Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Viper's Sting - Another Broken Exploiting Set (Worse then Storm Knight)

• HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My fix for part of this, add a GCD on item sets, so multiple set procs don't burst at once. We can fix this item set, but you know the next broken set is right around the corner unless we get something that helps balance the burst of multiple sets.
    Edited by HeroOfNone on September 14, 2016 7:37PM
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    24f11f4a5f.png

It almost procs on every light attack that's been weaved between skills. :trollface:

Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That was found out a while ago already when Torug's was changed. 100% uptime on SD/WD enchants.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    raviour wrote: »
    some bows skills are melee - bombard and magnum are close range only, it should be set to proc from a certain distance but we dont need even more calculations around us...

no bow abilities class as melee or else they would have proc'd viper. did anyone watch my video thats in this very thread disproving that?

distance makes no difference either which i also showcase in my video.
    PS4 NA DC
  • ostrapz
    ostrapz
    ✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/vOwg-gLjnTU

Two things ive posted here. The screenshot is from 2 moths ago before widowmaker for clarity. You can clearly see there is only 1 suprise attack followed by two seperate viper sting procs.

The video has two clips. In the second clip its pretty simple. I duel the guy and if you look closely right before i die at the 44 second mark he barswaps to inject( if you listen close you can hear the arrow) and then i die before his next attack. You can see the damage numbers from the vipers sting proc by me and he hadnt even turned to face me for crit charge yet.In the first video note you can see a posion inject hit me coming from the tower from the person who procced the viper. If you look around flag there are only magicka builds. Its hard to see his name but the guy hops off the tower right when the video ends with his bow still in hand. There isnt any1 in melee distance other than the magnb so hopefully its not underquestion whether that was the person who killed me, if so ill post unedited video. I think this set is completely broken in multiple ways and im eager to see people try to debunk how this is happening
    Xbox 1 NA
    Stamblade: Grand overlord
    Stamsorc: Major
    Magplar: Centurion
    551k vma
  • ostrapz
    ostrapz
    ✭✭✭
    https://postimg.org/image/8p8ym8qqt/

Image link for the double proc here. Sorry for double post
    Xbox 1 NA
    551k vma
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ostrapz wrote: »
    https://postimg.org/image/8p8ym8qqt/

Image link for the double proc here. Sorry for double post

Your death recap is the totaled damage you took befor you died. You just died in between 4 seconds of those viper procs. This does not mean you were double proc'd at the same time rather you were hit once, 4 seconds later hit again then died.

Same thing with the poison injection in your first video. The damage you see is the totaled damage. The viper was the killing blow that proc'd from the hurricane.

Viper is not procing more then once or from any bow abilitys light or heavy attacks. I have video proof of testing.
    PS4 NA DC
  • ostrapz
    ostrapz
    ✭✭✭
    @GreenSoup2HoT idk what you mean by total damage in screenshot when there is only 1 direct damage attack being suprise attack with 2 seperate procs. My first video is not total damage of a poison inject, if you watch it i wasnt under an injection dot and you can literally see the arrow hit me go back and watch it. And in the duel viper doesntt proc from hurricane and if it did wouldnt that be broken in itself. If it procced from hurricane even if hurricane wasnt in recape you would see the damage number from hurricane and then viper sting proc but if you look the only number that procs is the viper sting number
    Xbox 1 NA
    551k vma
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ostrapz

Your screenshot displays 2 people hitting you with viper. Whats funny is its the ambush that proc'd it. You cant even see what proc'd the second hit.

In the video with the sap essence, that one does look like it proc'd from poison inj but in reality, viper procs before any melee damage. So you cannot see the hit since viper killed you.

In the duel, in the first place its weird to not see any hurricane damage as you were standing in it for quiet a long time. All though its the same situtation as the first clip. When viper proc'd, its damage hits before the melee so you just dont see the melee hit that proc'd it on your death recap.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on September 17, 2016 6:28PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • ostrapz
    ostrapz
    ✭✭✭
    @GreenSoup2HoT no my screenshot its only 1 nb with viper if you loook again. And if viper shows up before the attack then why is the first viper proc after his melee attack. Theres 1 attack with 2 procs, while viper does usually proc beforehand you can see thats not the case wish i has that vid as well. Like i said with the stamsorc he was still turning to look at me so his attack still couldnt even be launched not to mention his attack even if launched had yet to connect.

In the sap vid i already thought about what if he ambushed and the answer here is simple if you think about it. If he had ambushed at me he would have been placed down near me, instead you can see he hops off the tower after im dead so no melee attack could have taken place from up there ( for what its worth that same guy has killed me from keep walls with inject viper without ever moving off the wall so i think hes doing something to proc it)

At the very least viper is proccing at the moment you press your gapclose button and before your character even begins the animation i believe
    Xbox 1 NA
    551k vma
  • Randomgamers
    Randomgamers
    ✭✭
    @ostrapz

You died because his Hurricane proc'd Viper, which is working as intended.
    Jams-PvP
  • ostrapz
    ostrapz
    ✭✭✭
    @Randomgamers I literally tested if hurricane procs on viper the moment that video ends with that stamsorc and it does not. Not to mention hurricane proccing viper would be horrible game design, not even a melee attack
    Xbox 1 NA
    551k vma
  • Randomgamers
    Randomgamers
    ✭✭
    well it procs vipers, jsut saying i tested it
    Jams-PvP
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    well it procs vipers, jsut saying i tested it

lol your funny. took you a couple weeks to reply back. xD i think its funny how the guy your talking to doesnt get it.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bow... Cough... Enchants... Cough... Viper...
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Please remove all these "Press button to randomly proc ridiculously high damage attack" sets. They have nothing to do with player skill.

I own Viper in legendary quality, but if one day I woke up to find it gone because ZOS removed every proc set in the game, I would cry with happiness.
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was found out a while ago already when Torug's was changed. 100% uptime on SD/WD enchants.

I'd actually been considering this but couldn't decide if a SD glyph was better than a direct damage glyph in PVP.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please remove all these "Press button to randomly proc ridiculously high damage attack" sets. They have nothing to do with player skill.

Agree 110%, these silly sets at ruining the game pretty much, poorly tested and just garbage, maybe if they worked properly they would be ok, but the QA at ZOS is a joke, /sigh
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting viper proc on this combo.

Focused aim > light cancel > poison injection then pew pew poison as a finisher. Combo I have been using for years.

I'm not sure if velidreth firing (but not hitting) is making it proc.

I don't check my logs all the time but only really noticed this when a banana sent me a tell that he was reporting me for exploiting! That was a bit of a shock and led me to this forum thread.

Exploiting accusations hardly seem fair for something that is happening either by design or by error.

Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on November 20, 2016 3:55PM
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@martinhpb16_ESO Poison and Disease enchants are considered melee. Since they have a 4 second cool-down like Viper, anything you do with Weapon skills will proc viper because of this.
    PS4 NA DC
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @martinhpb16_ESO Poison and Disease enchants are considered melee. Since they have a 4 second cool-down like Viper, anything you do with Weapon skills will proc viper because of this.

Sweet ty for info :) Poison on my bow
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is proccing off disease and poison enchants that are applied to bows, but does not proc off bow abilities or light/heavy attacks.
    Edited by Kutsuu on November 21, 2016 1:45PM
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we want more prco sets....when you look at the enemy...you proc a silent sneez on them causing them to fly in air for 50 meters and then land with environmental and fall damage which might result in insta kill....
    Edited by UrbanMonk on November 21, 2016 2:36PM
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.