Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Help me defeat The Drome of Toxic Shock

• Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea - I need to walk away for a bit - I was missing the rest of the game. I left the arena and did a blacksmith writ and got a gold temper, seemed like a sign.
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • Caipiroska
    Take your time but don't give up.

I did once actually..
    i've spent days and days in stage 5 (ice stage) . After i defeated the boss i found the spiders stage harder than the one before. It was very frustrating, i quit the game for like 3 months (only the arena was keeping me there).
    After 3 months I started fresh and I could finish it . It is always hard the first time, but then when u know u can really beat it you don't fail that much .
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely not leaving the game!! I am levelling some Sorc skills as I may give it a good try on another charachter. Just might not be able to Templar my way though. I so want to - I feel like I should be able too do this stage at least. I know that GD ice giant will be a nightmare - LOL.
  • Nidro
    Nidro
    ✭✭✭
    Once you finished mate it all gets easier..

First time trough maelstrom is so freaking hard.

2nd time is 5x easier already lol

Dont worry, enjoy the game and give it a go the next time, when u think u feel ready to step in the ring again :-)

- Champion Rank 1080 -

Argonian Warden Tank - Never-Fights-Alone
    Highelf Sorcereress - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Highelf Templar - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Imperial Dragonknight - Tank - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Khajiit Nightblade - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Redguard Templar - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Darkelf Nightblade - Magicka DD - Voice of Reason
    Imperial Sorcerer - Stamina DD - The Flawless Conquerer
    Redguard Dragonknight - Stamina DD
    Argonian Templar - Healer - Heals-all-Allies -
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait until you've run it for 100 times and still not gotten a sharpened weapon your after. Makes *** black desert look casual.
  • Nirnrotten
    Nirnrotten
    ✭✭✭
    I sat and played for probably 3 hours straight on this level. Felt soooo good downing that Queen lol. I tried using Deltia's advice of just burning down the boss and ignoring adds but I couldn't burn her fast enough before getting overwhelmed.

I finally killed her by taking out all Stranglers as soon as the round starts. Picked off the ranged adds as they spawned and kept melee in aoe with boss to down them. I didn't kill every add, but more than half, and that was enough breathing room for me to sustain myself while going Ham on the Queen.
    Edited by Nirnrotten on September 25, 2016 4:16PM
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Nirnrotten - I'll keep that advice in mind when I am brave enough to enter the ring again. This round just is not a good fit for my playstyle and I am not able to adjust enough. I am wondering how much DPS you would have to be putting out to burn that Queen down? I'll have to watch Deltia's video. I swear I do not do the same damage in the arena as I do in the wilds of Tamriel.
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Thornen if I ever get to the point I am disapointed by the weapon I get for beating VMA I will be a happy player. You guys must are amazing to be able to beat it so regularly.
    Edited by Acharnor on September 26, 2016 12:07PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with you OP its such a Challenge. It feels like bad luck alot of the time, or that your build sucks, or you suck but then you lewr. The mechanic and you realise you were making it hard for yourself.

I'm currently stuck on final boss stage 5. I know what to do, its just doing it, and man it's frustrating. You basically have to play perfect huh.

All in the hope I get a Sharpened Inferno first time of passing haha #NoChance
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL - I'm a total hack in the game I guess. Perfection is a faintly glimpsed dream. I am constantly hitting the wrong skill or forget I switched to my heal/buff bar and did not switch back - have died alot due to that kind of dumb mistake. D'oH!
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    I'm with you OP its such a Challenge. It feels like bad luck alot of the time, or that your build sucks, or you suck but then you lewr. The mechanic and you realise you were making it hard for yourself.

I'm currently stuck on final boss stage 5. I know what to do, its just doing it, and man it's frustrating. You basically have to play perfect huh.

If you do, link it and make 7 million people angry! Just watch out for-

latest?cb=20141107014955
  • Caipiroska
    Beardimus wrote: »

leave the shield sigil platform for the end, once the other two are down, go get both sigils (they are in the same platform) and burn him

ps: by the time u finish the maelstrom for the first time u will be able to do it again faster than u can imagine.
    The final boss of the final stage is so *** hard and if u can beat it then the rest of the stages will be easy.

don't worry anyway, it's just the first time, even the final boss is "easy" when u had enough practice (hours/days dying there) . Actually...now that i know how to do it, it's not even the hardest, the hardest for me now is the ice stage.

my best run i died 9 times, and i got the weekly reward (last week)-
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Maelstrom Arena, there's nothing like it in all Oblivion"
    "Let's hope that this time its more of a contest"
    "No cheating! Naaaaaah cheat as much as you want"

Yeah you'll learn all of those before you finish it for the first time. Just keep at it.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Maelstrom Arena, there's nothing like it in all Oblivion"
    "Let's hope that this time its more of a contest"
    "No cheating! Naaaaaah cheat as much as you want"

Yeah you'll learn all of those before you finish it for the first time. Just keep at it.

Omg yes! I'm so tired of hearing that stupid guy. I wish I could blade of woe him.
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    A quick follow up question before I go back to VMA - wondering if most people are animation cancelling. It is not something I do and recognise it potentially is a real loss of dps. I have been practicing on some mammoths and giants in Wrothgar - I find it quite chalenging and as a Templar not sure which spells I should - anyway your further thoughts are appreciated.
  • schroed360
    schroed360
    ✭✭✭
    Acharnor wrote: »
    A quick follow up question before I go back to VMA - wondering if most people are animation cancelling. It is not something I do and recognise it potentially is a real loss of dps. I have been practicing on some mammoths and giants in Wrothgar - I find it quite chalenging and as a Templar not sure which spells I should - anyway your further thoughts are appreciated.

Animation cancelling is a must in that game. Especially for dps purpose so yeah you should really train yourself at it!!
    Good luck on your stage!
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sigh! OK. I feared that would be the case. I need to squeeze out some more DPS.
  • Aeaeren
    Aeaeren
    ✭✭✭
    Sigh! OK. I feared that would be the case. I need to squeeze out some more DPS.

It's not that hard, you just have to train yourself to do it. Beat on the mammoths to learn or do like I do when I change something on the bars, do normal Malestrom until you get the change down.
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea - practicing in norm Maelstrom makes sense. The notion of AI does not come naturally so it will take some conscious thought to implement. I have been playing since Beta and am pretty ingrained in my habits.
  • Aeaeren
    Aeaeren
    ✭✭✭
    Yea - practicing in norm Maelstrom makes sense. The notion of AI does not come naturally so it will take some conscious thought to implement. I have been playing since Beta and am pretty ingrained in my habits.

Yup hence why you have to work it out and keep banging your head until you are doing it second nature.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The idea of vMA fills me with dread
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    It should, it is friggin hard. You need the limber fingers of a 17 yo - which I have not posessed for quite some time. I think I will need 800 CP to beat it - LOL. Thus far I cannot manage to progress. I see videos of people just melting through mobs and bosses going down in no time and shake my head wondering how.

I'm on a break and working on integrating animation cancelling into my play and will go back soon but I am questioning why? For me - tis no fun at all. I just hate not being able to complete something.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I concur, I cant seem to find anything on ani cancelling or "how to". I did notice though, if you just hold down the heavy attack button and run through your skill rotation you do a lot more damage and never seem to run out of stamina
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know some skills/spells can be cancelled by hitting block after casting them and then use another spell/skill or light attack. Its a work in progress.
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VMA has been a slow hobby for me since I came back to the game six months ago. I refuse to get to the point of frustration, so I give myself one afternoon every couple of weeks. Tried it at 180cp, got to the third round before I gave up. Tried again at 280cp, got to the fifth. Going back for another run at 380, and I feel much more confident this time. ... Of course, that probably means I'm going to get my ass handed to me. Oh well. Hard games are more fun than easy ones, right?