The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How Many Crafting Professions has your Character Mastered?

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't sure how to answer. My main character initially was to play only with my fiance, so when he didn't play I would play my sorc... who is my master craftswoman... but that main character is still my main character and my sorc is kind of just my crafter now.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Graydon wrote: »
    Wondering how many people master all 6 professions on their main adventurer?
    Can't vote, no options for me ...

I have 4 main characters. 3 of which are master crafters in their respective two crafts.
    shades.gif
  • Burning_Talons
    Burning_Talons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All baby
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wood, smithing, clothing, cooking all maxed. 1 metal weapon and 1 heavy armor are at 6 traits, everything else is at 7 or 8. Need to start finding nirnhoned.
    Xbox NA
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If by mastered you mean got them to 50 I did that AGES ago, main maxed all 6 and 5 diff alts maxed 1 each with Alchemy being exclusive to my main. If by mastered you mean researched all traits across the 3 equipment crafts I'm still working on that but have about 50 days or so to go.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on August 30, 2016 8:17PM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i dont believe in nirn traits tho
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Something needs to change, like restricting number of professions you can have. Otherwise what happens to the economy when everyone can just make everything.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I pretty much play only one toon. And it is that one that is maxed out in all crafting. 9 traits in all and 27 of the current 34 motif styles known. I have almost maxed my alt healer to where they turn in in Belkarth so to get Crag surveys.
    Lol,, took 1 year and 1 month to research all 9 traits, not wanting to do that again!!
    Huzzah!!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

I have 4 main characters. 3 of which are master crafters in their respective two crafts.
    shades.gif

Okay, you get the cookie. Not me.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All 6 on 6 toons (will be at 8 shortly) and 9-trait on 2 crafters.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on August 30, 2016 9:07PM
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All on all 12 toons.

Though only one is my "master 9-trait" with all styles. Used to have it broken-up to save skill points but motifs can get EXPENSIVE.

Other 11 have all the proper Passives required as Playable Alts and for what's required to do writs every morning.
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nine9six wrote: »
    All on all 12 toons.

Though only one is my "master 9-trait" with all styles. Used to have it broken-up to save skill points but motifs can get EXPENSIVE.
    Yeah, me too, except I was only partly breaking it up to save skill points, and partly breaking it up to get my research done quicker. So for a while I had my main doing woodworking, all smithing except for two-handed weapons, and all light armour. I had another character doing my two-handed weapons (I don't know why I broke it down like that instead of just saying weapons vs. armour), and I had a 3rd character doing my medium armour. Then I got sick of needing motifs for all 3 of them (it wasn't so bad when it was just the basic racial motifs and the original purple motifs), and started researching all of the traits on my main (using gear crafted with those traits from my other 2 crafters).
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • AtmaDarkwolf
    AtmaDarkwolf
    ✭✭✭
    everything. includes all trait research. also includes all skills in each line(as with others, exception snake blood and the last point of the keep eyes)

Without that, how can I call myself a crafter?

Enchanting can be very easy, done in 10min from level 1, if you 1: have an alt with max enchanting, or 2: know a friend whose got it maxed.

Just have them craft a stack ov cp150-160 purple glyphs (biggest 'grind' here is trading/mailing them over) and decon them on the crafter who needs training..

Deconing your OWN items (Character A deconing character A's glyphs) will earn almost NO xp, but deconing your OTHER characters items earns you full.

And cp160 purple glyphs will grant about 1/5th your bar of xp @ enchanting 49 (as example of how quick it will level)
    Edited by AtmaDarkwolf on August 30, 2016 10:02PM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    everything. includes all trait research. also includes all skills in each line(as with others, exception snake blood and the last point of the keep eyes)

Oh yeah, I forgot about snake blood. None of my characters wasted a skill point on that, because it's kind of completely worthless...
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

Oh yeah, I forgot about snake blood. None of my characters wasted a skill point on that, because it's kind of completely worthless...

No one should ever spend a point much less 3 on Snakeblood for the reason you just stated minus the words "kind of". Anyone that knows how to make good Potions with no negative effects would never need Snakeblood.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on August 30, 2016 10:05PM
  • AtmaDarkwolf
    AtmaDarkwolf
    ✭✭✭

No one should ever spend a point much less 3 on Snakeblood for the reason you just stated minus the words "kind of". Anyone that knows how to make good Potions with no negative effects would never need Snakeblood.

it WOULD have value if you were able to craft pots with 1 neg + 2 pos traits (IE: normally when crafting a 'ravenge health' would counter a 'restore health' - snakeblood would have added value if you could craft these, and it would 'negate' the ravenge health part, but keep the restore health. Then so many regents would suddenly gain value and a lot of neat combo's could be made.

Prob way too long in teh tooth for a game like TEST co overhaul the alchemy system to allow 3 benefit and 3 negative traits per pot (with also allowing counter traits to 'stack' unless negated with snakeblood)
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

it WOULD have value if you were able to craft pots with 1 neg + 2 pos traits (IE: normally when crafting a 'ravenge health' would counter a 'restore health' - snakeblood would have added value if you could craft these, and it would 'negate' the ravenge health part, but keep the restore health. Then so many regents would suddenly gain value and a lot of neat combo's could be made.

Prob way too long in teh tooth for a game like TEST co overhaul the alchemy system to allow 3 benefit and 3 negative traits per pot (with also allowing counter traits to 'stack' unless negated with snakeblood)

I can easily make a variety of tri-pots without negative effects involved. For example:

Columbine + Mountain Flower + Bugloss = Restore Health, Magicka, and Stamina with a slight increase to Major Fortitude due to all 3 having Restore Health on them.

Lady's Smock + Corn Flower + Namira's Rot or Water Hyacinth = Restore Magicka, Spell Power, and Spell Critical Potion.

Dragonthorn + Blessed Thistle + Wormwood or Water Hyacinth = Restore Stamina, Weapon Power, and Weapon Critical Potion.

So you see, Snakeblood really is pretty moot. Now if you can name a Potion mixture with a negative effect someone would be willing to make that would thus require Snakeblood to forgo then I'm all ears.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Question? Doesn't that apply to poisons also? So as a PvP'er, Snakeblood would be great to counter the tri-poisons like what I use. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert ? Does Snakeblood apply towards poisons?
    Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on August 31, 2016 9:48AM
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

• bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BS/Cloth/Wood on first char
    Alch/Prov/Ench on sec char
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All, and it wasn't that hard tbh.

Edit: I only have 8 traits because I don't have money to train 9th traits :)

Edited by Knootewoot on August 31, 2016 9:50AM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Question? Doesn't that apply to poisons also? So as a PvP'er, Snakeblood would be great to counter the tri-poisons like what I use. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert ? Does Snakeblood apply towards poisons?
    I don't believe it does. The text is:
    •Reduces negative effects in potions by 100%
    So I don't think it affects poisons...
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one character doing clothing, blacksmithing and wood working and one character doing provisioning, enchantment and alchemy.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I don't believe it does. The text is:
    •Reduces negative effects in potions by 100%
    So I don't think it affects poisons...

My mistake. I was wrong. (Don't see those words in forums much..lol). Yes, I thought playing with them in PTS they did, but my bad.
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS

• AtmaDarkwolf
    AtmaDarkwolf
    ✭✭✭

I can easily make a variety of tri-pots without negative effects involved. For example:

Columbine + Mountain Flower + Bugloss = Restore Health, Magicka, and Stamina with a slight increase to Major Fortitude due to all 3 having Restore Health on them.

Lady's Smock + Corn Flower + Namira's Rot or Water Hyacinth = Restore Magicka, Spell Power, and Spell Critical Potion.

Dragonthorn + Blessed Thistle + Wormwood or Water Hyacinth = Restore Stamina, Weapon Power, and Weapon Critical Potion.

So you see, Snakeblood really is pretty moot. Now if you can name a Potion mixture with a negative effect someone would be willing to make that would thus require Snakeblood to forgo then I'm all ears.

I 'KNOW" you can. that wasn't my point.

Imagine you want a health potion, that adds vitality, and heals over time

Ok, there are enough ing with common stats that should be possible, except you need to slot in neg effects too which COUNTER the above (ravage health, dot, defile, can't combine the 3 positive with current ing, without slotting at least one of the negatives.)

Now imagine said pot now does the above, BUT it also causes 'defile' = neg effects happen first, so the potion, basic, will heal over time, and heals you for a burst, but it now causes you to take less healing. (With no snake blood)

See where I'm going?

Allowing 3 positive + 3 negative effects (Or even 1 neg that happens upfront/first/cancels others when drunk normally without snakeblood)

This would open up a TON of new and interesting effect combinations, make all ing much more 'valued' (IE no 'junk' regents like we have now, all would have more 'equal' weight in potion crafting) and make snakeblood infinitely more viable/interesting.

(Also slight correction for you, having all 3 mats with a common trait does NOT give a 'boosted' effect compared to 2 traits. IE: 2 restore health = 3 restore health in alchemy.)
    Edited by AtmaDarkwolf on September 1, 2016 3:42PM
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    depends on what you call master crafter. I call master crafter someone with all skill points in the skills at lvl 50 and if it is woodworking blacksmithing or clothing researched all 9 traits per piece (except helm and shoulders cus most use monster set)
    Edited by Lightninvash on September 1, 2016 3:46PM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All 6, on multiple characters.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • dwtdwtdwt
    dwtdwtdwt
    ✭✭✭
    I have over 190 skill points into crafting on my first (main) character, with all traits researched. I can craft anything in the game.

I also have over 330 total skill points, leaving me with plenty of points to put into class, weapon, guild, world, and all passives that I need, with a bunch of points left over.

Edited by dwtdwtdwt on September 1, 2016 5:09PM
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." -Plato
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    My only initial VR16(CP338 now) is my Master L50-10/10 all + max Alch-Enchant-Prov and with 9/9 traits on all items.

6 Alt-crafters with 9/9 on BS-WW-Cloth-Enchant + max Prov, 1-2 early traits back at release but no more since. All are currently leveling to L50 to camp Crag Writs.

7th Main PVE-PVP-to-be, will prob have L50 10/10 by the time he is CPxx only because he keeps getting used to verify Craft-Decon-IP every Live major patch.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

shades.gif

2 craft per characters ? this look hard . how did you do for motifs ?
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the armor related crafting professions.
    Consumables are too much to throw on top of that for me! ><