Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/662078/

Viper's Sting - Another Broken Exploiting Set (Worse then Storm Knight)

RinaldoGandolphi
RinaldoGandolphi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno

The Viper's String 5 piece bonus says:
(5 items) Your Melee Attacks deal 8311 Poison damage. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds.

Well Bow abilities like Poison Injection are procing this sets bonus...so folks are getting people with unavoiable Viper's String procs from bow distance and range which is completely broken.

The people doing this in PVP know darn well this is broken, So i suggest folks start reporting anyone who kills them with Viper String while using a Bow because the set is NOT supposed to function this way....if you get hit with this ability and they are wearing Viper its impossible to dodge.

Just though you may want to know....
Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
Officer Fire and Ice
Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• IxskullzxI
    IxskullzxI
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I died by a guy who spammed bow light attacks with a viper proc after every one. Super fun.
    #HowDoYouLikeYourDK?
    Options
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IxskullzxI wrote: »
    Yesterday I died by a guy who spammed bow light attacks with a viper proc after every one. Super fun.

Viper has a cooldown of 4 seconds. No way he could only spam bow light attacks with nothing in between and viper proccing on every one.

Btw I hate viper/veli with a passion, but do not spread lies atleast :wink:
    EU | PC
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes it has a cooldown but it's still proc off attacks like poison injection when it shouldn't be and the proc is unavoidable that's just flat out broken.

Storm knight was avoidable but this...with as many pew pew archers now good luck with that

Why is there so much broken stuff in this game
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • IxskullzxI
    IxskullzxI
    ✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »

Viper has a cooldown of 4 seconds. No way he could only spam bow light attacks with nothing in between and viper proccing on every one.

Well that's what my death recap was.
    #HowDoYouLikeYourDK?
    Options
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a guild mate rant yesterday about broken viper was.

So we went and tested it and it he ate his words it's super strong but last I checked not broken.

And it does not proc of poison injection at least not on US PS4, over personally tested it.

Useless there is done special sequence of event you have to do to proc which I don't know, in which case is a bug/exploit that needs the steps reported to be fixed.
    Options
  • scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »

So we went and tested it and it he ate his words it's super strong but last I checked not broken.

And it does not proc of poison injection at least not on US PS4, over personally tested it.

Useless there is done special sequence of event you have to do to proc which I don't know, in which case is a bug/exploit that needs the steps reported to be fixed.

There is a special combo that allows it to proc using a bow. I personally don't have that combo, but I've seen it. When I first saw it I thought "Yeah, I gotta get that!" But the more I though about it I saw is obviously an exploit.

Of course I'm not going to give details, though.

So yeah, I agree - send a video in. Its just like any other exploit.

Options
  • AGrz5585
    AGrz5585
    ✭✭✭
    scorpiodog wrote: »
    acw37162 wrote: »

There is a special combo that allows it to proc using a bow. I personally don't have that combo, but I've seen it. When I first saw it I thought "Yeah, I gotta get that!" But the more I though about it I saw is obviously an exploit.

Of course I'm not going to give details, though.

So yeah, I agree - send a video in. Its just like any other exploit.

This... I use the set on my stamblade and sometimes it will proceed with poison injection + heavy attack combo and sometimes it won't
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not good and now another broken set by ZOS that will lead to reports . I can't even stand to walk into Cyrodiil . I will report the bug but I'm not policing players anymore . What if somebody landed this combo by accident and got into trouble ? That would be messed up . This is bad set design and coding . ZOS should hotfix if true immediately .
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It also proc off Lethal Arrow. I was killed a few minutes ago and the 1st two items in my kill cap was Lethal Arrow and Vipers Sting and combat log statistics showed Viper String priced off Lethal Arrow

It seems to be proc off poison based damage somehow regardless of distance from target..cute
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Options
  • LegendaryChef
    LegendaryChef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention it procs BEFORE the attack itself, say you use a light attack which will proc viper, the viper damage actually strikes before the light attack..... Which doesn't really make much sense
    Zzoro/Elliot Brown/Baldy ~Kitesquad/Noricum~
    PC EU.
    Spider mount was the only good part about morrowind release.
    Options
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Coat of the Red Mountain procs over 10k fire damage every 2 seconds if applied correctly, so its more op. On my DK this set does from 1/3 to 1/2 of my total damage. Unfortunately i dont do mutch as a DK (10k-25k DPS) with less to none regen ( the hardest class for vMSA)
    Options
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bow attack -> switch to your melee wpn and tada you get a Viper proc.
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
    Options
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iyas wrote: »
    Bow attack -> switch to your melee wpn and tada you get a Viper proc.

this
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

Options
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waiting on ZOS to ban everyone exploiting this, including those who do it by accident (which is the majority from what I've experienced).

Options
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »

I've had a death recap like that.
    Options
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW, I don't know whether you guys know it or not, the Viper's Sting is shown in a wrong way in the Death Recap. It is shown before the ability proccing it rather than after it.
    Options
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well if someone opens up with a PI and weapon swaps to 2h you can hardly blame them for exploiting. Weapon swap mechanics have always worked kinda weird with the corresponding passives of the weapons or with sets.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
    Options
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    BTW, I don't know whether you guys know it or not, the Viper's Sting is shown in a wrong way in the Death Recap. It is shown before the ability proccing it rather than after it.

Its not wrong. Viper procs before the projectile or a charge hitting the target.
    For example, i press charge and Viper procs before im even near the target :trollface:
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
    Options
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The set does indeed proc off of bow attacks. It is possible it is only one skill but, I do have it proc against me by gank blades in 1v1 situations, along with poisons proccing with it.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
    Options
  • AGrz5585
    AGrz5585
    ✭✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »
    Well if someone opens up with a PI and weapon swaps to 2h you can hardly blame them for exploiting. Weapon swap mechanics have always worked kinda weird with the corresponding passives of the weapons or with sets.

This is true and weird as well. Fire off a heavy bow attack and weapon swap to 2h quick enough and you'll get the 2h forceful passive in the bow heavy attack.

Sometimes these bugs make me question ZoS
    Edited by AGrz5585 on September 10, 2016 1:50PM
    Options
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Viper needs a serious nerf, it is bugged now and it's insanly powerful, you'll see on the fix.
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
    Options
  • Zyn
    Zyn
    ✭✭
    I just tested this with viper on both bow and 2h. It did not proc on bow attacks or poison procs, whether on the bow bar OR when swapping to 2h.

Tested on PvE mobs
    Options
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elder Scrolls Sets Online.

Edited for inappropriate content
    Edited by ZOS_PeterT on September 17, 2016 4:54PM
    Aldonius Direnni - Vet Altmer Sorc (AD)
    Tyrus Telvanni - Vet Dunmer DK (AD)
    Al Donius Bundy - Vet Imperial NB (AD)
    Aldonius Brutus - Vet Orc DK (DC)
    Options
  • IxskullzxI
    IxskullzxI
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by IxskullzxI on September 11, 2016 3:55PM
    #HowDoYouLikeYourDK?
    Options
  • IxskullzxI
    IxskullzxI
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zyn wrote: »
    I just tested this with viper on both bow and 2h. It did not proc on bow attacks or poison procs, whether on the bow bar OR when swapping to 2h.

Tested on PvE mobs
    I think it just glitches out sometimes. I've had it proc on me in 1v1s before from bow attacks. Not always though.
    #HowDoYouLikeYourDK?
    Options
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love this set. But i hate that it does this. It's unavoidable while using poison on bow attacks, even glyphs on light attacks. You can't blame people. They have every right to run viper and use poison attacks.
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I almost broke down and put viper on my stamplar last night, this just confirms that I shouldn't, I animation cancel my poison injection by bar swapping into stampeded about 99% of the time so I'd have surely caused this bug to happen and given we have no combat log on consoles, I might not have even noticed
    Options
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bow counts as melee, strange as it sounds, and it's really not that broken that it procs on bow. Make it only work in a 5m ability and then only nightblades will be using it as they spam ambush and executes, making them even stronger. At least at this point most folks can use it.

But if you wanted to balance this, get it lower than sheer venom (which only works on execute like sheer venom but are significantly lower in damage) and lower the damage of widow maker & veldreth. The 3 of them are super burst at the moment and really affecting the TTK average.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey guys just recorded a short video to debunk any theories here.

Results:
    • Bow Light - Does not Proc
    • Bow Heavy - Does not Proc (not in video sorry)
    • Scatter Shot - Does not Proc
    • Shrouded Daggers - Does Proc (theres 3 numbers, 1 for skill, 1 for enchant, 1 for Viper)
    • Steel Tornado - Does Proc (3 numbers as well same as above ^)
    • If you want me to test any other skill just ask and ill be happy to provide another video

The only ranged ability from my tests that proc this set is Hidden Blade from the Duel Wield Skill-line. Not sure if this classes as a melee ability because your using a melee weapon. Probably should not be proc'ing this set but who knows.

In general, the proc's are probably coming from gap closer's after someone uses heavy bow/poison inj.

Just to note also on death recap's, Viper will always be first in the order.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9NvufH-edg&feature=youtu.be

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on September 12, 2016 2:27AM
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • melek-taus
    melek-taus
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys just recorded a short video to debunk any theories here.

Results:
    • Bow Light - Does not Proc
    • Bow Heavy - Does not Proc (not in video sorry)
    • Scatter Shot - Does not Proc
    • Shrouded Daggers - Does Proc (theres 3 numbers, 1 for skill, 1 for enchant, 1 for Viper)
    • Steel Tornado - Does Proc (3 numbers as well same as above ^)
    • If you want me to test any other skill just ask and ill be happy to provide another video

The only ranged ability from my tests that proc this set is Hidden Blade from the Duel Wield Skill-line. Not sure if this classes as a melee ability because your using a melee weapon. Probably should not be proc'ing this set but who knows.

In general, the proc's are probably coming from gap closer's after someone uses heavy bow/poison inj.

Just to note also on death recap's, Viper will always be first in the order.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9NvufH-edg&feature=youtu.be

Can you test Silver Shards? Fighters Guild ability. Dunno if its counted as melee or ranged, should be ranged I guess.
    EU/PC
    Malek Taus - VR16 Khajit Stamina GankKnight -

Will gank for Skooma....
    Options