Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

One Tamriel = RIP to all node farmers & grinders

• jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    having just played a new toon through the pact starter zones i can state, categorically, that this is not the case - the population has been reasonable but wb and quest mobs have been no trouble to find at all.

Starter zone, singular. That is, say, Auridon for AD and so on. EP's (Stonefalls?) was especially bad and for that reason I haven't really touched my level 10 (levelled via dungeons).

Yes, the higher level you get the less people appear... but don't you think once Greenshade has both low level AD's, + Silver players + Gold players in it at the same time it won't get crowded? That's not including any farmers or grinders.

Certain areas in the game, right now, Silver Gold zone or no are ALWAYS being farmed by someone every time I visit. One Tamriel will not change that I fear anymore than upscaling all of gold to CP160 "spread people out". Mind you I don't want to play in a ghost town of a game, but I don't want to have questing killed for me because all the mobs I need are dead and I have to sit around twiddling my thumbs since mobs haven't respawned.

It would be nice if ESO had an instance change option like other MMO's.

no... i said zones.... played through to the rift on ep. had no trouble on any of the maps finding wb or quest mobs
  • Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no... i said zones.... played through to the rift on ep. had no trouble on any of the maps finding wb or quest mobs

You quoted me where I said starting zones (as in the first in each faction), you replied that the rest of the faction zones are okay... I was only correcting what was being talked about.

The rest of the zones after the starting zones don't have the same problems because they don't have hundreds of new players in them at the same time all doing the same quests, and for those overcrowded zones the "new instance" threshold is set way too low.

Waiting for respawns is stupid, I don't want it when One Tamriel hits.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This right here. There's only a certain number of players allowed in each zone instance. It's somewhere around like 50-100 players per zone. Once that fills up, players overflow into the next available instance which comes online automatically (Why you get those longer loading screens waiting for instance to become available). Anyways, some areas like Cyrodiil will have a larger capacity to compensate for all three alliances, it's somewhere around 100 players per alliance.

Then this number is set far too high and isn't working properly, see the 3 starting zones (Auridon/Stonefalls/that other blue one): every time I log on there's dozens of players anywhere I go, all the world bosses are dead, delves are devoid of NPC's to fight, all my quest mobs are half dead or all dead... it's awful.

I don't play during USA peak hours either, when I play it's like 2am USA time. I shudder to think what it's like during USA hours.

Honestly, one of the problems with Stonefalls is actually seriously over leveled characters wandering through and wrecking the place. Which will go away with this. When you can literally two shot the world bosses, they're simply not up long enough for you to get there.

Hell, I'm even guilty of this on occasion. It's not deliberate trolling (at least with me), but someone asks for help, and you might just see vet wander in and smear whatever you were racing towards.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You quoted me where I said starting zones (as in the first in each faction), you replied that the rest of the faction zones are okay... I was only correcting what was being talked about.

The rest of the zones after the starting zones don't have the same problems because they don't have hundreds of new players in them at the same time all doing the same quests, and for those overcrowded zones the "new instance" threshold is set way too low.

Waiting for respawns is stupid, I don't want it when One Tamriel hits.

perhaps i should have qualified it further...

by starting zones i meant the maps up to coldharbour - again on all of them i saw a healthy population but not enough to hinder progress - nothing like the first few weeks of the game after pre-release.

it is an mmo after all shouldn't be too much of a shock seeing other players.
    Edited by jedtb16_ESO on August 11, 2016 5:56PM
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is seriously one the worst decisions I've ever heard of in MMORPG development, and I remember Star Wars Galaxies's NGE.

I'm all for opening up the world for everyone, but not at all for level scaling everything. That is the dumbest MMORPG design decision I've ever heard. What they have to do is simple: leep everything as it is level-wise and unlock all zones. That's it. Keep newbie zones newbie, mid level zones mid level, high level zones high level, and unlock them. Simple.

I'm also not for allowing easy access to other alliance zones via automatically unlocked wayshrines. I think we should either have to travel to those other zones manually (which is currently not possible unless travel through Cyrodiil and Craglorn are allowed) or wait till we finish our alliance's Coldharbour like we have to now. Easy wayshrine teleportation without having to travel there first is akin to flying mounts: you can literally skip content and the world suddenly is a lot smaller.

Forget about harvest nodes too, or even just mob or dolmen farming. It's going to be a mess.
  • seebra
    seebra
    ✭✭✭
    do i keep my skill points and achievements what i have got from coldharbour?
    Edited by seebra on August 11, 2016 5:55PM
    daggerfall covenant cp +39050 Seebra -Stamina Imperial DK50 Gularhar -Stamina Imperial Templar42 Mustajänis - Magicka Dark Elf Necromancer50 Superstrike - Magicka Dark Elf Templar
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is seriously one the worst decisions I've ever heard of in MMORPG development, and I remember Star Wars Galaxies's NGE.

Sorta the exact opposite of NGE, though, isn't it?

I mean, that was about taking the game, and filing off all the options so you could only play the way SOE wanted you to.

This is about opening up the options and giving players way more choice in how they can interact with their friends and run the content they want to, as opposed to being locked into a linear story, which has drawn complaints and criticisms since day one.
  • Necrelios
    Necrelios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trublz wrote: »
    How will it affect types of nodes?example..
    Currently in wrothgar I can only find harvest rube ore as I'm fully leveled in black smithing. If I want to get lower level ores I need to go to non scaled low level areas. Will I still be able to do this after everything is scaled? Or will I be stuck only being able to harvest rube forever???

You will see nodes appropriate for both levels, so you should still be able to harvest what you need.
    Terms & Conditions ["We revoke permission to fictional legal constructs or private/public persons for selling of any private data, censorship, surveillance, personage or conversion as a trespass of law. We prohibit the practice of "procedural law" or corporate statues in place of divine law."]
  • negbert
    negbert
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm excited about this. I love the battle levelling in the dlc zones. I get loads of useful mats and I'm guaranteed xp from all kills. Why should a skeever in one map be more challenging than one in another? Makes more sense to level the world to the player with character progression through improved gear and more unlocked skills and passives.
  • Necrelios
    Necrelios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necrelios wrote: »
    There's only a certain number of players allowed in each zone instance. It's somewhere around like 50-100 players per zone. Once that fills up, players overflow into the next available instance which comes online automatically

I suspect it is closer to 300-500 players per zone. There can be 100-150 just milling around the wayshrine in Mournhold, at times, and, contrary to the popular belief, I have no performance problems when I come across this (FPS is not tanking, latency is normal).

It's true that it could be higher. They haven't come out with the exact number as far as I know but it would be interesting to know.
    Terms & Conditions ["We revoke permission to fictional legal constructs or private/public persons for selling of any private data, censorship, surveillance, personage or conversion as a trespass of law. We prohibit the practice of "procedural law" or corporate statues in place of divine law."]
  • elantaura
    elantaura
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am on the underpopulated faction which means that we always face tons of others in cyrodill but it's quite nice in pve I've logged into those other factions on my mules and it's busy. An advantage of being the underdog you don't contend for the same resources/nodes as much. So where exactly is the benefit for us? We will Be as overpopulated by red in pve as Well as pvp . We are actually loosing our benefit of being the least populated.
    PS4 EU 1200+ cp - I enjoy RP, Housing, PVE and PVP

• ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This right here. There's only a certain number of players allowed in each zone instance. It's somewhere around like 50-100 players per zone. Once that fills up, players overflow into the next available instance which comes online automatically (Why you get those longer loading screens waiting for instance to become available). Anyways, some areas like Cyrodiil will have a larger capacity to compensate for all three alliances, it's somewhere around 100 players per alliance.

Then this number is set far too high and isn't working properly, see the 3 starting zones (Auridon/Stonefalls/that other blue one): every time I log on there's dozens of players anywhere I go, all the world bosses are dead, delves are devoid of NPC's to fight, all my quest mobs are half dead or all dead... it's awful.

I don't play during USA peak hours either, when I play it's like 2am USA time. I shudder to think what it's like during USA hours.

It's funny, because I've been leveling a new character on AD and have not encountered your problem and I'm playing during normal hours. Obviously world bosses are going to die, you just wait for them to respawn, delves always have NPCs because they respawn quickly, and quest mobs the same thing, respawn quickly. It sounds to me like you're an extremely impatient person who would be happier playing a single player game because it doesn't sound like you like to share or play well with others.

All of the "OMG the sky is falling"... when we have absolutely NO IDEA how this is going to work. I imagine it is not going to be anything like the amount of drama some people are claiming here, especially about the grinding spots. Funny, because once you're battle leveled, EVERY area becomes a potential grinding location. So to think that suddenly 'all the best spots' are going to be taken is wrong because there will now be so many others opening up since we won't become over-leveled for an area anymore.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I doubt it will be an issue.

I do wonder how farming will be handled. If it will be locked to your level or not? That is something I am curious about. I suspect it might be like wrothgar. Downside though means that you won't be able to farm lower mats if you needed them for something if they change it. Hopefully it will be a mix.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    having just played a new toon through the pact starter zones i can state, categorically, that this is not the case - the population has been reasonable but wb and quest mobs have been no trouble to find at all.

Starter zone, singular. That is, say, Auridon for AD and so on. EP's (Stonefalls?) was especially bad and for that reason I haven't really touched my level 10 (levelled via dungeons).

Yes, the higher level you get the less people appear... but don't you think once Greenshade has both low level AD's, + Silver players + Gold players in it at the same time it won't get crowded? That's not including any farmers or grinders.

Certain areas in the game, right now, Silver Gold zone or no are ALWAYS being farmed by someone every time I visit. One Tamriel will not change that I fear anymore than upscaling all of gold to CP160 "spread people out". Mind you I don't want to play in a ghost town of a game, but I don't want to have questing killed for me because all the mobs I need are dead and I have to sit around twiddling my thumbs since mobs haven't respawned.

It would be nice if ESO had an instance change option like other MMO's.

Sometimes you get a phase change by just relogging - but if you wait for about 5 minutes logged out, it is nearly a guarantee to get into a new phase - at least at prime time - those are created so quickly when concurrency is high, that you will end up in a new phase doing it like this. Another effect of this, chests and nodes feel like "refreshed" in a new phase, in average a new phase will just be half filled when you enter it - think about it.
    Edited by Lysette on August 11, 2016 6:42PM
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im actually genuinely annoyed by the idea that I will yet again have to deal with others node farming where I'm node farming. Yes, they should be able to, no they aren't hurting anything, and yes I'm being unreasonable, but I still don't WANT it.

Honestly I believe One Tamriel is a bad idea.

1. Scaling was never something I liked in Oblivion.
    2. Node farming is already competitive at times.
    3. There are already people who do not understand that their level does in fact hinder their ability to do some content and I fear that this will only increase with people trying out the One Tamriel update later this year.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sorta the exact opposite of NGE, though, isn't it?

I mean, that was about taking the game, and filing off all the options so you could only play the way SOE wanted you to.

This is about opening up the options and giving players way more choice in how they can interact with their friends and run the content they want to, as opposed to being locked into a linear story, which has drawn complaints and criticisms since day one.

which is why I'm all for unlocking all the zones, so people can adventure where they want.

But I'm a huge fan of the traditional MMORPG level system. It's been a staple of RPGs for over 30 years now. The world doesn't scale to you, you gain levels and move on to harder areas with greater rewards. That's how it's always been, from the ancient single player RPGs of the 80s to the MMORPGs of the new millenium. It's a tried and true system that ZOS is about to throw out the window in favor of some convoluted level-scaling system where we might as well not have levels at all. Wtf is the point of leveling from 1-50 if every single zone scales to your level? Why would an orc ever have to leave Glenumbra if he can literally stay in that zone from level 3 to CP 531? Why even bother having a level grind at all then?
    Edited by Holycannoli on August 11, 2016 6:42PM
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No ZOS will not change respawn timers. I will just run faster than everyone once one TU drops since I have the spawns to the second I will just anger three times the number of players. Cannot wait for the rage two years and 4 months... And counting.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt it will be an issue.

I do wonder how farming will be handled. If it will be locked to your level or not? That is something I am curious about. I suspect it might be like wrothgar. Downside though means that you won't be able to farm lower mats if you needed them for something if they change it. Hopefully it will be a mix.

Leave one of your characters without crafting skills, then that one has a 50% chance to get low level materials. And you can do that as well with other tiers of materials like that - just leave one character at that skill level to have access to a 50% drop rate of those tier materials.
    Edited by Lysette on August 11, 2016 6:52PM
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am fairly confident that they will implement One Tamriel such that this is true. Every zone in the game will be largely a clone of every other zone in the game. For farmers, the world will be a vast expanse of "the same". The only difference will be in density, and those high density areas where resources or XP are easy to get will be the one place to be.

I eagerly await news on One Tamriel, but I am not optimistic.

Why can't we choose WHICH SHARD we'd like to join, like a "universe" system found in other MMO's; that way, if you want to be in a busy zone to find groups/RP, etc., you can choose that manually; if you want to harvest/grind/have a less crowded experience, you can choose a less populated shard.

• Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im actually genuinely annoyed by the idea that I will yet again have to deal with others node farming where I'm node farming. Yes, they should be able to, no they aren't hurting anything, and yes I'm being unreasonable, but I still don't WANT it.

Honestly I believe One Tamriel is a bad idea.

1. Scaling was never something I liked in Oblivion.
    2. Node farming is already competitive at times.
    3. There are already people who do not understand that their level does in fact hinder their ability to do some content and I fear that this will only increase with people trying out the One Tamriel update later this year.

What do you mean by "trying out", it is not as if this would be an option, it will be mandatory for anyone.
    Edited by Lysette on August 11, 2016 6:53PM
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still haven't seen an answer to how this will work with questing. How will a higher level who has finished a quest be able to go 'back' and help a lower level friend to do the quest?

If this is going to be like the dlcs then I am adjusted to the level not the world to me, as some have said, so maybe that is how they will do it. Then different areas could keep the different levels? Otherwise I am mightily confused over this still......
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    Still haven't seen an answer to how this will work with questing. How will a higher level who has finished a quest be able to go 'back' and help a lower level friend to do the quest?

If this is going to be like the dlcs then I am adjusted to the level not the world to me, as some have said, so maybe that is how they will do it. Then different areas could keep the different levels? Otherwise I am mightily confused over this still......

In these regards we just have to say "we don't know yet how it will work" - this is up to ZOS to tell us in time. When you look at the event list of PAX and so you will see, that ZOS has sheduled quite some time for One Tamriel and to talk about how this will be for us and as well for new players on their first day in Tamriel - so we just have to wait for now.
    Edited by Lysette on August 11, 2016 7:07PM
  • bedlom
    bedlom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything you say is an assumption.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Between the ability to go everywhere & it having value for all of us to be back on lower level maps, & them dialing in the population in the layers...

I think One Tamriel will spread us out pretty evenly across the whole world population-wise, whatever your favorite zone has been its relevant again!
    :)
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »

Yes, you could be battle-leveled up OR down, depending on the zone or the group leader.

{ Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bedlom wrote: »

That is assuming an awful lot... :smile:
    Lysette wrote: »
    When you look at the event list of PAX and so you will see, that ZOS has sheduled quite some time for One Tamriel and to talk about how this will be for us and as well for new players on their first day in Tamriel - so we just have to wait for now.

For me, the biggest thing in Update 11 was that they would start talking about Update 12 and One Tamriel. :smile:
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bedlom wrote: »

That is assuming an awful lot... :smile:
    Lysette wrote: »
    When you look at the event list of PAX and so you will see, that ZOS has sheduled quite some time for One Tamriel and to talk about how this will be for us and as well for new players on their first day in Tamriel - so we just have to wait for now.

For me, the biggest thing in Update 11 was that they would start talking about Update 12 and One Tamriel. :smile:

But it looks like we have to wait for next month, I doubt they will say anything before those events. Gina said in a post, that this is the time when they will start talking about One Tamriel in more detail.
    Edited by Lysette on August 11, 2016 7:23PM
  • Kalebron
    Kalebron
    ✭✭✭
    It will be interesting, but I am sure they have already thought about it.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AFAIK there's phasing on crowded zones and nodes respawn time is subject to available nodes in a certain areas.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • s_jscorpiorwb17_ESO
    With the zones scaling to your level as people are saying, so if im level 50 champ 100 & I go into stonefalls will all mobs level to my level? so what if a lvl 10 player is in the zone hes attacking a mob leveled to him & I walk past & wack it do I see the mob as a champ 100 mob or a lvl 10 mob?? or are people being leveled to suit the zone like guildwars 2.