The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• ŞσƦѦ
    ŞσƦѦ
    ✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I often wonder if it is lack of math skills or AD can't see.

Time for an eye exam:
    All AD members read line 6 for me

eye_test.jpg
    I lol'd irl.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ŞσƦѦ wrote: »
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I think there is a solution out there somewhere:
    1. Do what Sora suggested, only give up to 12 players in an area AP. I personally don't think that would work, I like the idea but they would still be poplocked and might not even care about AP.
    What I proposed is a little different than that. In the game I spent most of my gaming years playing there were "groups" and "raids". A group was up to 6 players. A raid was up to 24 players. A raid would not gain pvp credit for kills because it TRIVIALIZES pvp making it TOO EASY. What I suggest is that ESO adapt the same type of system but tweak it so raids only get credit from other raids instead of no credit at all. That way if you want ezmode zerg pvp you only get credit from other people who want ezmode zerg pvp.

When a player is killed the system would check your group size and the size of the group the player who was killed was in. If your grp size was 13+ and the person who died's grp size was 13+ you gain AP. If your group size was 12+ and the person who died's grp size was under 13 then you gain no AP as so on and so forth.

It worked very well and I'd love to see something like that implemented for Cyrodiil.

One bit of context in terms of how ESO has handled AP gain in the past that might be worth mentioning:

When Thieves Guild DLC dropped ZOS made some changes to how AP was distributed and earned in various group sizes. They dramatically increased small-man AP gain, to the point where the best AP is very clearly earned in a 6 man group--AP gains for large groups were reduced (technically all AP gains were increased, but in proportion small groups were earning more, the grouping modifiers heavily favor groups 6 or less).

It changed nothing in terms of group size and zerging.

Add to this the devaluation of AP, with the overall increase earned and the HUGE decrease to the amount needed for alliance war ranks, and I'm not sure adjusting AP gain will really work as a behavior modifier.

That being said, I do think it's a good idea--some issues (what about the ungrouped player who just runs in the large group and tags kills?) but nothing that couldn't be tweaked.

One suggestion that I've seen is dynamic pop caps, where the alliance with the most pop hits lock when they have as many players as the other two put together. Then, hypothetically, it's never terribly unbalanced assuming all factions don't do stupid things (heh). There are issues with this too, of course, but for a campaign that has a lower overall pop then the main ones, it seems like a good idea.

Ultimately, ZOS doesn't seem interested in doing much to change the dynamic of the PvP in this game, so it is what it is until Battlegrounds come out (which I'm sure will have their own issues). Anyway, I'm in PvE or Haderus/TF until we are down to last 2 emp keeps this campaign.

Also, fun fights at the farm yesterday.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's funny how you talk about the population and how "skilled" DC players are. Maybe you've forgotten that some months back a few DC players hacked the server to give DC a population boost, decreasing EP's population in the process, all just to keep AD from getting emp. Desperate? But then again I guess that's part of your "skill set".
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maikon wrote: »
    It's funny how you talk about the population and how "skilled" DC players are. Maybe you've forgotten that some months back a few DC players hacked the server to give DC a population boost, decreasing EP's population in the process, all just to keep AD from getting emp. Desperate? But then again I guess that's part of your "skill set".

this is the first im EVER hearing about this.... u sure it happened on BwB? and not another campaign? @Adenoma @DeadlyRecluse did u guys ever hear about this?
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on August 18, 2016 5:58PM
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »

this is the first im EVER hearing about this.... u sure it happened on BwB? and not another campaign? @Adenoma @DeadlyRecluse did u guys ever hear about this?

....nope.
    I'd love to see a source on this one.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Um...what?
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • ŞσƦѦ
    ŞσƦѦ
    ✭✭✭

Just lol.... anyways nice defense at Roe a few mins ago AD. Was a fun pretty well-balanced battle.
  • Freakquent
    Freakquent
    ✭✭
    So how about them stam sorcs.....
    CP400+
    PC/NA PVP: BWB, Trueflame, Haderus & Azura's
    Typically known as Eunil - Peio - Dobrev
    Pugz - Imperial Trade Union - The Guardians Galore
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Freakquent i am completely LOVING the position stam sorcs are in currently
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Setana_Shial
    Setana_Shial
    ✭✭✭
    One thing that I have noticed about this constant complaining is that no one is telling anyone to stop playing solo or in small groups. Just the opposite, if that's what you enjoy then do it. Then why is it that so many choose to say that you can't or shouldn't do large scale pvp? If that is what they enjoy why should they be forced to stop? In bwb there is plenty of chances for people to do solo play, small group play, and yes, large group play. Telling anyone who enjoys doing one or more of these things that they are weak because they are doing what they want for fun is just immature. I know that this comment will ruffle some peoples jim jams. So crying over and over about people in large groups and not playing just like you is pretty much just being childish. There will always be the solo gankers, and small groups running around doing their own thing. There will be those large groups going back and forth between keeps.
    Setana Shial, Marian Shial, Onalia Shial, Alanna Shial
    AD from the beginning, AD till the end
    Guild: Agents of the Dominion
  • EdmundTowers
    EdmundTowers
    ✭✭✭
    My time zone is PST. So I'm 1-3 hours behind everyone else in NA. Which means these pics are usually coming in late to the party. But you have Emily's providing pics too. So let's see how AD is dominating with "pure numbers". TL DR read below.

Monday Night: AD dominated last week's campaign hard. Scoreboard was already decided. So few people playing. I only logged on to take a look at the map and didn't play. DC doing good though. Has their hands on EP/AD keeps. Looking close to crowning a DC emp. Were they planning to start the next campaign strong?
    HahTIZp.png
    35ccJx2.png

Tuesday Morning: Start of new campaign. I don't know if DC crowned Monday night, but they sure got Orange'd in the morning. I just logged on to look at the map then went to work. Emp Hardwell took the week off and logged on to push for emp at this point. Crowned a couple hours later
    mbGsYhF.png
    zcwBdkw.png

Tuesday Night: Forgot to take pic when I logged on. But basically AD still had their home keeps and Ash. Wiping purple left and right. AD pop locked, EP 3 bars, and DC 2 bars. Normally it's AD pop lock and EP/DC at 3 bars at this time. Where your 1 bar of DC gone? Anyways, I already posted pics earlier of how DC turned on EP and hit Chal and Arrius. We took advantage of that and took Sej and BRK. Thanks DC! Most of EP logged after the double team.
    s1cICvK.png
    VuAsIce.png

Wednesday Morning
    log on:
    Woke up super early. 2 bar AD, 2 bar DC, 1 bar EP. We took DC's scrolls and they logged off. Then we took EP's scrolls with our 2 bars. Call me a dirty night capper if you want. I just want to see how EP/DC sort out that scroll placement.
    d5Lup9b.png
    UkwAr7x.png
    log off:
    jXEPjTi.png
    IkGP3C1.png

Wednesday Night
    log on:
    Same story as yesterday night. DC still missing a bar they usually have at this time. Ad has Glade. From what I gathered, DC took back Ash and Nik and was pushing Roe hard. AD back capped Glade and used it to take back Nik and Ash.

Later that night EP took back Chal from DC and then continued with bleakers and dragonclaw. Thanks EP!
    cAqKEsT.png
    VmDakeb.png
    log off
    4AYOCYh.png
    kjLAF1N.png

Thursday Morning (today) Forgot to take log on pic as DC was pushing hard. But it was 1 bar pops all around when I logged on at 6am. DC pushed took Ash, Nik, Brindle, failed at Roe, then took Alessia and Chalman (lol). I woke up Emp Hardwell from his 3 hours sleep and we took everything back except Ash where we wiped. We ignored Chal. You can keep Chal. Took Glade instead. I logged off, but popped back in to take another screenshot a few hours later.
    log off:
    5SdmDC9.png
    PNXqCSr.png
    checking in:
    qssrbO8.png
    Agj6eo5.png

That's all I have so far. See you all tonight.

TL DR:
    Prime time AD pop locked, EP 3 bars, DC 2 bars. DC missing a bar that they usually have in prime time. Where your DC gone?
    Also, It should be AD vs purple since we have emp, so in fact it is AD that is outnumbered. 4AD bars vs 3EP+2DC. But EP and DC keep turning on each other so thanks.

Off time AD 2 bars, DC 2 bars, EP 1 bar.
    Edited by EdmundTowers on August 18, 2016 7:56PM
    Co GM of Imperium of the Eagle, PvP Guild NA PC, ~Aldmeri Dominion~
    Tyrael Allynna Aldmeri Magplar
  • The_Mort_You_Know
    What happened to builds, snacks and ice trebs? People eat and sleep in times of war and wars are won and lost while people are eating and sleeping. We know population varies, at this point it's arbitrary to continue to discuss it, like grammatically correct speeling ;)

But I digress with my very unpopular views as a grammarchist.

Let's talk snacks. I am finding a hard time with resource management, at least with my stam builds. I almost always used drinks in BW due to the no CP but with my stam builds I wasn't nearly hitting hard enough. So I switched to food and gear to buff my stam and damage but I'll be damned it the fight last longer than 2 min. Anyone else have similar issues or solutions. Or am I just perpetually a scrub?

• TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭

Maikon...Maikon...Maikon you poor ignorant fool. The hack was done on a vet server. Remember I was in teamspeak when the ZOS employee told us......One more Lie debunked. You keep trying though dear, because....funny.
    NEXT!!!
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
  • ŞσƦѦ
    ŞσƦѦ
    ✭✭✭
    Prime time AD pop locked, EP 3 bars, DC 2 bars. DC missing a bar that they usually have in prime time. Where your DC gone?
    Also, It should be AD vs purple since we have emp, so in fact it is AD that is outnumbered. 4AD bars vs 3EP+2DC. But EP and DC keep turning on each other so thanks.

Off time AD 2 bars, DC 2 bars, EP 1 bar.
    It's not "turning on each other" it's EP attacking the faction that's closer in population so they actually have a chance to win based on strategy, knowledge, and skill as opposed to having all of the aforementioned nullified by sheer numbers. and sometimes DC doing the same (though it's usually EP provoking). As explained many times by many people, people are TIRED of fighting the zergalicious AD blob all the time.

I'd assume DC's numbers are down for reasons people have already mentioned in this thread: Everyone is TIRED of the AD zerg. It's really not rocket science.

Player A logs in and tries to find some pvp for an hour or two after work to enjoy some game time before dinner, sleep, spending time with family, etc. Player A is met with a huge blob of yellow every where they go. Player A does not have fun playing this game as nothing he does makes a difference. Player A joins a group and gets run down by multiple zergs. Player A has no option for enjoying them self in the game aside from switching campaigns or just not pvping.

• Setana_Shial
    Setana_Shial
    ✭✭✭
    Aaaannnnnddddddd more crying and complaining
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I had a little time to play my magicka DK today and I had a lot of fun. Super tanky, but missing its magDK friends.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *Cracks open the door to a dark scary room...

Player A is sick of being zerged and goes to the forums to rant and yell at everyone.
    Player B goes to forums for some light reading to pass the time. Sees the flaming and baiting and insults being thrown around like confetti. Gets pissed, logs on to ZERG them even harder.

This thread is making it worse. Why have any compassion for the situation? Sugar works better than salt.

*Sneaks away before anyone notices...never to return

Don't bother replying...I have you blocked
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • MopeyHat
    MopeyHat
    ✭✭✭✭
    TipsyDrow wrote: »

Maikon...Maikon...Maikon you poor ignorant fool. The hack was done on a vet server. Remember I was in teamspeak when the ZOS employee told us......One more Lie debunked. You keep trying though dear, because....funny.
    NEXT!!!

I was there too...it happened multiple times, according to him. The first occurrence was on a vet server (Azura's I believe). The one he told us was happening at the time was on Blackwater.

I even recall that Shady was trying to get emp.

Unfortunately I haven't seen guy - not a ZOS employee, but a guy working for a server company - in quite some time, so we can't verify with him. I know those two are trolls, but you don't have to stoop to their level. It confuses me how you repeat the behavior that made you leave AD. Good teachers, I suppose.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Well, I had a little time to play my magicka DK today and I had a lot of fun. Super tanky, but missing its magDK friends.

MagDK incoming.... in 3 hours.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now we need Cola to finish his and we'll have a blast.
  • Setana_Shial
    Setana_Shial
    ✭✭✭
    TipsyDrow wrote: »

NEXT!!!

Same employee also said that the hack also effected all campaigns. So during this period blue still had a number advantage on both factions in every campaign.
    Little Lilly needs to get all the facts straight.
    Also in the same TS just before you left AD you were talking about your macros, and now you mention animation cancelling as skill? Hmmmmm the implications.
    NEXT!!!!
  • ŞσƦѦ
    ŞσƦѦ
    ✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    Just popping in to say goodbye. It has been cool to meet some of the people who I fight. Mad respect to most of you. See you all in game. : ))
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    *Cracks open the door to a dark scary room...
    Gets pissed, logs on to ZERG them even harder.
    Wasn't much of a goodbye.... have fun zerging even harder though, just makes our victories against the odds even more triumphant.

Edited by ŞσƦѦ on August 18, 2016 10:14PM
  • Just_call_me_Cola
    Just_call_me_Cola
    ✭✭✭
    We keep bitchen about Population sizes, forum is probably gonna get shut down again. But seriously stop with all the pop screen shots makes it harder to scroll and read at work. Screen cap stats I to rethink were I should be at for some toons.BUT SERIOUSLY Stam sorcs op
    Edited by Just_call_me_Cola on August 18, 2016 10:59PM
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People keep saying stam sorcs are OP like it's new. It's been a thing. I've been a follower of the true chosen path for many a campaign. Stam sorc has always been and will always be OP.

But @Just_call_me_Cola , get your magDK ready. Sheesh.
  • The_Mort_You_Know
    We keep bitchen about Population sizes, forum is probably gonna get shut down again. But seriously stop with all the pop screen shots makes it harder to scroll and read at work.

Yes I'm glad I tried to derail this conversation hrs ago... it worked so well.

Who else blows at least 3 lines of sea monkey eggs before they log into BWB?
  • EdmundTowers
    EdmundTowers
    ✭✭✭
    Dont think the threads were closed due to talking about campaign. They were closed due to the personal attacks people were throwing out.
    Co GM of Imperium of the Eagle, PvP Guild NA PC, ~Aldmeri Dominion~
    Tyrael Allynna Aldmeri Magplar
  • Just_call_me_Cola
    Just_call_me_Cola
    ✭✭✭
    Edmund you shut your *** mouth
    Edited by Just_call_me_Cola on August 18, 2016 11:31PM
  • Just_call_me_Cola
    Just_call_me_Cola
    ✭✭✭
    Comments like that probably
  • ŞσƦѦ
    ŞσƦѦ
    ✭✭✭
    Dear EP: We've done alot of work taking every AD keep to work up to this dethrone... please stop coming from behind and pancaking us while we fight AD at Alessia. The only thing you are accomplishing is helping AD keep emp.

Sincerely,
    Common Sense

Edit: Also, taking Aleswell while we fight AD @ last emp keep? Sigh...
    Edited by ŞσƦѦ on August 19, 2016 12:07AM
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really fun Alessia defense.
This discussion has been closed.