Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ad must be unstoppable after all that practice
    Options
  • c.winchell1975_ESO
    giphy.gif
    Options
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beaverton wrote: »
    Necronhex wrote: »
    So we have AA faction flipping in DC then AA in AD letting DC take the map.
    ZOS when are you going to lock factions during campaign and run a far game.
    This is unacceptable.

1. The vast majority of AA did not find out about this until this week. To my direct knowledge, only two AA members knew/participated and while it would not surprise me if a few others knew (3-5) or even participated, the other 100 or so active members did not.

2. Since the general population of AA found out, it does not appear as if Storm has been running in Kyne and if you check the scores, it would appear that DC has not held the map for any significant portion of the past week. So I am not sure where AD letting DC take the map comes from.

3. If by letting DC take the map you mean that AA hasn't played in Kyne for awhile, then you are correct as we have generally moved to Sotha and have been there mostly for almost six months. We did play in Kyne for Thanksgiving week and some of us, myself included, often will pop in for and hour or two. So I guess nefarious collusion could be occurring but generally speaking, we, i.e. AA, would not know about it.

4. I am posting this not to defend anyone's actions but I believe that generally one should be reviled for what one actually does, not for what someone else suspects.

5. I doubt most of those that read this forum actually care as they don't play in Kyne anymore. This whole episode did make me curious about ancient history and if there were similar events back in the BWB days that led to the old guard mass quitting or moving on.

Hey Beav, what Necron is referring to is Raijin, playing in DC Storm, then swapping out to his AD toon and jumping in kyne, working the map in order to help DC, then swapping back. We have multiple people who have seen him do it multiple times. The hypocrisy that raijin and valor are living at the moment is beyond words. How many good members have been bullied, abused and kicked from AA because they played another faction, or even if they didnt, he suspected that they did.

Faction flipping has been the gripe of many loyal players for a long time.. there is a difference between playing multifaction and faction flipping during a campaign, if zos would just lock factions per campaign so people cant switch between the two it would reduce this down to only those with money who can buy multiple accounts.

QFT

This nonsense where AD and DC are like the same faction these days depending on the time of day is a disgrace and not fair to the legit AD and DC regulars who don't participate in this...

Faction hop when the campaign ends, or maybe to counter a zerg and play underdog..

Faction hopping to boost your own and your friends toons on different factions, or to PvDoor the map back and forth is PATHETIC!

Edited by Enkil on March 6, 2019 12:38AM
    Options
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are faction hopping????

Quickly! Get the stones!

QUICK! GET THE DAMN STONES!!!
    Options
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This nonsense where AD and DC EP are like the same faction.

Fixed it for you. :)

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We are at war with Eurasia, therefore we have always been at war with Eurasia.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • PlainText
    PlainText
    Soul Shriven
    We are at war with Eurasia, therefore we have always been at war with Eurasia.

Until, of course, we've always been at war with Eastasia. (A remarkably apt Orwellian analogy for Cyrodil.)

"Khajiiti, catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    (Khajit haz catapult. Give Khajiit all the money, or this one will fling an enormous rock at your head.)
    Anonymous Khajiit Tourist in Cyrodil, 2E 581
    Options
  • Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭
    PlainText wrote: »

Until, of course, we've always been at war with Eastasia. (A remarkably apt Orwellian analogy for Cyrodil.)

"*** Khajiiti proscriptae erunt tum soli Altmeri Khajiiti habebunt."
    Chook (fill in the blank) or Chookana (likewise): I learn more by dying so teach me some more!
    Options
  • DJKAHUNA
    DJKAHUNA
    Hey folks. Were any of you in |Storm|? or have any idea what happened to it? Thanks / my bad if you have no idea what im talking about. Guild just vanished.....
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    Options
  • PlainText
    PlainText
    Soul Shriven
    DJKAHUNA wrote: »
    Hey folks. Were any of you in |Storm|? or have any idea what happened to it? Thanks / my bad if you have no idea what im talking about. Guild just vanished.....

If you'll contact me directly or in game ( @PlainText) I will be happy to fill you in with the details as I am aware of them.

"Khajiiti, catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    (Khajit haz catapult. Give Khajiit all the money, or this one will fling an enormous rock at your head.)
    Options
  • PlainText
    PlainText
    Soul Shriven
    Beaverton wrote: »
    PlainText wrote: »

"*** Khajiiti proscriptae erunt tum soli Altmeri Khajiiti habebunt."

Khajiit laughs maniacally.
    Best response ever. It's just a pity the ESO forum "naughty filter" deals so poorly with Latin conjugation and temporal clauses. (At least I think that's what it asterisked out. I'm reminded of that wonderful scene in The Life of Brian https://youtube.com/watch?v=IIAdHEwiAy8

Options
  • ShenaniganSquad
    ShenaniganSquad
    ✭✭✭
    DJKAHUNA wrote: »

:D made my day
    Options
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kyne is the kiddie pool

Change my mind
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Took my annual trip into Kyne this weekend. I have to admit, Silver Leashing AD out of their baby ball group was some of the most fun I’ve had in a while.

I still think players (like me) should not be able to take a toon through Kyne in consecutive campaigns. If you’re an experienced PVPer, there are three whole campaigns for you to play in without having to crutch on fighting noobs.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    Took my annual trip into Kyne this weekend. I have to admit, Silver Leashing AD out of their baby ball group was some of the most fun I’ve had in a while.

I still think players (like me) should not be able to take a toon through Kyne in consecutive campaigns. If you’re an experienced PVPer, there are three whole campaigns for you to play in without having to crutch on fighting noobs.

You bully
    Options
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I currently have 3 u50 characters. The magDK I'm currently running in vet campaigns as it is and it goes well enough. The magplar I'm not playing in Cyrodiil at all yet because I hate going into Cyrodiil without enough horse training. The stam sorc I'm playing in Kyne currently, partially as a social thing with people I know who are unlikely to move on from Kyne, partially because I thought I would be ineffective in vet campaigns without certain skills I don't have yet. (in particular, surge, dark deal, and dawnbreaker). Ineffective even for me I mean. But that's just my approach.

Options
  • Just_call_me_Cola
    Just_call_me_Cola
    ✭✭✭
    You guys haven't switched to fortnite yet?
    Some weak epic gamers in here.
    Edited by Just_call_me_Cola on March 13, 2019 4:11PM
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys haven't switched to fortnite yet?
    Some weak epic games in here.

Dude.... that game sucks.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • Just_call_me_Cola
    Just_call_me_Cola
    ✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    3.5 million gold I will spy on anyone.

How long does this contract last?

...If it gets me a lifetime spy-on-demand, the price is about right...

V a s t n e t w o r k
    Options
  • anamenobodyelsehas
    anamenobodyelsehas
    ✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »
    Kyne is the kiddie pool

Change my mind

d13e12a889a80f2f2d7a5d7952f7b418.gif
    Options
  • ShenaniganSquad
    ShenaniganSquad
    ✭✭✭

So you want to force people who cant play in vet, to play in vet, which will result in them leaving pvp?... yeah good one mate...
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you want to force people who cant play in vet, to play in vet, which will result in them leaving pvp?... yeah good one mate...

Honest question.... what is the reason some people can't play in vet? I've heard that the lag is too bad for some, but I'm trying to understand that. Both Sotha and Shor have the same pop as Kyne on any given day. So there has to be something else about vet PvP that I'm not understanding.
    Edited by Stridig on March 15, 2019 2:03AM
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha has some great fights during the prime time hours and my ping rarely goes above 120. Shor is a ghost town 23 hours a day. Kyne isn’t much better than Shor tbh in terms of population.
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on March 15, 2019 5:45AM
    Options
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »

Honest question.... what is the reason some people can't play in vet? I've heard that the lag is too bad for some, but I'm trying to understand that. Both Sotha and Shor have the same pop as Kyne on any given day. So there has to be something else about vet PvP that I'm not understanding.

It’s easy for us to generalize about people rerolling on Kyne but there are myriad reason why some players are limited. I play on a MacBook and have trouble grouping ,CTD multiple times in a day... it’s just how it is with a global player base. Playing from oceanic isn’t a picnic and I can surely attest to this as I played from Hawaii from 2014-2018. Y’all playing on mainland can never undersntand it.

Some of us do actually play on Kyne to help the newbs with tactics, gear, and help heal them as they try to learn.... I am one.

You might be a DPS player or whatever, so u don’t even understand that a healer/mentor/leader gives vital support to new players that will be the future PvP players in game. Your view is limited so please don’t try to limit the possibilities of the entire campaign and server based on those views. New people learn from veterans... that’s how it’s been since time immorial..

BTW, I am not trying to be some holier-than-thou MFer.. just saying some players have a natural inclination to help others learn the ropes, get better, and learn to kick ass....

Edited by Enkil on March 15, 2019 9:32AM
    Options
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enkil wrote: »

It’s easy for us to generalize about people rerolling on Kyne but there are myriad reason why some players are limited. I play on a MacBook and have trouble grouping ,CTD multiple times in a day... it’s just how it is with a global player base. Playing from oceanic isn’t a picnic and I can surely attest to this as I played from Hawaii from 2014-2018. Y’all playing on mainland can never undersntand it.

Some of us do actually play on Kyne to help the newbs with tactics, gear, and help heal them as they try to learn.... I am one.

You might be a DPS player or whatever, so u don’t even understand that a healer/mentor/leader gives vital support to new players that will be the future PvP players in game. Your view is limited so please don’t try to limit the possibilities of the entire campaign and server based on those views. New people learn from veterans... that’s how it’s been since time immorial..

BTW, I am not trying to be some holier-than-thou MFer.. just saying some players have a natural inclination to help others learn the ropes, get better, and learn to kick ass....

Honestly most new players go straight viv or sotha because of re rollers. If you played vet you would realize that I run across more no experience pve players in viv than anywhere else.
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enkil wrote: »

I bought mounts and gear and crafted for new players for years in BWB/Kyne so I DO understand. I'm not some random person from a different server talking trash about Kyne players. I have spent millions of my own gold helping new players. Calm down. I play in vivec with Saber quite often. Saber plays on a MacBook. I'm only asking how Kyne is more playable than Sotha. Thanks for schooling me on what it means to help new people though.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭
    Can't is a funny word. What is usually meant is don't want to. I can't play in Shor because I don't feel effective there and get blown up too easily. I can't play in vivec because the lag makes me pull my eyeballs out. I can't play in Sotha because the toxic environment triggers me. I can't play anywhere else because all my friends are in Kyne.

All are legitimate reasons for not wanting to play somewhere else and everyone has their own balance of challenge vs fun/success. For me, I moved on when my guilds moved on. I didn't think I was good enough but it turns out I am no worse a player in Sotha than I was in Kyne. I still visit a few hours a week and have fun when i do, mostly because there are rerollers/experienced/good players in Kyne that are helping newer players with mechanics, strategy and gear..

So for you rerollers, thank you for keeping kyne fun for me and for those that have moved on, congratulations on finding a situation that fits you.

PS The word choice isn't really important in the game-who cares. But in real life the distinction is important. If you say can't enough, you start to believe it.
    Edited by Beaverton on March 15, 2019 5:04PM
    Chook (fill in the blank) or Chookana (likewise): I learn more by dying so teach me some more!
    Options
  • xan4silkb14_ESO
    xan4silkb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play Kyne with my under 50 characters because it's a non-CP 7 day campaign. I don't know if I'll delete any once I vet out all 8, soon to be 9, free character slots so I can continue to play in a non-CP 7 day campaign but I prefer not having to worry about how my CP are allocated.
    Options
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can't take any of my low level characters to Kyne because someone will call me a re-roller noob farmer. :(

What am I going to do with all my low level characters now? Should i go to Shor at level 10?

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I can't take any of my low level characters to Kyne because someone will call me a re-roller noob farmer. :(

What am I going to do with all my low level characters now? Should i go to Shor at level 10?

I personally don't have an issue with re-rolling Kyne. I think the population experience in Kyne is fairly equal to any other server. I'm just trying to understand what makes vet unplayable with equal pop and mostly equal abilities.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
This discussion has been closed.