The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Upcoming magicka DK Changes. AUA Reddit.

Armitas
Armitas
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
They finished their AUA for one Tamriel and Wrobel had a lot to say about the Dragon Knight. I will C/P them here for anyone who wants to know what we have in store for us.
We always take feedback seriously. One Tamriel was so huge we had to focus on the balance and new item sets. With the next major update we will be focusing on class balance and abilities. We have a pretty cool new version of Dragon Blood planned that will help magicka DKs while maintaining it's power level for high health characters.
Yup, we definitely have planned a good list of buffs for magicka DK and also balance in general for magicka vs stamina DPS.
We want to make DK's have a unique playstyle that does not include an execute ability. Instead we want them to focus on pressuing enemy's health bars with DoT effects. We've got some sweet changes for magicka DKs planned for update 13!
We're already got a pretty significant list of buffs for magicka DKs coming with update 13 and we have been reading your feedback.

I'm excited. We have waited over a year already so hopefully it will not take too long before we get to see these changes.
Edited by Armitas on September 24, 2016 12:05AM
Retired.
Nord mDK
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am happy when I read about the planned buffs but at the same time I just dont want to wait till February/ March for these changes. I am even more curious how @Wrobel will make health desirable as an attribute.
    Because I can!
  • Nirnrotten
    Nirnrotten
    ✭✭✭
    Hahaha nice. I literally just finished posting in another thread about how DK has been the hardest class for me to play. I never screamed buff, I just stopped playing DK, but it's great to hear that they will be reworked and the discrepency between Mag/Stam looked at.
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see some buffs for them.
    Specially Dragonblood seems to be a good heal then for mag dks
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lets hope they nail it because we wont get another balance update for another year lol....
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    They finished their AUA for one Tamriel and Wrobel had a lot to say about the Dragon Knight. I will C/P them here for anyone who wants to know what we have in store for us.
    We always take feedback seriously. One Tamriel was so huge we had to focus on the balance and new item sets. With the next major update we will be focusing on class balance and abilities. We have a pretty cool new version of Dragon Blood planned that will help magicka DKs while maintaining it's power level for high health characters.
    Yup, we definitely have planned a good list of buffs for magicka DK and also balance in general for magicka vs stamina DPS.
    We want to make DK's have a unique playstyle that does not include an execute ability. Instead we want them to focus on pressuing enemy's health bars with DoT effects. We've got some sweet changes for magicka DKs planned for update 13!
    We're already got a pretty significant list of buffs for magicka DKs coming with update 13 and we have been reading your feedback.

I'm excited. We have waited over a year already so hopefully it will not take too long before we get to see these changes.

The fact he responded means he can go even longer now. They said they would fix other things "in a future update" before.still waiting on those.
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll believe it when I see it. I mean I'll believe that mDKs are fixed/competitive when I see the patch notes the changes and the changes to other classes along side it.

How can you all be hyped about the potential of mDKs being competitive again like months and months from now? You're taking a Wrobel's word that there will be balance between stamina and magicka? If it was so easy, why don't we have it now? Or that the changes to mDK are going to be sweet, with an exclamation point?

I'm not waiting and hoping, because if it sucks, like when they 'balanced' in DB and nerfed sorc to the ground, I'm going to really regret having waiting 6 months to be able to play a class b/c of some words someone said.

They can't even get parity in the sets they're adding to Update 12. They're clearly stamina-biased. They won't even get the ultis right, keeping the destro ulti sub par to meteor and letting the 2h and s&b be overtuned.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    How can you all be hyped about the potential of mDKs being competitive again like months and months from now?
    Because it's better than what they're getting now. It's at least hope.
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But @Alucardo why did they give up asking for balance now? Why hasn't the community pushed harder for small changes to make the classes balanced now.

I understand that Update 12 was a big update... a game changing update... [that we didn't even ask for], but if they have these 'plans', why not implement them? Why not share them so we know if what's in store is worth sticking around for?

When DB destroyed magicka classes, I stuck around b/c of 'hope'. I believed that SotH would have the balances changes we all know the classed needed. Everyone in the community was biting their nails waiting for the SotH patch notes to see what class changes would be in store. The devs didn't ever step in to let us know that class changes wouldn't be in the SotH patch. They let us speculate (threads and threads worth). Then nothing... and the same thing happened again in Update 12. Surely, if they didn't do balancing in SotH, they'd have something for it in the next update. The hype builded up and we were disappointed again.

The worst part about Update 12 was that they had opportunities to strike balance in the ultis and armors, but they didn't. They didn't even try.

So excuse me if I'm not 'hoping' that the balance changes for magicka are going to be as good as Wrobel claims they will be in January or February of 2017 (next year). I'll believe it when I see it. Fool me once...
    Edited by Pandorii on September 24, 2016 7:35AM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Pandorii while I don't think we'll see anything soon, I still have hope. Look how much I used to push for stamina sorc buffs. I was pretty much on here every day promoting it. I was so passionate quite a few of my threads got locked, comments deleted by mods.. it got pretty rough. But now look at stam sorcs, they are the top stamina class to play.
    I made a post a long time ago to add capturable districts where you could earn more tel var if you owned the district. Guess what we have now? I do believe ZOS listen, but it just takes them a loooong time to implement stuff.
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet they *** it up again
  • HonourXL
    HonourXL
    ✭✭
    thats good news.
    XBOX- EU
    Honour XL aka Kaiser Mehmed
    DC - STAM NB
    DC - STAM SORC
    AD- MAG TEMPLAR
    DC - MAG DK
    DC - STAMPLAR
    DC- MAG NB
    EP- STAM DK
    MY CHANNEL:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCnvn5pMPMXYfjcTPHOHi5mA
  • CMurder435
    CMurder435
    ✭✭
    Well I hope he is foreal about improving Magicka dk after this long. However, last hyped dlc for mdk buff legit gave us what..one buff? Embers..? Also broke out wings the same patch lol.. If he is foreal about it then I'm excited :) hope to hear more info in regards to this topic. Mdk is my fav class by a landslide and I really hope it's legit "balance" not making the class a God again but I will say..

After being radiant/snipe/incap/dawnbreaker rekt'd the past however long.. If they break mdk to OP status.. I will return the favor to my fullest extent. :(
  • CMurder435
    CMurder435
    ✭✭
    CMurder435 wrote: »
    Well I hope he is foreal about improving Magicka dk after this long. However, last hyped dlc for mdk buff legit gave us what..one buff? Embers..? Also broke out wings the same patch lol.. If he is foreal about it then I'm excited :) hope to hear more info in regards to this topic. Mdk is my fav class by a landslide and I really hope it's legit "balance" not making the class a God again but I will say..

After being radiant/snipe/incap/dawnbreaker rekt'd the past however long.. If they break mdk to OP status.. I will return the favor to my fullest extent. :(
    Edited by CMurder435 on September 24, 2016 10:08AM
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    @Pandorii while I don't think we'll see anything soon, I still have hope. Look how much I used to push for stamina sorc buffs. I was pretty much on here every day promoting it. I was so passionate quite a few of my threads got locked, comments deleted by mods.. it got pretty rough. But now look at stam sorcs, they are the top stamina class to play.
    I made a post a long time ago to add capturable districts where you could earn more tel var if you owned the district. Guess what we have now? I do believe ZOS listen, but it just takes them a loooong time to implement stuff.

It seems that reason alone is never enough in this game. It seems to always take a blood sacrifice to motivate these guys to change or readjust their release schedule. I have been approaching that line as well, and I lost a good friend because of it but his sacrifice brought immediate change. I wish it were not so but it shows itself to be so for anything above simple.

I hope they will not secret lab this stuff all the way to PTS where we can't do anything about it. There will be no second go at it. If it fails this time it will be another year to try again and people will not wait that long. If DK is their favorite class it may drive them from the game.
    Edited by Armitas on September 24, 2016 10:54AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Wrobel Many of us did a vote on what was needed most for the mDK to be competitive, sustain, damage, healing, or tanking and the vote was close but last I looked healing was at the top. Would it be possible to get this Dragonblood update sooner than update 13? That should carry us through this long wait. We have already waited a year, please don't make us wait much longer.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just dont understand why we have to wait so long for any bit of change and then all of a sudden have all the changes come at us at once. Why can't Zos just slowly tweak skills here and there every small patch, that way a more balanced playing field could be achieved instead of months of certain classes/ builds over performing.
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good news but honestly, taking 1.5 years to help a crippled class.. that's just unacceptable. And we don't even know if changes are actually gonna help. So yeah
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • eserras7b16_ESO
    eserras7b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »
    Good news but honestly, taking 1.5 years to help a crippled class.. that's just unacceptable. And we don't even know if changes are actually gonna help. So yeah

You say crippled class.

PvE

Best melee DPS in game -> Dragonknight Stamina
    Best Tank in game -> Dragonknight Stamina/Magicka
    In PvE Magicka Dragonknights are not the best DPS (Still high 35k+) but they're needed (Chains, Talons, passives)

PvP

Beast on PvP (1vX) -> Dragonknight Stamina (Magicka not so good)
    Beast on PvP (dueling) -> Dragonknight Magicka/Stamina
    Beast on PvP (Groups) -> Dragonknight Magicka/Stamina

You may say you're not the best healers, because Templars are the ones wich support with resources the best. I'll give you that. But crippled class... crippled my ***.

You know what's going to happen? If they buff the Dragonknights too much, the whole ESO community will again be at war with it. Except for the Dragonknight community. And that would be unbalanced again, and a disaster again. Some of the things need a fix on your class: The charge for Magicka Dragonknights for example, or some useless morph. But so do Templars, Sorcerers and Nightblades.

Don't unbalance the game you love. Don't pressure too much and take care of the your words. Dragonknights are strong at the minute and nobody can deny that.

Eptackt - Argonian Templar
    Belegrand - Redguard Nightblade
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You say crippled class.

PvE

In PvE Magicka Dragonknights are not the best DPS (Still high 35k+) but they're needed (Chains, Talons, passives)

PvP

You may say you're not the best healers, because Templars are the ones wich support with resources the best. I'll give you that. But crippled class... crippled my ***.

You know what's going to happen? If they buff the Dragonknights too much, the whole ESO community will again be at war with it. Except for the Dragonknight community. And that would be unbalanced again, and a disaster again. Some of the things need a fix on your class: The charge for Magicka Dragonknights for example, or some useless morph. But so do Templars, Sorcerers and Nightblades.

Don't unbalance the game you love. Don't pressure too much and take care of the your words. Dragonknights are strong at the minute and nobody can deny that.

i totally agree with you .
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For point of reference we are talking about mDK in PvP, it wasn't stated but it's just understood from the history of this whole ordeal. The buffs described as far as we can discern are for the mDK. Dueling is synthetic, and mDK in groups isn't really a beast. Sorcs and Templars can be stacked in a group adding negates and BOL, but how many DK's do you need running talons and fassala tanking? We don't even have a working magicka gap closer to stay with our group so we have to use a stam closer. We are not really beasts in groups we just have enough crutches surrounding us to go further into dps.

Stamina DK is doing really good all over but it's DK-lite. Stamina is like a 5th class with 4 sub classes.
    Edited by Armitas on September 24, 2016 12:57PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You say crippled class.

PvE

PvP

Someone's never played mDK solo open world PvP. There's literally nothing that a mDK can do solo open world that isn't done better on another class. No self heals, no burst, no execute, no escape, no mobility.
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You say crippled class.

PvE

PvP

Yes I say crippled class. And I obviously talked about magicka DK in PvP, because stam DK is strong in both PvE and PvP and magicka is obviously good in PvE. There is no need to mention that. Should be clear to anyone with more than a few braincells.

I am talking from an open world (Hello Cyrodiil?) perspective. Magicka DK simply sucks in open world because it's more or less the only class that has to make so many sacrifices to balance out defense, sustain and damage. Is that a bad thing? No actually it's how it should be imo. But it doesn't work when the other classes don't have a need for such a balancing.
    MagDK has bad healing, no burst due to having to build more around defense, no mobility whatsoever and just incredibly hard resource management due to very high costing skills with battle roar.

It's good in 1v1, no doubt about it. Is it good in group pvp? No it's not. But that's not particularly magDKs fault, it's just that stam sorcs, magicka NBs and magicka templars outperform anything else in (competitive) group PvP anyway.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, I sincerely hope they do not overbuff the class. Those of us that have stuck with it through the low times take pride in that. I don't want a flood of fotm players playing mDK because it's the popular thing to do. Small tweaks to relieve some of the pain points. My wish list:

1. Reflective scale - increase to 6 projectiles and grants minor expedition.
    2. Dragon blood - change to a base heal plus HoT that scales with health lost
    3. Increase radius to cinder storm/eruption to the size of Templar purity/ritual. While enemies are standing in the radius, enemies are inflicted with minor defile. OR damage over time effects cannot be cleansed.

With #3, I'm trying to make mDK the counter to templars. This one is hard because it buffs sDKs too, but if Templars get a super large radius heal+dot+cleanse, I don't see why mDKs can't get a super large radius dot+snare+defile.
  • IxskullzxI
    IxskullzxI
    ✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »

This makes me very happy to read. I'm really hoping the changes to dragons blood really help our survivability because the third quote sounds like maybe they are changing something with dots to make them more effective. That won't really matter if they don't help out our survivability. My bar is already so crowded and don't have a whole lot of room for all the dots I would like. If they want us to use dots to pressure and enemies health bar, we need some help in other areas to allow us to drop skills in place of dots. Just my 2 cents.
    #HowDoYouLikeYourDK?
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait.. My mDK can soon be released from the crafting table? But... but she's been there so long. How can she possibly adapt after being locked up? The world has changed so much...

Pandorii wrote: »
    When DB destroyed magicka classes, I stuck around b/c of 'hope'.

tumblr_nee73edOmq1repoz9o1_500.png

Edited by Auricle on September 24, 2016 4:04PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember: ZoS promised our mDK buffs were coming with the Orsinium update.

We got ... a burning ember heal that makes vMA a piece of cake and ... I don't remember.

• CMurder435
    CMurder435
    ✭✭
    Remember: ZoS promised our mDK buffs were coming with the Orsinium update.

We got ... a burning ember heal that makes vMA a piece of cake and ... I don't remember.

And we got scales that reflect projectiles at the cost of our resources.. This included ultimate.. Was so awesome the first time i reflected an overload..
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope Dragonblood won't be like Blazing Shield: Working for hp stacking builds, useless for everyone else.
    P.S.: Would be nice if dk community stoped pretending that dk didn't got buffs in the past.
    Edited by Cinbri on September 25, 2016 8:52AM
  • sly007
    sly007
    ✭✭✭✭

You say crippled class.

PvE

PvP

I couldn't agree more and I main dk in pvp.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    sly007 wrote: »

You say crippled class.

PvE

PvP

I couldn't agree more and I main dk in pvp.

I pretty sure all classes will be buffed. The thing is the questions on AUA were only about DKs.