The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Effective Spell Power of a Mage Sorcerer based on 3 item sets.

• Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh? I get a dps increase of around 5k with Kena. It's great in pledges. It allows us to do a normal pledge much faster when I can keep it proced at near 100%.

In pvp it allows me to burst down enemies much faster.

In 1vx situations you may want a more defensive choice, but I play in groups mostly which is the intent of cyrodil pvp.

That's burst dps you're talking about. Kena will not give you a 5K dps increase on any sustained fight.

http://puu.sh/r0bNd/702c3367de.jpg

Ilambris beats kena and nerieneth in every situation for a trials sorcerer.

It helps with your sustain even more since its elemental. With a magicka dk in your group, ilambris can push 4K single target
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

Head of The Council of Raiders

First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch

• hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh? I get a dps increase of around 5k with Kena. It's great in pledges. It allows us to do a normal pledge much faster when I can keep it proced at near 100%.

In 1vx situations you may want a more defensive choice, but I play in groups mostly which is the intent of cyrodil pvp.

No it doesnt...kena is at most 8% dps increase. For comparison nerieneth is 5-6%. So kena may give you a little on top but the sustain issues would kill its efficacy.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So ... Llambris for sorcerer , at One tamriel , right :P ?

I will try 2 llambris , 5 law of julianos ( or TBS ), 3 Infaible aether jewerly + 1 lighning staff of infaible aether in main bar , and a maesltrom desto staff in second bar . i think i'm not the first sorcerer to have this idea ... but it's to test . in the current setup , we lost 3 bonus of willpower for the llambris and 129 spell damage of the 4th moondancer .
    Edited by Apherius on October 4, 2016 4:51PM
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »

I will try 2 llambris , 5 law of julianos ( or TBS ), 3 Infaible aether jewerly + 1 lighning staff of infaible aether in main bar , and a maesltrom desto staff in second bar . i think i'm not the first sorcerer to have this idea ... but it's to test . in the current setup , we lost 3 bonus of willpower for the llambris and 129 spell damage of the 4th moondancer .

Yeah its the set-up I listed in here : TBS + Ilambris + Aether. Crit > Magicka if you're struggling to chose between Moondance and Aether. TBS is the best (the whole point of this thread) and yes you run vMA staff on back bar. :)
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah its the set-up I listed in here : TBS + Ilambris + Aether. Crit > Magicka if you're struggling to chose between Moondance and Aether. TBS is the best (the whole point of this thread) and yes you run vMA staff on back bar. :)

Thank a lot man for your precision ;)
    Edited by Apherius on October 4, 2016 4:59PM
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

In raids you are assuming a huge buff to majicka. Can't count on that.

I do notice it not pricing reliably in high lag situations with lots of enemies, but it just requires an extra weave then.

Hehehe no you don't. Sustained DPS is what we are talking about here. 5k DPS increase could happen in burst, not in a 5 minute long fight but the others already explained it. And no, you can't keep a Kena proc up 100% of the time. Ilambris is BiS for Sorcs.

We are talking only about raids in this thread if you haven't noticed. Outside raids you're sitting at 33% increase. In raids its a constant 43% because Warhorns every 30 seconds. So you can count on those raid buffs and its exactly what I'm doing here.

Talking about PvE here. Not PvP. Don't bring it here please. But you already did so I'll say this : use Kena if you want in PvP, I consider it pretty stupid unless you're an Overload spammer (which is not a bad thing at all, its a way to play and its perfectly viable).

Yeah that extra weave is decreasing your DPS though. Because the less uptime you have on Kena the more useless it is.
    Edited by Izaki on October 4, 2016 5:09PM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @IzakiBrotheSs
    With llambris, we should stay on the rotation with Force pulse/ frag/ vicious curse / dots ? or it's better to change vicious curse by a Force pulse ( for increase chance to proc the second bonus of llambris . )
    Edited by Apherius on October 4, 2016 6:43PM
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @IzakiBrotheSs
    With llambris, we should stay on the rotation with Force pulse/ frag/ vicious curse / dots ? or it's better to change vicious curse by a Force pulse ( for increase chance to proc the second bonus of llambris . )

Well I will stay with Curse. I will probably be using @Alcast new build. (always hated Inner Light) Thing is illambris will only proc so much so no point in overdoing it :) Keep Curse its good AoE and its got more dmg per cast that Force Pulse. And the rotation is neater!
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @IzakiBrotheSs

Well I will stay with Curse. I will probably be using @Alcast new build. (always hated Inner Light) Thing is illambris will only proc so much so no point in overdoing it :) Keep Curse its good AoE and its got more dmg per cast that Force Pulse. And the rotation is neater!

Thank ! what is the New alcast build ? something like destrctuve clench instead Innerg light , and dark conversion instead the second inner light ?
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @IzakiBrotheSs

Thank ! what is the New alcast build ? something like destrctuve clench instead Innerg light , and dark conversion instead the second inner light ?

No no its Mages Wrath on front bar and a shield + flex spot on the back bar! Check it out its quite interesting!
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No it doesnt...kena is at most 8% dps increase. For comparison nerieneth is 5-6%. So kena may give you a little on top but the sustain issues would kill its efficacy.

Uh no, it gives you 33% more damage. That's a lot more than 8%. And trials are are totally different matter, where you got tons of trash hp sponges. If you actually read my post, you would see I was NOT talking about trials.
    We are talking only about raids in this thread if you haven't noticed. Outside raids you're sitting at 33% increase. In raids its a constant 43% because Warhorns every 30 seconds. So you can count on those raid buffs and its exactly what I'm doing here.

Talking about PvE here. Not PvP. Don't bring it here please. But you already did so I'll say this : use Kena if you want in PvP, I consider it pretty stupid unless you're an Overload spammer (which is not a bad thing at all, its a way to play and its perfectly viable).

Yeah that extra weave is decreasing your DPS though. Because the less uptime you have on Kena the more useless it is.

I'd hardly call the large increase in spell damage useless.

And the topic starter asked about PVE. We only don't only care about trials.

You seem to making a lot of assumptions about your trials raid party members and builds. If you are going to do that you should list them all in one spot, otherwise this doesn't make much sense.
    Edited by Thrasher91604 on October 4, 2016 8:25PM
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Uh no, it gives you 33% more damage. That's a lot more than 8%. And trials are are totally different matter, where you got tons of trash hp sponges. If you actually read my post, you would see I was NOT talking about trials.

Lolno.

Kena increases the cost of your skills by 33% and gives you 516 spell damage. Kena giving an 8% dps increase is even pushing it
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

Head of The Council of Raiders

First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch

• Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But this thread IS about trials. And you're very wrong about Kena. Its nowhere near a 33% increase in damage. Read the tooltip again. Says after performing 2 light attacks you proc Overkill which gives you an extra 516 spell and weapon damage and increases the cost of abilities by 33%. At this point I'm thinking you're either trolling or you just refuse to listen to 3 people who tell you about the flaws and the maths of Kena. 516+129 does NOT equal to a DPS increase of 33%. Far from it. The DPS increase at the max possible potential which is around 70% uptime (maybe 75% in Overload) is an increase by just over 9%.
    Inform yourself before posting such assumptions. Its spreading misinformation as well as just being unrespectful of people who know what they are talking about and who posted in this thread. Please.
    Edited by Izaki on October 4, 2016 8:26PM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I stand corrected on the Molag Kena.

Never mind. I'm getting this confused with another thread. First post said nothing about a trial exclusive discussion though.
    Edited by Thrasher91604 on October 4, 2016 8:44PM
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well I stand corrected on the Molag Kena.

But the OP said nothing about trials in his original post. He said PvE. I'd like to respond to him/her rather than your desires.

@Thrasher91604
    I wrote it up... Vos and hedna corrected me.
    I did mention raid buffs though and I'm sorry if it wasn't clear about trials only. There is a section about general PvE which is the first column of the table I posted (which is still to be updated..). Either way, I was only comparing 3 five piece item sets, Twice-born Star, Law of Julianos and the new Mother's Sorrow.
    The monster sets are a different discussion altogether that I don't really want to venture into at the moment...
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well there is a lot of discussion of illambris here, and I remain curious about how it compares with other monster sets that do damage when proc'ed.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well there is a lot of discussion of illambris here, and I remain curious about how it compares with other monster sets that do damage when proc'ed.

Yeah this thread is largely off topic now.
    By the way, I listed every single buff I was getting in a trial group. Its all in the same spot. I'm sorry but I don't know how to make the OP any clearer than that. I edited it more than a few times to reflect the new results and corrections. The buffs were there from the start though...
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone tried Scathing Mage with Mother's Sorrow? Yes, you'd lose Minor Vulnerability and Ilambris, but just wondering how it would compete particularly in solo and small group content.
    Edited by dpencil on October 4, 2016 9:28PM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd hardly call the large increase in spell damage useless.

And the topic starter asked about PVE. We only don't only care about trials.

You seem to making a lot of assumptions about your trials raid party members and builds. If you are going to do that you should list them all in one spot, otherwise this doesn't make much sense.

You have no idea what youre talking about...kena has been tested by multiple people including myself thoroughly...please dont make assertions you cannot back up with actual facts.
    Edited by hedna123b14_ESO on October 4, 2016 9:36PM
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And you are a complete ass for not reading my post above.
    By the way, I listed every single buff I was getting in a trial group. Its all in the same spot. I'm sorry but I don't know how to make the OP any clearer than that. I edited it more than a few times to reflect the new results and corrections. The buffs were there from the start though...

The assumptions behind how they are achieved are needed to validate them. Which party members are running which sets and abilities.
    Edited by Thrasher91604 on October 4, 2016 10:28PM
  • iam117
    iam117
    ✭✭✭

Again making assertions you can't back up with facts.
    <Liv3mind>
    <PC/NA - Legion Of The Bloodworks>
    Snowflake Patrol
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iam117 wrote: »

Again making assertions you can't back up with facts.

Omg I laughed so hard...

The assumptions behind how they are achieved are needed to validate them. Which party members are running which sets and abilities.

When making assertions please be precise. If I am an ass do you mean a big ass or a small ass? For that matter are we talking about an ass as a human body part or a farm animal? If a human ass is it hairy? For me to properly process this information I must have more details!
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, there's plenty of evidence right her in this thread.
    Of course, it's obvious people don't understand the proper use of the word "facts" either.

For more precision, an ever growing ASS, as in buffoon, or bright red glowing baboon ass.

Edited by Thrasher91604 on October 4, 2016 10:40PM
  • iam117
    iam117
    ✭✭✭
    Of course, it's obvious people don't understand the proper use of the word "facts" either.

For more precision, an ever growing ASS, as in buffoon, or bright red glowing baboon ass.
    Proper use:

buffoon
    [buh-foon]
    noun
    a person who amuses others by tricks, jokes, odd gestures and postures, etc.
    a person given to coarse or undignified joking.

ass
    [as]
    noun
    a long-eared, slow, patient, sure-footed domesticated mammal, Equus asinus, related to the horse, used chiefly as a beast of burden.
    any wild species of the genus Equus, as the onager.
    a stupid, foolish, or stubborn person

Edited by iam117 on October 4, 2016 10:44PM
    <Liv3mind>
    <PC/NA - Legion Of The Bloodworks>
    Snowflake Patrol
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry still not clear, why is the ass glowing red? Is a rash involved? What type of baboon? Im legitimately concerned! A red ass is no joke afterall!
    Edited by hedna123b14_ESO on October 4, 2016 10:45PM
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh wow that escalated quickly :open_mouth:

Wut..? Do you even..? Understand what you're talking about? Did you even read the OP? I'm afraid you're the minority here. Everyone else could understand what buffs I had just fine.

But now that we're talking about who's an ass and more specifically WHICH type of ass with which, err, malfunctionning characteristics and what kind of evidence you can provide to back those statements up. I gotta hand it to @hedna123b14_ESO he deserves to know...

Sorry still not clear, why is the ass glowing red? Is a rash involved? What type of baboon? Im legitimately concerned! A red ass is no joke afterall!

You slaughtered me man :lol: Been a while since I haven't laughed at a post this hard.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wut..? Do you even..? Understand what you're talking about? Did you even read the OP? I'm afraid you're the minority here. Everyone else could understand what buffs I had just fine.

Apparently you have a hard time reading. I'll leave it at that. Listing random buffs without saying where they come from isn't very useful.

Edited by Thrasher91604 on October 5, 2016 12:33AM
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Apparently you have a hard time reading. I'll leave it at that. Listing random buffs without saying where they come from isn't very useful.

Most of these buffs have 1 possible source each. You'd know that if you were familiar with the classes and the usual raid buffs. BTW I did list Spell power cure, Warhorn, the self buffs obviously come from passives. I don't see how knowing the source of a buff makes it more legitimate. For example the only source of Minor Prophecy is sorcerer passive Exploitation. The only source of minor Sorcerery is that templar passive in Dawn's Wrath skill line. The only source of Major Force is Warhorn. So yeah... I'll list all the sources of the buffs if you insist that it does make them more legit.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nevrmind
    Edited by Thrasher91604 on October 5, 2016 8:00AM
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @IzakiBrotheSs

No no its Mages Wrath on front bar and a shield + flex spot on the back bar! Check it out its quite interesting!

thank a lot man ^^ i will check this .