The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stam sorc VMA skill setup help

Minute_Waltz
Minute_Waltz
✭✭✭
So I want to run stam sorc VMA without using weapon pots, but I am having abit issue with skill bar setups.

What I have in mind is:
DW: Flurry, rending slash, vigor, trap, bound armor
Bow: Hail, Poison injection, Surge, hurricane, bound armor.

But obviously I am losing out on the 10% crit from pots/expert hunter.

One option is to swap out vigor for hunter, so basically running VMA using only bloodthirst and surge (Which I have completed it before, although had a few deaths, but should I keep on practicing this setup? Aim is to get 500k+ score)

Another option is to swap out either rending or trap or bound armor for hunter, but i felt the end result would be a dps loss instead.

Thoughts/suggestions/comments?
  • Karacule_Fairystar
    Karacule_Fairystar
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert could help you :smile:

His Twitch channel :wink:
  • SunBro
    SunBro
    ✭✭
    I run 5x NMG 3xagi VMA dagger/axe/bow 1x kena 1x bloodspawn

DW
    Rapid strikes
    Blood craze
    Expert hunter
    Rearming trap
    Vigor
    Flawless dawnbreaker

Bow
    Poison injection
    Endless hail
    Crit surge
    Hurricane
    Dark deal
    Flawless dawnbreaker
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    How much crit% do you have right now with your current gear?

You could remove Bound Armement, therefore giving you two extra skills. (Though the benefits of this skills are too big to lose in my opinion.)

Or (better option) and also greatly depends on how comfortable you are with vMA and your build....

Check what this man does, he's arguably the vMA master...

TL;DW (Too long ; Didn't watch!)
    He rolls with :

DW: rapid strikes, rending slashes, rearming trap, steel tornado/vigor, bound armaments, flawless dawnbreaker
    Bow: poison injection, endless hail, critical surge, hurricane, bound armaments, ice comet

He essentially uses Steel Tornado throughout his run, except for round 2,3 and sometime 5 where he switch it for Vigor.
    (If your thing is to slot Evil Hunter, by all means do, you could swap Evil Hunter / Vigor depending on rounds is my point)
    PSN: sluiceqc (NA-PS4) CP: 551+
    I strictly play on Daggerfall Covenant for when it comes to PvP
    Daggerfall Covenant
    sluice - Orc Sorcerer (50)
    Anýa - Bosmer Nightblade (0..50)

Aldmeri Dominion (PvE only)
    Arýä - Altmer Sorcerer (50)
    Marksar - Breton Templar (50)
    Maksar - Bosmer Nightblade (50)
    sluice - Imperial Dragonknight (0..50) R.I.P.

Ebonheart Pact
    Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar (0..50)

#VMATOKENSYSTEM #TRAITCHANGE
    (vMA) drop table and probability
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do basically the same setup as is described here, but my bars are just slightly different:
    Bar 1: Bloodthirst, Rearming Trap, Blood Craze, Hurricane, Bound Armaments, Flawless DB
    Bar 2: Poison Injection, Crit Surge, Dark Deal, Endless Hail, Bound Armaments, <flex> Flawless DB

The only difference in my setup is not having vigor. I've personally found that as long as I'm on my game and hitting the right priorities, I don't need additional healing. There's plenty of that to go around in this build. What I found myself really needing was supplement to my stamina recovery for the final fight, specifically when destroying the crystals "up top." There's enough blocking and dodging between damage here that a quick stamina fix was needed in my case, hence Dark Deal.

I don't hold records on my stam sorc, not anything to really write home about. But I just ran this the other day with a couple of deaths and still pulled off just under 500k, I think it was around 490-495k.
  • SunBro
    SunBro
    ✭✭
    If you're scoring around 500k then I'd say keep honing your current setup. A lot of the guys that smoke VMA with 570k+ have vicious serpent gear and have ran VMA a ton. 500k is pretty much where I'm at and I consider a very respectable score
  • Spliffo
    Spliffo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drop vigor for evil hunter it's not worth the crit loss and put overload on your back bar for vigor, caltrops and whatever els you feel you need. The other option is lvl Alchemy and use crit pots
  • Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the ideas guys, I am running VO TBS sharpen vma Dw/Bow, and basically my idea is to get this toon on weekly (need 510k+ for sorc on PC NA) every week without wasting weapon pots since I only need a top 100 instead of top scores.

I might give it a try without bound armor, so I can slot in steel tornado (Really helps in speeding up the trash rounds) in dw bar and vigor in the back bar and see how I go.

Dw: flurry, rending, steel tornado, trap, hunter
    Bow: hail, PI, surge, hurricane, vigor
  • Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭
    Spliffo wrote: »
    Drop vigor for evil hunter it's not worth the crit loss and put overload on your back bar for vigor, caltrops and whatever els you feel you need. The other option is lvl Alchemy and use crit pots

I like that idea! I don't really use vigor that much with stam sorc but i felt i still need it (or dark deal), it just sucks when I drop down from crystal phase with 30% hp and no self heal lol
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spliffo wrote: »

I like that idea! I don't really use vigor that much with stam sorc but i felt i still need it (or dark deal), it just sucks when I drop down from crystal phase with 30% hp and no self heal lol

How about putting vigor on third (overload) bar then? When the last crystal gets to 20-30%.. put all dots on it, switch to overload bar and heal yourself.
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ebonheart Pact

• Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I get through well enough (average on 4 deaths) with:

Dw: blood craze, rapid strikes, hurricane, steel tornado, bound arnaments and flawlesss dawnbreaker
    Two hander: dark deal, vigor, crit surge, crit rush, bound arnaments and overload
    Overload: rearming trap, caltrops, crit surge, circle of protection (whaaaat) and bound arnaments
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    [SNIP]

Edited for Profanity
    Edited by ZOS_PeterT on September 1, 2016 3:12PM
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah.. or how about just doing what the Lord is doing!
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ebonheart Pact

• FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh I see - my flawless run video contained profanity... who would have thought.
  • SunBro
    SunBro
    ✭✭
    @FENGRUSH I saw your post but it was gone before I could watch it lol. Congrats on your flawless run bro :)
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SunBro wrote: »
    @FENGRUSH I saw your post but it was gone before I could watch it lol. Congrats on your flawless run bro :)

Thank you - just wanted to link for skills used reference but also how it plays out. I dont find vigor needed at all for stam sorc to the OP.
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    SunBro wrote: »

Thank you - just wanted to link for skills used reference but also how it plays out. I dont find vigor needed at all for stam sorc to the OP.

Even for stage 2 (constant bleed damage) and stage 5 (I still find this stage the hardest.... more chance of dying there than in stage 9) ?
    Edited by sluice on September 1, 2016 3:40PM
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ebonheart Pact

• FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea - just have to keep surge up. I back bar dark deal + vigor between rounds. Id say check the link out but @ZOS_PeterT doesnt want you to be offended by the language.
  • SunBro
    SunBro
    ✭✭
    I agree that it's doable without. I front bar it cuz despite having great internet I still get stupid lag. I wish they'd fix that crap so I could get a better score
  • caperon
    caperon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its perfectly doable without vigor, i pretty much copied @FENGRUSH build some weeks ago and it works wonders, just did 542k with 3 deaths.

Gear I use is 5 nmg, 5 vo, 2 maelstrom (precise in my case, dont have other)
    Skills:
    Front: rapid, blood craze (heal is quite good),trap, evil hunter, bound armaments,dawnbreaker
    Back: poison injection, hail, hurricane, surge, bound armaments, overload
    Overload bar: caltrops, vigor, dark deal, surge, bound armaments

Keep hurricane and surge up, use your bow medium-heavy atack, poison injection and endless hail a lot while you zap around (vicious is a must), usually you can focus the next add before the 1st die, hurricane and your passive will finish it for you. Drop caltrops betwen rounds and dark deal if necessary (its not with vo).

Btw, with this setup you can use normal green pots, no need for any crafted pot.
    Edited by caperon on September 2, 2016 3:18AM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have any tips for the last boss?

I started Sunday, first time trying it and took 2 and a half hours to get to the last boss. Been about 4 hours on it since lol.

I die pretty much every time I get knocked from the top. I have a crem guard, clanfear and boss aoe. If I dodgeroll the aoe I take two much crem damage, I facetank him and aoe gets me, sometimes the clanfear will slap me and I die then too. Got him down to 5% at one point :( Cannot replicate that at all now.

I take the damage powerup before going up, can take two crystals out sometimes (even did all 3 once). Should I take the healing one as soon as I land then?

Running pretty much same bars as people above (but with vigor) with TBS, agility and nmg.
    Edited by Brrrofski on September 6, 2016 2:55PM
  • caperon
    caperon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

I started Sunday, first time trying it and took 2 and a half hours to get to the last boss. Been about 4 hours on it since lol.

I die pretty much every time I get knocked from the top. I have a crem guard, clanfear and boss aoe. If I dodgeroll the aoe I take two much crem damage, I facetank him and aoe gets me, sometimes the clanfear will slap me and I die then too. Got him down to 5% at one point :( Cannot replicate that at all now.

I take the damage powerup before going up, can take two crystals out sometimes (even did all 3 once). Should I take the healing one as soon as I land then?

Running pretty much same bars as people above (but with vigor) with TBS, agility and nmg.

Your biggest problem is the sustain i guess. I really recomend you to farm nSO until you get 5 pieces of Vicious Ophidean, even if its 5 body pieces, it makes vma a lot easier, major expedition, tones of stamina...

About the last boss, well, dont get knocked down xD, but anyway, if you have to you should be able to facetank the 3 ads as long as you have surge and hurricane (will proc surge even while rolling) up, avoid the red aoe on your feed and keep moving. Actually, you can avoid the fire breath if you circle fast enought around the daedroth (you need to be very close). I really recomend blood craze as morph, the heal is decent and with surge lets you avoid to use vigor, so faster killing time = less dmg recived = less healing required.

Once you destroy the 3 crystals the daedroth dies, you need to kill the healer (i usually kil him before going up) and usually you need to interrupt the channeled atack from the boss. After interrupting drop all the dots you can while you intercept the golden ghost and go kill the sumonner keeping an eye at the boss, he usually shots the big skull in this moment. After the sumoner check for the golden ghost and go back on boss. Right before the 3rd ghost boss sumons a Daedroth, use spectral explosion and kill it (or kill the boss if he is low enought, but depends if youve been droping dots on him while killing the ads). Rinse and repeat.

In general last boss its very hard and the begining and with time it becomes one of the easiest stages. 5 is a lot dedlier for me xD.
    Edited by caperon on September 6, 2016 3:13PM
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5x TBS
    5x VO
    VMA - Dual Daggers (axe not needed as stuff dies real quick for bleed proc)
    VMA -- Bow

Bar 1:
    Rapid Strikes
    Rending Slashes
    Vigor
    Hurricane
    Bound Armaments
    Flawless DB

Bar 2:
    Endless Hail
    Rearming Trap
    Poison Injection
    Crit Surge
    Bound Armaments
    Any Ult

About 20k resistances with Hurricane and Armaments helps a lot with survivability.
    Edited by Shader_Shibes on September 6, 2016 3:12PM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    caperon wrote: »

Your biggest problem is the sustain i guess. I really recomend you to farm nSO until you get 5 pieces of Vicious Ophidean, even if its 5 body pieces, it makes vma a lot easier, major expedition, tones of stamina...

About the last boss, well, dont get knocked down xD, but anyway, if you have to you should be able to facetank the 3 ads as long as you have surge and hurricane (will proc surge even while rolling) up, avoid the red aoe on your feed and keep moving. Actually, you can avoid the fire breath if you circle fast enought around the daedroth (you need to be very close). I really recomend blood craze as morph, the heal is decent and with surge lets you avoid to use vigor, so faster killing time = less dmg recived = less healing required.

Once you destroy the 3 crystals the daedroth dies, you need to kill the healer (i usually kil him before going up) and usually you need to interrupt the channeled atack from the boss. After interrupting drop all the dots you can while you intercept the golden ghost and go kill the sumonner keeping an eye at the boss, he usually shots the big skull in this moment. After the sumoner check for the golden ghost and go back on boss. Right before the 3rd ghost boss sumons a Daedroth, use spectral explosion and kill it (or kill the boss if he is low enought, but depends if youve been droping dots on him while killing the ads). Rinse and repeat.

In general last boss its very hard and the begining and with time it becomes one of the easiest stages. 5 is a lot dedlier for me xD.

Yeh, I need 1 ring of vo. Will not drop :(

I managed once not to get knocked down. Got all 3 pillars done. It's so much to focus on though lol.

And you're right. The time I got him to 5% he ported and did his crap. Got to him but nothing to bash or vigor. Just going to try an hour a day. I get annoyed too easy and make silly mistakes. Need to go other stuff after an hour then try the next day.
    Edited by Brrrofski on September 6, 2016 3:20PM
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Shader_Shibes, would you recommend using vMA daggers if they were in crappy traits (Mine are Charged and Defending) ?
    Also, out of curiosity, what would be your suggestion as an alternative to VO?

I was thinking of running something like:
    2x Velidreth
    5x Hundings (I might craft some NMG or TBS eventually..)
    2x vMA (or crafted sharpened) daggers
    3x Agility w/ weapon damage
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ebonheart Pact

• Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭

If you do get knocked before killing all 3 crystals, then perhaps go and grab either healing or defensive sigil then kill the crem guard asap and then try and get back up again.

With first part of the fight, I found it extremely easy as a stam sorc to burn boss to 70% without crem guard spawn, however if you can't manage that then as soon boss teleports, grab defensive sigil and keep dps the boss until he ports. Then focus on crem guard, then mage (recommended for beginners so you don't get overwhelmed when you drop down), then clannfear for portals.

When you finish the 3 crystals, ideally you want to ignore everything and just dps the boss, while collecting gold ghosts. Grab whatever sigil you can when you drop, I like the speed one which helps with sustain and speed for interrupt/gold grabbing. Take it slow, kill the first summon mage add and first crem guard, then focus dps on boss. (Even if you only have say 15k dps, that should be enough to burn him down)

GL :)
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If you do get knocked before killing all 3 crystals, then perhaps go and grab either healing or defensive sigil then kill the crem guard asap and then try and get back up again.

With first part of the fight, I found it extremely easy as a stam sorc to burn boss to 70% without crem guard spawn, however if you can't manage that then as soon boss teleports, grab defensive sigil and keep dps the boss until he ports. Then focus on crem guard, then mage (recommended for beginners so you don't get overwhelmed when you drop down), then clannfear for portals.

When you finish the 3 crystals, ideally you want to ignore everything and just dps the boss, while collecting gold ghosts. Grab whatever sigil you can when you drop, I like the speed one which helps with sustain and speed for interrupt/gold grabbing. Take it slow, kill the first summon mage add and first crem guard, then focus dps on boss. (Even if you only have say 15k dps, that should be enough to burn him down)

Cool, thanks for the info.

I only today got told that there's a stone I can hide behind to stop getting knocked down. Haven't tried it since.

Might drop 1 night's silence for a bloodspawn so I can dodge roll a bit more.

Will the defensive powerup reflect his skull atrack and his interrultable one? If so, does he take much damage from them?
  • Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭

I only today got told that there's a stone I can hide behind to stop getting knocked down. Haven't tried it since.

Will the defensive powerup reflect his skull atrack and his interrultable one? If so, does he take much damage from them?

Ah yes you need to look for and follow the stone to stop the knockoff, defensive sigil means you won't need to interrupt, but you still need to dodge roll or block the slow skull attack. Overall with D sigil you will take less damage to make your life easier healing through things. Also if you have sustain problems then slot dark deal on your overload bar, after dropping from crystal you have a few seconds to cast it and regain your stam.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Ah yes you need to look for and follow the stone to stop the knockoff, defensive sigil means you won't need to interrupt, but you still need to dodge roll or block the slow skull attack. Overall with D sigil you will take less damage to make your life easier healing through things. Also if you have sustain problems then slot dark deal on your overload bar, after dropping from crystal you have a few seconds to cast it and regain your stam.

Trying to go into overload to dark deal gets me killed 9 times out of 10. Gonna play around with a few armor pieces swapped. Put a bloodspawn in, maybe even skoria.

Don't think my dps is lacking (38k stam, 60.4% crit, 3330 weapon damage and have shadow mundus), just need to learn the mechanics. Trouble is, after like 5 deaths I just get annoyed and make stupid mistakes.
  • Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭

Trying to go into overload to dark deal gets me killed 9 times out of 10. Gonna play around with a few armor pieces swapped. Put a bloodspawn in, maybe even skoria.

Don't think my dps is lacking (38k stam, 60.4% crit, 3330 weapon damage and have shadow mundus), just need to learn the mechanics. Trouble is, after like 5 deaths I just get annoyed and make stupid mistakes.

Dps is more about rotations instead of stats, I wouldnt go with the burn method without maelstrom weapons though (unless stam nb), just take it slow and go through the mechanics. Oh and the boss ground aoe part, you need to keep moving at all times to have a good chance of getting out of it, dodge roll doesnt help.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Dps is more about rotations instead of stats, I wouldnt go with the burn method without maelstrom weapons though (unless stam nb), just take it slow and go through the mechanics. Oh and the boss ground aoe part, you need to keep moving at all times to have a good chance of getting out of it, dodge roll doesnt help.

Yeh, I have my rotations down too. Caltrops, barrage, trap beast, heavy attack into poison injection, bloodcraze then bloodlust on the bass as he spawns. He barely has time to call a crem in before he goes up.

Just need to nail the crystal part. The bottom part isn't too bad. It's just I've only managed to get him there 3 times lol
    Edited by Brrrofski on September 7, 2016 6:20AM