The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, it sounds like a little dicey game performance and a totally lopsided campaign ain't slowing any of you up at all :p

anyone collect any of the triune jewelry from the conquest boards yet?

probably will take a break for a couple of days from the psijic and jewelry crafting stuff...it's been a couple of days since i've hung out in cyro...

i currently have 2 active blue werewolfs (stamplar and stam dk)...just made a red werewolf recently (bosmer stam sorc)...he's wearing all medium (the other two ww's are in all heavy)...

I'm curious to see how things go with an all medium werewolf...

Edit: holy cow - just saw that steam announcement - again - yikes...
    Edited by geonsocal on June 19, 2018 5:48PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I kind of gave up my WW thing for a bit. I just suck with it.
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone was wondering the patch today didn't fix the freezing it's still occurring froze 3 times trying to defend a keep lol
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    If anyone was wondering the patch today didn't fix the freezing it's still occurring froze 3 times trying to defend a keep lol
    OMG. That's probably the nail in the coffin for participation in this campaign. It was already dropping every day.
    PS4NA
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    man, that sucks jake... thanks for the heads up though...

played last night and froze a few times...unfortunately my internet service connection speeds were also pretty crappy...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I kind of gave up my WW thing for a bit. I just suck with it.

I normally try to get the ww's tanky as possible, just because I know everyone loves to kill them :)

I'm glad I have an active red werewolf now...my EP magplar is also a werewolf, but, he's wearing 7 light - so, don't want to use it on him...

thinking of maybe 5 heavy (or, at least add in 2 heavy) on my magsorc in the future...so, I may turn him - just so I can play a werewolf on AD also...

playing a werewolf as a tank is fairly easy...the trick is trying not to let yourself get surrounded too much...

it's great for attacking players on the outskirts of zergs...

every once in a while though it's a blast to pop a pot and pounce into the middle of a group and just fear the heck out of everyone :p
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fixed the problem by playing some Assassin's Creed Black Flag today.
    Never froze or crashed once and that's an UbiSoft game. lmao
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i liked this one so much - i had to post it again :)

i imagine their poor community managers are currently fighting for space (and a bottle) under their desk...

tenor.gif?itemid=10108655

here's a pic of that one dev sitting around the office meeting who knew exactly what would happen when they released summerset...

tenor.gif

here's the financial guy who pushed for the release...

PLyy4q7.gif
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

as always - great production...was too frustrating though to watch after the second, third, fourth, etc, etc, etc freeze...
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in the emp group last night. It was nice to group up with the old guildies. After my fourth freeze I didn't bother logging back in.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »
    I was in the emp group last night. It was nice to group up with the old guildies. After my fourth freeze I didn't bother logging back in.

that's funny...actually not really funny - but, my limit seems to be the fourth freeze also...
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

that's funny...actually not really funny - but, my limit seems to be the fourth freeze also...

Hey you freeze lol https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/36087569_1947268565304274_6685988118102802432_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=1dfbe375c87af5d3fac9da45a1a8eb42&oe=5BE5781F
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm up to 5/20 of the items needed for the special crown thing for PvP. Have any of you all managed to get it yet? Yesterday I was able get into Cyrodiil for while. Somehow the wagon train to the front caught up to me in Alinor. August Palatine Talion the Mighty, your queen needs you in Cyrodiil. All aboard!

I arrived at the Western gate and had to change my clothes after a long voyage. I'm sticking with War Maiden because somehow I had all gold jewelry in that set and I golded out a fire and a lightning staff for front and back bar. So that's staying on. Julianos I removed because it's all Divines and while that's great, Divines don't help against max crits. So it's between Rattlecage and Vicious Death. Let's go VD, it looks good and apparently I golded that out at some point too. I'll put on Mighty Chudan to help with the light armor squishiness. Too bad the gate doesn't have a changing area, here I am getting undressed near the stable like some farmer. I don't need Sorcalin coming by and asking me "Is that a forward camp in your pants or are you just happy to see me?"

I grabbed one of the new quests, let's see... kill 40 players. Ha! 500 gold says I'll complete that before I get 5 of the Wardens I also need. I've had a lot of freezing issues fighting DC so I'll take Stendarr's hint and smite some Pact for a while. I headed to Fare as Alessia was Red and it looked like fighting near the farm there. Once I arrived at Fare I went outside just in time to see a Pact soldier battling a fellow AD. Foom! Purifying light. Whom! Total Dark, and he's dead before I could really get started. It's nice when your teammates are good. 1/40. I raced to the farm and saw one other AD there who was getting pounded on pretty badly by the beefed up NPC's. I threw some heals his way and started laying down the AOE's - Blockade of Storms, Blazing Spear, Ritual of Retribution (Yeah I'm still using this morph, too lazy to respec), jab-jab-JAB! Me and this other guy, we're taking care of business (everyday!). While this was going on, a few more AD ride up and another Pact player tries to do the ride-by and fails. First rule of ride-by - make sure your horse has the stamina to do it. He falls to the ground and gets beaten before he can get up. 2/40.

This group of about eight AD and myself ride over to the newly red, Fare mine. While there we run into a small group of EP who quickly get steamrolled. 8/40. Time to head to Alessia. Looks like we are battling up there still. We all head off, and unfortunately Rapids no longer hits me if I'm not in the group so I'll do it the old fashioned way, with max speed and Wind Running CP - still too slow. Lucky for me though, an enemy NB saw me riding solo and decided I would be a good target to gank. He jumps and attacks and you know, it's never good for the NB when the target doesn't fall off the horse or keep riding. When the target dismounts, it's cloak time baby! But I say lucky for me as I had just whipped up a batch of detection plus magic potions and those just taste so good when night blades are around. Bottoms up! Oh there he is, open field too... I got him with lightning reach and stun, then it's face melt time with my War Maiden's boosted Soul Assault. 9/40. Especially satisfying because he jumped me. Ta-da emote over the corpse. Tea bagging is for those who lack creativity.

By the time I make it to Alessia we already flipped it. Oh well, I'll just keep riding to the bridge towards Sejanus. There is some small battling near the far end of the bridge. I threw out a few reflective lights trying to help out. I get credit for two more kills even though I didn't do much. 11/40. I'm finally getting close to the Ayleid Well and the battles are heating up. I'm throwing off purifying light, reflective light, destructive reach, total dark. I'm using all the tools in my toolkit now as there are enemies everywhere but we are steadily moving forward, closer to the door. 18/40. I arrive at the door and of course nobody has any siege down but reds are pouring out the door and battles are everywhere so I understand. I drop a destro ultimate right outside the door and I'm tagging every single red with some damage. I finally get that Vicious Death chain that I love so much - 28/40! Full credit to my teammates for getting all of those EP low enough on health to make it possible. Watching those notifications scroll past was awesome!

Still no siege though so I go to the south side wall to see if we can get something going over there. I see one trebuchet already going and while I'm setting up my ballista I get another few residual kills from the front door, 31/40. A few EP are sneaking around killing my people trying to side siege and they managed to get me before I could get off my ballista. Luckily some smart AD player had set up a camp so no big deal. I marched back to the front door to see several siege now. Nice work AD! On the way up the hill I see an EP archer shooting down from the edge of the outpost, so I bubble him, purifying light him, and keep moving forward. 32/40 - what?! I'm laughing now. That idiot killed himself.

I arrive as the doors burst open and stride right through like a hero does. At least that how Talion tells it in the pub later. What actually happened was I chugged an immovable potion and mistformed in through the doorway and to the right. I'm again laying AOE's, throwing heals, and lighting up enemies 36/40. We make to the back flag and I turn right and go up the stairs. Stun and assault one guy on the stairs 37/40 and make it up top just in time to get a few reflective light shots in on the last few reds turtling up. 40/40. Nice! The call goes out to push on to Blue Road but my day is done.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice ballcap...thanks for sharing...have you picked up any of the triune jewelry from the conquest board rewards?

got DJ doing some work for me in cyrodiil this weekend...tough coaching someone so young to pvp in eso...fortnite is a whole lot simpler :)

may only hit tier 3 on a few characters...and, I really am going to need a bunch of pvp jewelry from the end of the campaign, so, putting in some work for the queen...

only had one frozen screen on friday and saturday... not so lucky on sunday...after the second freeze in about 10 minutes - back to building and dancing with all the kids in fortnite...
    Edited by geonsocal on June 25, 2018 3:29AM
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t picked up any jewelry outside of the three original traits.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ballcap wrote: »

I found a total of two psijic portals, thankfully one had an infused ring in it...

of all the things i was worried about jewelry crafting - it never occurred to me that gathering research materials would be so challenging...

at some point I'll probably break down and spend the 70k or so a piece to pick up the other jewelry traits I need to research...

thankfully my first jewelry set will be torug's pact - so, just knowing three traits for awhile will be fine...

I'm still only level 32 though...
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    Game's mud
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ballcap wrote: »

I found a total of two psijic portals, thankfully one had an infused ring in it...

of all the things i was worried about jewelry crafting - it never occurred to me that gathering research materials would be so challenging...

at some point I'll probably break down and spend the 70k or so a piece to pick up the other jewelry traits I need to research...

thankfully my first jewelry set will be torug's pact - so, just knowing three traits for awhile will be fine...

I'm still only level 32 though...

Keep waiting. I picked up a Harmony ring this morning for 33k. The prices will continue to drop off.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gonna be honest. Having Sanj as emp is good for me. While I admittly did follow your guys group sometimes(sometimes intentionally, sometimes you guys showed up to where I was). Half of the time I was wondering off and ended up being in multiple areas of high conflict.

I walked away from Cyro with well over 700k AP this weekend on my StamDK. Pretty good!
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on June 25, 2018 5:07PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No matter how many Yellow bodies you throw at us we will not go down!
    Blood for the Pact!
    Oh well, just LOL.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys swaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarmed Aleswell yesterday.

I got separated from my zerg, and ended up teaming with 2 blue smallscalers just to stay alive. There were sooo many red.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    look at jake - up on the leaderboards...

good job sir :)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one of the things i enjoy most about the forums is picking up little bits of information about different character builds...in particular i enjoy posts which lament just how OP certain race/class combos can be...

because i have such a wide variety of characters and builds - chances are good that i'll have a character similar to what some folks may be griping about..it kind of gives me some motivation to play that particular character :p

was reading a thread the other day wherein folks were highlighting just how useful an argonian mag warden can be in pvp...

perfect timing - cuz, i need to gather some AP right now on my very own AD argonian mag warden...he's rocking some rattlecage, shacklebreaker and troll king...pretty useless for dps purposes in a dungeon, decent healer though - however, put him in cyrodiil around a friendly zerg - oh yeah :)

still need to finish up his medicinal use passive (currently only at 20% buff to potions) - but, being able to sustain with pots and dang near spam permafrost and enchanted forest from decisive weapons, shimmering shield, heroic slash and trees makes him a heck of a lot of fun to play...

after reading some of the posts on the thread i think i'll add a couple of potion cooldown enchants to his jewelry to see what effect that might have...i've gone away from building for sustain on most of my characters a while ago - it's kind of fun now to be able to spam abilities on this character...
    Edited by geonsocal on June 26, 2018 5:25PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a bit of a frustrating night...kept getting in to some really good fights - and then I'd freeze...ugh...

when I wasn't freezing i was having fun playing super aggressive with the character - a few times i jumped into the fray without having my ultimate and pots ready - and paid for it...I really like though to mix things up in close with some of my more survivable characters...

all the freezing did motivate me to leave cyrodiil for a while and head back to sleek creek to level my argonian's medicinal use passive...

sweet, 41 second uptime on pot regen with a 45 second cooldown...

I'm currently wearing troll king, rattlecage and shacklebreaker (5 light/2 heavy) - guess I'm just gonna have to ditch the shacklebreaker for a set of clever alchemist...that proc will get me up to 3.5k on my spell damage...

I was gonna add one or two reduce potion cooldown jewelry glyphs, but, I don't think I'm gonna really need it...
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a bit of a frustrating night...kept getting in to some really good fights - and then I'd freeze...ugh...
    11 times in under 120 minutes last night for me. I about threw my controller at the wall. 8 of those freezes resulted in lost O-ticks or D-ticks. The biggest one I missed, I think, was over 20K.

Pro Tip: If you freeze during a defense and the D-tick hasn't hit yet when you log back in, hurry and put a repair kit into something or you won't qualify for it because you'll no longer be on the credit list due to the re-log.

I can't believe they totally broke their own game (PvP) twice in just 10 months. It's astonishing for a major studio.
    Edited by dotme on June 27, 2018 6:37PM
    PS4NA
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    I managed to get a couple of the Psijic skills and took them into Cyrodiil to try out. I only have the time stop and the light attack boost ones for now. I took the morph of the time stop that prevents healing figuring I'd only use this skill in PvP. When the enemy brings a ram and you throw this down right before the oils hit - wicked effective! The only downside is that if I stun a large enough group my game freezes and I drop. So... you know, pros and cons. Otherwise though, I've really been attempting to try out new things and not worrying about getting wrecked as much.

I main a templar and finally decided to reset my morphs and try the other ones just to see what they do. I am trying out the other morph of dark flare, Solar Barrage. That's an odd skill. I put it on my aoe back bar with the lightning staff and the Psijic light attack boost skill. So the barrage grants empower every two seconds for six seconds and I tried to pair that with the Imbue Weapon morph "Elemental Weapon" to see if I could do some decent light attack damage. I had mixed results. Staff light attacks seem so clunky to me.

I also saw that EP seems to have stepped up their game. That's good to see. Someone on AD chat was complaining about "team purple" but when I looked at the map DC was getting it handed to them by Red as well. So there's that. EP just came alive, at least during the time I was on. Also, there is a person on EP catbabysmeow - I love that username. Do any of you play with them? I don't know why that name makes me laugh so much. They are high on the leader board too! There's nothing more humbling than Talion the Mighty being brought low by catbabysmeow.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »

Pro Tip: If you freeze during a defense and the D-tick hasn't hit yet when you log back in, hurry and put a repair kit into something or you won't qualify for it because you'll no longer be on the credit list due to the re-log.

good thought dotme... I've literally been racing around the outside of the jeep hoping to run into an enemy to fight...

okay, just go repair a wall and that'll do the trick...thanks :)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    almost forgot to mention - if you need to re-spec, now's a great time, only one gold per skill right now...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spent the last couple of days hanging out at roe and ash on that last emp keep thing - usually some fun and intense fights for dethrone...

finally lost emp at ash...was up top the second floor (got pushed hard off the first and then quickly second flag)...i didn't actually die, although there was little mystery to how that battle for ash was gonna end, i froze...

ugh, this has felt like the longest journey to 100k I've ever taken...I'm doing a lot of defending - and, I just keep freezing...I just can't get motivated to stay logged in...

oh well, one more day to get another 20k :#

Edit: thanks @dotme - the repair the wall thing got me 15k at alessia :)
    Edited by geonsocal on June 28, 2018 4:55AM