Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Item Set Browser - The superior alternative to Item Set Collections for referencing item sets

• Venscal
    Venscal
    ✭✭✭
    Many Thanks !!!!!
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome :)
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Darlon wrote: »
    @code65536

Like said, very nice.

There are some errors in it though...

So far I have found that Greenshade and Grahtwood have the wrong sets listed (they seem to be swapped).
    The addon shows syrabane dropping in greenshade, and I got a piece in grahtwood...
    For the wilderqueen set it is the opposite, it shows as dropped in grahtwood and it should be greenshade.

Thanks for the report; I'll include that fix in the next version.

I assigned the zones based on what was listed in the Patch Notes, so it would seem that the Patch Notes had them swapped as well. Lore-wise, what you observed makes sense, since the story of the Wilderking and Wilderqueen happened in Greenshade, not in Grahtwood.

Please let me know if there are other inconsistencies.

PS: @ZOS_GinaBruno here's a list of errata for the itemization Patch Notes:
    1. Nightshade is listed as dropping in Cyrodiil, even though the set had been renamed to Night Terror and moved to Stormhaven.
    2. Para Bellum was omitted from the Maelstrom set list.
    3. Syrabane and Wilderqueen are swapped.

It is actually all Grahtwood and Greenshade sets that are swapped.

this spreadsheet by @ArtOfShred seems to have the correct zones listed
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uvlekv_QIvcwTq_fRDBVrFpHzrBy2XmTBviBRNsi5Ic/pubhtml#
    Edited by Darlon on September 15, 2016 8:29AM
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    awesome addon, thx for this :)
    Noobplar
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you very much, great work!
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Bloodcrow
    Bloodcrow
    Soul Shriven
    This is exactly what I was looking for! For Months I need this.
    I'am constantly alt-tabing googleing for were the sets drop (my memory sucks).

Thanks a lot
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posted version 0.2.0 with the following changes:
    • Added a dropdown filter to narrow results by source categories
    • Crafted sets will now show the zone(s) in which the set can be crafted
    • Swapped the Greenshade and Grahtwood sets to correct an apparent error in the PTS patch notes
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful! Thank you.
    GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    smilie_pokal.gif
  • ArtOfShred
    ArtOfShred
    ✭✭✭
    Darlon wrote: »
    It is actually all Grahtwood and Greenshade sets that are swapped.

this spreadsheet by @ArtOfShred seems to have the correct zones listed
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uvlekv_QIvcwTq_fRDBVrFpHzrBy2XmTBviBRNsi5Ic/pubhtml#

Ah, thanks for tagging me, just reminded me I need to add the 2.6.1 updates into the spreadsheet!

• Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many thanks for creating this add-on.
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my, code I love you.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Lumbermill_Emperor
    Lumbermill_Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    its replacement for ItemSetView

at least!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, this looks like an absolute must-have add-on! Thanks code!
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Jammy_Dodger
    Jammy_Dodger
    ✭✭
    Great addon.

3 questions

1. Will you be updating this when the update is live to contain all item sets in the whole game (i.e. including the old non updated sets)
    2. Does it pickup other addons that affect the item box (i.e master merchant so that price trends can be displayed)
    3. Related to the previous do you know of anything similar that exists in live at the moment where by I can lookup any item like how you have them displayed in this addon? Purpose being to see master merchant prices for an item that you don't currently have in your inventory
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Version 0.2.1 was posted a few hours ago with the following changes:
    • The item tooltip shown when mousing over a set will now report the style of that set, if applicable
    • Added the six 3-piece jewelry sets found in Cyrodiil, which had been previously omitted due to an oversight

Great addon.

3 questions

1. Will you be updating this when the update is live to contain all item sets in the whole game (i.e. including the old non updated sets)
    2. Does it pickup other addons that affect the item box (i.e master merchant so that price trends can be displayed)
    3. Related to the previous do you know of anything similar that exists in live at the moment where by I can lookup any item like how you have them displayed in this addon? Purpose being to see master merchant prices for an item that you don't currently have in your inventory
    1: When building the database for this addon, I had created another addon to datamine the entire item table, and the old 3p jewelry/weapon sets from vet dungeons (the ones that give only a single set bonus for 3 pieces) are the only ones that I deliberately omitted (though as you can see from the 0.2.1 changelog above, I might inadvertently overlook some sets). Barring any other oversights, this means that every set that currently exists (with the exception of these old 3p sets) is covered by this addon.

I omitted these old 3p sets because there's no indication that they'll drop any more after One Tamriel and they're not max-level while providing just a single set bonus for the full 3p set. I suppose a case could be made to add them in for historical reference, but unless there is a lot of feedback telling me otherwise, my preference is to keep them out.

2: It depends on how the other addon hooks into the game's item tooltip. Some addons will notice the tooltips being invoked by this addon, and some won't. There's not anything I could do about that.

3: This is impractical because of how the itemization works in ESO; it's something that I've learned a lot about and gained a lot of insight into while writing an addon like this. And it's complicated, so please bear with me.

Take, for example, the Warlock set. My datamine results indicate that there are five different item IDs for an infused Warlock chest piece:
    { 29513, 0x00, {  } }, -- Vestments of the Warlock (Light) (Bind On Equip)
    { 85648, 0x00, {  } }, -- Vestments of the Warlock (Light) (Bind On Equip)
    { 85653, 0x00, {  } }, -- Vestments of the Warlock (Light) (Bind On Equip)
    { 109474, 0x00, {  } }, -- Vestments of the Warlock (Light) (Bind On Pickup)
    { 109479, 0x00, {  } }, -- Vestments of the Warlock (Light) (Bind On Pickup)

29513 is the original, back when Warlock dropped with non-random traits and only in robes, so there existed only one item ID for a Warlock chest piece. Update 11 saw Warlock being updated; it can now drop in all 8 traits and can drop both as a robe and as a jerkin. That means that we need 16 different item IDs to cover the Warlock chest piece, since you need a separate item ID for each trait (someone at ZOS is probably regretting the original design of this from years ago), and you also need a separate item ID for the robe/jerkin styles. Instead of adding 15 new item IDs to go along with the original 29513, they just added 16 new IDs (as you can imagine, it's an organizational mess to have 15 IDs close to each other, and then an outlier ID far away in the item table). But they don't always add new traits this way; when they added new traits to the vMA weapon table, they just added a new set of IDs to supplement the old IDs, resulting in sizeable gaps between vMA weapon codes. For example, a precise vMA resto is 71171 while a nirnhoned vMA resto is several thousand away at 79709. Anyway, back to Warlock... right now, on Live, the new IDs above 80K drop in AA, while the old 29513 is still used for the old drops (so if you find a level 18 robe while questing on a lowbie, that's still the old 29513).

And with Warlock becoming a BoP dungeon set in Update 12, they've created yet another set of Warlock IDs (109K+) with the bind type set to pickup. The reason they did this is to avoid the outrage of retroactively binding the old BoE Warlock pieces. So any Warlock piece you get on Live right now will have a different item ID from what will drop after Update 12, and as a result, the Live drops will remain BoE. All the current BoE sets that will become BoP will follow this same pattern including Worm and Ebon.

Some of the sets have also undergone stylistic changes. For example, Combat Physician currently drops in ICP in the Xivkyn style. In One Tamriel, it will be moved to Wayrest Sewers and drop in the Redguard style. In order to avoid current users of that set from suddenly waking up to a massive fashion overhaul, they created a whole new set of Combat Physician item IDs for the new Wayrest drops.

Once you see how the itemization works under the hood, it becomes clear why ZOS needs so much time to add new traits to the drop table. It also makes it very hard to edit an item link to change its trait. You can easily change the level by tweaking a number in the field, but if someone linked me a precise vMA resto and asked me to edit that link into a sharpened vMA resto, it means that I'll have manually search for the sharpened vMA resto item ID. It might be 1 or 2 IDs lower than precise resto, or it might be 50 IDs higher than a precise resto. Or, in the case of a nirn resto, many thousands of IDs away--you just don't know.

All this put together is why any sort of MM integration makes absolutely no sense. There's just way too many possibilities. A level 18 Warlock robe that you got killing a mob in Stormhaven will have an entirely different ID (and MM result) than a level 18 robe you got in a downscaled AA instance in Update 11, and it'll be entirely different from the level 18 BoP robe that you'll get from Selene's Web in Update 12. As for my addon, my database keeps just one sample ID for each set; it would be far too unwieldy (not to mention performance-hindering) to expand the database to cover every single possible ID for a set.
    Edited by code65536 on September 16, 2016 11:11AM

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeez code, why are you always so insightful and thorough with your answers. Mad props for you man.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Jammy_Dodger
    Jammy_Dodger
    ✭✭
    Thanks very much for your in-depth reply. Keep up the good work !
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This addon has been updated and is ready for today's patch. In addition to some minor refinements, Itemization Browser is now fully localized for German and French users.

(Also, could I get this thread moved to the Addons forum, since the PTS test period for OT is over? I used to be able to move threads that I created, but that functionality appears to be gone now?)

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    great addon dude! thanks
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Installed, thanks! You get a :cookie:
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Installed! Again, great job!
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW.

+1 'Awesome' for you, sir.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Version 1.0.1 (2016/10/06)
    • Added Russian translation (thank you, Ckau)
    • For monster sets, the Source column now includes the name of the Undaunted chest containing the shoulders for that set
    • Removed Thieves Troves as sources; it appears that they were changed in Update 12 to now drop sets belonging to the zone that they are in

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @code65536

I've already installed your add-on and it's absolutely fantastic! Love it. Good job!

Thank you :smile:
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Started using this on live a few days ago, thanks so much for making this addon, i simply love it.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JarlUlfric wrote: »
    Hey @code65536, I love the add-on however, I had one suggestion. Is it possible for you to flag each set as a stamina, magicka, or health set in Itemization Browser? I think it'd be really cool to be able to separate the sets that way.

@JarlUlfric Except in a few rare cases, the armor weight corresponds to whether a set is stam/mag/health. You can sort and browse by weight.

If you want to separate sets by role, that's not always very clear-cut. For example, Kagrenac's Hope can be used for healing, DPS, or tanking. Alkosh is intended to be a DPS set, but is most often used by tanks. I prefer not to have to make these sorts of editorial calls.

Finally, I am planning to add support for searching through the set bonuses, so you can search for "Magicka Recovery" and get a list of all the sets that mention "Magicka Recovery" in their set bonuses. I'm aiming to add this feature to the next version of Itemization Browser, though I'm not sure when I'll get around to actually working on that.

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • JarlUlfric
    JarlUlfric
    ✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    JarlUlfric wrote: »
    Hey @code65536, I love the add-on however, I had one suggestion. Is it possible for you to flag each set as a stamina, magicka, or health set in Itemization Browser? I think it'd be really cool to be able to separate the sets that way.

@JarlUlfric Except in a few rare cases, the armor weight corresponds to whether a set is stam/mag/health. You can sort and browse by weight.

If you want to separate sets by role, that's not always very clear-cut. For example, Kagrenac's Hope can be used for healing, DPS, or tanking. Alkosh is intended to be a DPS set, but is most often used by tanks. I prefer not to have to make these sorts of editorial calls.

Finally, I am planning to add support for searching through the set bonuses, so you can search for "Magicka Recovery" and get a list of all the sets that mention "Magicka Recovery" in their set bonuses. I'm aiming to add this feature to the next version of Itemization Browser, though I'm not sure when I'll get around to actually working on that.

Being able to search by set bonuses would be way better than what I suggested. That sounds awesome, I really hope you get around to doing that :smile:
    True High King
    Member since August 2013.
    Eastmarch Trade Company | Washed Up Raiders | Order of the Bear (RIP 4.17.2015 - 5.31.2019)
    EP | Björn Járnsída | Dragonknight Tank
    EP | First-Rank Ansei | Stamina Nightblade
    EP | Advancing Yokeda | Stamina Sorceror
    EP | Immortal Yokeda | Stamina Necromancer
    EP | Resilient Yokeda | Stamina Dragonknight
    EP | Talvos Sari | Magicka Sorcerer
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the most valuable addon I use. Thank you!!
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    This is the most valuable addon I use. Thank you!!

Agreed! Thanks so much for all your work on this add on @code65536 its such a time saver, everyone should be running this!
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte