Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would just like to reiterate that I hate Aleswell with all my heart. What a *** design for a keep.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Shado187
    Shado187
    ✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Shado187 wrote: »
    I think I am going to create a character named, Legendary Emily and wear all gold gear and smash noobs. Then maybe run for Emp since the pop has been 1/2 bars :) Trust me, you never want me to get Emp.. I am motivated, dedicated, and will be over powering. Players will remember me as one of the best Emp's in Kyne or maybe the most evilest. I'm sure players that don't play this game will give me the nickname "Emp with no class". :)

Someone let me know if this ever happens highly doubt she will ever get emp but if she does I want to be there to smack her emp toon around like the noobs she likes to pick on and I will do it without gold gear :D

lol.. i might be a little too smart for you. I will be a pocket Emp Mag NB, you will have to get past my army and cloaking skills. You know that barely happens now. Even if you try and get me, by the time you get past the army I would have sucked the life out of you. Then I'm sure you will be back here lying and crying.

#IFearNobody

lmao how the hell are you gonna trash talk Emily you literally suck at pvp I kill you every time I see you and you dont get the chance to cloak away like the coward you are! I can pull up Kill counter on any of my characters and guarantee I have you on farm status with all them so please just stop the tough guy routine my face hurts from laughing at your ego.

#EmilyFearsNoNoobs lol
    Edited by Shado187 on September 5, 2017 12:30PM
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »
    That was me... :-)
    A few months ago I was on the phone following you around on my horse while you were fighting someone.
    You called me worthless and told me to make an ad or ep, so I did. Now his horse is fast enough to play finally, and ep looks like they could use some help.
    Their zone chat is brutal!
    This will require copious amounts of whisky!!

Oh no, really? I thought dc cornered the market on toxic zone chat.... there usually aren't enough ep and they are not organized enough to be toxic...

Oh no you got it backwards, the lack of organization breeds toxicity. In my experience Dc z chat is the least toxic of the 3. It is likely because most of the DC regulars/guilds actually like each other. There are AD and EP regulars that love to blame the rest of the faction or Pug leaders for whatever reason, and are typically pretty vocal about it.
    Ärchøn of the Covenant - DC Magblade
    Ärchøn of the Dominion - AD Magblade
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DCeiver0 wrote: »
    That was me... :-)
    A few months ago I was on the phone following you around on my horse while you were fighting someone.
    You called me worthless and told me to make an ad or ep, so I did. Now his horse is fast enough to play finally, and ep looks like they could use some help.
    Their zone chat is brutal!
    This will require copious amounts of whisky!!

Oh no, really? I thought dc cornered the market on toxic zone chat.... there usually aren't enough ep and they are not organized enough to be toxic...

Oh no you got it backwards, the lack of organization breeds toxicity. In my experience Dc z chat is the least toxic of the 3. It is likely because most of the DC regulars/guilds actually like each other. There are AD and EP regulars that love to blame the rest of the faction or Pug leaders for whatever reason, and are typically pretty vocal about it.

Ahh, interesting. To be honest, I really don't pay much attention to z chat, only to pick out ua call outs... And it's been years since I've seen DC z chat....
    Edited by Lumsdenml on September 5, 2017 1:22PM
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dc really isnt that bad toxicity wise ... there are a few times when it can get a bit rough in z chat ... but thats only if people are being really stupid ..... for example ... last night during the dethrone there was 1 dc who has done nothing but whine and complain the last few days .... some people had enough of his crap last night ... he would only be saying "why are people even bothering with brk.... its impossible ... we've tried 3 times ... its impossible .." blah blah blah .... basically just repeating that it was impossible ... but we ended up dethroning... even with ad attacking us from the back ( which was hilarious i must say ....) i ignored the ad for a while until they started attacking me then we all just focused them until they were dead, then went back to what we were working on
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I put him on ignore.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do have a question, what makes a good PvP player? Apparently some people say I suck at PvP but I don’t think I do.

Reasons why I think I am good at PvP
    1. Flagging or Attacking Keeps
    I’m always running 4 sieges, if I have room. If 20 sieges are up , I run around rezzing dead players and look for inc
    enemy. If I see a lot of resistance on top floor after inner door / wall is open, I reposition myself and put sieges on top floor to help the push. I tell players to message me if they die so I can rez them'

2. Defending keeps
    I ride round keeps on my mount looking for hidden enemy. I scout different locations outside of the keep to give DC
    warning that the enemy is coming.If someone calls an “UA” I’m on my way as soon as I see the message, unless I am afk or at a fight that really needs my help. I aggressively go out and try to disrupt/kill the enemy that is attacking. If the keep is flagged then my game plan changes to siege, look for dead players, or cautiously attack the enemy. If I see someone dead I instantly try to rez them. I also put FCs up if I have enough AP to buy them.

3. Other
    I’m a very active player. I will help anyone pushing for Emp. If I see someone fighting , I will always try to help them. I feel I play strategically, I think of ways how to pull the enemy from a keep that we want. I also try to think like the enemy and predict their next movement.

My weaknesses in PvP:
    1. Fighting
    I’m not the best fighter and I’m not sure why. I have the heart of a fighter, the motivation to kill everyone but I’m just not
    that strong. It could be because I don’t grind gear that often and let my armor get out leveled (sometimes by 6 levels) or
    maybe because I don’t have heavy armor on. I very seldom go around getting skyshards for passives and never use
    potions. Some of the skills that could give me buffs, I don’t put on my bar so that could be a good reason too.

2. Toxic attitude
    I do admit I do have a bad attitude sometimes. I say bad things out of frustration frequently without thinking about really
    what I am saying. I dislike the enemy. I don’t really care how they feel, however, I do feel bad sometimes when a friendly
    enemy player messages me and I tell them to get lost. Most messages I receive are hate messages, but every now and
    then I get one of those ‘kind messages’ that throws me off. I find it fun gate camping, and talking trash to the enemy. I like
    giving players “love taps” ( a.k.a t-bags ).

I personally feel I am one of the better players in PvP, but I understand that bad attitudes can turn a good player in to a player you don’t want to play with. A lot of people don’t understand the things I say are out of frustration most the time. I am working on my bad attitude and I think I'm getting better at it. Yesterday after AD took Nik/Ash/Ales and was working on Chal I can't believe I said, "‘Is there a gaming book I need to read? I think its called, How to play games with no brains". I"m not sure why I say things like that, it just comes out of nowhere. :)

Edited by vamp_emily on September 5, 2017 3:45PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My weaknesses in PvP:
    1. Fighting

Somebody sig this.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no such thing as a good PvPer who gate camps. That kills PvP. Anything "good" a person does in PvP is negated by gate camping.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shado187 wrote: »
    lmao how the hell are you gonna trash talk Emily you literally suck at pvp I kill you every time I see you and you dont get the chance to cloak away like the coward you are! I can pull up Kill counter on any of my characters and guarantee I have you on farm status with all them so please just stop the tough guy routine my face hurts from laughing at your ego.

#EmilyFearsNoNoobs lol

First off, I was talking about 'If I was Emp". If I was Emp, I wouldn't be passing out free emp achievements to players like you. You will need to work for it.

Second, calling anyone a coward for using a skill that was provided is kind of a stupid don't you think?

Third, do you even play in kyne or are you on one of those 'I can't play PvP because..." breaks? If you do play in Kyne, did you like how DC took the lead and won last campaign?

AD/EP excuses for losing are getting kind of slim.

Edited by vamp_emily on September 5, 2017 3:46PM

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    There is no such thing as a good PvPer who gate camps. That kills PvP. Anything "good" a person does in PvP is negated by gate camping.

How many years is this myth going to be around? I've been on both sides of the gate camping. We are still here playing. It does temperately cause players to leave sometimes, but when pop is fairly even it tends not to do that. I've seen AD come back full force when we were gate camping.

• casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Really impressed with DC yesterday. We were up against even or greater numbers for almost the entire last leg of the campaign, and started the final day with a completely red map. I got Emperor Assassin on another toon (which I care about a lot more than getting the Emperor title itself), and got to fight beside some great people. The red emp dethrone at BRK was an amazing three-way fight, which I was sure DC had lost two or three times before we finally capped the flags.

My favorite part of the dethrone was the one red who kept popping his destro ult on the stairs, only to be killed before the ult could fire off more than one tick. That's what you deserve for bringing the destro ult into under-50 PVP.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How many years is this myth going to be around? I've been on both sides of the gate camping. We are still here playing. It does temperately cause players to leave sometimes, but when pop is fairly even it tends not to do that. I've seen AD come back full force when we were gate camping.

So if people temporarily leave, that's considered good. That's the point. People leave and it kills PvP. Sure it's temporary but it hurts the campaign nonetheless. Don't act like you are some sort of elder statesman here. Many of us have played for a very long time.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Someone on EP teach Emily how to fight.
    killed1.png
    I seen Emily so many times laid out near bleakers I kind of felt sorry for them.

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way @vamp_emily , all of our differences aside, you are in my thoughts as this new hurricane approaches your area of the country. Please be safe and get out of harms way if you are in the path.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agreed @Stridig ... stay safe @vamp_emily !!!!
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    By the way @vamp_emily , all of our differences aside, you are in my thoughts as this new hurricane approaches your area of the country. Please be safe and get out of harms way if you are in the path.

Thank you. I hope the hurricane slows down and turns away from Florida. It looks like I will be getting 145 mph winds.

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, i've already asked my mom if shes prepared .... luckily she has already gotten water, batteries for her flashlights and lantern, and non perishable food ... shes on the east coast of florida

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you. I hope the hurricane slows down and turns away from Florida. It looks like I will be getting 145 mph winds.

Well since we are all one big ****ed up family here, if you need any assistance getting out, feel free to ask. I think many people here would be willing to help any way we can.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If I don't make it out of the hurricane can you guys name the ghost emp after me ( "Emily The Ghost Empress") and then make up fluffy stories to all the new players about how OP I was. :)

• Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    Really impressed with DC yesterday. We were up against even or greater numbers for almost the entire last leg of the campaign, and started the final day with a completely red map. I got Emperor Assassin on another toon (which I care about a lot more than getting the Emperor title itself), and got to fight beside some great people. The red emp dethrone at BRK was an amazing three-way fight, which I was sure DC had lost two or three times before we finally capped the flags.

My favorite part of the dethrone was the one red who kept popping his destro ult on the stairs, only to be killed before the ult could fire off more than one tick. That's what you deserve for bringing the destro ult into under-50 PVP.

Hey, my main in Kyne (Chancellor of Tacoma) has a destro ult.... does that make me a bad person?
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well since we are all one big ****ed up family here, if you need any assistance getting out, feel free to ask. I think many people here would be willing to help any way we can.

Absolutely! Stay safe!
    Obituary:
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I don't make it out of the hurricane can you guys name the ghost emp after me ( "Emily The Ghost Empress") and then make up fluffy stories to all the new players about how OP I was. :)

Btw, in solidarity, I will put hurricane on my sorc until this is over.
    Obituary:
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had a lot of destro ults in Kyne. But I am a bad person.
    Edited by Adenoma on September 6, 2017 12:09AM
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    I've had a lot of destro ults in Kyne. But I am a bad person.

I've heard that about you, I tend to believe "them." :)
    Obituary:
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #roadto10,000posts
    Obituary:
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This really has to be the longest thread in the forums, right? You would think that they would toss us some crowns or something for the achievement....I think 10,000 would be about right...

@ZOS_GinaBruno ?

#paytacoma
    Edited by Lumsdenml on September 6, 2017 12:18AM
    Obituary:
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Hey, my main in Kyne (Chancellor of Tacoma) has a destro ult.... does that make me a bad person?

Being bad at personhood is a pretty big deal. I wouldn't stick that on someone because of their choice of abilities in a video game.

But I do think that the the destro ult was balanced around mechanics that typically don't exist in Kyne, and that using it amounts to exploitation of the fact that it's technically possible to unlock some abilities that were balanced around very different PVP dynamics than Kyne's. There are many parts of life in which the sphere of the technically possible doesn't overlap with the sphere of best choices, and I think that usage of the destro ult in Kyne is one of them. It's made even worse if you've intentionally, specifically put in the work to unlock the destro ult without overleveling Kyne (instead of naturally unlocking it before level 50 in the course of regular leveling, which I trust is the reason you happen to have it).
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Being bad at personhood is a pretty big deal. I wouldn't stick that on someone because of their choice of abilities in a video game.

But I do think that the the destro ult was balanced around mechanics that typically don't exist in Kyne, and that using it amounts to exploitation of the fact that it's technically possible to unlock some abilities that were balanced around very different PVP dynamics than Kyne's. There are many parts of life in which the sphere of the technically possible doesn't overlap with the sphere of best choices, and I think that usage of the destro ult in Kyne is one of them. It's made even worse if you've intentionally, specifically put in the work to unlock the destro ult without overleveling Kyne (instead of naturally unlocking it before level 50 in the course of regular leveling, which I trust is the reason you happen to have it).

Ha, well, it was not intentional, and the toon is level 49.5, but I do intentionally use it now that I have it... if only for half a level....
    Obituary:
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Destro Ult in below 50 pvp is really not a big deal. If it's not morphed just get out of the way or drop Negate on it. If it's morphed to eye, root and hard cc. I mean what's so wrong with grinding a weapon ultimate for non vet? You can get them as early as Level 30 (maybe even earlier but idk) which technically is less than half the time a character has in non vet. They hit hard typically yes, but that's the point. And so does soul strike, Meteor and Dawn breaker. All things you have to put work into to get. Grinding a weapon ultimate is not even nearly as difficult and simply requires using a lot of those weapon skills on your bars and making sure your xp is feeding that weapon skill line.

Edit: Also, getting the last few levels of your weapon by waiting to check any bookshelves until it's in the 40s helps a lot. Each weapon skill line has several findable skill books that can help power through those long 40s.

Using that method I have unlocked weapon ult by Level 38 using only 1 weapon skill on my bars, but having both bars the same weapon type.
    Edited by DCeiver0 on September 6, 2017 1:49AM
    Ärchøn of the Covenant - DC Magblade
    Ärchøn of the Dominion - AD Magblade
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
This discussion has been closed.