Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

One Tamriel = RIP to all node farmers & grinders

Kammakazi
Kammakazi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So we all know that One Tamriel is going to make it so all 3 of the factions are able to be in the same exact zone. The issue with this is that EVERYTHING is going to be crowded. Craglorn/Hew's Bane/Coldharbor/Wrothgar and all other hot spots for node farming and grinding are going to be absolutely packed. Pretty much this means that everybody will be racing/competing against others for nodes and mob grinding. All the high level and expert grinders are going to be ripping through nodes and nuking trash pulls, while the newer players are left with a crawler inside a node.

Are we going to get any compensation?
  • Increased node respawn times?
  • Increased node count in zones?
  • Increased mob respawn times?
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually, since you can go anywhere, I doubt every last person on ESO will be in any one zone. Have you been to Cadwell's gold and silver of late? Hard to find other players. Now, they'll just be more equal. Maybe a bit more crowded, sure, but not the end of the world.

And as for grinding it is VERY good. Any spot in the game will work, not just level appropriate ones. My spot gets busy? Move to the next. Not like there are a shortage. If I'm desperate, I'll go to IC, MA, or DSA.
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone doesn't understand the concept of scalable instancing.
    End the tedious inventory management game.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    Actually, since you can go anywhere, I doubt every last person on ESO will be in any one zone. Have you been to Cadwell's gold and silver of late? Hard to find other players. Now, they'll just be more equal. Maybe a bit more crowded, sure, but not the end of the world.

And as for grinding it is VERY good. Any spot in the game will work, not just level appropriate ones. My spot gets busy? Move to the next. Not like there are a shortage. If I'm desperate, I'll go to IC, MA, or DSA.

While true, it wouldn't be optimal. For example, can you imagine trying to level a character in Old Orsinium once One Tamriel goes live? Or maybe attempting to level a character at the famed zombie mob locations...? Raw nightmare fuel. As is they're already packed, so imagine what they're going to be like in One Tamriel. And sure, you can try to find grind spots that no one knows about. But, it'll only be a matter of time before someone finds out. And in wanting to be the "cool guy", goes and makes a YouTube video. Or goes and tells his guild-mates, and word spreads out. Next thing you know, your private spot of sorts becomes extremely packed.

If I were you guys, I'd get in all the leveling you need now. Get it done. Get all your characters (except mules if you have them) to Lv.50 now, and then be done with it. And from a resource farming perspective, you're just going to be S.O.L., and have to hope for the best.
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

Yes of course the Silver and Gold zones are empty as of right now, but after OT hits, everything is going to be packed.

I can tell you that the Gold Zones for AD, has some of the BEST grinding spots for Fighter's Guild and XP in general. Also, EP's Gold Zones also have amazing grind spots.

A good grinding spot to me is where I am able to aggro and pull a lot of mob packs, and center them to their maximum leash range, and then nuke them. Also, fast respawn times are also necessary.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any of the leveled areas will give you mats up to your skill level. So if you're level 50 in blacksmith, clothing and woodworking you'll be able to get 150-160cp mats in any of the 12 Caudwell silver and gold areas plus in any of the DLCs and Craglorn. And if your own alliance areas are battle leveled also, you'll be able to get high-end mats there too. It'll be a 50/50 split between high-end mats and whatever level mats the area is. If anything, people will be spread out. And you can still get potion mats anywhere. I don't it as being a problem.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As for grind spots, new grind spots will open up where none existed before because of over leveling. As an AD player I know there's a few really good spots in Greenshade, Grantwood and Reaper's March that I wouldn't touch right now because I'd gain zero xp because of my level. It may take a little effort but you can set up a grind spot rotation and you should be able to find areas to gain cp and/or harvest mats.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • oxxalejandroxxo
    oxxalejandroxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont like the idea of one tamriel at all, just make group finder work better!!
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alot of people don't grind. Don't really think there will be any problem in this. Also if there are to many people in one zone it make duplicates om the zone. Remember in Beta when there was still bugs with this so you were same place but not in same phase/instence/area what ever :)
  • wolfydog
    wolfydog
    ✭✭✭
    The benefits of the game overall will far greater then a few people having a harder time grinding.

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is a "glass half empty" thread. While I understand the concerns, and share them to an extent, we don't really know how OT will play out as regards over-crowding and resource distribution. Other 'doom and gloom' predictions never materialized. The best course is to deal with OT when it gets here. Worrying abut it now is pointless.

186473060.jpg
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As the apparent minority here, as I love to grind...it gives me gold, deconstruction items, and quick/steady XP, I am going to miss my grinding spots. At least 8/10 of my toons are 50...time to get the last two finished!
  • jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maps are instanced so there will be no problem ;)
    Jeedrzej - Magica Dragonknight lvl 50
    Ealian Elieilijas - Magica Sorcerer lvl 50
    Enerias Kazner - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Marcelius SIlny - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Anvena Kazner - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Arcynekromantka Anastazja - Magica Nightblade lvl 50
    Threiva Krwawooka - Stamina Sorcerer lvl 50
    Anvena Karen - Stamina Templat lvl 50
    Furia Dorathis - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Verinia Dziecię Światła - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Anwen Llenariolis - Magica Warden lvl 50
    Welandil Mroźne Serce - Magicka Warden lvl 50
    Brunein Silny - Stamina Warden lvl 50
    Jilialis Szept Nocy - Magicka Sorcerer lvl 50
    Dareiva Tancerka Cieni - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Doweriusz Desson - Magicka Necromancer lvl 40

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    This is a "glass half empty" thread. While I understand the concerns, and share them to an extent, we don't really know how OT will play out as regards over-crowding and resource distribution. Other 'doom and gloom' predictions never materialized. The best course is to deal with OT when it gets here. Worrying abut it now is pointless.

186473060.jpg

You make good points here...but I have little faith in ZOS actually releasing content that doesn't ulimately troll the player base. I hope I am wrong and I hope you are right. I want to believe that everything will turn out OK. I do.

Your best point "is to deal with OT when it gets here." I can't disagree, right now we all are speculating on what might happen.
  • Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any of the leveled areas will give you mats up to your skill level. So if you're level 50 in blacksmith, clothing and woodworking you'll be able to get 150-160cp mats in any of the 12 Caudwell silver and gold areas plus in any of the DLCs and Craglorn.

This isn't true at all, you can only get max level (CP160) materials from DLC Zones and very rarely in Cryodiil. Silver and Gold zones, despite being "max level" or close to still only give Voidstone/Nightwood/etc and I've had max level crafting for a while now.

One Tamriel is probably going to be terrible for any grinders/farmers alike and I don't trust this supposed "new instance" creation at all: like at all the starter zones, they have this feature right now apparently but every WB is missing and half the quest mobs are already dead. It's a nightmare down there.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kongkim wrote: »
    Alot of people don't grind. Don't really think there will be any problem in this. Also if there are to many people in one zone it make duplicates om the zone. Remember in Beta when there was still bugs with this so you were same place but not in same phase/instence/area what ever :)

This actually still happens on live in early game zones, like Stonefalls.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here's a solution to the problem........ don't launch One Tamriel and throw the entire idea into the garbage where it belongs.
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any reason to jump to such harsh conclusions based on OP's thread title?

Jesus people act like the game will explode and are making all these accusations, assumptions, conclusions, without knowing anything concrete....
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why? We still have different shards for the servers. I do not see the problem.
    Edited by BlackEar on August 11, 2016 4:29PM
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If everything scales to YOU and one zone is crowded, a simple solution would be ---- Wait for it....

Go to a different zone that is less crowded and grind or harvest away. It will be scaled to YOU too.

I would find it VERY difficult to believe that EVERY zone in the game will suddenly be filled to capacity with grinders and harvesters on OT launch day.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other 'doom and gloom' predictions never materialized.

Oddly enough, some "doom and gloom" predictions have come true, either partially or entirely. That includes some doozies, like the whole "Free to Play" doom and gloom, as well as the more mundane ones, like high prices on certain Crown Store things.
    Worrying abut it now is pointless.

This much is true. By the time we find out about new features, those features are set in stone, anchored with concrete, and chained down. One Tamriel was completely laid out and designed, and was well into implementation before Firor even mentioned it. Hercules could not change the course of this thing.

Go to a different zone that is less crowded and grind or harvest away. It will be scaled to YOU too.

I am fairly confident that they will implement One Tamriel such that this is true. Every zone in the game will be largely a clone of every other zone in the game. For farmers, the world will be a vast expanse of "the same". The only difference will be in density, and those high density areas where resources or XP are easy to get will be the one place to be.

I eagerly await news on One Tamriel, but I am not optimistic.

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any of the leveled areas will give you mats up to your skill level. So if you're level 50 in blacksmith, clothing and woodworking you'll be able to get 150-160cp mats in any of the 12 Caudwell silver and gold areas plus in any of the DLCs and Craglorn.

This isn't true at all, you can only get max level (CP160) materials from DLC Zones and very rarely in Cryodiil. Silver and Gold zones, despite being "max level" or close to still only give Voidstone/Nightwood/etc and I've had max level crafting for a while now.

One Tamriel is probably going to be terrible for any grinders/farmers alike and I don't trust this supposed "new instance" creation at all: like at all the starter zones, they have this feature right now apparently but every WB is missing and half the quest mobs are already dead. It's a nightmare down there.

having just played a new toon through the pact starter zones i can state, categorically, that this is not the case - the population has been reasonable but wb and quest mobs have been no trouble to find at all.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still concerned about how the mats are going to be handled. While my crafters are all maxed skills/cp322, I craft for 5 guilds that have new players. Restricting me to only finding ruby level stuff is not going to help the guildie who needs level 20 gear.
  • Necrelios
    Necrelios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pecheckler wrote: »

This right here. There's only a certain number of players allowed in each zone instance. It's somewhere around like 50-100 players per zone. Once that fills up, players overflow into the next available instance which comes online automatically (Why you get those longer loading screens waiting for instance to become available). Anyways, some areas like Cyrodiil will have a larger capacity to compensate for all three alliances, it's somewhere around 100 players per alliance.

We don't yet know how One Tamriel is going to affect the capacity of zone instances so it's too early to panic. If they do increase the capacity like Cyrodiil for all alliances, then you can start to panic. If the limit stays where it is then nothing really changes other than seeing players from another alliance but there would still only be the same amount of players allowed in your instance of the zone.
    Terms & Conditions ["We revoke permission to fictional legal constructs or private/public persons for selling of any private data, censorship, surveillance, personage or conversion as a trespass of law. We prohibit the practice of "procedural law" or corporate statues in place of divine law."]
  • Trublz
    Trublz
    ✭✭✭
    How will it affect types of nodes?example..
    Currently in wrothgar I can only find harvest rube ore as I'm fully leveled in black smithing. If I want to get lower level ores I need to go to non scaled low level areas. Will I still be able to do this after everything is scaled? Or will I be stuck only being able to harvest rube forever???
    CP531 Air-eez Redguard DK DPS
    CP531 Hayd-eez Imperial DK Tank
    CP531 SomethinFishy Khajit NB DPS
    CP531 Heracl-eez Orc Sorc DPS
    CP531 Anark-eez Dark Elf DK DPS
    CP531 Herm-eez Breton Temp DPS
  • cravnbeer
    cravnbeer
    ✭✭✭
    First nodes already respawn faster when a zone is fully populated.

Second PvE zones are instanced/ phased. Once the zone is full a copy of the zone is created and additional players can enter it.
  • Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    having just played a new toon through the pact starter zones i can state, categorically, that this is not the case - the population has been reasonable but wb and quest mobs have been no trouble to find at all.

Starter zone, singular. That is, say, Auridon for AD and so on. EP's (Stonefalls?) was especially bad and for that reason I haven't really touched my level 10 (levelled via dungeons).

Yes, the higher level you get the less people appear... but don't you think once Greenshade has both low level AD's, + Silver players + Gold players in it at the same time it won't get crowded? That's not including any farmers or grinders.

Certain areas in the game, right now, Silver Gold zone or no are ALWAYS being farmed by someone every time I visit. One Tamriel will not change that I fear anymore than upscaling all of gold to CP160 "spread people out". Mind you I don't want to play in a ghost town of a game, but I don't want to have questing killed for me because all the mobs I need are dead and I have to sit around twiddling my thumbs since mobs haven't respawned.

It would be nice if ESO had an instance change option like other MMO's.
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pecheckler wrote: »

Why not explain it to us mere mortals.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a solution to the problem........ don't launch One Tamriel and throw the entire idea into the garbage where it belongs.

Nah. It's a good goal. Make it so that players can wander around and make a mess of things, like they expect from an Elder Scrolls game.
  • Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This right here. There's only a certain number of players allowed in each zone instance. It's somewhere around like 50-100 players per zone. Once that fills up, players overflow into the next available instance which comes online automatically (Why you get those longer loading screens waiting for instance to become available). Anyways, some areas like Cyrodiil will have a larger capacity to compensate for all three alliances, it's somewhere around 100 players per alliance.

Then this number is set far too high and isn't working properly, see the 3 starting zones (Auridon/Stonefalls/that other blue one): every time I log on there's dozens of players anywhere I go, all the world bosses are dead, delves are devoid of NPC's to fight, all my quest mobs are half dead or all dead... it's awful.

I don't play during USA peak hours either, when I play it's like 2am USA time. I shudder to think what it's like during USA hours.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necrelios wrote: »
    There's only a certain number of players allowed in each zone instance. It's somewhere around like 50-100 players per zone. Once that fills up, players overflow into the next available instance which comes online automatically

I suspect it is closer to 300-500 players per zone. There can be 100-150 just milling around the wayshrine in Mournhold, at times, and, contrary to the popular belief, I have no performance problems when I come across this (FPS is not tanking, latency is normal).

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus