The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Official Discussion Thread for Crown Crates

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Llogwey wrote: »
    @MissBizz , oki!! found it... well if you add this to the fact you only have One chance out of four to get one such item, and that the three other consumables are "worthless" for collectors, and that you can't even bundle them up to exchange them for crown gems.... that's outrageously expensive to get the fluff item, almost ten or twenty times more expensive than "premium" mounts or disguises or motifs you can select to buy on crown store....

I understand the need to make money through the crown store but that's not making money here that's almost racket :)

If i want to get one of those atronach mounts, I'd need to spend , what ? fifty crates? 12 crates is almost 5000 crown coins, which is the price of a DLC, mounts are usually 2500 coins... now that makes atronach mounts worth 20 000+ crowns... almost ten times the price of a premium promotional mount oO

@Llogwey Actually I witnessed myself it IS possible to get more than one collectible from a crate, you can see it in my crate opening video. As well, I have witnessed other videos where it is possible to get a 5th bonus card, although have not experienced this myself. I've heard people say you can get all 4 cards consumable, but have not seen any videos to actually verify that.

Either way it's still ridiculously expensive.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    I did a thing here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/53tr8e/discussion_thoughts_on_current_crate_system_with/

I actually love the following idea from the longer post above:

Crown Crate Reward Token Purchase

As an alternative to not making items just RNG Crown Crate Exclusive, you could implement a Crown Crate Reward Token purchase. Purchasing a tier token would allow you to select any item within that tier. This keeps the gem refund/purchase structure in place, keeps items exclusive to a particular crate run as designed, and allows users to outright purchase items as they see fit. As this is a compromise the token purchase can be quite exorbitant such as:
    • Apex Reward Token - 5000
    • Legendary Reward Token - 3500
    • Epic Reward Token - 2500
    • Superior Reward Token- 1500

Nice compromise. More than I was willing to concede in my state of anger after having seen the videos and read the first reviews.

You speak with the voice of wisdom.
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭
    Gambling is fun! I probably wouldn't buy these crates with such low RNG though. The crown price of them should reflect the % chance of them containing specialty or rare items. Otherwise, those better be some damn good potions at least, maybe even exp bonus pots. lol

Games need to make $ to keep releasing content. So if ZoS can figure out how to make this crown box thing work, I support it.
  • project-2501-84neb18_ESO
    Mx13 wrote: »
    A recent MMO Black Desert Online has been labelled as Pay To Win, and now EVERY time they post a youtube video, post on Facebook, or post updates (patch notes, etc) on their forums there are people complaining about the game being p2w, suggesting other players avoid playing the game and generally having negative things to say about the pay to win aspect of the game.

But BDO wasnt labeled "P2W" beacuse cosmetic loot crates...
    It is kinda P2W beacuse you can sell the stuff you bought with money for in game currency.

How thse crown crates are related to P2W...im missing something?

BDO was p2w before being able to sell cash bought items. The camouflage suit, Elion's Tears, bonus stats attached to the costumes, pets loot for you, and are only bought from the cash shop - Saw to that.

Like it or not this is abusing the players, even if it isn't technically p2w, it'll still get labelled as that, and rightly so.. Because taking away people's decision to spend real money on items, and making them spend an indefinite amount on something they can potentially obtain.. meaning the more you pay - the better chances you have of obtaining the rarest items, is paying to win to me, and many others, even if it isn't technically Pay To Win
  • pbgamer7
    pbgamer7
    Soul Shriven
    Did you like/use the consumables you received from the Crown Crates?

Not at all, I'll use the XP scrolls when leveling characters. However I do not like the fact that you can get a 150% extra XP as the largest player crafted one is 50%

Do you have any general feedback?
    The crown Crates are expensive inventory filler and percentages for rare items is ridiculously low. And this is what REALLY annoys me. I've had 5000+ crowns sitting there for SO long and haven't seen anything on the crown I want. Besides DLC little is released for the crown store the store has very few items at any given time. There are too many limited edition items and now it seems there is going to be exclusive crown crate items. This is UNACCEPTABLE, I like the mounts in the crates and would spend my crowns on one or two but I will not spend any crowns on Crates. When you release a rare mount one the crown store they typically go for 2500 crowns! This means that for the same price you should have to buy 6.25 crown Crates to get a mount. If the drop rate was 1/8 or even a 1/10 this would be a lot better and more people would consider buying the crates. As for the useless junk (consumables) I think they should be removed or you should be given the change to turn them into crown gems and when you get a repeat item it should be close to the full amont so that if you get a rare mount twice you should get 400 gems. (I am not sure of the system at the moment but from what I've seen it is not so good). I rather be told I won nothing than be told I've won junk, it is less of an insult. Maybe the chance to win crown gems?
    Edited by pbgamer7 on September 21, 2016 9:14PM
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking at the videos, I am amazed at just how polished this mini-game appears in comparison to just about everything else.

I'd bet the contents of a few crown crates or about $1 that they outsourced this. If not, I'd love to know why our crafting, banking, dyeing, grouping, store, and guild interfaces are so incredibly Duplo in comparison.
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pbgamer7 wrote: »
    As for the useless junk I think it should be removed or you should be given the change to turn them into crown gems and when you get a repeat item it should be close to the full amoint so that if you get a rare mount twice you should get 400 gems. (I am not sure of the system at the moment but from what I've seen it is not so good). I rather be told I won nothing than be told I've won junk, it is less of an insult. Maybe the chance to win crown gems?

These are the two biggest issues.

The lousy duplicate to gem ratio is a kick in the jimmies and a slap in the face too. That extra gem to get to 16 escalates it even further. Duplicates should drop gems at full value. Yes, if I get a second electro-pebble camel, I should get 400 gems to use on a wolf or a senche. End of story, the current model is too little reward for too much money. It's skeevy, greedy, money grubbing, and exploitative.

The consumables are junk. Such junk that they are actually insulting. Seriously, it's like they handed me somebody's half eaten sandwich and called it a banquet. There's a saying "Don't pee on my shoes and tell me it's raining" That's what these consumables amount to. You just won an all expense paid trip! Where am I going? You'll be whisked away... drum-roll... to a sardine cannery! yay!

I'm just 1 of millions, but I will not spend money on these in their current form. At a minimum, Duplicate to Gem ratio needs to be 1:1 value and consumables need to be redeemable for gems. Do that and I might open my wallet, and I've opened my wallet a lot in the past for this game. Way to change consumer behavior!

Edited by phreatophile on September 21, 2016 9:39PM
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    10400 crowns later, I'm 40 gems away from the Red Pit Wolf.

$80 in crowns so far for a recolored mount that you would have been able to buy for the equivalent of $25 under the old crown store release system, and you still don't have it. That's over three times as much money and you're not done yet. Awesome! Maybe tomorrow will be your lucky day! Only Pacrooti knows.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. I wonder if it would be a good idea to have some of the 'cards' be satchels of crown gems. Like you have a chance at a card that grants you 10, 20, or 50 crown gems. That'd be more useful than a bunch of crown consumables no one is going to use...

That said, this is looking pretty pathetic. The greed here is astonishing. If you have to have something like this in the game, fine, but don't make it such an obvious rip off.
  • craigr02
    craigr02
    ✭✭✭
    Way to expensive, and I don't like the gems, have to save gems to get the gear, I thought originally you would have a good shot of winning mount, not saving up for it. As of right now I will not purchase the crates. I had 500 crowns, bought one box, received garbage in my opinion. Received invisible potion, another drink, and the style crown style traits, didn't even get gems.
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just realized thanks to @MissBizz 's video that Crown Crates would also be time-limited and get pulled out of the Store when the new Crates appear.

So basically, they pretend to introduce the Crates to address the concerns of players who missed past time-limited collectible, but their answer is basically to create a whole lot more artificial rarity and time-limited items, which is the best guarantee that even more people will complain about missing a previous exclusive, thus worsening the problem they were initially pretending to address. Congrats, ZOS! Even your sugar-coating is melting under the rain!

Furthermore, I thought I had read an interview of someone saying that nothing would get pulled out of the gem store - I can't remember where though. Does someone remember this better?

So how will it be done? Will the Crate exclusives be removed from the gem store when the new themed crates arrive, thus getting forever out of reach? Or will they just be taken out of the crate system but remain purchasable with gems in an ever-expanding Gem Store?
    Could we have some clarification here? Because I think ZOS' communication has been misleading confusing over this topic...
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey people, remember all the complaining about how many runs people were making to fight Molag Bal for a skin and a pet?

I went on the pts and bought the crown crates, however many crates you get for the 5500 crowns we get.

I got the skin.

Me, the person who hasn't done a trial has the skin people made dozens of runs to get.

If I was one of the people who worked for that skin, whether I got it or not, I would be so pissed.
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    Hey people, remember all the complaining about how many runs people were making to fight Molag Bal for a skin and a pet?

I went on the pts and bought the crown crates, however many crates you get for the 5500 crowns we get.

I got the skin.

Me, the person who hasn't done a trial has the skin people made dozens of runs to get.

If I was one of the people who worked for that skin, whether I got it or not, I would be so pissed.

Mind shriven skin (the crown store one) is not the same as the soul shriven skin (the one from molag_bal).

It does explain why they didn't sell the skin and mount separately with the IC bundle for those who already had the dlc but wanted the skin or mount.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »

I got the skin.

Mind shriven skin (the crown store one) is not the same as the soul shriven skin (the one from molag_bal).

It does explain why they didn't sell the skin and mount separately with the IC bundle for those who already had the dlc but wanted the skin or mount.

On the pts I have the mind-shriven skin.

What I won in the crown crate was the soul-shriven one. The caption in my collections tab says
    A very rare reward from defeating the daedric hordes and their master in the darkest depths

Unless you automatically get the soul shriven one on the pts. Since I've never done the event on my live account, and just made a new character on the pts, I don't think I already had it.
    Edited by JKorr on September 22, 2016 12:26AM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »

I got the skin.

On the pts I have the mind-shriven skin.

What I won in the crown crate was the soul-shriven one. The caption in my collections tab says
    A very rare reward from defeating the daedric hordes and their master in the darkest depths

Unless you automatically get the soul shriven one on the pts. Since I've never done the event on my live account, and just made a new character on the pts, I don't think I already had it.

@JKorr Did you use a template character and open all the boxes you get on a template character? On a template character I remembered seeing something along the line's of a "costume crate" if you opened that you may have received that skin from that crate. I deleted that crate so I'm not sure if that's in it or not.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Did you like/use the consumeables you got from the crown crates?"

No. I dont use these things. I'm drowning in the only potions I ever use, am a provisioner, and have multiple crafters and repair kits. I will never use these things.

"Do you have any general feedback?"

Yes.

Unless these things start giving gold tempers by the bakers dozen with insane regularity I will never buy these on live. Even when it comes to costumes. I will buy a costume I like for a price I find acceptable. The second any of these become exclusive to crown crates, the likely hood of sales will be -zero-.

This only serves to anger me after participating in the 100 page thread decrying these things.

I've started to reeeeally hate Pactrooti.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on September 22, 2016 1:18AM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm unhappy with the contents and this whole thing.

I now would have spent almost $100 CAD and would have received nothing I actually wanted. I would have enough gems to buy ONE pet I wanted. One Pet. $100.

As these are, I will NOT be buying them, and if everything I want goes into these crates, I guess I'll stop buying from the crown store all together. Many of these items are not worth the 400 crowns to me, so it only leads to infuriate me when I receive them. It infuriates me even more when I receive an item that I can not use due to race restrictions. The duplicates are not worth enough to actually give me hope of being able to purchase what I want for a reasonable price.
  • Angelisaur
    Angelisaur
    ✭✭✭
    Also joining the crowd that is immensely dissatisfied with this. I have spent an embarrassingly large sum of money on this game as I tend to be a bit of an aesthetic junkie, but it's just about my only form of leisure spending, and I enjoy building up my characters to look the way I want them to. Spending 1-4k crowns on a cool outfit or mount is brutal enough, but I bite the bullet when it's something I really really want, because I know it will be worth it in the end. I know what I'm receiving.

These gambling boxes though, there is no such assurance. That isn't "fun". I want to give you guys money for things I actually want; I don't understand why you won't let me. Like, I'd happily buy that storm senche outright if it was listed, even it went for the same extreme price as the dro'm'athra senche. I've also been excitedly waiting for that red pit wolf for a long time now. But there is no way in hell I'm going to shell out 400 crowns over however many boxes it takes to try and get them. Others have already pointed out how the consumables don't even come close to compensating for the cost, nor do the gems or whatever you receive for duplicate items. Those really need to be a 1-1 ratio for their gem cost in the store, if these things are in fact implemented.

That being said . . . I can live with this somewhat if it turns out that the thematic atronoch mounts are the only things that are crate specific, and we'll continue to see the other, less fantastical mounts cycled through the crown store regularly as they have been in the past. Likewise for the aesthetic addons like costumes, adornments, etc. If they're all gonna be bound to the crates forever, though . . . well, I guess that'll be the end of my spending, and my subscription.
    Edited by Angelisaur on September 22, 2016 2:33AM
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sketchy AF to make the crates full price on PTS instead of 1 crown so you're limited in seeing what a larger and more accurate sample size yields.

Where did we see that type of publicity management? Oh, right. Back in beta.
    I guess you don't learn from past mistakes. You just try to Stonetear them.
    signing off
  • Phaedrathallassa
    Phaedrathallassa
    ✭✭✭
    I've now spent approximately $80 on chests if this were real-world money instead of pts money, and have not increased the number of things in my collections that I would actually use by a single item. Not all that pleased with the drops... especially not pleased that it seems there won't be a single mount upcoming in the next patch that *isn't* in the crown crates.

My actual results in the spoiler. May it be of use to those following this thread.

Noteable things: I got one of the "extra cards" pacrooti mentioned today, so that crate got both a blue and a purple in it. I also got both a blue and a purple in another crate as well, so apparently you're not limited to 3 consumables and 1 collectable per crate, it's possible to get 2 collectables in a single crate.
    Did my part and opened 13 crates.

Each crate will contain 1 of the costume/appearance/mount/pet etc. (you know, the stuff you actually want) and three consumables.

I got

2x Evening Dress
    1x Battlemage Palatine Armor
    1x Soul-Shriven Armor Outfit
    1x Soul-Shriven Ragged Clothing
    1x "clever Man" Wizard Hat
    1x Wrestler's Burr Cut
    1x Jawbone Blades
    2x Storm Atronach Aura
    1x Daedric Scamp
    1x Shornhelm Shepherd

All told 15 gems (from the duplicates). When the cheapest reward is 16 crowns (ooooh yes they did that on purpose).

The only thing there I'm even remotely interested in is the pupper. So I just spent what would have been $40 (if it weren't the PTS) on.... nothing.

gg zos.

For those who might be interested in the consumables:

1x Crown Lesson: Riding Speed
    50x Crown Lethal Poison
    3x Crown Repair Kit
    25x Crown Warrior's Elixir
    20x Crown Invisibility Potion
    25x Crown Tri-Restoration Potion
    1x Crown Crate Fortifying Meal
    1x Crown Crate Refreshing Drink
    1x Crown Lesson: Riding Stamina
    10x Crown Spellcaster's Elixir
    50x Crown Survivor's Elixir
    3x Crown Mimic Stone
    1x Crown Soul Gem (really? They don't even come in stacks of 5?)

day 2

crown crate fortifying meal
    fibonaccus spiral hat
    crown survivor's elixir 5
    crown leathal poison 25

crown soul gem
    soul shriven ragged clothing
    crown survivor's elixir 5
    crown lethal poison 25

crown spellcaster's elixir 5
    crown invis potion 5
    crown lethal poison 25
    Brilliance brocade robes

crown spellcasters elixir 10
    golden eye guar
    wrestler's burr cut
    crown surivivor's elixir
    (got a bonus)

tripot 5
    riding stam
    battlemage tribune

crown invis potion 10
    crown mimic
    battlemage tribune

tripot 5
    mimic stone
    warrior elixir 5
    tribune armor AGAIN wtf

crown lethal poison 25
    mimic stone
    azure brow-to-temple circlet

crown ivis pot
    crown surivivor's elixir 5
    soul shirven clothing

crown lethal poison 50
    shadow striping
    warrior elixir 5

tripot 5
    invis pot 5
    roostertail frills

invis pot 10
    enveloping scales
    wrestler's burr cut

mimic stone 2
    helstrome ancestor lizard
    tribune armor AGAIIIN

Opening these is honestly really boring. I was kind of excited to open the PTS and go crazy on crates and things with no consequences, because opening stuff is ALWAYS fun to me... but after 5 or so I'm just like "eh". Like, the animations are cool the first time, and pacrooti, the first time, and then it's just more of the same *** stuff. There's no sense of anticipation because I'm not even getting anything close to something I might want. And there's no sense of progress either because I only have 50 gems after all those duplicates. I'm not working my way towards anything. I can't imagine what it'd be like if I was getting duplicates of stuff I bought a long time ago on live and still not getting rewarded. The crates do not reward loyal customers at all.

By the way I agree 95% with that reddit post that's been linked. I don't think his approach to gems is necessarily the best one, but something must be done, the existing system isn't just unrewarding, it's insulting, especially to the players that are buying into this system the hardest.

I'm not at all against crates. I kinda like crates in other games. But I'm disappointed in these results.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stupidest thing about these is that you buy the crate but you don't actually get what's in the crate.

You're buying a round of gambling and supplying a 'chair' for your swindler.

"Perseverance is a virtue" is like the worst possible line you could have recorded for this. Seriously.
    Any benefit of the doubt I gave this team is gone.
    signing off
  • Some_Guy
    Some_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭
    It feels like you guys are desperately grasping for any kind of cash at this point, no longer focused on making a good game that will last for years, but finally realizing that the ship is sinking and you need to get as much out of it as you can before it does.
    I have no intention of spending money on this, and have recommended to all of my friends to do the same. If you want to buy them, fine. But I'll not spend a single penny on something like this.
    We Wipe On Trash
    Vivian Naiviv CP Altmer Sorcerer
    Shivnado the Potato CP Redguard Sorcerer
    Cüddle Mönster CP Argonian Sorcerer
    Ebonheart Pact Spy CP Dunmer Dragonknight
    Delilah Blackheart CP Redguard Dragonknight
    My Best Friend CP Argonian Dragonknight
    Sensual Heals CP Dunmer Templar
    Daggerfall Covenant Spy CP Redguard Templar
    Föcùs-Thê-Hælèr CP Argonian Templar
    Goes-the-Wrong-Way CP Dunmer Nightblade
    Anu'Thir Phuh'Kinspy CP Redguard Nightblade
    Works-in-Sweatshop CP Argonian Nightblade
    Anu'thir Phuh'kin Bearpun CP Altmer Warden
    Bubble Crumbles CP Redguard Warden
    A'driån Kin'hör CP Argonian Warden
    Clearly, your egg was left in the shade too long.
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Day 2, tried another set of 13 crates. Got only 4 cards each time. No awesome widgets, no mounts, but also got no "1 crown meal" insult prizes, so I'm less offended. I could use everything (even tho I make my own potions, crown stuff's great for levelling alts without wasting expensive flowers). The Clever Man and Fibonaccus hats are excellent, and the rest of the appearances are fine, but giving a female Altmer an Argonian-only Jawbone Blade is stupid. We should not receive awards our current character can't use, or make those go straight to crown gems. Both pets were repeats and I didn't like them any better the first time.

At the end of 26 crates, $104 worth, I have 35 crown gems, which is trash. The trade-in needs to be much higher.

List of rewards:
    Appearance:

1 Aurbical Symbols
    2 Azure Brow-to-Temple Circlet
    1 Battlemage Tribune Armor
    1 Battlemage Scout Captain Uniform
    2 Clever Man Wizard Hat
    1 Fibonaccus Spiral Hat
    1 High-Collared Coin Ball Gown
    1 Jawbone Blades
    1 Soul-Shriven Armor Outfit
    1 Soul-Shriven Leather Outfit
    1 Soul-Shriven Ragged Clothing

Pets:

1 Helstrom Ancestor Lizard
    1 Shornhelm Shepherd

Consumables:

6 Crown Invisibility Potion (5)
    2 Crown Lethal Poison (25)
    2 Crown Mimic Stone
    5 Crown Spellcaster's Elixir (5)
    4 Crown Survivor's Elixir (5)
    6 Crown Tri-Restoration Potion (5)
    9 Crown Warrior's Elixir (5)
    1 Crown Lesson: Riding Capacity
    1 Crown Lesson: Riding Speed
    1 Crown Lesson: Stamina

Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, Day 2's loot was more of the same. Tons of things I wouldn't use nor buy if I were shopping the actual crown store. I did get a bunch of repeats today though. What I find interesting is that things like pets gave 5 crown gems, but those Aurbic Eye's give 13 crown gems on repeats - and I got a total of 2 repeats of those today. After 2 days and 26 crates I have 76 crown gems and nothing I really would have purchased. I have no need for the consumables, I have a master crafter and enough gold to buy whatever I might need in that area to make better items. None of the more special items I have received were of interest to me. I was not excited for any of them. I was actually super bummed when my first crate gave me the atronach horse mount yesterday - I only wanted the Senche.

I still have no interest in buying these with my own money. I will only be purchasing things for actual sale in the crown store, unless there is nothing further of interest being put up outside of crown crates. Which is what I actually suspect will happen.

My bottom line opinion of the crown crates is that they are a scam. If anyone asked me about them, I would strongly tell them to stay away from them.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • fr33r4ng3r
    fr33r4ng3r
    ✭✭✭
    Like many people here I have strong feelings about this, but in the interest of being constructive I will "keep calm". I'd like to provide a bit of "profile" or "persona" information about myself to the ZOS marketing team in the hopes that my feedback be properly categorized when they review it:

1.) I am an ESO Plus subscriber and generally log in every day to play.
    2.) I budget around $600 per year for games (and often spend more). I spend most of this on ESO Plus and crown store items.
    3.) I want ZOS to be wildly successful and profitable and would like to play ESO for years to come. I recognize that a game like this is expensive to build and maintain and I would like to continue to contribute financially.
    4.) I am a collector and will often purchase a crown store collectible just to have it.
    5.) Other than the odd crown repair pack. I do not purchase crown store consumable items.
    6.) I will NOT be purchasing crown crates in their current form, even if it means I never get to collect the crown exclusive items. The 3 primary deterrents for me are i.) Low duplicate item gem ratio; ii.) Consumable items I won't use; and iii.) High cost / low reward per box.
    7.) I am not opposed to crown boxes in principal, so long as I understand the odds and feel like I have a reasonable chance of getting something I want. (I play some of the CCGs upon which the crown crate system appears to be based).

I have some suggestions for improvement that I am working on and will post them separately.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more I look at these things, the more the system is betrayed by it's own designs.

Due to ZOS's philosophy to make crafted items better (Which I applaud and continue to applaud) it exposes how pointless these consumeables are. Anyone who has money or crafters can get what these things are and in better quantity and quality.

The gem ratio betrays how much of a shill this really is. The exchange ratio for duplicates is really shallow and so is your chance of geting something, even a repeatable. It's consistantly one in four with the rest being consumeables which we have allready established are useless. It's a slot machine for a incredibly small chance at even a drop in the bucket at anything usefull.

The only people I see taken in by this are honestly the people with gambling issues. No one without an addiction will quickly see how much of a shill this is and be out 40 bucks at the most. Word of mouth then quickly spreads and the sales dry up -instantly-. It seems very much like the theory, that there is a guy seperate from the dev or design team desigining the crownstore from the exploitators handbook, while the dev team does their thing and manages to thwart his evil schemes at every turn.

This idea was bad from the start. The idea's poor execution only serves to highlight how bad it is. Please, just stop. Let this fail, then let it die.
  • Dromede
    Dromede
    ✭✭✭✭
    Triggered and saddened all over the place by this. Let me be constructive though.

Here's what i like:

+ Wonderful interface - adding Pacrouti interaction is a nice touch

+ You can see tiers clearly, i.e. what's more valuable and what's less valuable

Here's what i don't like:

-Cost/gain ratio - like most people here, i craft my food/drinks and pots myself. I never use poisons at all. I bought a mimic stone pack once and used 2/16 stones so far within a year of having it. Buying soul gems and horse training with real money is insanity. What you put in the crates as the "base value" is almost non-usable.

-Duplicate value - i got refunded 5 gems twice for a pet, and 13 gems once for a Palomino horse. Comparing the refund to a face value - the conversion is off. Also, how crazy is 400 gem price for the exclusive mounts? Honestly, even if i ever got enough gems for it, i would just be embarrassed to use it since having it says "I have too much disposable money, and i loove being ripped off ". Not saying anyone should feel like that, it's personal business, but that's the feeling the crates leave me with personally.

TL:DR I won't be buying any crown crates when the system goes live. I was biased against them to begin with, and pts only confirmed what i feared.

And on a personal, highly whiny note: this is the things - when i see a cool hat in a crown store for 400 crowns and i like it, i buy it. When i buy 13 crates for 5200 crowns and i get that damn hat and some other semi-relevant items, i'm still not 100% happy because there's a slight chance i could have gotten that special super exclusive mount that i don't even want that much or need. Dissatisfaction comes from "what i could have had for the same amount of money spent". Hope it makes sense.
    Skye Cloude - Sorc DPS, Master Crafter. Main, the bestest
    Lae Lenne - Templar Healer Trial grade.
    Dromede - Stamina Nightblade, she's a newb and doesn't know what she's doing
    V'oghatta - Stamplar pretending to be a tank
    Ulville Thonvella - aspiring Fire Mage, be careful around her fire sticks!
    Dromedaris - lost and not found. Named after a shoe, what else can you expect from her? A proper tank in her wildest dreams
    Swims-Naked - too pretty to grind, too silly to quest.
    Sun Flair - Dunmer Templar that can't spell for life. To bad she's too broke to afford a name change... Well, at least she's pretty...
  • Towerdragon
    Towerdragon
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with a lot of the complaints on this topic I think the crown Crate system is complete rubbish. The reward is not worth me spending money for a few reasons
    1. The only consumables that I buy in the crown store are crown repair kits, Mount Scrolls ,and maybe the occasional XP scroll everything else is trash.
    2 all items should be given the opportunity to turn into Crown gems in case I do not want them including collectibles.
    3. And finally the crown gem conversion rate needs to be upped at least to 50% crown gem value (if something sells for 100 crown gems and a get a repeat I should get 50 gem aleast.
    The way the system is now it just seems like a desperate grab for cash you were only going to lose ESO plus players I would much rather pay for what I want instead of going RNG. This system is not needed just keep releasing high-quality content and people will keep playing and paying.
    Edited by Towerdragon on September 22, 2016 6:04AM
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dromede wrote: »
    And on a personal, highly whiny note: this is the things - when i see a cool hat in a crown store for 400 crowns and i like it, i buy it. When i buy 13 crates for 5200 crowns and i get that damn hat and some other semi-relevant items, i'm still not 100% happy because there's a slight chance i could have gotten that special super exclusive mount that i don't even want that much or need. Dissatisfaction comes from "what i could have had for the same amount of money spent". Hope it makes sense.
    I think it makes great sense. It'd be like going to a restaurant and saying "I want a burrito." and they go "Here, have a quesadilla." Well, that's not what I want. I want a burrito. And you get another quesadilla. Then a side salad. Then four large drinks. Another side salad. Some pudding. And 19 single-serving mints for some reason. THEN you get your burrito.

And along comes your bill, too. While the burrito was $4, the bill for dinner is now about $45+ and you have a bunch of stuff that you don't want, and the pleasure you'd get from the thing you did want is greatly diminished because you had to go through hassle to get it.

An odd analogy, I know. I may be hungry. I think the crates can be improved where they'd be a good value, but you have to get a minimum level of reward to reach that value. If 15 packs are, say, 5,000 crowns you buy on you should at LEAST have a high/guaranteed chance to at least one special mount of your choice. And the chance for drops.

Conversion rates need to be changed, and the minimum rewards you get need to be upped.
  • kumatab14_ESO
    kumatab14_ESO
    ✭✭
    The data from the testers is showing that this is a really bad idea for the consumer while it is a win for the company. I have been supporting this game since the beginning with subscribing and purchasing random cosmetics in the store, but this is overkill.

It is starting to look like they want to make the crates the only way to get new items, and there is no way that should be acceptable. That type of gambling should be left to the weaker games. Allow users to continue to purchase the items out right or make the RNG really less painful on the wallet.

This type of change will end up driving away some of the current supporters and it might end up not being worth it. There is no way I'll be buying any crates, and if that is the only way to get new items...I guess that I won't need to spend any more money on the game.