The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• anamenobodyelsehas
    anamenobodyelsehas
    ✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »
    TipsyDrow wrote: »
    Now folks can respond to this post by saying I'm salty, I'm triggered yadda yadda etc. And that would be true. What I'm not is stupid or blind.
    TOODLES!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlBnpIbZQL5PDAX0Gws5Ar65DE-BYuAcY-hsUjtN5nqDvXw0vjCA

wow not sure the last time I saw a reference to Charles Bukowski...

We had Joyce a few pages back, so I thought I'd keep it going ;)
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TipsyDrow wrote: »
    Now folks can respond to this post by saying I'm salty, I'm triggered yadda yadda etc. And that would be true. What I'm not is stupid or blind.
    TOODLES!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlBnpIbZQL5PDAX0Gws5Ar65DE-BYuAcY-hsUjtN5nqDvXw0vjCA

wow not sure the last time I saw a reference to Charles Bukowski...

We had Joyce a few pages back, so I thought I'd keep it going ;)

I've always been more fond of ee cummings myself... She Being Brand....
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm... I'd say I get the most vitriol from DC. I jumped into Kyne a week or so ago and the map was totally blue. Not a single keep, resource or town any other colour. Not many on for EP, so I ride solo over to Crops and begin taking flags. The Emp rushes in, kills me along with a couple of his buddies, and then whispers me "Have a nice ride back." This emp also defended our trikeeps hard...

There was another lady (toon, no idea about the person themselves) who would repeatedly tbag me after her 12+ group would wipe me and a couple other pugs. I whispered "her" to "stay classy" and got a string of profanity back... "She" was/is DC as well...

I did have a pretty fun exchange with Emily last week while she was trying to flag one of our trikeeps... That was just fun... :)

I found the same about dc, once i start playing on EP instead of dc (because we won every campaign for like 2 months) it was the dc players that were very toxic towards me.
  • kit_sune
    kit_sune
    ✭✭✭
    As of late all these post are a good reason why I'm leaving kyne. It's just become a toxic ass place. Honestly, so many people have conspiracies about people running gold gear and asylum weapons, but that's on all factions. I know people on ep with gold weapons, people on ad with gold weapons, and people on D.C. With gold weapons. I remember back in the day when I played AD we would conspire with D.C. To fight EP only. I think all factions do it if they have friends in other factions.

I think in this current state some people in here have a over glorified view of their own faction but I remember many time that we had no keeps and since D.C. Couldn't beat ad, they push our doors. I've defended arrius many times from D.C. AD has had D.C. in their sights almost always, and when ad can do *** against dc ep has to fight ad.

I've gotta toxic whispers from every faction. Kyne has become a landfill imo. It's not even fun anymore.
    Everyone's Favorite Fox
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »
    Hmmm... I'd say I get the most vitriol from DC. I jumped into Kyne a week or so ago and the map was totally blue. Not a single keep, resource or town any other colour. Not many on for EP, so I ride solo over to Crops and begin taking flags. The Emp rushes in, kills me along with a couple of his buddies, and then whispers me "Have a nice ride back." This emp also defended our trikeeps hard...

There was another lady (toon, no idea about the person themselves) who would repeatedly tbag me after her 12+ group would wipe me and a couple other pugs. I whispered "her" to "stay classy" and got a string of profanity back... "She" was/is DC as well...

I did have a pretty fun exchange with Emily last week while she was trying to flag one of our trikeeps... That was just fun... :)

I found the same about dc, once i start playing on EP instead of dc (because we won every campaign for like 2 months) it was the dc players that were very toxic towards me.

Very interesting indeed
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Kyne is in a bad place like people say it is. Ya it does suck surviving to a dawnbreaker but then getting wiped by two meteors. But, those are the "OMG!" moments that makes Kyne fun.

PvP would be much better if we always had even pops, get rid of the "oo-h I have to play with my friends" faction swappers, and the "This is not real war" players that think PvP is hiding in the corner and talking in zone chat.

As far as AD/EP always attacking us at the same time, that will always happen. I see it in both kyne and vivec. We just need to play Harder, Smarter and Faster.

#DC1
    #ThisIsRealWar

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Itsnotarealwar
    Itsnotarealwar
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. It's not. It's not a real war. It's a video game. Perhaps it would benefit you to study a little history to gain some insight to the horrors of real war.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. It's not. It's not a real war. It's a video game. Perhaps it would benefit you to study a little history to gain some insight to the horrors of real war.

I knew you would come out of hiding. Waits for @Stridig

• Itsnotarealwar
    Itsnotarealwar
    ✭✭✭
    Nice deflection. I'm pretty sure @Stridig is on a corporate jet headed to Houston doing big kid stuff. I'm sure he'll be more than happy to argue about intellectually mediocre topics when he lands though.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Pshhh, spoken like someone who's never been gatecamped or something, idk. Probably play more than one faction, too. And you golded out something toxic.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nice deflection. I'm pretty sure @Stridig is on a corporate jet headed to Houston doing big kid stuff. I'm sure he'll be more than happy to argue about intellectually mediocre topics when he lands though.

While we wait for your troll.

If you step into the game, It is real war against alliances. However, if you don't think this is a game, and are talking about something completely different other than ESO then maybe you are on the wrong forum?

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The other day I was in PvP and started feeling sad.

I was training my horse, and seen this girl on her mount next to me. She had no hair, really skinny and was pale from being a vampire. I then noticed her name, "Cancer Patient". Does anyone know this person? I was going to say, Hi, but just ended up walking away.

• Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the real issue in Kyne is the skill gap is getting bigger between the players who have 100s of hours in on the game and those just coming in. People who have the time to put 20-30 hours a week on the game for years have had longer to work on their rotations, learn tricks and tips, know how to farm (and have time to farm) higher level skills & gear and how to put all that together to be efficient, tanky and hit like a truck. If skill were ranked on a 1-100 scale, a year ago nubes were coming in at 10 and the top payers were at 70.... now, nubes are still coming in at 10 but those top players are at 80....
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the real issue in Kyne is the skill gap is getting bigger between the players who have 100s of hours in on the game and those just coming in. People who have the time to put 20-30 hours a week on the game for years have had longer to work on their rotations, learn tricks and tips, know how to farm (and have time to farm) higher level skills & gear and how to put all that together to be efficient, tanky and hit like a truck. If skill were ranked on a 1-100 scale, a year ago nubes were coming in at 10 and the top payers were at 70.... now, nubes are still coming in at 10 but those top players are at 80....

There are so many tricks involved with "proper" leveling in Kyne it's insane. So many little ways to tweak out a few extra percentages of efficiency.

The monkey's rest WW grind, for instance, that gets you to WW level 10 at level 3 in about 20 minutes. That used to be (relatively) secret knowledge, and along with grinding with critical-to-morph WW skills on a regular skill bar gave players "in the know" who wanted to twink out a WW a significant advantage over those who didn't know those tricks. How is that fair in the "newbie" camp?

Then there's the skillbook trick. The 7 vs 5-1-1 vs 5-2 type thing that most new players won't parse. Dawnbreaker and Meteor grinding (though I will say, dawnbreaker is slightly less evidence of cheese now then it used to be due to the prevalence of alikr dolmen grind zergs). Alchemy potion duration passive grind. Set bonuses that scale better with outleveling than others (while obvious, that one still doesn't seem to be common knowledge). Reapplying food after a level.

So even if you are equal in skill and gear, a new player's toon is going to be underpowered compared to a relatively casual reroller, let alone a hardcore one unless they receive explicit guidance on how to level for kyne--and 99 percent of the time if you ask for leveling advice, you'll be told to level all lines and weapons up and not worry about too much until vet ranks--the worst possible advice for Kyne, obviously.

I've been dabbling in there on a couple reds the past week, and will for a while, most likely. It's interesting to come back to nonvet after some time away.

Offline mode is super secret tech.
  • Itsnotarealwar
    Itsnotarealwar
    ✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »

While we wait for your troll.

If you step into the game, It is real war against alliances. However, if you don't think this is a game, and are talking about something completely different other than ESO then maybe you are on the wrong forum?

Pretty sure I did indeed say this IS a game. Not sure what you are getting at but sure. Whatever you say.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure I did indeed say this IS a game. Not sure what you are getting at but sure. Whatever you say.

I'm gong to drop my conversation on "Real War" stuff. I don't want players upset if they have been in a real war and/or lost friends/family in a war. If you did, then I am sorry.

Goes back in to hiding.

giphy.gif

• Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been dabbing in there on a couple reds the past week,

Sad I've missed Deadly's dance moves on EP this week....
    Obituary:
  • anamenobodyelsehas
    anamenobodyelsehas
    ✭✭✭

giphy.gif
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I stand by what I said. I believe the full statement invokes "haters," too.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    Datthaw wrote: »

Very interesting indeed

It's really not very interesting; it's completely predictable. You could get the same thing with any two alliances in any campaign; you actually get the same thing with professional sports teams and fans who get upset when their former favorite athletes leave to play for another team.
    kit_sune wrote: »
    As of late all these post are a good reason why I'm leaving kyne. It's just become a toxic ass place. Honestly, so many people have conspiracies about people running gold gear and asylum weapons, but that's on all factions. I know people on ep with gold weapons, people on ad with gold weapons, and people on D.C. With gold weapons. I remember back in the day when I played AD we would conspire with D.C. To fight EP only. I think all factions do it if they have friends in other factions.

I think in this current state some people in here have a over glorified view of their own faction but I remember many time that we had no keeps and since D.C. Couldn't beat ad, they push our doors. I've defended arrius many times from D.C. AD has had D.C. in their sights almost always, and when ad can do *** against dc ep has to fight ad.

I've gotta toxic whispers from every faction. Kyne has become a landfill imo. It's not even fun anymore.

I'm sorry to hear you say this, it's certainly not very much like my experience of Kyne.
    However, and I mean this in the most complementary of ways, I'm not that surprised that you get toxic whispers - you hit like a truck and are incredibly elusive and a real effort to pin down.

There are so many tricks involved with "proper" leveling in Kyne it's insane. So many little ways to tweak out a few extra percentages of efficiency.

The monkey's rest WW grind, for instance, that gets you to WW level 10 at level 3 in about 20 minutes. That used to be (relatively) secret knowledge, and along with grinding with critical-to-morph WW skills on a regular skill bar gave players "in the know" who wanted to twink out a WW a significant advantage over those who didn't know those tricks. How is that fair in the "newbie" camp?

Then there's the skillbook trick. The 7 vs 5-1-1 vs 5-2 type thing that most new players won't parse. Dawnbreaker and Meteor grinding (though I will say, dawnbreaker is slightly less evidence of cheese now then it used to be due to the prevalence of alikr dolmen grind zergs). Alchemy potion duration passive grind. Set bonuses that scale better with outleveling than others (while obvious, that one still doesn't seem to be common knowledge). Reapplying food after a level.

So even if you are equal in skill and gear, a new player's toon is going to be underpowered compared to a relatively casual reroller, let alone a hardcore one unless they receive explicit guidance on how to level for kyne--and 99 percent of the time if you ask for leveling advice, you'll be told to level all lines and weapons up and not worry about too much until vet ranks--the worst possible advice for Kyne, obviously.

I agree with Lums comment that there are enormous skill gaps, and I can see how most of the tricks Deadly cites work, although there aren't any of them I really bother with. I have no idea how people manage to keep their gear up to level, at least jewelry and associated bits if it's an overland set. The biggest thing I think is going on with the people I know are operating at a level far beyond me? This isn't their first rodeo (and in several cases, I know this to be true). This isnt the first time they've played/leveled say a magDK for PvP, and they've put a lot of thought and time into their build and skill set and combinations, which I can't come close to matching with a generalized knowledge of how the game works but no prior pvp experience with any of the specs I've played in Kyne so far (magsorc, stamblade, and magplar so far).
    IDK, I still have fun trying to figure out how to play new specs in underleveled no better than blue gear.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are y'all tagging me today? Did I miss an argument or something?
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • anamenobodyelsehas
    anamenobodyelsehas
    ✭✭✭
    Why are y'all tagging me today? Did I miss an argument or something?

tumblr_nce1hv67iZ1tmhhoqo1_400.gif
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oklahoma, Texas, Illinois and Montana. Houston is my second stop. Duty calls.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oklahoma, Texas, Illinois and Montana. Houston is my second stop. Duty calls.

Buy me some of that cool but really useless sky mall stuff
  • Swaye
    Swaye
    ✭✭✭
    Mistress, Emily, you know I wanted to avoid this and they can ban my account but to me I think you girls are the best.

And I know they almost *** in their pants when we type and they can't wait to tell us what to do.

To me Emily , Mitress, you guys are the best. If it werent for you I'd quit.
    Edited by Swaye on March 10, 2018 5:34AM
    Swaye.
  • Swaye
    Swaye
    ✭✭✭
    I get called a C every *** night, how's that working out for you PC warriors?
    Swaye.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think anyone on here is glad for that, @Swaye .
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    I don't think anyone on here is glad for that, @Swaye .

Agreed. Every time I've run into @Swaye it has been a great fight. Nothing but respect.
    Obituary:
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Swaye wrote: »
    I get called a C every *** night, how's that working out for you PC warriors?

But daaawling, I only say that with loooove!!
    HUGS annnnd KISSES!!!
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Swaye wrote: »
    To me Emily , Mitress, you guys are the ***. If it werent for you I'd quit.

Thank you, and you can't quit we have too many AD/EP to kill! Honestly, players like both you are what makes Kyne a better place.

Speaking of quitting. If I decide to quit I want to die at BB gate, and then have DC alliance give me a farewell party as I log off for the last time.

This discussion has been closed.