The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How Many Crafting Professions has your Character Mastered?

Graydon
Graydon
✭✭✭✭✭
Wondering how many people master all 6 professions on their main adventurer? I'm level 42 with 2 professions. I am wondering how sound (or silly) it would be to spend additional skill points in crafting.
Edited by Graydon on August 30, 2016 4:44PM

How Many Crafting Professions has your Character Mastered? 221 votes

None
2% 6 votes
2% 5 votes
2% 5 votes
3% 7 votes
4% 10 votes
7% 17 votes
77% 171 votes
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mastered all on my main, and only alchemy for the alts.
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have six master jack-of-all-trade crafters, with 7 and 8 almost done as well (damn you enchanting). Next will be to get to work on my new characters from the extra character slots, one of them is a master clothier already...
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of them on 12 characters.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All of them. Enchanting was the worst...
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maxed all but enchanting on all four of my max level toons for hirelings and alchemy passives. Enchanting is only maxed for my crafter.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All but enchanting on my crafter. It takes so long.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have several characters that have clothing/metal/wood maxed. 1 has 9 traits unlocked for everything.

2 have Alchemy maxed

1 has Enchanting maxed

I need to work on getting some of these characters max Alchemy for better potion duration. I love getting hireling mail from them, I get some good stuff from my hirelings.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on August 30, 2016 4:54PM
  • Sunver
    Sunver
    ✭✭✭
    All on my main, Alchemy and Enchanting on my toons. <very profitable>
    When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
    What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
    For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
    O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife and I originally split them, she took Provisioning, Alchemy and Enchanting. I finally worked up Enchanting as well so I didn't have to keep asking her for them for armor I was selling.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My first has 3.
    My fourth has 1
    My fifth has 2
    My sixth has 3.
    My seventh snd eighth have 1 each.

All are covered... with three enchanters and three provisioners and two clothiers.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fully fleshed out with all skill points invested (except Keen Eye and Dragonblood)? 1

Leveled to 50 in all crafts? Most of my Alts. I think I have two that are still leveling, but are at L32 in all crafts that have a Hireling. 3 of them still need to level Enchanting, but not really in a hurry to do that, as how many Enchanters do you really need?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started provisioning day 1, but didn't start most of the others until much later. I am close to mastery on 3 others.
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    ... how many Enchanters do you really need?

That's a trick question, right?
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Onistka- smithing, clothing, woodworking and provisioning
    Kael- enchanting
    Gonk-Alchemy and Provisioning

I do level everyone's provisioning and alchemy up to take advantage of some of the passives.

I recommend having one character that does all crafting that uses motifs so you only need 1 copy.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    All of them. Enchanting was the worst...

Definately enchanting is the worst
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spread between my alts..all of them are at 50 in every craft. All of the 50's are also Provisioners (gotta love the free money with writs!). A few of them are also Alchemists (again for the free money with writs).
  • abelsgmx
    abelsgmx
    ✭✭✭
    I have a dedicated crafter (skill points are spended just in profession lines), i don't have a main, i play all my characters as a main
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one character that is a nine-trait master crafter level 50 in all professions. B)

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main is level 50 with all passives in all crafts, knows 9 traits on everything, and knows every motif. I've got 7 other characters who are level 50 in all crafts, but only have the passives to get the best stuff from their hirelings, and maybe a couple of other useful passives here and there (a couple have some of the passives that make it easier to spot nodes, a couple have passives that make consumables last longer).
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Milicent
    Milicent
    ✭✭✭
    All of them.
    I only have 1 toon.
    ————
    (\_/)
    ( O_o)
    o(“)(“)
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    I have six master jack-of-all-trade crafters, with 7 and 8 almost done as well (damn you enchanting). Next will be to get to work on my new characters from the extra character slots, one of them is a master clothier already...

@wayfarerx Is that nirn on all of them? If so, that's a big investment in traits, both time and gold. I only have nirn on my main.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    wayfarerx wrote: »

@wayfarerx Is that nirn on all of them? If so, that's a big investment in traits, both time and gold. I only have nirn on my main.

@Ourorboros Nah, I only have done trait research on my main crafter, I don't really see the need to do it on my other characters. I have enough nirncrux saved up to research it fully on another character but I'll probably just sell it all.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted none, only because of a new character. ;)

But my last toon mastered all 6.

I'm so glad Enchanting skill was revamped. All those hours chasing Aspect runestones.... make the horrible memories go away!
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all of them I can make just about anything in this game.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All crafting maxed, all traits learned, all(most) motifs read.

I'll take my cookie now tyvm.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You need at least one max crafter in this game or you become so dépendent on other it's crazy !
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just four at the moment. Enchanting is at 42 and I haven't even touched Alchemy. Personally I don't see a need to. Maybe when Enchanting is done I'll take a look at it, otherwise I'm just fine with my Armor and Weapon, Food, and Glyph crafting.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As of today my toon Ronno had mastered all 6 crafting skills, knows all reagent traits, had translated all glyphs, knows all recipes, is 9/9 traited in all equipment crafting and knows almost all of the motifs. I just need Akaviri.
    Edited by lonewolf26 on August 30, 2016 7:39PM
  • Miszou
    Miszou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All 6 on my tank crafter "main"

Alchemy and Provisioning on my dps "alt", just in case I run out of something I won't have to relog to get it.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Just four at the moment. Enchanting is at 42 and I haven't even touched Alchemy. Personally I don't see a need to. Maybe when Enchanting is done I'll take a look at it, otherwise I'm just fine with my Armor and Weapon, Food, and Glyph crafting.

@ArchMikem FYI, if you have some Solvents for each level, and a supply of reagents that are not used for helpful potions (usually mushrooms are not helpful) then you can level Alchemy to max in about 15 minutes depending on how fast you can hit the button. Of course, you can use any reagents, but why waste the ones used for Tri Pots etc.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"