The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Change Light Speaker 5-Piece Bonus to Magicka Damage Bonus

WuffyCerulei
WuffyCerulei
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Though I love the new overworld sets added to One Tamriel, one magicka-based set seems absolutely useless: the Light Speaker set.
c0f932ee4b.jpg
The spell damage bonus to Restoration staff abilities does ABSOLUTELY NO GOOD. All resto staff abilities heal, not do damage. Therefore, there is no practical use to the Light Speaker set. However, I suggest the bonus be changed to add spell damage to magicka damage abilites. I suggest this change because there is a new set that adds weapon damage to Physical damage:
11afb0eaf2.jpg
The Automaton set adds the weapon damage, and personally, I find this set overpowering to stamina builds. Many weapon and class abilites deal physical damage, and this would almost be a death sentence to magicka-builds PVP-wise. To counteract the overpowered Automaton set and the useless Light Speaker set, please change the Light Bringer 5-piece bonus to spell damage added to magicka damage abilities.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
@ZOS_RichLambert
@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad someone brought this up. This is just another example of how stamina is favored over magicka. Where is the set that boosts ALL magic damage like how the Automaton set boosts all physical damage?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Automaton don't boost poison/disease damage, so it don't boost all stamina-based damage. But still, the largest part of stamina attack are physical.
    A magicka version won't change a lot except for magplar/NB in pvp, because they are the only one who mainly use pure magic damage. in pve, DK have sun, sorc have nothing (because splitted damage between fire/shock), and templar/NB will loose too much because meteor, fire medium attack and fire wall is a large part of their dps.

We need an another solution. I don't know what yet, but still.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »
    Automaton don't boost poison/disease damage, so it don't boost all stamina-based damage. But still, the largest part of stamina attack are physical.
    A magicka version won't change a lot except for magplar/NB in pvp, because they are the only one who mainly use pure magic damage. in pve, DK have sun, sorc have nothing (because splitted damage between fire/shock), and templar/NB will loose too much because meteor, fire medium attack and fire wall is a large part of their dps.

We need an another solution. I don't know what yet, but still.

Sorcs do way more shock and magic damage, and DKs can still use Silks of the Sun in PVP. The bonus flame damage will help. But all 4 classes have magic damage abilites, like sorcs with frags, mines, and velocious curse, and DKs with almost every other DK magicka skill that doesn't do flame damage.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In the end, adding spell damage to resto abilities is like adding cold damage buffs to a DK, absolutely pointless.
  • Ivan04
    Ivan04
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe OP doesn't know that healing scales off weapon/spell damage?
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ivan04 wrote: »

No I didn't, but I have a healer who has low spell damage and amazing heals through sets, CP, and passives.
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even so it doesn't change the fact that there is no 386 spell damage for magicka damage abilities set.
    Edited by Hiero_Glyph on September 3, 2016 7:43PM
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No I didn't, but I have a healer who has low spell damage and amazing heals through sets, CP, and passives.

The fact remains that the 386 Spell Damage from this set will make every Restoration staff ability heal harder. It's a mediocre set (mostly because there are far better healer sets out there), but it's certainly not useless.

(That said, this is not the first time I've seen this confusion, and it would make things much easier if ZOS would just rename Spell Damage and Weapon Damage to Spell Power and Physical Power.)
    Edited by code65536 on September 3, 2016 7:58PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

The fact remains that the 386 Spell Damage from this set will make every Restoration staff ability heal harder. It's a mediocre set (mostly because there are far better healer sets out there), but it's certainly not useless.

(That said, this is not the first time I've seen this confusion, and it would make things much easier if ZOS would just rename Spell Damage and Weapon Damage to Spell Power and Physical Power.)

There are certainly better sets than Light Singer. The Healer set on an Argonian gives some really hard heals, and 25% increased healing done from CP really buffs it.
  • Rjizzle09
    Rjizzle09
    ✭✭✭
    I mean guys this is ths cycle its definitely not that stamina is favired over magick. Do you know how long stamina was ignored?? its akways been crap and now that were getting things everybkdy wants a nerf this and oh thats too op. This is all coming from a magicka dk that plays stam as well so im not biased. Theyre gonna keep giving us stuff to make up for all the time we were left with crap
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rjizzle09 wrote: »
    I mean guys this is ths cycle its definitely not that stamina is favired over magick. Do you know how long stamina was ignored?? its akways been crap and now that were getting things everybkdy wants a nerf this and oh thats too op. This is all coming from a magicka dk that plays stam as well so im not biased. Theyre gonna keep giving us stuff to make up for all the time we were left with crap

Oh my.... this is the most stupid mindset achievable in any MMO.

It wasn't as good in the past, so becoming extremely OP imbalanced now is totally fine? Absolutely not.

Destructive Touch is a weak skill in the Destruction Staff skill line. Using this same thought process, it'd be fine if it was given a 1500% damage buff, since it has been weak for awhile so it deserves to be severely overbuffed now.

Elemental Storm on PTS isn't good enough, so ZOS goes and reduces the Ult Cost from 250 to 18. Would be insanely OP. See the issue?

It's called balance because it lies within the middle ground. A compromise. If Magicka is weaker, and Stamina is more powerful, they need to be brought in line with each other. That's the concept of balance.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Even so it doesn't change the fact that there is no 386 spell damage for magicka damage abilities set.

Have you seen soulshine? It give 450 while casting or channeling a spell. So basically every Temp attack.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on September 4, 2016 8:53AM
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Rjizzle09 wrote: »

Oh my.... this is the most stupid mindset achievable in any MMO.

It wasn't as good in the past, so becoming extremely OP imbalanced now is totally fine? Absolutely not.

Destructive Touch is a weak skill in the Destruction Staff skill line. Using this same thought process, it'd be fine if it was given a 1500% damage buff, since it has been weak for awhile so it deserves to be severely overbuffed now.

Elemental Storm on PTS isn't good enough, so ZOS goes and reduces the Ult Cost from 250 to 18. Would be insanely OP. See the issue?

It's called balance because it lies within the middle ground. A compromise. If Magicka is weaker, and Stamina is more powerful, they need to be brought in line with each other. That's the concept of balance.

There no such thing as balance. Everything may sound right on paper but may never work out in game or people would ignore something that does not sound right to them but may work ingame. Balance is only perceive differently per player. A thing that balance to you may not be balance to me. No matter what the devs do it only takes them to change one little thing and now we have a bunch of players screaming this op or this is useless now.
  • RobbieRocket
    RobbieRocket
    ✭✭✭
    The problem here as code65536 has already pointed out is language. Spell Power and Physical Power should be used in place of Spell Damage and Physical Damage throughout all the skills and effects in ESO.

This set is actually invcedibly powerful when used as part of a pure cleric who heals.

1. Consider first that it is for healing power and not damage.
    2. Then that you use any or all of a Grand Healing morph, a Steadfast Ward morph, a Regeneration morph or a Blessing of Protection morph. You will be able to have all the crazy bonuses in the Restoration Staff passives combined With this big bonus.
    3. Factor in CP passives, other skills giving Minor Mending or healing bonuses, sets or pieces that do the same,
    4. Finally, factor in the Eyes of Mara (Restoration Staff set) which adds further "Spell Damage" and 12% cost reduction for all Restoration Staff abilities (higher than any other cost reduction, expecially if you only heal using Restoration Staff skills).

I use Blessing of Restoration (a morph of Blessing of Protection) skill as my main group heal. I don't need to spam it, it gives everyone in a 200 square meter rectangle a big heal (base is 4500 ish for CP160) and additional Physical Resistance of 1320 for 15 Seconds.

Now, with my character (who is around 500CP) each one of those heals to each and every friendly within that 200 square meter rectangle a heal of approximately 11,000 health points each cast.

As a main heal, and combined with other bonuses, I believe it is this kind of specialization that the set is for and I can tell you while the individual player may not be as powerful as another, in a Group dynamic this is devastating!
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem here as code65536 has already pointed out is language. Spell Power and Physical Power should be used in place of Spell Damage and Physical Damage throughout all the skills and effects in ESO.

This set is actually invcedibly powerful when used as part of a pure cleric who heals.

2. Then that you use any or all of a Grand Healing morph, a Steadfast Ward morph, a Regeneration morph or a Blessing of Protection morph. You will be able to have all the crazy bonuses in the Restoration Staff passives combined With this big bonus.
    3. Factor in CP passives, other skills giving Minor Mending or healing bonuses, sets or pieces that do the same,
    4. Finally, factor in the Eyes of Mara (Restoration Staff set) which adds further "Spell Damage" and 12% cost reduction for all Restoration Staff abilities (higher than any other cost reduction, expecially if you only heal using Restoration Staff skills).

I use Blessing of Restoration (a morph of Blessing of Protection) skill as my main group heal. I don't need to spam it, it gives everyone in a 200 square meter rectangle a big heal (base is 4500 ish for CP160) and additional Physical Resistance of 1320 for 15 Seconds.

Now, with my character (who is around 500CP) each one of those heals to each and every friendly within that 200 square meter rectangle a heal of approximately 11,000 health points each cast.

As a main heal, and combined with other bonuses, I believe it is this kind of specialization that the set is for and I can tell you while the individual player may not be as powerful as another, in a Group dynamic this is devastating!

First off, you must be a hell of healer bringing back a thread from September of last year.

Second, at the bold, you really ought to be using the other morph of that skill, combat prayer, it gives the DPS in your group 8% more damage for 8 seconds, as you must know, you can not heal things to death.

Thirdly, both eyes of Mara and light speaker only impact you and even then, only resto ablities, so when you compare those two sets to something like the meta, ie worm and SPC, which does both the things the other sets do, that is most your spell power and lower your costs, they do both those things for you AND your team, makes them much more valued.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

MTG-ThreadNecromancer_3198.jpg

Also we have War Maiden now.

• elijafire
    elijafire
    ✭✭✭

First off, you must be a hell of healer bringing back a thread from September of last year.

Second, at the bold, you really ought to be using the other morph of that skill, combat prayer, it gives the DPS in your group 8% more damage for 8 seconds, as you must know, you can not heal things to death.

Thirdly, both eyes of Mara and light speaker only impact you and even then, only resto ablities, so when you compare those two sets to something like the meta, ie worm and SPC, which does both the things the other sets do, that is most your spell power and lower your costs, they do both those things for you AND your team, makes them much more valued.

Oh please, stop with the "necro" crap as if you are somehow better than him bc you don't see the value in an older post. Is the set still the same? YES. Then it is still valid. You are not somehow in a position of righteousness bc you are to good to post on an old thread that is STILL RELEVANT.

Now as for changing it to some generic crap... no. If anything increase the SP a bit on it, but for a healer (especially sorc healer who relies TOTALLY on the heal staff tree) having a static increase to ALL heals is FAR better than some stupid proc from monster helmets.

Buffing the raid is priority so SPC etc are priority, but if they don't have one of those built yet, this set is amazing.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    elijafire wrote: »

Oh please, stop with the "necro" crap as if you are somehow better than him bc you don't see the value in an older post. Is the set still the same? YES. Then it is still valid. You are not somehow in a position of righteousness bc you are to good to post on an old thread that is STILL RELEVANT.

Now as for changing it to some generic crap... no. If anything increase the SP a bit on it, but for a healer (especially sorc healer who relies TOTALLY on the heal staff tree) having a static increase to ALL heals is FAR better than some stupid proc from monster helmets.

Buffing the raid is priority so SPC etc are priority, but if they don't have one of those built yet, this set is amazing.

ThreadNecro.jpg
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL thread necromancer.

From what I understand players prefer sets like Julianos or Kags over something like Light speaker, Destruction mastery, silks, or Ysgramore. There is also War maiden, but I don't think it affects abilities that deal frost, fire, or shock damage, just magic damage abilities.

On stamina side we have Automaton, which is better than Knight-Errant, Sword dancer, and sword singer. We also have Hunding's rage for craftable weapon damage sets.

Finally in between, we have sets like Innate Axiom (for class abilities only) and Shacklebreaker

Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    elijafire wrote: »

youre cute.

i didn't mention monster sets at all in my post, neither did the poster that i was relying to, so not sure what made you bring that up.

spc is a set that is not a monster set and pretty much a must use if you intend to be a serious healer for any length of time in this game. even sorc healers. ask @Tasear, out of all the sets in the game, lightspeaker is the least recommended for healers, there is a reason for that and you dont need to be in a "position of righteousness" to see that.
    Gan Xing wrote: »
    LOL thread necromancer.

From what I understand players prefer sets like Julianos or Kags over something like Light speaker, Destruction mastery, silks, or Ysgramore. There is also War maiden, but I don't think it affects abilities that deal frost, fire, or shock damage, just magic damage abilities.

On stamina side we have Automaton, which is better than Knight-Errant, Sword dancer, and sword singer. We also have Hunding's rage for craftable weapon damage sets.

Finally in between, we have sets like Innate Axiom (for class abilities only) and Shacklebreaker

careful, you might trigger @elijafire with all that necro talk son.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on November 10, 2017 3:04PM
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad someone brought this up. This is just another example of how stamina is favored over magicka. Where is the set that boosts ALL magic damage like how the Automaton set boosts all physical damage?

I like the Light Speaker set as it is. i know it's not Meta, but it can be fun to use this and Eyes of Mara set together. Also, the spell damage boost it receives applies to your restoration staff healing, including the resto ult.

Automaton is to Physical Damage as War Maiden is to Magic Damage.

The real thing that sets Automaton apart isn't the set itself, it's the lack of "Physical Element" diversity. Due to this, War Maiden will see less use on Magicka Sorcerers and more use on Magicka Nightblades or Templars.
    Edited by kypranb14_ESO on November 11, 2017 2:25PM
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    um, magicka based heals scale on your spell damage
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭

Automaton is to Physical Damage as War Maiden is to Magic Damage.

The real thing that sets Automaton apart isn't the set itself, it's the lack of "Physical Element" diversity. Due to this, War Maiden will see less use on Magicka Sorcerers and more use on Magicka Nightblades or Templars.

True
    There is much more of a split of Spell damage than Weapon damage

Spell Damage
    - Magick Damage
    - Frost Damage
    - Fire Damage
    - Shock Damage

Weapon Damage
    - Physical Damage
    - Disease damage
    - Poison damage

However sets like Automaton and possibly War Maiden improve heals
    Edited by Gan Xing on November 12, 2017 12:33AM
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...