Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What is People's Issue With VMA Tokens?

• AtmaDarkwolf
    AtmaDarkwolf
    ✭✭✭
    oh must be someone else then (I swore i saw it like 4-5 times... lol... maybe i just saw it multiple times?

• DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Changed my mind. Just got a mace and shield. Charged and well fitted. given me a frikin token system now.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh must be someone else then (I swore i saw it like 4-5 times... lol... maybe i just saw it multiple times?

I don't know. As I said, I only posted it twice. And those are my images, as I literally took those screen shots via PS4, and got them off PSN via app on my phone. Then just uploaded them to Imgur, and then here. Lol.
  • Soundwave
    Soundwave
    ✭✭✭
    Token system is great idea, just not for maelstrom arena. That opens up a whole slur of problems, while u believe it might help. It would honestly to more harm than good. Everyone wants balancing fix, this would make thing worse.

But I would get what I want, what about the people that dont want to or even try to finish the arena. Why do they have to suffer and since everyone has the ability to get op weapon. Pug/guild and groups in general would demand that u had a maelstrom weapon. If not than u dont raid, u get kicked from groups.

Causes more problems, though a token system for maybe class set or even monster set that everyone had excess to. For instance unduanted vendor, instead of chest option.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    why do you keep linking that same pic whenever any thread is talking about maelstrom? starting to think your trying to troll/brag because its almost guaranteed if a thread has maelstrom in it, you link your 'perfect' drops. LOL

I linked it twice, and I linked it here as a joke/tease to Vaoh. It's an inside joke from PSN.

Yup :neutral:
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    why do you keep linking that same pic whenever any thread is talking about maelstrom? starting to think your trying to troll/brag because its almost guaranteed if a thread has maelstrom in it, you link your 'perfect' drops. LOL

I linked it twice, and I linked it here as a joke/tease to Vaoh. It's an inside joke from PSN.

Yup :neutral:

Lol. :D
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should just have the weekend vendor sell the weapons. Problem solved. Well at least for me it would be solved because I will never beat vMA and I have accepted that. I mean the game was advertised as "Play the way you want to play" and the way I want to play is to have everything handed to me so I never get better by doing the actual content to obtain the gear. Id rather be a scrub with good gear than a good player with no gear.
    I hope this is sarcasm.

It is. If everything was handed to me I would quit before I even started
  • Travestynox
    Travestynox
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand the issue with tokens. I don't get it. Why? Outside of selfishness, what is the logic behind not wanting a token system in a grueling place like VMA?\

First off, the only selfishness I see is that you (and others) only think of yourself and your experience in VMA. I see people get what they want from VMA, some dont however, thats random for you. It really shouldnt be a guaranteed reward, no matter how many times you run it. A token system will never ever happen in a game like this, no matter how much you theorycraft how it would be and what the rewards would be like. Forget IC, it's not the same.

Second, you're selfish not to include the 99% of other players who suffers from the same bad rng, and the same bad traits. Please understand that you're not special just because just spent hundreds of hours trying to get what you want. You're not entitled to anything just because you spent those hours. It's RANDOM. You knew that going in.

That said, the rng should be better, and the traits should be reworked. But for the whole game, not just VMA.

Lastly. You post a lot of threads about VMA. A couple of days ago, you were going to take a break. I posted that if you really felt so exhausted doing this, yes it would be a healthy, sensible choice to give it a rest. Now you're back at it?
    Again, with my best intentions, if this game and VMA in particular is so troublesome for you, take a break and I hope you return invigorated. :) I really do!

• Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand the issue with tokens. I don't get it. Why? Outside of selfishness, what is the logic behind not wanting a token system in a grueling place like VMA?\

First off, the only selfishness I see is that you (and others) only think of yourself and your experience in VMA. I see people get what they want from VMA, some dont however, thats random for you. It really shouldnt be a guaranteed reward, no matter how many times you run it. A token system will never ever happen in a game like this, no matter how much you theorycraft how it would be and what the rewards would be like. Forget IC, it's not the same.

Second, you're selfish not to include the 99% of other players who suffers from the same bad rng, and the same bad traits. Please understand that you're not special just because just spent hundreds of hours trying to get what you want. You're not entitled to anything just because you spent those hours. It's RANDOM. You knew that going in.

That said, the rng should be better, and the traits should be reworked. But for the whole game, not just VMA.

Lastly. You post a lot of threads about VMA. A couple of days ago, you were going to take a break. I posted that if you really felt so exhausted doing this, yes it would be a healthy, sensible choice to give it a rest. Now you're back at it?
    Again, with my best intentions, if this game and VMA in particular is so troublesome for you, take a break and I hope you return invigorated. :) I really do!

So, I'm selfish for wanting a token system implemented, so that more people can get what they want in VMA...? What? By definition I am not selfish.

Selfish (adj.) 1. devoted to or caring only for oneself; concerned primarily with one's own interests, benefits, welfare, etc., regardless of others.

By that definition, I am not selfish. I'm wanting something implemented that can help EVERYONE reach their goal(s), and less their grinding. Not only me. Nor am I thinking about only me with this in mind. I never thought about only me. And if you read these numerous threads I've posted about VMA, the subject or core of the threads were never with them being centered on strictly me and everything benefiting only me. As that would be selfish. But instead, I have posted things that I feel could help others besides me. I've posted suggestions and things that others can relate to (e.g. the VMA intensity thread I made about how 1 mistake can snowball into numerous mistakes).

But okay. I suppose we are all free to interpret things however we want, and be entitled to our opinion(s). By your opinion, I'm selfish for wanting a token system to be established. Lol. In my opinion, those who are against a token system after already getting what they wanted, and not wanting for others to have an easier time getting what they want are selfish. :D
  • Travestynox
    Travestynox
    ✭✭✭
    Read my second point again.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

... Which is why I said if a token system was implemented, everyone could have a better shot at getting what they wanted. Not just me. As I am fully aware that everyone has their bad encounters with RNG. WTF? O_O
  • AtAfternoon
    AtAfternoon
    ✭✭✭
    If I understood their panels at PAX they've changed their itemization philosophy so that getting the gear you want is fairly easy while the grind and randomness appears when you want to minmax and looking for the perfect trait.

A token system where you at the very least would be able to pick the weapon your wanted with a randomized trait would align pretty well with that philosophy.
  • Travestynox
    Travestynox
    ✭✭✭
    My bad mate, apperently I worded it wrong. Sorry for that.

Read it like this:

Second, you're selfish not to include the 99% of other players who suffers from the same bad rng, and the same bad traits in the rest of the game.

Look, I'll make it really clear. You guys post tons of topics on how VMA is unfair and rng is unfair and how traits are unfair. I do hope you realise it's the same for every player doing anything ever in this game?

That's why I think you're being selfish. You focus solely on the miniscule percentage of players doing VMA, and neglect the vast majority of other players.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I understood their panels at PAX they've changed their itemization philosophy so that getting the gear you want is fairly easy while the grind and randomness appears when you want to minmax and looking for the perfect trait.

A token system where you at the very least would be able to pick the weapon your wanted with a randomized trait would align pretty well with that philosophy.

Awesome and interesting. What did they say specifically about their itemization philosophy? Do you remember? Is it going to be like a "smart loot" thing, where as magicka build users get magicka-oriented sets and what not? Or is it that things like inferno staves, and things wanted by the community are going to have higher drop-rates? Because I know for a fact inferno staves have the lowest drop-rate out of all Maelstrom weapons, and the sharpened trait is also the lowest regarding drop-rate encounter chance.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on September 11, 2016 1:44AM
  • Soundwave
    Soundwave
    ✭✭✭

... Which is why I said if a token system was implemented, everyone could have a better shot at getting what they wanted. Not just me. As I am fully aware that everyone has their bad encounters with RNG. WTF? O_O

Everyone wants an easier way to get gear, *** I want to magically log on and be 531. Although realistically if that happen I probably would uninstall the game and leave.

Token system would set eso into totally different direction. Why not just put maelstrom on the crown stone and then everyone can get them 1500 crowns and u get the way u want it. Kind of the same thing, just like adding a token system.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soundwave wrote: »

Everyone wants an easier way to get gear, *** I want to magically log on and be 531. Although realistically if that happen I probably would uninstall the game and leave.

Token system would set eso into totally different direction. Why not just put maelstrom on the crown stone and then everyone can get them 1500 crowns and u get the way u want it. Kind of the same thing, just like adding a token system.

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png

What? It's not even close to the same thing as putting Maelstrom weapons in the crown store. WTF? Lmao. :D ZOS could easily do it like they did the undaunted chests, as someone else mentioned. And have you be able to turn in tokens or keys for Maelstrom weapons. Lol. The man said putting maelstrom weapons in the crown store would be similar to a token system. Bruh.
  • AtAfternoon
    AtAfternoon
    ✭✭✭

Awesome and interesting. What did they say specifically about their itemization philosophy? Do you remember? Is it going to be like a "smart loot" thing, where as magicka build users get magicka-oriented sets and what not? Or is it that things like inferno staves, and things wanted by the community are going to have higher drop-rates? Because I know for a fact inferno staves have the lowest drop-rate out of all Maelstrom weapons, and the sharpened trait is also the lowest regarding drop-rate encounter chance.

Saw it during one of their twitch streams, this it was during one of the One Tamriel panels. I may have read too much into it tho.

But if you as a player want Silks of the Sun and you want it in jewelry, you as a player will be able to know that you'll get it from doing dolmens in Stonefalls. So getting it shouldn't be too much of an issue. And each overworld set follow this kind of logic. A certain kind of boss drops a certain kind of set.

Getting the right trait is another issue. So it's nothing as fancy as "smart loot".
    Edited by AtAfternoon on September 11, 2016 1:54AM
  • Soundwave
    Soundwave
    ✭✭✭

What? It's not even close to the same thing as putting Maelstrom weapons in the crown store. WTF? Lmao. :D ZOS could easily do it like they did the undaunted chests, as someone else mentioned. And have you be able to turn in tokens or keys for Maelstrom weapons. Lol. The man said putting maelstrom weapons in the crown store would be similar to a token system. Bruh.

Bruh, seriously...bruh. A token system would just crater to the wrong crowd. Not going to happen, you're see an increase in gear lvl way before and than guess what bruh. U can do it all over again oh the fortune. I honestly love it, I like working for something and not get handed something because the game is not nice.
  • neville_bart0s
    neville_bart0s
    ✭✭✭
    dont go into VMA trying to get weapons, go in there trying to get better. any scrub can get a sharpend 2h on their first run but who cares if noone knows who you are.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bruh, seriously...bruh. A token system would just crater to the wrong crowd. Not going to happen, you're see an increase in gear lvl way before and than guess what bruh. U can do it all over again oh the fortune. I honestly love it, I like working for something and not get handed something because the game is not nice.

... So let me ask you this. If we swapped places, and you've done something as challenging and intense as VMA hundreds of times... And you still haven't gotten what it is you seek.... You'd still make those claims, and feel as though you like working for something and not being handed it? I'm not even saying I want something handed to me, but at least let there be a light at the end of the tunnel, bruh. At least cast the illusion that we aren't working for disappointment in the end, and try to encourage the hustle and grind. C'mon bruh. I know people who are in the 400+ number of VMA clears, and STILL have not gotten a single inferno staff of any kind. Not 1. Not a single 1. And how do you think they feel, bruh-bruh. They feel miserable. Some even quit ESO entirely due to getting fed-up with the RNG system at hand.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they don't exist,that's my issue
  • Travestynox
    Travestynox
    ✭✭✭
  • Soundwave
    Soundwave
    ✭✭✭

... So let me ask you this. If we swapped places, and you've done something as challenging and intense as VMA hundreds of times... And you still haven't gotten what it is you seek.... You'd still make those claims, and feel as though you like working for something and not being handed it? I'm not even saying I want something handed to me, but at least let there be a light at the end of the tunnel, bruh. At least cast the illusion that we aren't working for disappointment in the end, and try to encourage the hustle and grind. C'mon bruh. I know people who are in the 400+ number of VMA clears, and STILL have not gotten a single inferno staff of any kind. Not 1. Not a single 1. And how do you think they feel, bruh-bruh. They feel miserable. Some even quit ESO entirely due to getting fed-up with the RNG system at hand.

I played wow for 6 years, and I spent years farming different raids for mounts. I collect over 200 different mount. The lich king mount sucks, the chopper from the other raid icecrown sucked just bad. I understand the grind, it doesn't bother me. Its a rush she u findly get something u worked yourself off for. A token system takes that away. No self worth anymore.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I played wow for 6 years, and I spent years farming different raids for mounts. I collect over 200 different mount. The lich king mount sucks, the chopper from the other raid icecrown sucked just bad. I understand the grind, it doesn't bother me. Its a rush she u findly get something u worked yourself off for. A token system takes that away. No self worth anymore.

You have a very interesting view of gaming, and grinding. I can't hate on a person for their preferences and likes, and won't. I gotta respect it. But, honestly? Me personally...? I don't play ESO to clear content for years to get a single thing. N'ah bruh. Lol. And I think a lot of people are in the same boat as me on that. And again, please don't misunderstand what I'm saying. I don't want anything to be handed to me, as I too enjoy earning things. But, spending months and years straight farming for 1 single drop...? That's not entertainment to me. That's not why I play video games.
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What are you smoking kid?Have you even done Maelstrom? if not leave this dam thread.Their people who has done this dam arena 100s almost a 1000 times and still don't have their weapons its stupid.Adding a token system to VMA hurts no one and helps and will probably bring back all the players who quit because of it.Its the furthest thing from pay to win because you actually have to do the content.if that's the case MOL gear P2W VEt MA in general is P2W in your definition.
  • Soundwave
    Soundwave
    ✭✭✭
    The option for a token system, would be this u get one token for completing a vma and u need 200 to buy a weapon.
  • Travestynox
    Travestynox
    ✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    Have you even done Maelstrom? if not leave this dam thread.

Irrelevant and a fallacy.
  • Soundwave
    Soundwave
    ✭✭✭

What are you smoking kid?Have you even done Maelstrom? if not leave this dam thread.Their people who has done this dam arena 100s almost a 1000 times and still don't have their weapons its stupid.Adding a token system to VMA hurts no one and helps and will probably bring back all the players who quit because of it.Its the furthest thing from pay to win because you actually have to do the content.if that's the case MOL gear P2W VEt MA in general is P2W in your definition.

I dont understand y u are so butt hurt about me and other against token system. Realistically u have to buy content for the vma anyways, so it is kind of p2w.
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont understand y u are so butt hurt about me and other against token system. Realistically u have to buy content for the vma anyways, so it is kind of p2w.
    So every DLC that release a new set in your eyes is pay to win.So because people will actually be able to get the weapons they need you are against it.
  • Soundwave
    Soundwave
    ✭✭✭
    Realistically u can pay the game for free after u buy base game. So yes all content that is added is kind of like p2W.