The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

So Console Players do you love your text chat?

• Bizzquik
    Bizzquik
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    Can't say as it hasn't finished downloading. And still not sure how it works.....and don't have a keypad thingy yet......

Is the official Xbox One Chatpad compatible with Elder Scrolls Online...?
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was going to come out worse but I'm pleased with it.
  • smokey13a
    smokey13a
    ✭✭✭
    just found out you cant use chat when your dead which kind of sucks.
    Bizzquik wrote: »
    yep, it is :smile:
    Edited by smokey13a on August 17, 2016 5:23AM
  • XHandsomexJackX
    2 hours to download 19gb. How on earth does it take 11 hours for you?
    "You may quote me."
  • Bizzquik
    Bizzquik
    smokey13a wrote: »

Thanks!
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    smokey13a wrote: »
    just found out you cant use chat when your dead which kind of sucks.

Yeah you can't chat when dead on pc either but you can whisper a player. Not sure if you can whisper on xbox or ps4 but yeah it bars you from commucating while dead.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I love it should have been in from the begining!
    Can't say as it hasn't finished downloading. And still not sure how it works.....and don't have a keypad thingy yet......

Yes, i use it but the headset that comes with it is not very good.... However the chat pad works great for text chat!
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pecheckler wrote: »
    No more listening to all the background noise in people's living rooms, yelling wives and children, mouth breathers, players having conversations with out-of-game people with microphone open, sounds of eating and drinking, door bells, lip smacking, impossible to understand accents, barking dogs, additional televisions in the same room as their console, conversations not relevant to the game, music, and feedback from poor quality microphones or tethered cell phones.

Thank you for the text chat.

You forgot lovemaking sounds. Yes, you read that correctly. I still have mental scars from hearing that.

"Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I found text chat on my ps4 more social, i found yeaterday groups easily and enjoyed..
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on August 17, 2016 6:52AM
  • tourerttrwb17_ESO
    tourerttrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I love it. Grouping made much easier. Finding stuff - easier, more interaction with other players, etc. LOVE IT!
    PC-NA @Eon-King
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hammy01 wrote: »

Yes, i use it but the headset that comes with it is not very good.... However the chat pad works great for text chat!

I found the chat pad good for what we had a few days ago, but for this it still falls short, so I dug a spare keyboard out of a closet to plug in.

/say doesn't get seen by other alliances. I think it should.

/say is your area. /zone is everywhere inside your loading zone. How far does /yell reach?
    Edited by Cryptical on August 17, 2016 1:36PM
    Xbox NA
  • Lucius_Aelius
    Lucius_Aelius
    ✭✭✭✭
    No I am not a fan.
    I love that it's been added but it desperately needs some basic functionality added:

1. Allow you to move/fight one-handed while typing with the other
    2. Allow you to enable and disable the channels you receive from other people in any combination you see fit
    3. Allow you to type and send messages while dead

I don't know how anyone ever thought it made any kind of sense at all to disable movement and actions while typing messages, but having it that way makes it useless in combat for both PvP and PvE. Lack of channels as well is a ridiculous oversight, there needs to be the option to have text chat on but only receive messages from channels of your choosing, having Zone/Area chats permanently enabled ensures that I will avoid using this feature anywhere besides Dungeons/Trials and PvP.

And not being able to send messages while dead is just an obnoxious aspect that only serves to make voice chat the clearly superior method of communication since you can talk all you want while dead. There needs to be consistency for it to be fair or right, and since people can always just use party chat or teamspeak or whathaveyou then people with voice chat will always be able to communicate while dead and as such so should people using text chat, anything less just relegates text chat to permanently being even less useful than it already automatically is compared to voice chat because of its ease of use and seamless use in combat.
    Edited by Lucius_Aelius on August 17, 2016 2:26PM
    Daggerfall Covenant - Scourge (Xbox NA) - GT: Lucius Aelius - Lord - 648CP
    Lucius Aelius Aurelius - 50 Imperial Dragonknight - Centurion - Stam Tank
    Lucius Aelius Valerius - 50 Imperial Templar - Lieutenant - Mag Heal/DPS
    Lucius Aelius Regulus - 50 Imperial Nightblade - First Sergeant - Stam DPS
    Lucius Aelius Augustus - 50 Imperial Sorcerer - Corporal - Mag DPS
    Wags-His-Tail - 20 Argonian Sorcerer - Recruit - TBD
    Holds-The-Line - 40 Argonian Dragonknight - Recruit - TBD
    Carries-Extra-Gear - 4 Argonian Dragonknight - Recruit - TBD
    Guildmaster - Wardens of the Covenant
    Group Leader - xpThe Guildxp
    Trader - Secret Sauce
    Trader - Elite Dungeoneers
  • CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kammakazi wrote: »
    If Digital Extremes, a small company that created Warframe can do a separated chat like this:
    R4XaIRD.jpg

It'd be a lot better.

You can do that on console too. Go to the menu/social /text chat. You get a full screen text box.
    Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons of Light - Warlock, Hufflepuff House - ADXB1 - NA
    I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No I am not a fan.
    I voted "No", but only because there wasn't a "I don't really care, I don't/won't ever use the Text Chat function when I can just talk through my headset" option.

Text Chat coming to consoles means nothing to me. It does nothing for my game, and there is the nighest of probabilities that I will never turn the Chat Window to "On".

If people were (for some reason) excited for this, then I hope they like it.

I've played MMO's since forever, and I've always hated having to pause what I''m doing to type in some little damn window. Annoying as hell IMO.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm super annoyed with show offs linking their bind on pickup items on chat.

Say chat is toxic like area chat. Can it be turned off?
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Racist, political, religious and ePeen chat, filled with expletives and sprinkled with attempts by tweens to shock the community, all coming to console?

Be careful what you ask for....
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »

It can be turned off, it's an option under social i believe.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Lucius_Aelius
    Lucius_Aelius
    ✭✭✭✭
    No I am not a fan.

It can be turned off, it's an option under social i believe.

Specific channels cannot be turned off no, the only options in Social are on/off for the text chat box altogether and profanity and size options, that's it (and it's a problem that needs to be sorted because these are some garbage options if ever I've seen any, none of the most important options are anywhere to be found).
    Daggerfall Covenant - Scourge (Xbox NA) - GT: Lucius Aelius - Lord - 648CP
    Lucius Aelius Aurelius - 50 Imperial Dragonknight - Centurion - Stam Tank
    Lucius Aelius Valerius - 50 Imperial Templar - Lieutenant - Mag Heal/DPS
    Lucius Aelius Regulus - 50 Imperial Nightblade - First Sergeant - Stam DPS
    Lucius Aelius Augustus - 50 Imperial Sorcerer - Corporal - Mag DPS
    Wags-His-Tail - 20 Argonian Sorcerer - Recruit - TBD
    Holds-The-Line - 40 Argonian Dragonknight - Recruit - TBD
    Carries-Extra-Gear - 4 Argonian Dragonknight - Recruit - TBD
    Guildmaster - Wardens of the Covenant
    Group Leader - xpThe Guildxp
    Trader - Secret Sauce
    Trader - Elite Dungeoneers
  • danny_zuko2309b16_ESO
    It's a fantastic addition to the game and is something that definitely should have been in from the beginning! The game lacked that little piece of life that voice chat was unable to bring to the table.

I know it's only at it's early stage which is why it wont bother me too much that improvements need to be made already to it. Option to view quick chat emotes should be toggled, report for spam option in the main text chat window, option to write text after linking said item without it just blankly going into the chat window and maybe even a trade chat window. This is only to name but a few. But I honestly couldn't be more happy that they've added this!! Next addition? Buff displays!
  • Natetendo83
    Natetendo83
    ✭✭
    Tried it last night and I absolutely love it. You get spammers in the major cities, but that's normal, but the ability to send quick messages to the guild using the guild channel is wonderful.
  • EZgoin76
    EZgoin76
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm loving it for the most part. It's easier for me to ignore the idiots in text chat than it is in voice chat. I love having the option to use both voice and text. It should have been in the game from the start.

Those of you saying you will never use it are only limiting yourselves. To about 13 meters to be precise.

The only things I don't like are.... 1 - It's off by default. Should be on. If you don't like it then turn it off. Same as the people do with voice chat.

2 - Depending on what channel I'm in, that channel should be the only one I see as well.

3 - We should be able to type before and after linking an item.

Besides those three things, I'm loving it.
    I want to change the world. I'm just to lazy to do it.
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No I am not a fan.
    I just hope that someone isn't trying to communicate with me through it as I'm leaving it off.
    If there's a question that I need to ask some random player directly, I send them a message through their Xbox gamercard.
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't whisper across alliances, also a problem. We can have cross-alliance guilds in guild chat, and in guild text, so whisper across alliances should be enabled.
    Xbox NA
  • DurzoBlint13
    DurzoBlint13
    ✭✭✭✭
    it would/could be one of the best features in the game IF people slow down on using it to try to pawn their extra gear to make money. Putting hard to find items up every once in a while is one thing, but last night 3 out of 4 posts were just people trying to clear out their inventory and posting anything and everything they have. Even saw people trying to post monster sets like they could sell them....and no this was area text not group
    also I love that they use the same color codes that are already in place for voice chat - white (area), blue (group), green (guild)
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Racist, political, religious and ePeen chat, filled with expletives and sprinkled with attempts by tweens to shock the community, all coming to console?

Be careful what you ask for....

You realise that has been a thing in area voice chat since console version was released,
  • JakelDK
    JakelDK
    ✭✭✭

i have tried 2 different chatpads on the same controller and while they are compatible, the "special keys" i.e. the symbols brought about by first using the orange or green keys are all out of order or altogether missing... i don't know if it is because my controller is over two years old and if the newer upgraded wireless controllers are compatible and makes the chatpad function right.
    Edited by JakelDK on August 17, 2016 5:47PM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hadn't tried to figure it out, but see people using it in the emoji things over their head. Pretty nifty looking. They can change the colors. I saw many "DPS looking for _____ vet daily"
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Love it but needs some work so it can function with a keyboard better
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No, but you can ignore them :)
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's very early days of course, but from what I have experienced so far, and the few 'test' conversations I have had (all very pleasant and helpful), I like it. I also like that it can be turned off when I want to wander around without that particular distraction. I can see it being a useful addition or alternative to voice chat in certain situations, but I really wanted text chat for RP purposes.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'