The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @geonsocal OH man if 86 was college graduation, I'd feel very old. No offense @TequilaFire

:p

LOL I graduated high school in 71.
    Youngsters! :D

thanks for making me feel better @TequilaFire :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been in guild groups with the crown sounding like guys from the Big Bang Theory and ladies from the Orange is the New Black. ESO has good diversity of players, which is pretty cool.
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Careful there are EP spies here! lmao
    As if that would make a difference with no EP.
    My guild and friends list has very few playing ESO anymore. :'(
    I know what you mean. It's been mostly solo city for me for a while now. It's somewhat liberating being a random sometimes though.
    @geonsocal OH man if 86 was college graduation, I'd feel very old. No offense @TequilaFire

:p

LOL I graduated high school in 71.
    Youngsters! :D
    Class of '84 :smile: I'm from the Risky Business/Breakfast Club generation lol

PS4NA
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    I know what you mean. It's been mostly solo city for me for a while now. It's somewhat liberating being a random sometimes though.

i absolutely love doing what i want, when i want, and, for the most part, choosing the fights i want to be in...although, when i do see an enemy or ally group working together and kicking butt - i definitely think to myself that they must be having a bunch of fun...

seems to be a much more intense experience when grouped...

at times my playstyle could conceivably be labeled: glacial :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know it is close when it is quiet in here, people putting in work.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know it is close when it is quiet in here, people putting in work.

hahahahahahaha...

I've been spending just a bit of time in cyrodiil...been mostly hanging out in IC...

got lucky and picked up the tormentor polymorph on my 17th box :)

motivated me to go ahead and pick up the skeleton and assassins polymorphs also...

two of my characters are vamps and the morphs are definitely preferable to that ghastly pale skin...

made it to the middle a bunch of different times to fight molag bal...honestly, I just don't really enjoy hanging out in the middle farming the same thing over and over again...

been a bunch of fun fights up in the districts...most fun though has been fighting enemy players hanging around our alliance base in the sewers...

it's interesting - of all the different alliances, EP is the only one who has their own private sewer section not directly connected to a sewer entrance...

last I looked at the score - DC was up by a few hundred on AD, EP not that far behind...

cen-tex-vet has been the emp off and on for a few days...

AD was close to getting emp late night/early morning and was just missing aleswell the other night...didn't happen though...but, got a chance to kill the blue emp a few times...

getting ready to head back in to IC to farm some more stones (wanna buy some more of those superb imperial rewards boxes to see if I can get the auger and dreadknought polymorphs)...

still not sure which character or alliance to play :)
    Edited by geonsocal on September 17, 2017 4:49AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    last call, last call for 2x stones...

sitting in the middle of IC - there is literally no other players here...no good guys, no bad guys, no one...

all the portals in the middle are burning bright...

came in alone, but, there were a few other friendlies making their way in...they all left - not enough players to survive and kill the bosses...

have you ever "closed" a friendly (or otherwise) drinking establishment and been the last one standing/staggering - sort of feels like that :)

the lights are very bright down here...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 18, 2017 7:55AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the new pts notes are out: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/371878/pts-patch-notes-v3-2-0-clockwork-city/p1

by and large, nothing too dramatic...for those folks good/patient enough to complete maelstrom, dragonstar and soon to be asylum - those weapons are going to be pretty significant fighting tools...

Alliance War & Cyrodiil
    A new option for AvA Announcements has been added to the Social settings. This allows you to configure when AvA Announcements, such as an Elder Scroll being returned, are displayed as center screen messages. These will now only display while you are in an Alliance War location by default, and you can turn them completely on or off as well.

thank you rngeezus - finally can get rid of those incessant scroll notifications...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In this update, we’ve been hard at work improving the performance of the client. We’ve overhauled how the client handles animations, significantly reducing memory requirements. Additionally, we’ve made significant optimizations to the Scene Graph. Together, these two additions have resulted in significant gains in frame rate and improved load times into areas with many characters and/or buildings.
    Made improvements to the overall frame rate.
    Improved load times into areas with many characters and/or buildings.
    Fixed a number of infrequent game crashes.

i tried moving out of rawl'kha to velyn harbor - but, rawl'kha is just to darn convenient - i hope this helps there and in cyrodiil...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fasalla’s Guile: Fixed an issue where the proc from this Item Set would aggro neutral monsters around you.

i'm going to miss getting attacked by everyone mudcrab in tamriel...

Shadow Cloak: Fixed an issue where casting this ability and its morphs was erroneously displaying the error text “You can’t cast that ability right now”.

won't miss reading this message over and over again while on my nb's...

Rune Prison: This ability and its morphs are no longer 30-second disorients. Instead, they are 2.5-second stuns that cannot be blocked or dodged, and they can be placed on multiple targets.
    Rune Cage (Rune Prison morph): This morph now deals damage to the enemy if the stun lasts its full duration.
    The Defensive Rune morph continues to place a buff on you that will stun the next enemy that damages you.

i've never used this ability on my sorc - but, may have to give it a try now...

Shifting Standard (Dragonknight Standard morph): This morph now increases the duration of the standard to 25 seconds, and the standard can be shifted an unlimited amount of times. Shifting the standard no longer refreshes the duration, and the cost of this morph is now the same as the base ability.

it's funny, when you read the dragonkight standard tooltip - it sounds like a really great ultimate - almost no uses it though, myself included...

Reduced the duration of the stun applied to you when you are knocked off your mount to 2 seconds from 3 seconds, and you will now gain crowd control immunity after this stun expires.

that's a little better...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battlegrounds
    Battleground queues are now divided into 10-49 and 50. This means you will only have level 50 players playing against other level 50 players.
    The level 50 Battleground queue is now CP-enabled.

this will definitely help motivate me to play some more battlegrounds - and, take my non vet characters in there...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfathomable Darkness (Medium)
    (2) Weapon Critical
    (3) Physical Penetration
    (4) Weapon Damage
    (5) When you deal damage, you have a 10% chance to call a murder of crows around you for 12 seconds. Every 3 seconds a crow will be sent to peck the closest enemy within 12 meters of you, dealing 4000 Physical Damage. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

my new gotta have it set...

favorite move/ability in any game ever - "murder by crows" from bioshock
    latest?cb=20140619043416
    latest?cb=20100923214522
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    holy cow @Takes-No-Prisoner ...again, I ended up suddenly smack dab right in from of you...

as soon as I saw the drogskol id I was like "oh no", this isn't going to go well :)

yikes, I may need to keep better track of where you're at so I can avoid that area :)
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Standard has its uses on defence on a tank DK to cover the breaches and pins. AoE damage and defile with a 5 second immobilisation if someone hits the synergy works well in areas where enemies stack and people are firing siege.

Multiple moves on shifting makes it more appealing to me.

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shifting Standard - cost 200 ultimate
    Call down a flaming battle standard that deals [x] Flame Damage every 1 second for 15 seconds to nearby enemies and afflicting them with Major Defile, reducing their healing received by 30%
    While active, an ally can activate the Shackle synergy, dealing [y] Flame Damage and immobilizing all enemies in the area for 5 seconds
    Reduces the cost. Activating the ability again allows you to shift the standard to a new location, refreshing its duration

Standard of Might - cost 250 ultimate
    Call down a flaming battle standard that deals [x] Flame Damage every 1 second for 15 seconds to nearby enemies and afflicting them with Major Defile, reducing their healing received by 30%
    Standing within the standard's area increases your damage done and reduces your damage taken by 12%
    While active, an ally can activate the Shackle synergy, dealing [y] Flame Damage and immobilizing all enemies in the area for 5 seconds
    Standing within the standard's area increases your damage done and reduces your damage taken

for both my DK's - i've slotted Dragon Leap and Magma Armor at times - fairly recently...i don't think i've used the standard though for a very long time.

reduced damage and major defile though both sound really good - but...oh well...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 18, 2017 11:06PM
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    Shifting Standard - cost 200 ultimate
    Reduces the cost. Activating the ability again allows you to shift the standard to a new location, refreshing its duration

Standard of Might - cost 250 ultimate
    Standing within the standard's area increases your damage done and reduces your damage taken by 12%
    Standing within the standard's area increases your damage done and reduces your damage taken

for both my DK's - i've slotted Dragon Leap and Magma Armor at times - fairly recently...i don't think i've used the standard though for a very long time.

reduced damage and major defile though both sound really good - but...oh well...

If you are soloing or small group then I wouldn't use standard. If you are in a large group or defending a keep I would slot it in place of leap.

Anything that gives an AoE defile is awesome for group play. Being able to move that defile as the enemy moves for 25 seconds... OP
    Edited by Curragraigue on September 19, 2017 5:33AM

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    taking one for the team tonight...

wanted to work on my blue khajiit stam warden for a bit...took one look at the map (90% blue), and, figured it would be a good night for my AD mag sorc...

it's been humbling...gotten wiped a few times trying to get in inner keep doors...not a good sign when there's more people inside a keep defending then there are outside trying to get in...ugh :)

sometimes the situation determines your rotation...i've swapped out minefields for streak :#
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rough night on my mag sorc...

I play him similarly to my mag dk...it's been a while since I've played either...

spent a good portion of the night switching up my abilities and rotations (never a good sign)...

low light of the night came when two low cp players tracked me down on my horse and beat me...that one will haunt me for awhile :#

wasn't set up well and just fumbled my rotation too many times and they were able to kill me...

got gated a few times while on...reminded me back of the old days when I couldn't stand the sight of an enemy blue player :p

on the plus side a had some spectacular deaths - the ones where you get swallowed up by a dozen or so enemies surrounding you...

going out in a blaze of glory...

can't wait to get back in my mag sorc tonight, after last night I should have my skills, rotations and playstyle down much better - looking forward to a little payback...we'll see though...

so, there's about 18 days or so left in the campaign..most of the IC farming is over...

my sense is that Vivec may very well be turning back in to a very blue place...hopefully AD and EP come back in force...
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took a dip in PVP last night after a pretty long break. I've been taking my mDK through VMA and surprisingly had some good luck with drops, which will be made even better with the trait change. Not like I'll actually be using the weapons though lol.

Oh dear. AD seem like they're in a pretty bad state. No coordinated groups but still plenty of ego stroking in chat.

The guild I usually run with seems to have burned out. I think a lot of people moved on to other games. It was good to see Stoney got emp and I really hope he sticks with AD. I feel kinda bad for leaving his guild but I never know if he's also threw in the towel because he can disappear for months at a time.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »
    I took a dip in PVP last night after a pretty long break. I've been taking my mDK through VMA and surprisingly had some good luck with drops, which will be made even better with the trait change. Not like I'll actually be using the weapons though lol.

Oh dear. AD seem like they're in a pretty bad state. No coordinated groups but still plenty of ego stroking in chat.

The guild I usually run with seems to have burned out. I think a lot of people moved on to other games. It was good to see Stoney got emp and I really hope he sticks with AD. I feel kinda bad for leaving his guild but I never know if he's also threw in the towel because he can disappear for months at a time.

I ran with him for the past couple of weeks. He might move onto another alliance once he gets 5 stars. Sounded like he was undecided yet.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, things went a little better than last night – but, another challenging evening fighting for the queen…I can’t remember the last time I’ve spent that much time on the mount simulator…

it felt like every 10 minutes black boot and bloodmayne were under attack, or, we were trying to re-take those keeps…lots of riding back and forth...

had a couple of more failed siege attempts which ended bitterly at the inner keep door…after a while my only thought was ‘where the **** do all these god damn blue players keep coming from’?

followed quickly by – ‘why the hell won’t they just wait a couple of minutes to let us re-take the damn keep, so, they can then take it back’…for a bunch of the night it just felt like there were too many blue groups to really stop them…as the evening got later it started balancing a little better…

my rotation felt more stable tonight…my magsorc is in 7 light, with 2 pc grothdar, 5pc impregnable, 4 pc spinner (5 pc of SnB bar)…generally my other bar is destro in pvp and resto in pve…

settled on: shattering prison, dark conversion, haunting curse, boundless storm, crystal fragments, and soul assault on my SnB bar; and, power surge, dark conversion, daedric minefield, empowered ward, mage’s wrath, and eye of the storm on the destro bar…

right now I’m using tri-stat epic food – but, I think I’m okay enough stamina wise to switch to witchmother’s potent brew…I can’t remember what mundus I have on – I think it may still be the thief…

I’m not sure if I’ll keep the thief or not – the chance to possibly crit on an ultimate still seems valuable to me…

it’s been a while since I’ve been on my mag sorc in pvp…got a rude greeting at some resource when I died to the guards – I can’t remember the last time that happened - on any character…

at first I thought ‘wow, this must be some level 5 resource I’m at’ – I was pretty bummed when I looked and it was only at level 2…I kept checking, thinking I must be looking at it wrong…

Edited by geonsocal on September 20, 2017 6:42PM
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    I started with my DC toon, but then switched to AD when DC population was too much. Every night I've played, AD is getting gated. Seems like the guild that helped EP win last month has gone to DC. AD chat keeps blaming the players in IC and the bridge farmers. I would have to agree. AD was 3 bars and we got gated. During that time, so many AD were bridge fighting while the home keeps were getting taken by DC.

I still get more XP/AP when successfully defending a keep so taking a keep doesn't seem worth the jaunt on my horse and getting ganked along the way.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started with my DC toon, but then switched to AD when DC population was too much. Every night I've played, AD is getting gated. Seems like the guild that helped EP win last month has gone to DC. AD chat keeps blaming the players in IC and the bridge farmers. I would have to agree. AD was 3 bars and we got gated. During that time, so many AD were bridge fighting while the home keeps were getting taken by DC.

I still get more XP/AP when successfully defending a keep so taking a keep doesn't seem worth the jaunt on my horse and getting ganked along the way.

I saw something similiar on EP last night (one of my main guilds has an all red pvp wednesday policy...

AD was rampaging through our home territory - however, there were a large group of EP players staying around alessia and the bridge to fight...

after spending the last couple of days getting pounded by blue on my AD character - I was pretty motivated to head wear all night to tangle with DC...

after playing my mag sorc for a couple of days - my mag dk feels so much easier and more durable...

I absolutely love elusive mist - not too many sticky situations that ability won't help you get out of :p

that's very cool @PhxOldGamer68 that you went to go help out with AD...definitely an advantage in having options to play in regard to the different factions - number one being helping to balance the map at times...
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually witnessed for the first time since launch, 2 factions working together. On my AD toon defending Faregyl, 10 of us were doing well against DC, but then a group of EP showed up. We got wiped. And as I lay in death screen, I'm watching to see who wins between DC and EP, but nothing happens. They stand around and then run away.

Now that a lot of us have different toons on different factions, I can see how this can help a guild coordinate together.

Once I get my AD toon to Tier 3, I'm going back to my DC toon, who's already Tier 3, and raise my rank in the leaderboard to get better rewards. Taking too long on AD to rank up. Constantly getting run over.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually witnessed for the first time since launch, 2 factions working together. On my AD toon defending Faregyl, 10 of us were doing well against DC, but then a group of EP showed up. We got wiped. And as I lay in death screen, I'm watching to see who wins between DC and EP, but nothing happens. They stand around and then run away.

that kind of stuff tends to rankle me a bit...it's a game and all - but, not a big fan of having 2 opposing factions working together to beat me down :#
    Once I get my AD toon to Tier 3, I'm going back to my DC toon, who's already Tier 3, and raise my rank in the leaderboard to get better rewards. Taking too long on AD to rank up. Constantly getting run over.

you're spot on with that - the last few days on AD and then EP i think i've averaged maybe 10k AP per hour...which is basically like the old days when i didn't have much clue as to what was going on...i even went into a delve the other day to kill the boss to get that 20% AP boost...it helped a little...

unless your character has some super group heals - awfully tough to make decent AP gains without being able to roll over keeps constantly...

only thing that really helped me last night on EP to get any AP was that i was able to help capture chalman a few times - otherwise my AP gain would have been around 5k an hour...definitely easier at the moment to gain AP on the blue side...

in regards to the tier 3 rewards - i have non-vet characters (both mid level 20 wardens) in both AD and DC...the other day i went to look for some epic jewelry to help complete a 3 piece set - wow, that stuff is both fairly rare and expensive in guild stores...

although i was really glad to see EP on top for once at the end of the last campaign - i definitely missed those 5 pieces of non-vet epic jewelry...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @PhxOldGamer68 ...one thing i have noticed since the end of the IC event (and the beginning of destiny 2) - i'm running in to a lot more "familiar" foes and allies that i remember from the last couple of years i've been playing...

in a weird way it's kind of comforting to fight with and against folks who have ID's i've been used to seeing over time...
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    @geonsocal I've been waiting to see any familiar IDs while playing Destiny 2. So far none. Good you're noticing familiar IDs on ESO. For me, it feels like I recognize less.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @geonsocal I've been waiting to see any familiar IDs while playing Destiny 2. So far none. Good you're noticing familiar IDs on ESO. For me, it feels like I recognize less.

@PhxOldGamer68 ...the late night crew (around 11pm p.s.t.) normally involves a lot of folks from the leaderboards...when all cp players consolidated in to Vivec a lot of the new names made it a little confusing at times...

now i'm seeing a lot of the same names I've been fighting against and with for the last couple of years...
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well AD it looks like you got your gooch back, you are saved. ;)
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to really look forward to getting into PVP after work. Now I can hardly stomach a half hour of it. There was something about the Morrowind update that killed it for me.