I'm cool with 50% though (plus, I just love the name :) )...

I don't mind farming, cuz affliction doesn't come in rings a crafted set won't really work - any thoughts on a good replacement for the Rattlecage set which will help boost either my spell damage or spell penetration?

Ahh ok so you're the Healer with a lightning staff and 2H (Battleaxe I guess).

Kagernarcs, seducer, Magnus all solid Pvp magicka sets.
    Edited by Wrecking_Blow_Spam on November 1, 2016 3:59AM
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wrecking_Blow_Spam ...oh my goodness - it's like having one of those fortune teller people read them tarot cards and tell ya all about yourself...tell me what i really need to know - how many wins them knickerbockers gonna get this season?

oh wait, I already wrote all that stuff...still, any guesses on the knicks...

originally i called myself tank, but, after spending a little time in cyro - i quickly realized he was no tank...actually spent the 2,500 crown coins to change his name cuz i was.a little embarrassed...

label him as healer in a dungeon; but, normally in cyro I'm a little more focused on self preservation, some kags might be just the the thing to bring into dungeons with me...a set that will help me passively day job sounds like a really good idea...

call him magic man now - sooooooo, I'm trying to make him a little more magicky...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 1, 2016 6:10AM
    Options