Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

One Tamriel = RIP to all node farmers & grinders

• Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good thing I grind up characters in the sewers........
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the zones scaling to your level as people are saying, so if im level 50 champ 100 & I go into stonefalls will all mobs level to my level? so what if a lvl 10 player is in the zone hes attacking a mob leveled to him & I walk past & wack it do I see the mob as a champ 100 mob or a lvl 10 mob?? or are people being leveled to suit the zone like guildwars 2.

What many expect to happen is that all zones are scaled like the DLC zones. The zones will be fixed level, like Wrothgar, Hew's Bane, and Gold Coast, and the character will be "permanently" scaled to that level.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • spectre303
    spectre303
    ✭✭✭
    The sky is falling you say?
    Ebonheart Pact ♦ NA ♦ CP 2230
    Ra'Sta ♦ ♛Sergeant Stadanko ♦ ♛Napolèon Dynamite ♦ Brunhilda the Green ♦ ♛Call me Al ♦ Joe ♦ Stadanko's Ghost
    Jan-Michael Vincent ♦ Mòrty ♦ Redmer ♦ Durban Diesel ♦ ♛ßecky ♦ Stadanko Jr ♦ Lòzen ♦ Guillermo De la Cruz ♦ Gìnger ♦ Rasta ♦ Gozer
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the zones scaling to your level as people are saying, so if im level 50 champ 100 & I go into stonefalls will all mobs level to my level? so what if a lvl 10 player is in the zone hes attacking a mob leveled to him & I walk past & wack it do I see the mob as a champ 100 mob or a lvl 10 mob?? or are people being leveled to suit the zone like guildwars 2.

That is not how it works - it is not scaling the world around you, you are scaled to the world. But I guess with One Tamriel all the monsters will be like in the DLC zones - level 50 CP160 - so ZOS has a lot of work to revisit all those monsters and quests and adjust them to One Tamriel - this is not just done by changing a scaling factor, this is actual work.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so if im level 50 champ 100 & I go into stonefalls will all mobs level to my level?
    No, you will be "battle leveled" DOWN to match the zone.
    You & your lvl 10 friend can adventure together, both earn points & get good loot for your level.
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    Im actually genuinely annoyed by the idea that I will yet again have to deal with others node farming where I'm node farming. Yes, they should be able to, no they aren't hurting anything, and yes I'm being unreasonable, but I still don't WANT it.

Honestly I believe One Tamriel is a bad idea.

1. Scaling was never something I liked in Oblivion.
    2. Node farming is already competitive at times.
    3. There are already people who do not understand that their level does in fact hinder their ability to do some content and I fear that this will only increase with people trying out the One Tamriel update later this year.

What do you mean by "trying out", it is not as if this would be an option, it will be mandatory for anyone.

New Players.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering about this too. But I think the solution is more simple than we all think.

You know how Khenarthi's Roost ALWAYS has jute/iron/maple, no matter what level you are? I think thats how it will be. Areas will have assigned mats to them, not by level, but by area instead.

And IF (big if here) the ways its programmed, that there will be multiple versions of a map, should one become too crowded, then there won't be much to worry about. So if one map with the mats you need is too crowded, you'll be instanced to another version with less players.

idk if this is how its going to work, but this to me would seem like the easiest way of doing it.

I highly doubt, they will take away the ability for high lvl characters to farm lower lvl mats. That would be just utterly ridiculous.

I don't see them scaling mat nodes, because that would mean there would be double the nodes in lets say KR. the regular iron/jute/maple thats already there and then also cp160 mats?

So no, I don't see KR spawning ruby mats for everyone lol. That would be ridiculous.

I don't think there is enough info yet. And I'm sure these kinds of things will get covered once we near the actual release of One Tamriel. Worrying about it now is senseless.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pheefs wrote: »
    so if im level 50 champ 100 & I go into stonefalls will all mobs level to my level?
    No, you will be "battle leveled" DOWN to match the zone.
    You & your lvl 10 friend can adventure together, both earn points & get good loot for your level.

Source? I was under the assumption it was basically making every Zone a DLC style Zone.
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is actually 10 skills levels in crafting.

The zone will have your crafting tier, up to a specified tier. Just as righ now in "Scalable zones"
    So max will be :

Starter = Level 1
    1st zone = level 1/2
    2nd = level 3/4
    3rd = level 5/6
    4th = level 7/8
    5th = level 9/10
    Coldharbor = 9/10
    Craglorn = 10

IC, Hew Bane, Goald Coast, Wrothgar, Vvardenfell, Cyrodiil = 11th

Miracle.
    Edited by Ayantir on August 11, 2016 10:50PM
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JJBoomer wrote: »
    I was wondering about this too. But I think the solution is more simple than we all think.

You know how Khenarthi's Roost ALWAYS has jute/iron/maple, no matter what level you are? I think thats how it will be. Areas will have assigned mats to them, not by level, but by area instead.

This is the way that I want it. The idea of "One Tamriel" has been brought up before, and I really consider it to be a response to player feedback. This was part of my commentary on the subject at those times. Let's see how far that goes.
    JJBoomer wrote: »
    I highly doubt, they will take away the ability for high lvl characters to farm lower lvl mats. That would be just utterly ridiculous.

I would agree, but this depends on the development goals. They revealed that they are concerned about making sure that players have the resources they need to craft the stuff they need. If they perceive that players are reluctant to farm materials, or complain about having to, then the best way to do that is to ensure that every node gives you what you need, like in the DLC zones, and make every resource available for sale from merchants.

If the game developers feel that their target audience considers crafting to be an accessory task in the game, possibly a distraction from the real purpose of the game, then I can totally see them doing it this way.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    I was under the assumption it was basically making every Zone a DLC style Zone.
    Even the starter maps?

from the announcement:
    You will be able to play and group with anyone in the game at any time (outside of PvP). No longer will you have to create a lower level character to play with a friend who has just joined the game. You will be able to group and adventure together from the moment your friend emerges from the tutorial.

In general, higher level players will be the same “level" as lower level players, but they will have far more tools in their arsenal: better gear, more abilities, and of course more Champion points.

& I took that to mean for the beginning zones we'd get leveled down to THEM.
    No?
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Matt explains it elsewhere, and I think in an interview that all the zones in all alliances will be CP160 zones.

You will be battle-levelled to them.

The nodes that people will see will be 50/50 your character level or your crafting level.

So, the entire game will be one flat level of CP160. I believe that when they do this, Craglorn will get the CP160 treatment as will Cyrodiil.

For the Alliance zones, I can simply see them porting all characters to the CP160 "gold" versions of the zones that already exist, and in turn removing the older versions. It's probably the fastest and easiest way of implementing One Tamriel.

So currently, EP gold is AD 160, DC gold is EP 160, and AD gold is DC 160 - on rollout day you will be simply moved into the former 160 gold version of the zone. I also reckon that they will have to move every single char out of cyrodiil for the change, and people will have to re-enter the campaigns.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how much I would like this change. I kind of liked the fact that there were zones that were safe for my character. I could just focus on farming in them and summon helpers to deal with any mobs. This treadmill will limit the perceived difference from levelling up. Challenges will not get any easier as a consequence of your character level but only by virtue of how you invest your skills. Many scaled areas already exist where this is the case anyway I suppose. Not just the DLC but the main quest and fighters guild / mages guild quest-lines. I suppose if the experience scales too it will make it easier to train up a character in any zone.

In the end, it doesn't really matter what I think of it, if it is going to happen anyway. Characters may be perceived as getting tougher above 160 CP perhaps.
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

^^
    Still not sure how this can work. Can't really quest together as can't repeat quests. And completing some change the area. So can only do quests both players not done? But most higher levels are higher because they've done most quests.....
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any of the leveled areas will give you mats up to your skill level. So if you're level 50 in blacksmith, clothing and woodworking you'll be able to get 150-160cp mats in any of the 12 Caudwell silver and gold areas plus in any of the DLCs and Craglorn.

This isn't true at all, you can only get max level (CP160) materials from DLC Zones and very rarely in Cryodiil. Silver and Gold zones, despite being "max level" or close to still only give Voidstone/Nightwood/etc and I've had max level crafting for a while now.

One Tamriel is probably going to be terrible for any grinders/farmers alike and I don't trust this supposed "new instance" creation at all: like at all the starter zones, they have this feature right now apparently but every WB is missing and half the quest mobs are already dead. It's a nightmare down there.

if your max level in crafting 100% of the nodes are max level in pvp. i have no idea what your talking about with it being rare, its all over the place.
  • LiquidSchwartz
    LiquidSchwartz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    looool its gonna suck so hard in dlc zones
    May the Schwartz be with you.
    EP/XB1/NA

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    looool its gonna suck so hard in dlc zones

Why would that be? As far as we know, the only change One Tamriel will have to DLC zones is that the people around you will be from all three Alliances, not just your own.
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    But will it fix the lag?
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even the starter maps?

from the announcement:
    You will be able to play and group with anyone in the game at any time (outside of PvP). No longer will you have to create a lower level character to play with a friend who has just joined the game. You will be able to group and adventure together from the moment your friend emerges from the tutorial.

In general, higher level players will be the same “level" as lower level players, but they will have far more tools in their arsenal: better gear, more abilities, and of course more Champion points.

No?

They said it will be like in the DLC zones - and this means CP150 is what you are scaled to - and all enemies are CP160.

This said, I do not think that they will do that in the same way on the starter island - this way of scaling is just too harsh for a level 3 freshly out of prison with pretty much no weapon damage and a nearly empty ability bar. They have as well just access to the very basic level 1 food, beverages and potions - and those do not do much for them.
    Edited by Lysette on August 13, 2016 9:54PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even the starter maps?

from the announcement:

No?

They said it will be like in the DLC zones - and this means CP150 is what you are scaled to - and all enemies are CP160.

This said, I do not think that they will do that in the same way on the starter island - this way of scaling is just too harsh for a level 3 freshly out of prison with pretty much no weapon damage and a nearly empty ability bar. They have as well just access to the very basic level 1 food, beverages and potions - and those do not do much for them.

The way I read the announcements isn't that every zone is going to be CP150 with players scaled to that level, but rather that every zone will have its natural level to which all players will be scaled. So a lvl 50 player can join up with a lvl 10 player doing lvl 10 content in a lvl 10 zone. The lvl 50 player will be scaled down to lvl 10 (but will have more tools in his box than the lvl 10 player). Conversely, the lvl 10 player could scale up to lvl 50 in a high level zone. Thus the zones will be of varying levels as now, but with the change that players will be able to tackle them in any order (and in any alliance) by being automatically scaled to the appropriate level for the zone.

I certainly hope that's the way it's being planned. It would be terribly monotonous and tedious if the entire game world was the same level, i.e. lvl 50 CP150. I may well be wrong on this, but I hope not. It certainly needs to be clarified, however.
    Edited by Tandor on August 13, 2016 11:50PM
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping Gold, Silver and Craglorn areas will yield your max rank crafting materials. I'm bored of farm in Wrothgar. I believe they introduced instancing with One Tamriel in mind. Being ZOS wouldn't surprise me if they did such gross mistake to overlook the population issues that will have but I also have faith in them to clean up the mess in time.
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm expecting Craglorn to be packed. CP160 materials, large packs of mobs and nirncrux all over the map equals ideal grind spot for everything.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm expecting Craglorn to be packed. CP160 materials, large packs of mobs and nirncrux all over the map equals ideal grind spot for everything.

I think nirncrux is going to become available in more places once One Tamriel drops. I think they want to make that whole trait more mainstream and common.
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I think nirncrux is going to become available in more places once One Tamriel drops. I think they want to make that whole trait more mainstream and common.

Boy I hope they make it more accessible. To be honest, it's not a good enough trait to be so overpriced in the market and rare in the world.
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is not how it works - it is not scaling the world around you, you are scaled to the world. But I guess with One Tamriel all the monsters will be like in the DLC zones - level 50 CP160 - so ZOS has a lot of work to revisit all those monsters and quests and adjust them to One Tamriel - this is not just done by changing a scaling factor, this is actual work.

I hope not (sufficiently that I've cancelled my sub until this is sorted out), but if One Tamriel means that leveling characters are going to face CP160 mobs with level 5 abilities, I'm done with the game. Story and world are what interest me, and I've taken a level 5 to the Gold Coast. Not fun at all! Sure, scaling allowed her to kill a minotaur, but it was a lengthy slog, of a sort to drain all the fun from questing and exploring. There's a good reason for different areas to be different levels. It might work if zone level were fixed and characters were scaled up or down to match, but it's hard to be optimistic.

• Khairiah
    Khairiah
    ✭✭✭
    Dont think there will be crowded anywhere tbh.. If was such an issue why aint Hews Bane, Gold Coast or Orsinium not crowded already since res. nodes are scaled there? Now im on the PS4 EU Ebonheart and I see more ppl at the Mournhold craft area than in Orsinium when im roaming around doing my daily business. If anything One Tamriel will just spread ppl out, which at the of the day is good. Both for lag issues but also for farming/grinding.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imryll wrote: »

I hope not (sufficiently that I've cancelled my sub until this is sorted out), but if One Tamriel means that leveling characters are going to face CP160 mobs with level 5 abilities, I'm done with the game. Story and world are what interest me, and I've taken a level 5 to the Gold Coast. Not fun at all! Sure, scaling allowed her to kill a minotaur, but it was a lengthy slog, of a sort to drain all the fun from questing and exploring. There's a good reason for different areas to be different levels. It might work if zone level were fixed and characters were scaled up or down to match, but it's hard to be optimistic.

I have not canceled my sub on PC NA, but I am eagerly awaiting news in September about what they are planning to do. I have plenty of time to cancel, if it comes to that. I am not so much concerned about whether they scale, I know they are, but how they are scaling.

That said, One Tamriel has already cost them a sub from me on PS4. While I have been waiting for the longer subscription terms on PS4 for a year, there is no way I am going to start a subscription with this game right now. One Tamriel is too large of a change, with too many opportunities for them to mess it up, to be investing long-term in this game.
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tamriel One sounds like an enormous train wreck about to befall those of us who played since beta and pc launch. I sincerely hope ZOS has some unannounced plans they haven't made public yet that will change this perception, as most experienced players I've spoken to have the same dreaded feeling and concerns

I also feel the entire idea of "Tamriel One" is unnecessary.
    NA/PC
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aquanova wrote: »
    Tamriel One sounds like an enormous train wreck about to befall those of us who played since beta and pc launch. I sincerely hope ZOS has some unannounced plans they haven't made public yet that will change this perception, as most experienced players I've spoken to have the same dreaded feeling and concerns

I also feel the entire idea of "Tamriel One" is unnecessary.

From an Elder Scrolls perspective, One Tamriel is fine in the sense that characters should be able to freely move around, as they see fit. This allows players of all Alliances to be seen anywhere in Tamriel, and at at basic level, this is fine. This allows ZOS to remove artificial barriers that prevent people from mingling.

But... we are at war, you know. Outside of Cyrodiil, ZOS seems to have largely forgotten this. Starting with Cadwell, they began to erode the concept. I expect they will continue this with One Tamriel, further making the war irrelevant. Sure, there will be quests, and other-Alliance bad guys, that pretend to uphold the war, but in a practical sense, the war will be over the day that they roll out One Tamriel. At least, that is what I expect them to do.

I would love it if they had some unannounced details, but that would mean extra effort, which is more expense. I really don't expect anything beyond the Path of Least Resistance.

• Khairiah
    Khairiah
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe people shouldnt shoot it down point blank, without knowing whats to come. We only know a small bit of what One Tamriel will be like. So maybe take a breather and enjoy the game a bit instead.

Alas.. If you want to unsub/leave the game before you know how its gonna be, be my guests. More space for the rest of us..