Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What is People's Issue With VMA Tokens?

• Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    vMA would be more fun if we could just buy vMA weapons with crowns.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Soundwave
    Soundwave
    ✭✭✭
    vMA would be more fun if we could just buy vMA weapons with crowns.

I agree, the balancing in the game is bad. Lets add something that makes it worse. Just put then on crown u will make a huge profit and everyone will get what they without any effort anymore.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont do VMA. I've tried, got to around Sehts flywheel, then quit because that's as far as I got with my tank build.

I dont do VMA because the difficulty is not in line with the droprate.

I've never rolled Stam DPS because of Vigor and the VMA weapons are needed to maximize potential.

Work's not in line with the reward. Them''s my stance and I'm sticking to it. People wanting a token for a guarentee of compensation for hard work being so bad as to be selling these things on the crown store? I didn't get the arguements about of before, but this is a whole new level of crazy.

At the end of the day the people who did the old hard content dont want the ability to get the weapons to be easier because they feel it somehow invalidates their geting of the weapon. It dont. Your accomplishment is not living proof the content is fine, rather the exeption that proves the rule. And said accomplishment still stands on it's own as a testiment to your prowess. You do not lose any respect. Rather, you gain it. Because you did it back before it was easy. I say, bring the token system with the sharpened trait so the people who can do VMA repeatedly dont have to suffer anymore than they allready have.

I'd like to end my time on this thread with one simple thing. When a person calls something 'grinding' instead of a 'gameplay loop', it's being refered in the negative. If you enjoy it, it's not grinding. And I've never heard VMA called a gameplay loop. I've heard it callled a grind.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on September 11, 2016 3:57AM
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soundwave wrote: »
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Read my second point again.

... Which is why I said if a token system was implemented, everyone could have a better shot at getting what they wanted. Not just me. As I am fully aware that everyone has their bad encounters with RNG. WTF? O_O

Everyone wants an easier way to get gear, *** I want to magically log on and be 531. Although realistically if that happen I probably would uninstall the game and leave.

Token system would set eso into totally different direction. Why not just put maelstrom on the crown stone and then everyone can get them 1500 crowns and u get the way u want it. Kind of the same thing, just like adding a token system.

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png

What? It's not even close to the same thing as putting Maelstrom weapons in the crown store. WTF? Lmao. :D ZOS could easily do it like they did the undaunted chests, as someone else mentioned. And have you be able to turn in tokens or keys for Maelstrom weapons. Lol. The man said putting maelstrom weapons in the crown store would be similar to a token system. Bruh.

Bruh, seriously...bruh. A token system would just crater to the wrong crowd. Not going to happen, you're see an increase in gear lvl way before and than guess what bruh. U can do it all over again oh the fortune. I honestly love it, I like working for something and not get handed something because the game is not nice.

I feel like running the same thing a bunch of times and hoping really hard that you are going to get something completely random to drop doesn't really fits the definition of "working for it".

Now, accumulating tokens little by little through several runs sounds more like "working for it", to me.

Is entering the same raffle multiple times hoping to win a car "working for it"? Or is it saving money to buy a car "working for it" instead? I guess it depends on your definition, in the end.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Let's say that currently a specific vMA weapons takes, on average, 5 hours to win (it is probably much more).

At a low wage rate, such an item would cost $50 of a players time to win ($10/hour).

If the vMA weapons were to be offered for let's say $50 each, then players would be, at least, breaking even on such a transaction. This neglects to mention that such a purchase would help support the game and developers.

We have a P2W system already. Now it is time to advance that system so that everyone can have better chances of enjoying the game to a greater capacity.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    Have you even done Maelstrom? if not leave this dam thread.

Irrelevant and a fallacy.
    Lmao what? You've got to be kidding me. Go run vma 100+ times and get back to us when you don't get your desired weapon with a decent trait. You realize people want these weapons so they can actually go play the game right? It's an MMO...no one wants to be stuck in a solo grind. Sure you can do just fine without the weapons, but for those who care about pulling top dps...good luck doing that without maelstrom drops. Especially if you're stam.

I would venture to say 99% who have ACTUALLY COMPLETED VMA would be for a token system. Since you basically singled yourself out as someone who hasn't done it, I'd say it's what you're posting that's irrelevant.
  • Soundwave
    Soundwave
    ✭✭✭

Lmao what? You've got to be kidding me. Go run vma 100+ times and get back to us when you don't get your desired weapon with a decent trait. You realize people want these weapons so they can actually go play the game right? It's an MMO...no one wants to be stuck in a solo grind. Sure you can do just fine without the weapons, but for those who care about pulling top dps...good luck doing that without maelstrom drops. Especially if you're stam.

I would venture to say 99% who have ACTUALLY COMPLETED VMA would be for a token system. Since you basically singled yourself out as someone who hasn't done it, I'd say it's what you're posting that's irrelevant.

Maelstrom weapons worse thing have ever add to the game. When a weapon increase your dps 15k, every try hard is going find a way to get them easier. So much whining and cry about these weapons lately. They are just ruining the repetition of the eso.

Remember its just a game, and no matter how good that weapon is; you're still just in your mom basement.
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maelstrom weapons worse thing have ever add to the game. When a weapon increase your dps 15k, every try hard is going find a way to get them easier. So much whining and cry about these weapons lately. They are just ruining the repetition of the eso.

Remember its just a game, and no matter how good that weapon is; you're still just in your mom basement.
    No ZOs ruined ESO repetition.The base game PVE content is mind mumbling boring and easy it no point in doing it more than once.MA weapons are really not the worst thing I can name 10 things worst and more harmful to the game.Dam dude why you making judgment about people and their lives when you don't even know them. You don't have to be a no life kid to beat VetMA,it just takes time to learn it plus you can save the round you are on.

Thanks @Stoopid_Nwah couldn't have said it better myself.
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand the issue with tokens. I don't get it. Why? Outside of selfishness, what is the logic behind not wanting a token system in a grueling place like VMA? Because selfishness is the only form of logic I can see explaining an issue with a token system.

People say all the time, "Oh, ESO is too casual friendly. They're making everything too easy nowadays. People should have to grind and suffer, just as I and others I know of had to suffer. Now that I have gotten what it is that I needed, I'm done with my grind in VMA. And to hell with anyone else who has not gotten what it is that thet seek." That is selfish. Why? Why would you want you fellow gamer to have to endure grinding in a place like VMA, with no light at the end of the tunnel. Why? That's sick and that's wrong.

Coming from someone who has beaten VMA numerous times, and has best-in-slot gear for stamina-based builds (when I want destruction staves)? I'd love for there to be a token system implemented. I don't want to see people struggle. I don't want people to have to spend months in something as unforgiving as VMA. As is only a small population of people within the ESO community can beat the Maelstrom Arena on veteran difficulty. And an even smaller percentage have beaten it, and gotten what it is that they're looking for precisely. Why make these people's lives more difficult than it has to be? Why? Did these people not complete VMA? Did some of them not complete it tons of times, and farm it for months? Where as you who have an issue with a token system have gotten your sharpened weapons pre-DB? What makes your time so much more special than another person? Even more than that, why would you want your fellow gamer to have to endure something as intense and stressful as Maelstrom? You guys tell me, who have an issue with it. I'd love to know.

Oh and as a side note, keep your off-topic and sneak-dissing to yourself about how I'm just trying to add fuel to the fire or "stir the pot". That crap is just that. Crap. And it is deconstructive and rude. Instead of hating on me, and trying to bust my chops for being so outspoken about things I'm passionate about? Maybe you should look into things that excites you, or makes you want to be so outspoken about them. Rather than looking to bait and flame someone who plays the same game as you, and on a free, official, forum, of this same game. =\

I've beat VMA a few time, and I cant see how this so called token system would be any better than the way it is now. you now get a weapon when you complete, and so would the token system.

my proposal, that I've posted in this forum is to allow all the people that have completed VMA with the Stormproof Title to trade one a one for one basis with any that has finished it as well as is wearing the stormproof title, and do it face to face. that way you can find what your looking for among the 10 percent or so that have completed it.
  • MrAppleman
    MrAppleman
    ✭✭✭
    Bad idea.
    I don't believe it would or should ever happen but let's say it might.
    If you considered the current low intentional RNG rate and factor that in to getting the exact type and trait you're looking at a much higher grind. If you think it'll be easier you're ignorant

Let's look at what was done with cyrodil town vendors. Where heavy offensive bags cost 10k ap each, item set specific sets cost 50k ap each. The loot table was also vastly increased. Even though you can choose exactly which set there is still rng.

Icp and wgt chests? 2 pieces out of 5 with any trait on the table. And just to open the chest you need to run the dungeon 5 times. That's 3 hours to get 2 random trait pieces.

How do you think you're token idea would make it into the game? I'm telling you, ZOS would make it nothing like you want. Based on zos's current low rng, ap bags and IC key chests you would spend far more time collecting tokens than if you were to stick to current method.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I found that running vMSA on a stamina build gives some really nice magic weapons whereas running it on a mage build gives a flood of BiS stamina weapons :lol:
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dazza1968 wrote: »
    If VMA ever got a token system, which I dont think will or should ever happen, then a token system would be requested for all activities down the line.
    I dont have my sharpened weapons yet either and am still against tokens for the above reason. Just my 2 cents.

Not to mention zos would owe me hundreds of tokens. May as well give me the Dev tool in fact so I can gift me everything I want.

Pretty much this
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade