Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Help me defeat The Drome of Toxic Shock

• Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ill check on my CP points tonight. I think I am only at 10% in Thaumaturge. What buffs are you suggesting?? I will try some weaving in of medium attacks - I have not felt like I had time but will try that for sure. I hate giving up on stuff.
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    use major sorcery (pots or entropy) and have inner light on your frontbar for the increased critchance. Keep up wall of elements and maybe reflective light and you should increase your DPS by a bit. It may need some practice but i think you will manage to do it :)
    Just keep on practicing it.
    Noobplar
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the encouragement. I'll trudge back in there for another go with the Basturd!
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I am getting closer to beating him but no dice so far. I have rejigged CPs and been trying dual wield Torugs Pact swords with sharpened on them, but only purple. I have started to make it to the boss fight with less deaths but I still am not doing enough DPS. Man, I had him down under 10% a couple of times but then I always seem to get overwhelmed. I dunno - close to giving up. Perhaps I lack the agility required to juggle the skills and manage the mobs. At this point I think I could walk away from the Arena feeling good if I could just beat him!!!!
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you have any chance to record and upload a video? If yes, send it to me in a private message. Maybe i see something you can improve to beat vMSA.
    Noobplar
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is super generous of you. I secretly fear I just stink. I swear I do way more DPS out in the real world, I mean Tamriel. I was testing on mammoths and trolls and stuff in Wrothgar and got way higher average numbers. Oh well. I have some video recording program I think but have never used it. I may take you up on your offer if I can figure it out. Cheers-Thanks.
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL - switched to normal just to Destory him. AH the satisfaction. There really is no comparison b/w the two versions. Mobs melt like cotton candy and Maxus fell down like a drunk at closing time. Oi.

Well back to the grind. Made some minor tweaks to squeeze out a bit more DPS by using Radiant Glory to finish things off - not sure what more I can do except look at some of the morphs I have chosen on skills. What are some Templar fave DoTs? I have been relying on Reflective Light and Blazing Spear!

• Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Acharnor wrote: »
    LOL - switched to normal just to Destory him. AH the satisfaction. There really is no comparison b/w the two versions. Mobs melt like cotton candy and Maxus fell down like a drunk at closing time. Oi.

Well back to the grind. Made some minor tweaks to squeeze out a bit more DPS by using Radiant Glory to finish things off - not sure what more I can do except look at some of the morphs I have chosen on skills. What are some Templar fave DoTs? I have been relying on Reflective Light and Blazing Spear!

Use wall of elements, it's extremely strong. And don't use shards for Singletarget-fights. They are not worth it.
    Noobplar
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Destruent! You are the best. Are the shards good for multiple targets or just not that good at all? I will experiment with wall tonight. Been killing mammoths and giants in Wrothgar to check DPS and they actually have enough health to see how you are doing.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks Destruent! You are the best. Are the shards good for multiple targets or just not that good at all? I will experiment with wall tonight. Been killing mammoths and giants in Wrothgar to check DPS and they actually have enough health to see how you are doing.

Shards are great for AoE and if there are some adds near the boss. You can also throw a shard when you follow the boss to his new location. But i think casting wall of elements and reflective light should cover the time in this situation.
    Noobplar
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nidro wrote: »
    Good luck on round 5 where you'll meet Runa.

4488876837_8d3da2423a_z.jpg

Took me 7 months to pass
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Runa was the worst boss in the bunch on normal - Vet Runa gives me nightmares.
  • Nidro
    Nidro
    ✭✭✭
    Hehe, ist all about repetation lol
    do it again, and again and again and again and guess what. do it again
    i run trough there without even dying anymore xD
    ist like learning to drive a car... first few tries ur like "oh *** where is the blink?" after a year they see you drifting like Ken Block lol
    - Champion Rank 1080 -

Argonian Warden Tank - Never-Fights-Alone
    Highelf Sorcereress - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Highelf Templar - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Imperial Dragonknight - Tank - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Khajiit Nightblade - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Redguard Templar - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Darkelf Nightblade - Magicka DD - Voice of Reason
    Imperial Sorcerer - Stamina DD - The Flawless Conquerer
    Redguard Dragonknight - Stamina DD
    Argonian Templar - Healer - Heals-all-Allies -
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    OMFG - I did it! My DPS did not get high enough to nuke him before he teleported too many times. So had to really focus on getting rid of adds asap to get back on him. Got him low enough a few beams of radiant destruction could finish him. Arghhhh what a frustrating experience. But it feels good to. Anyway - thanks all. I may call on you again for the next stage!!!
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Acharnor congrats!! That summarizes the vMA experience. Banging your head against the wall over and over again, then that moment when the bosses health gets low and you know in your gut you're going to clear it.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OMFG - I did it! My DPS did not get high enough to nuke him before he teleported too many times. So had to really focus on getting rid of adds asap to get back on him. Got him low enough a few beams of radiant destruction could finish him. Arghhhh what a frustrating experience. But it feels good to. Anyway - thanks all. I may call on you again for the next stage!!!

Congrats :)

If there are any further question just ask me and i'll try to answer them.
    Noobplar
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    May just have given up without your assistance-Argonian ale is on me!
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Acharnor for stage 2, harness magicka is your friend
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got it! Will do a little questing now-whirly blades of death can wait a day or two for me to recover my sanity!
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, keep it on my main bar and keep it up?
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what I do on all my magicka classes. I think the blades are still classified as magic damage so you get resources from harness magicka.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I used a shield.

Just kept rapid regen and extended Ritual down then poker everything to death. Put the occasional puryfying light on.
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll get brave and go back in soon!!
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll get brave and go back in soon!!

Lol, I'm on the last boss and feel like it. I'm not in the right frame of mind after work, so will give it airy this weekend.
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck!!!!!! I've never experienced a challenge like this. Man, I would so love to know the stats on the % of player base that can complete this monster.
    Edited by Acharnor on September 9, 2016 2:51PM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck!!!!!! I've never experienced a challenge like this. Man, I would so love to know the stats on the % of player base that can complete this monster.

You too man. Sometimes you just need blind luck on this the first time around. I just grabbed sigills and hoped for the best most rounds. Worked up until like last one.
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know those sigils are helpful - i'm just usually in such a state of panic I can't actually organise my play to take advantage. Mostly me poking the boss, followed by running away.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's what I do on all my magicka classes. I think the blades are still classified as magic damage so you get resources from harness magicka.

No, it's physical damage so you won't get any magicka.
    Noobplar
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

@Destruent they must have changed that then. It used to be magic damage based on some old guides i used.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

@Destruent they must have changed that then. It used to be magic damage based on some old guides i used.

Ye...this was changed like half a year ago...
    Noobplar