Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• Just_call_me_Cola
    Just_call_me_Cola
    ✭✭✭
    Defialed wrote: »
    vamp_emily wrote: »

Hmmm.. I think I am going to start using that line. The next time someone tells me to shut up because they have been here since day one. My new response will be "Zip it noob, I have 4,380 hours PvP experience". :)

I have Four thousand three hundred and eighty one hours of PvP Experience so what ever you say, I have seniority.

Whatever, I killed Molag Bal.

Pfft. I sacrificed that chick from the mages guild to sheogorath. And I didn't even need the 2 extra skill point.
    Edited by Just_call_me_Cola on January 17, 2017 8:48PM
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Hmmm.. I think I am going to start using that line. The next time someone tells me to shut up because they have been here since day one. My new response will be "Zip it noob, I have 4,380 hours PvP experience". :)

I have Four thousand three hundred and eighty one hours of PvP Experience so what ever you say, I have seniority.

Pfft. I sacrificed that chick from the mages guild to sheogorath. And I didn't even need the extra skill point.

Spoilers dude. And it's 2 skill points.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • Mjollo
    Mjollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Luthid pfft "Trouble" is my Second middle name...after "Danger" of course.
    Defialed - Former Emperor of Thornblade|Mjoll The Legend - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade| Definitely Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Probably Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Mistakenly Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Blackwater Cultist - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade | A Woman With No Name |
    "There are two kinds of people in this world, my friend. Those with loaded guns. And those who dig. You dig."
    Options
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luthid wrote: »
    Current and former BWB toons:
    I started with Zannish: DC, Khajiit stamblade, August-Sept 2014

I'm sure many of you remember how messy BWB was at first. Players only combat leveled to 50, but NPCs were all VR5. Potions and food didn't scale. If your tripot healed for 200 in the open world, it would only heal for 200 of your now battle leveled health in BWB. It was tough to find fights with other players, and several times my groups would get walls down only to walk away because we couldn't take the flags from the NPCs. I ran with Mon Sherry from NM, a couple of my (then) LoM guildmates, sometines a MH member or 2, and all the pugs we could wrangle. It was short lived, and we all went back to our vet toons in TB and Had. :D

I came back to BWB in 2015 and rolled these kids:
    Talin of Falkreath: EP, Nord sDK
    Obtuse Angel: DC, Stamplar
    Rafe Luc: DC, Mag Sorc
    Genova Luc: DC, mDK
    Calyx la Fee Verte: DC, mNB (stabled to spin a new EP toon instead, only a Tyro and level 16, I'll be back to him later).
    Rhona Steel-Gaze: EP, sDK

Since I only play BWB 2-3 nights a week (spend most time on vet toons, healer main, Asciel Lucide), I'm probably far more familiar with all of you than you would be with me, but I've fought against or alongside most of you quite a bit, and you've probably seen me running my mouth in zone. I'll try to stay out of trouble here.

Nice! More PvP than me! Though I beta tested, I didn't buy the game until it went on sale, so bought it 1/1/15. I didn't go into cyrodiil until that summer, but I do remember before it went FTP in PvE. It in the higher level areas you could ride for hours and only see NPCs....
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
    Options
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is on the PTS? Interested to see how the upcoming changes are actually working in game. Templars still viable with a nerf to the beam?
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    Options
  • Luthid
    Luthid
    ✭✭✭

Is "Stranger" your first name? Because Stranger Danger Trouble has quite a ring to it. It's actually too bad I don't have any character slots left
    Options
  • Mjollo
    Mjollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is "Stranger" your first name? Because Stranger Danger Trouble has quite a ring to it. It's actually too bad I don't have any character slots left
    Unfortunately, No. It's Kevin.
    Defialed - Former Emperor of Thornblade|Mjoll The Legend - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade| Definitely Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Probably Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Mistakenly Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Blackwater Cultist - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade | A Woman With No Name |
    "There are two kinds of people in this world, my friend. Those with loaded guns. And those who dig. You dig."
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »
    Who is on the PTS? Interested to see how the upcoming changes are actually working in game. Templars still viable with a nerf to the beam?

I haven't been on PTS since the most recent patch, but was before that. Both in Cyro and in duels the nerf was barely noticeable. Last patch notes say is wasn't applying the 21% reduction consistently, that may have been why.
    Edited by Reverb on January 17, 2017 9:26PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭

Pfft. I sacrificed that chick from the mages guild to sheogorath. And I didn't even need the 2 extra skill point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa6Kv1fOStM
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
    Options
  • Just_call_me_Cola
    Just_call_me_Cola
    ✭✭✭

Unfortunately, No. It's Kevin.

Neeeeeeeeeerd
    Options
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Cadwells pot or gtfo ; ))
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
    Options
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »

Cadwells pot or gtfo ; ))

That stuff is legal here in Washington...
    Obituary:
    Options
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody see the balance changes on yesterday's PTS patch notes? Couple things in there I actually like quite a bit.
    Combat & Gameplay
    • Fiery Grip:
      • This ability and its morphs can no longer be dodged.
      • This ability and its morphs now grant Major Expedition for 6 seconds, down from 8 seconds.
    Developer Comments
    To improve Fiery Grip’s reliability, we changed it so the projectile (and subsequent pull/push) cannot be dodged. This ensures that enemies using Roll Dodge or Major Evasion do not cause your Fiery Grip cast to be wasted, and makes the Empowering Chains morph (which pushes you to the target) behave consistently with other charge abilities. The Major Expedition buff granted by it was reduced slightly to compensate. Since Fiery Grip is an unusual projectile due to being undodgable and unreflectable, its tooltip has been updated for additional clarity.

• Daedric Summoning
      • Haunting Curse (Deadric Curse morph): This morph continues to explode twice per cast, but now explodes once after 3.5 seconds and again after an additional 8.5 seconds.
    Developer Comments
    We initially changed Haunting Curse to boost Sorcerer PvE DPS by freeing up global cooldowns. Due to the overwhelming response from the community on this change, we’ve decided to allow Curse to retain its previous PvP burst potential while being more effective in PvE. If you want to cast Haunting Curse every 3.5 seconds for fast attacks on blocking targets, that’s an option. If you’d like to get more out of your cooldowns, then only cast it every 12 seconds to get 2 explosions. The choice is yours!

• Aedric Spear
      • Binding Javelin (Piercing Javelin morph): Reduced the cost of this morph by approximately 20%.
    Developer Comments
    As all Weapon skill lines have a 20% Stamina cost reduction passive, we also included this reduction with class Stamina morphs. Binding Javelin and Biting Jabs were missed when this initially happened. Fixing this bug and giving these abilities their correct costs should help Stamina Templar with some of the sustain issues they were having.
    • Biting Jabs (Puncturing Strikes morph):
      • Reduced the cost of this morph by approximately 20%.
      • The damage from this morph can no longer be dodged.
    Developer Comments
    Changed as part of our overall Area of Effect consistency pass as described earlier.
    • Piercing Javelin: Increased the speed of the projectile fired by this ability and its morphs by 40%.

First, I want to say that I absolutely love the developer comments, and hope they continue to do this in the future. I've talked about this in other threads before, but I think one of the largest problems with ZOS balancing is not how they balance the game, but the lack of communication about why they decide to make certain changes. Typically, when ZOS has made balance changes in the past, they pretty much just threw some patch notes at us then never spoke of it again. And in doing this without providing any context or explanation of what direction they are trying to take the game in with their changes, it creates the feeling that they don't really have a bigger picture in mind when they are balancing, and make changes without any good reason to do so. While it isn't a perfect solution, and they still have many issues with balance that need to be worked out moving forward, I think this is a huge step in the right direction towards building a better relationship with their community.

I'm actually really excited to see that they are making Fiery Grip undodgeable, since it has been nearly useless due to how common shuffle is, and how easy it is to dodge roll away from it. Now Magicka DKs won't be forced to waste their valuable stamina pool on Invasion in order to have a reliable gap closer, and I personally, won't need to decide whether or not I want to sacrifice my ability to CC break just to prevent somebody from running away from a fight. Hell, making Fiery Grip actually work even opens up the possibility of running DW (which is what I used on my first iteration of my Magicka DK before switching to S&B because chains was so unreliable) or Destro for a more damage-centric build while still being able to have a decent gap closer.

I think the change to Curse is pretty self-explanatory, as delaying the first explosion would really hurt Magicka Sorc's burst potential in PVP. Now, not only can people use the skill the same way they always have, but you could say it has been slightly buffed since if you forget to recast after the first explosion, or are taking too much pressure to recast, you'll still get another explosion without ever needing to recast. This is also a great example of why I love the new developer comments, as their explanation as to why they initially changed the skill does make since, and shows that their intention was to buff it rather than nerf it. Not only that, but they've demonstrated that they are really listening to the community with the latest change, and IMO they handled the changes exceptionally well by still fulfilling their initial goal of freeing up cooldowns for PVE DPS, while also providing the same burst potential for PVP. I definitely need to applaud ZOS for this one, both with the changes they've made and the commentary for why they made them.

With Stamplar being my favorite class archetype in the game (at least so far, still a couple classes I haven't even tried), I am really excited for some of these changes, and will definitely be rolling a new one to play in BWB with. The general consensus seems to be that Stamplar's are the weakest Stam builds out there, but I always tell people not to sleep on them. Personally, I think Stamplar's are quite a bit better than people give them credit for, and by allowing them to focus more into damage by making some of their core class skills less resource intensive (as well as making their class CC more difficult to avoid), I wouldn't be surprised to see Stamplars eventually become much more common in the meta.
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ended up running 2h/dw stamplar in BwB. It was vicious. I would have 10k dawnbreaker of smitings. It was a weird build though - huge damage and max stam, then had to kill and repent to sustain.

FWIW, no gap closer heavy armor magDK is super fun. I play that a lot in vet and in nonvet. Otherwise, I have some silly plans with destro/resto magDK coming up.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    I ended up running 2h/dw stamplar in BwB. It was vicious. I would have 10k dawnbreaker of smitings. It was a weird build though - huge damage and max stam, then had to kill and repent to sustain.

FWIW, no gap closer heavy armor magDK is super fun. I play that a lot in vet and in nonvet. Otherwise, I have some silly plans with destro/resto magDK coming up.

Where are you? I can't solo resources. I'm not good enough.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • Luthid
    Luthid
    ✭✭✭
    I ended up running 2h/dw stamplar in BwB. It was vicious. I would have 10k dawnbreaker of smitings. It was a weird build though - huge damage and max stam, then had to kill and repent to sustain..

LOL, I think you caught me twice in a row on the north side of bleakers with that build. I was so worked up, "who the everloving ____ has dawnbreaker in here?!?" and much more colourful things.

Edited by Luthid on January 18, 2017 3:57AM
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crescent sweep is crappy cheap dawnbreaker in next update. It helps me be lazy.
    Options
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DB is cheesy AF : ))
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's funny, I'm seeing more and more of what I consider end-game ultimates in bwb. Lots more meteors lately, and they seem really weak. Lots of soul assault recently as well, and that hits pretty hard. By contrast, I rarely see DB in bwb, but it always seems to hit like a damn freight train.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

It's funny, I'm seeing more and more of what I consider end-game ultimates in bwb. Lots more meteors lately, and they seem really weak. Lots of soul assault recently as well, and that hits pretty hard. By contrast, I rarely see DB in bwb, but it always seems to hit like a damn freight train.

Lots of meteors and soul assaults because they are both easily attained now at low lvls. Dawnbreaker can also be pretty easily attined just by farming dolmans for jewlery. What can't be attained is the ability for me to type and spell correctly, i am leave this mess as is.
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
    Options
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also stamplar is going to be fairly nasty this coming update.
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dawnbreaker is pretty easy to get now. You can't get dawnbreaker of smiting as easily. I love all the folks that farm meteor - I'll just block it and take 3k or something.

I don't think that stamplar will be too much better than it already is. The jabs switch is great, but that was sort of easy to avoid using CC and walking around them like with dizzying swing.
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dawnbreaker is pretty easy to get now. You can't get dawnbreaker of smiting as easily. I love all the folks that farm meteor - I'll just block it and take 3k or something.

I don't think that stamplar will be too much better than it already is. The jabs switch is great, but that was sort of easy to avoid using CC and walking around them like with dizzying swing.

The cost reductions are great though (see your earlier comment about sustain on stamplar). Heck, the cost reduction and speed increase on javelin makes it a pretty great skill for group play and keepplay, too.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally forgot about the cost reductions! You're 100% right. I still think that I'll favor stamDK or stam sorc. Especially with them changing poison inject to the last skill in the bow skill line. I feel like BwB stamplar dps will be dw/2h or bust.
    Options
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did get Soul Assault last time around when I was Janet, because if I need to grind and level a toon to level 10, I figured I might as well get something extra at the end for it. As emp, that 45K damage over 3.9 seconds was very sweet to inflict, and the blue flame pop was a nice touch. One shotting players standing behind their oil or their ballista on the keep wall truly never got old.

PS: Sorry Pem, yes I did tea-bag you a long time ago when everyone was doing it, realized quickly it was kind of a *** move after someone explained to me why, decided I wouldn't do it again. Soz.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

Options
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome to the forum Gabe! only time i T-Bag someone is out of revenge lol... if i get t-bagged then i hunt that person down and tbag them back.... doesnt happen to often now a days though... unless it was like monday night where PUGz was trolling the *** out of EP at bleaks lol
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
    Options
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    One shotting players standing behind their oil or their ballista on the keep wall truly never got old.

Now I know why the noob squad hated you so much as an Emp. You took their only skill ( standing behind a siege ) away from them.

You won't see me t-bagging many players. The following are the reasons I t-bag.

1. I don't like you, mmhmm, I really don't like you.
    2. Seriously? You flag Glade while we have the entire alliance is at Ash fighting an AD poplock. T-bag time.
    3. Didn't you just t-bag me? T-bag time.
    4. Oops! I t-bagged you on accident :)

Edited by vamp_emily on January 18, 2017 2:33PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

Options
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "accident" lol
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
    Options
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trifaction fights at last emp keep always a good time...
    Obituary:
    Options
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday, I had to order a new keyboard.

This is the very first time, in my entire life, I had to replace a keyboard because I wore it out. So far playing this game, I have broken my mouse and a few keys on my keyboard. I'm such a gamer now :)

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

Options
This discussion has been closed.