The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Igneous Shield. Please make the Major Mending Buff last longer.

Khaos_Bane
Khaos_Bane
✭✭✭✭✭
My MAG DK is level 29 so I am a relative noob with this class. I often run as dual role DPS/Healer for dungeons as I am leveling because it's much easier grabbing a group as a healer. I am a very experienced healer with my Templar/Sorc/Magblade, so it's really easy for me to step in as a healer.

I use Igneous Shield morph for healing, which is a very cool skill in concept. However, the shield is affect is weak almost nearly useless weak. It's also very expensive to cast and only has a 6 second duration.

If you want to keep this spell on such a short duration, can you at least make the Major Mending buff last longer? 20 Seconds maybe ? Can you please pass along for developers to consider? The Major Mending buff is such a cool idea, but I think it should be a greater duration.
Thanks !

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @Wrobel
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like any increase to major mending with igneous shield!

It used to be 7 seconds before shields were reduced to only last 6. Then it was reduced to 6 seconds only, to match the shield.

But with passives, I can still get the shield to last 7.8 seconds. (Assuming something doesn't sneeze at you to destroy the shield. :D)

I would be very happy if the Major Mending were increased to at least match the duration of the shield, however long it lasted. This would result in a buff, rather than the nerf from losing the extra second. Plus I would have a visual of when to refresh my major mending.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jesus Christ NO. That would be op as *** in PvP. You need to consider all facets of the game and finish learning your class before you come here asking for easy mode buffs to already powerful skills. Time the buff with burst heals, and you're fine...
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKs don't really have burst heals, and having the major mending last longer wouldn't be OP IMO. 6 seconds is way too short of a duration. At a minimum, reduce mana cost.
    Edited by Khaos_Bane on July 22, 2016 7:41PM
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KenaPKK wrote: »
    Jesus Christ NO. That would be op as *** in PvP. You need to consider all facets of the game and finish learning your class before you come here asking for easy mode buffs to already powerful skills. Time the buff with burst heals, and you're fine...

How do you figure this would be OPAF in pvp? I've played a dedicated DK healer in PvP and I completely disagree with you. Does this opinion stem from personal experience?

The addition of Major Mending via restoration staff heavies has rendered this secondary benefit *almost* useless. I find this to be incredibly ironic, considering the fact that this skill with Major Mending was the only thing allowing DKs to generate higher pure healing output than Templars (mind you, they always lacked the burst and verstality, but raw healing potential was their forte). The only time it is proven to be more useful is when the seconds count, i.e. a steady inflow of damage but little to no time for heavies. This is most pronounced against trial bosses anyway. It will not save you from two stamblades simultaneously hitting you with Incap. Strike. It will not save you from Jesus Beam. What is your fear?
    Edited by Autolycus on July 22, 2016 7:49PM
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »
    DKs don't really have burst heals, and having the major mending last longer wouldn't be OP IMO. 6 seconds is way too short of a duration. At a minimum, reduce mana cost.

Are you for real, m8? Vigour, boy. Vigour! (A stamina ability, anyway) Takes an evening or two maximum to get it. Oh, DragonBlood too. And their natural resistances and Helping Hand's passive. Please, don't buff the Major Mending. It'll be devastating for already strong Stamina DKs in PvP. + restoration staff. If you cant keep a group alive with resto staff + major mending passive from shield, then idk wat you'r doing. In any non-vet dungeon that should be enough.

Rally + Vigour + Major Mending + Malubeth. There yougo, an unkillable DK in a 1v1. Pls no, don't extend the duration of Major Mending. Just... don't. In PvP, that is, for Stamina DKs. But it's the same. If you extend the Major Mending, you'll break PvP..

And to @Autolycus: If you can't survive two Incap-strikes as a magicka DK in PvP, Idk what you're doing wrong, for starters. Beam, break LoS or something. Can also toss in the fact that beam-range is stupid. But buffing Major Mending is not gonna solve anything.
    You have to think about Stamina DKs aswell. They're already unkillable in PvP, since everyone's running Malubeth. If they would get a Major Mending extended duration? ARE YOU CRAZY?
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And to @Autolycus: If you can't survive two Incap-strikes as a magicka DK in PvP, Idk what you're doing wrong, for starters. Beam, break LoS or something. Can also toss in the fact that beam-range is stupid. But buffing Major Mending is not gonna solve anything.
    You have to think about Stamina DKs aswell. They're already unkillable in PvP, since everyone's running Malubeth. If they would get a Major Mending extended duration? ARE YOU CRAZY?

Troll post detected.
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you for real, m8? Vigour, boy. Vigour! (A stamina ability, anyway) Takes an evening or two maximum to get it. Oh, DragonBlood too. And their natural resistances and Helping Hand's passive. Please, don't buff the Major Mending. It'll be devastating for already strong Stamina DKs in PvP. + restoration staff. If you cant keep a group alive with resto staff + major mending passive from shield, then idk wat you'r doing. In any non-vet dungeon that should be enough.

Rally + Vigour + Major Mending + Malubeth. There yougo, an unkillable DK in a 1v1. Pls no, don't extend the duration of Major Mending. Just... don't. In PvP, that is, for Stamina DKs. But it's the same. If you extend the Major Mending, you'll break PvP..

Has this just turned into a Nerf Templar thread? :D I am jealous of their almost 20 seconds.

I would just be happy if the Dragonknight Major Mending was coded to equal the duration of the shield (assuming the shield remains undamaged). That would give up to another 1.8 seconds, and I would be very excited.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SolarCat02 wrote: »

And to Autolycus: If you can't survive two Incap-strikes as a magicka DK in PvP, Idk what you're doing wrong, for starters. Beam, break LoS or something. Can also toss in the fact that beam-range is stupid. But buffing Major Mending is not gonna solve anything.

Has this just turned into a Nerf Templar thread? :D I am jealous of their almost 20 seconds.

I would just be happy if the Dragonknight Major Mending was coded to equal the duration of the shield (assuming the shield remains undamaged). That would give up to another 1.8 seconds, and I would be very excited.

Precisely! I agree. 1.8s would be a fair adjustment for both pvp and pve.
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »

Troll post detected.

Not a troll-post. I'm serious. Stamina DKs are stupidly strong in PvP. And they can heal themselves from 0 to full. You can't change one ability just for one type of build for a MAgicka DK. There's a wider perspective to the game than "Oh, magicka DK need more heal". And everyone can heal the normal dungeons with a restoration staff, anyway.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |

My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Lieblingsjunge Don't ever try to use Dragon's blood as a valid reason to why DKs would be OP when it comes to an increased major mending time. I'd love for it to be increased by 4 seconds or reduce the cost by 500 if anything.

Dragon's blood is the worst heal in the game that scales off of health missing and on top of that it's only works effectively outside of PvP unless you feel that a 16.5% of your missing health is worth using heck even if you were to combine igneous for major mending it still doesn't even make it useful; especially if you wanna factor in all the magicka cost just to use the damn thing which would be close to 10k magicka just for those two alone (stamina build).

Lastly don't bring a broken set into this saying it'll make DKs unkillable I mean have you see a templar running that with BoL like seriously you just complained about that what about a sap NB tank? Those two are something that outshines the DK when it comes to utilizing that broken set that needs to be completely nerf'd/reworked.
    Edited by MaxwellC on July 22, 2016 8:50PM
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KenaPKK wrote: »

Templars get a longer lasting Major Mending buff and they get to heal the group as well. DK should have very, very strong self-heals, and this change wouldn't be out of line.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lieblingsjunge Don't ever try to use Dragon's blood as a valid reason to why DKs would be OP when it comes to an increased major mending time. I'd love for it to be increased by 4 seconds or reduce the cost by 500 if anything.

Dragon's blood is the worst heal in the game that scales off of health missing and on top of that it's only works effectively outside of PvP unless you feel that a 16.5% of your missing health is worth using heck even if you were to combine igneous for major mending it still doesn't even make it useful; especially if you wanna factor in all the magicka cost just to use the damn thing which would be close to 10k magicka just for those two alone (stamina build).

Lastly don't bring a broken set into this saying it'll make DKs unkillable I mean have you see a templar running that with BoL like seriously you just complained about that what about a sap NB tank? Those two are something that outshines the DK when it comes to utilizing that broken set that needs to be completely nerf'd/reworked.

I just mentioned Dragon Blood just because it's a healing-skill. This thread is not about DB at all :)
    Ofc it makes it useful. This is also not a templar-qq-thread. Their BoL is not relevant at all int he comparison, as BoL works differently than a Restoration Staff-mDK. Which is what the thread is about.
    Sap-NB-tanks are pretty useless. In PvP, anyway. For PvE, probably one of the best sustained tanks.

Extending the Major Mending buff will just make Stamina DKs even stronger than they already are. As I said, you can't see this in a view from MAgickaDK's side only, as this is a skill they're both using.
    PC - EU.

• Infrapuna
    Infrapuna
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should:
    1. Buff Major mending to 50% more healing.
    2. Buff duration of major mending from igenous shield to 20s.
    Would make it a lot more balanced.

trollface.png
    "Sometimes I wish I was a goat" - @PureEnvelope35

Master Troll and 24 man solo zerg, as claimed by DC zone chat.
    (Retired) Tryhard Small Scaler

160 Magicka Sorcerrer Infrapuna EP
    160 Stamina Dragonknight The Very Great Infra DC
    160 Magicka Necromancer Infrapuna the Second DC

Proper pleb.

Infrapuna
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Lieblingsjunge
    You mentioned Dragon's blood stating that with the increased time and others would make DK OP so yes when I correct you on dragon's blood it was because I feel that you haven't played DK using this horrible skill in PvP. I will correct you again it may be a self heal but this self heal isn't worth being used in any comparison if I can only heal 16.5% of my missing health that in it's self doesn't make the skill viable.

Major mending buff as I said before I'm open for a 4 second increase but would rather it be reduced back to where it was before, prior to DB which was 3.5/3.6k especially since the shield for this skill was reduced to 6 seconds making its cost imo disproportionate.

I'm not QQing about temps or w/e as I also gave another example sap tanks. The reason why I gave it was because you thought it was a good idea to say DKs using scourger set is already OP yet you already or I at-least think you know, that this set is broken. If you don't know why it's broken well feel free to check forums showing 1 person survive a onslaught of 10 people in videos thanks to the insane heal ticks it provides. I gave you a example since you gave a DK example using this set and since this set increases all healing by 30% from all sources it was relevant for me to make a comparison with BoL or a Sap tank NB.
    Edited by MaxwellC on July 22, 2016 9:15PM
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »

Troll post detected.

Not a troll-post. I'm serious. Stamina DKs are stupidly strong in PvP. And they can heal themselves from 0 to full. You can't change one ability just for one type of build for a MAgicka DK. There's a wider perspective to the game than "Oh, magicka DK need more heal". And everyone can heal the normal dungeons with a restoration staff, anyway.

You basically led your response to me with, "you can't survive two incap strikes? l2p." Pretty much.

But see the thing is, that was merely an example. You want to take it so literally and use it to criticize, yet you're saying the same thing about stam DKs. I'm certain we've both got examples of how we've killed stam DKs and survived incap. strikes, but you don't care about that do you? You're just upset about Malubeth.

Malubeth will undoubtedly be nerfed b/c of all the outcry, and while I'm not going to argue with you about how powerful it is, I don't think it's a good reason to ignore Igneous Shield. For a year and half, Igneous Shield was the only thing that kept DK healers on-par with Templars, in terms of pure healing output. Throughout that period, Templars still had an advantage in terms of burst, support, and sustain. Everyone has Major Mending now with a resto staff, or of course Templars, and the skill itself it largely obsolete. Only for a mag. DK with high health (counter intuitive much?) will this shield be of any real value, especially in pvp. So what we're left with is a high-cost, poorly-scaling shield, which can only be cast what, like 2-3 times on a stam dk?

Meanwhile, in pve, the core healing component of DKs as a class would actually prove to be more useful than a heavy resto attack. In other words, DKs in pve would be back in a place where the one thing that made them strong healers is again a "pro" of their class, not simply available to everyone. Cauterize is a joke for burst healing, can't target the caster, has a severely limited range, and only hits one target. I love Cauterize, but it is definitely not on-par with other class burst heals; in the vast majority of cases (at least in my experience) it is used most effectively as a HoT, or as a clutch burst on a dps bar (as is the case in most dungeons).

I'm not so naive to think there aren't implications outside of just a mag. DK healer. I've been around for far too long for that. If you want to have a discussion, then let's talk, but don't lead by bashing someone over a known imbalance if you're just going to complain about a different one in the same post. I don't think an additional 1.8s on Major Mending for Igneous Shield is as severe of a buff as you believe. I'll agree that it can be powerful in combination with other things, but there is always a trade-off, such as wasting too much time applying buffs and not enough time hacking up your opponent. It's entirely possible I could be persuaded to believe otherwise, but not with l2p nonsense.
    Edited by Autolycus on July 29, 2016 3:51PM
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major Mending should last as long as the shield does. If you have the passive which makes the shield 7.8 seconds, then the buff should last 7.8 seconds too. There was no need to nerf the buff from the 7 seconds it used to be pre-db.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Clarkieson
    Clarkieson
    ✭✭✭✭
    My MAG DK is level 29 so I am a relative noob with this class. I often run as dual role DPS/Healer for dungeons as I am leveling because it's much easier grabbing a group as a healer. I am a very experienced healer with my Templar/Sorc/Magblade, so it's really easy for me to step in as a healer.

I use Igneous Shield morph for healing, which is a very cool skill in concept. However, the shield is affect is weak almost nearly useless weak. It's also very expensive to cast and only has a 6 second duration.

If you want to keep this spell on such a short duration, can you at least make the Major Mending buff last longer? 20 Seconds maybe ? Can you please pass along for developers to consider? The Major Mending buff is such a cool idea, but I think it should be a greater duration.
    Thanks !

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @Wrobel

YAY buff dragonknights because they are underpowered and not worth using

buff nightblades too

nerf sorcs, becuase NERF!!!!

templars are just fine, perfectly balanced
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I believe DK's are the only one who can access major mending at all.
    You also get 5% stamina back, ultimate regen and gives minor brutality to team while using the skill, as well as your shield, which I believe is weak because it scales from either max hp or max stamina.

To sum up, the skill is strong af
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Mac10murda
    Mac10murda
    ✭✭✭
    If you want longer major mending get a stamplar there so fun to fight against
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The same buff only lasts 3 seconds after a heavy attack with an RStaff which is kinda of little benefit.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mac10murda wrote: »

what major mending do they have?
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe DK's are the only one who can access major mending at all.
    You also get 5% stamina back, ultimate regen and gives minor brutality to team while using the skill, as well as your shield, which I believe is weak because it scales from either max hp or max stamina.

To sum up, the skill is strong af

All classes have access to Major Mending. Templars do it through class abilities. Sorcs and NBs must use a resto staff.
  • Mac10murda
    Mac10murda
    ✭✭✭
    Mac10murda wrote: »

what major mending do they have?

When they stand in there rune or whatever it is called they get major mending