Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Easiest Class for VMA?

oburn
oburn
Just curious what the easiest class to play for VMA?
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Necromancer ;)
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • oburn
    oburn
    Necromancer ;)

LoL
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All of them are hard until you finish it a couple of times. That being said all magicka builds are significantly easier than stamina builds.

Magicka sorcs are still the easiest at it mainly because of Overload (which in my opinion ruins the class as it can't recieve any needed buffs without become way too overpowered, but thats another debate). But even on a magicka sorc you will die countless times and spend hours in that arena, with a ton of rage quits and broken keyboards/controllers on the first try. Trust me :wink:

I heard magicka nightblades and templars can get through it without too much of a trouble too. But when you check the leaderboards (at least on Xbox EU) everyone's a sorcerer.

Easiest stamina class is probably stamina sorcerer too, because of critical surge, extreme mobility and very good sustain.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Templar
  • Stiltz
    Stiltz
    ✭✭✭
    On PS4 NA every single one of the top 100 VMA scores is Templar. I don't know if I'm only seeing Templars because of a filter or something but every other class shows up on every other leader board I look at.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stiltz wrote: »
    On PS4 NA every single one of the top 100 VMA scores is Templar. I don't know if I'm only seeing Templars because of a filter or something but every other class shows up on every other leader board I look at.

There are 4 separate vMA leaderboards for each of the 4 classes. There is no overall board for all classes combined. By default, it shows the leaderboard for the class of the character that you are on. You can change it to show the leaderboards for the other classes.

Anyway, the easiest class is the class that you've had the most practice with in vMA and that you are the most comfortable with. My main is a magblade, so I will say that magblade is easier, though those who main sorcs will likely disagree. In my personal experience, it's magblade > VO stamsorc > VO stamdk > VO stamblade > magsorc > magplar > magdk (haven't tried it with stamplar, but I'd expect it to be about the same as the other stams).
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oburn wrote: »

most would agree its mnb.

I play my stamplar almost 100% of the time, I was able to do it on mnb almost immediatelt. >.<

what class are you the strongest at?
  • C0wrex
    C0wrex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Priest!
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, to strive, to seek and not to yield."

-Tennyson, Ulysses
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka Templar is sleeper easy mode, even without Maelstrom weapons.
  • oburn
    oburn

most would agree its mnb.

I play my stamplar almost 100% of the time, I was able to do it on mnb almost immediatelt. >.<

what class are you the strongest at?

I haven't done much PVE in a long while. My strongest class is defintely Mag DK, as that is my first char and 1 ive played the most. I have a Sorc, dont play it much, I have stam dk, stam temp and stam NB. I could easily switch my Temp to Magika though
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I still haven't completed it, I've started it on my magicka sorcerer and magicka Templar.

I started up my magicka Sorcerer because I heard that vMA was easier for them. Then I got to round 4, and I didn't have enough overload DPS to kill the boss (got somewhat close though, just git gud for me). Got by it on my Templar with several hiccups.

Main disadvantage a magicka templar faces is range, so if you run it on that, at least for the first few runs, take a ranged spell to get used to it. Also, it might be a good idea to run nMA several times to learn the spawn points of enemies.

Magicka Sorcerer has high single-target damage, but Templar has higher AOE damage.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malubeth, oh wait.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it is Templar but any self healing on attack build with good shields seems to get me on the leaderboard and in under two hours.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • drumbendrum_ESO
    drumbendrum_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Don't buy into the EASY mode for VMA, play what you know the best. I could not beat the final boss with my Magicka sorc for first clear and ended up beating it with my Stam DK. Now I run it with Stam sorc and Stam dk. Soon to be Stam NB and Templar runs as well.

Play what you know best
  • oburn
    oburn
    Is it really worth putting the time into it just for the weapons? For someone who mostly just does pvp?
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it really worth putting the time into it just for the weapons? For someone who mostly just does pvp?
    Yes it really helps in PVP for a stamina Build the 2hand is BIS.
  • Aspi90
    Aspi90
    ✭✭✭
    For me it was easier on my stam and mag Templar than on my mag sorc. Mainly cause of jabs which is great against mob groups.
    But overall I would say magplar, dw + jabs and 25% increased healing is most of the time all you need.
  • Morbash
    Morbash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka NB
    "War doesn't build character; it reveals it."
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Put the time in for the experience. You'll be proud AF when you finish it. And yeah it will help you with PvP later on.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »

Not for stamblade though, Ambush>Crit Rush. Crit Rush gets buggy and stuck all the time..!
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »

Not for stamblade though, Ambush>Crit Rush. Crit Rush gets buggy and stuck all the time..!
    For stamblade they use it for the free weapon damage not for the ability.While yes ambushed is better than crit rush the 2hand is still good.
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer because shields /sleep
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • Deceptive_Yoshi
    Deceptive_Yoshi
    ✭✭✭
    Go magicka sorcerer and at the very least bring tri pots to help maintain all your resources with your prefered food or drink. The shield, bonus damage power up, and overload will grant you unlimited power against vMA bosses.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is actually getting me to rethink about my stam DK and creating a new stam Templar character or sorc for use in vMA. I'm not really a sorc guy, but for vMA, I may just to bite the bullet and have one.
  • Maztiax
    Maztiax
    ✭✭✭

No.

In the time it took you to get those weapons in perfect traits (i. e. 100+ runs) you could have:

-studied
    -gone outside
    -petted a dog
    -had some ice cream
    -gotten laid
    -visited your family
    -gone out with some friends
    -discovered the cure to cancer
    -gotten a job
    -worked at your job (making money!)
    -tried a different game
    -ran a mile
    -learned a new martial art
    -contemplated the meaning of life
    -become a Shaolin Monk
    -achieved Nirvana
    -eaten a bagel
    -slept

#priorities
  • peniku8
    peniku8
    ✭✭✭
    I've ran vMsa about 100 times with my Magicka Nightblade and I got my No Death Achievement.
    I ran it once on my Stam Sorcerer (two days ago) and it instantly convinced me to only run it on Stam Sorc from now on.
    It was just so much easier, the last bossfight took only one minute on the Stam Sorc, thats ridiculous, it was at 70% before the boss even teleported, the first mob to spawn was the Clannfear to teleport me upstairs...
    And I don't have Vigor, I don't even have my undaughted passives on the Stam Sorc yet.
    Leader of the Akatosh Imperium, Guildmaster of

Traders of the Ebonheart
    Pact Veteran Trade
    Pact Veteran Trade II

Ambassador of the
    Knights of Akatosh

PC EU
    HODOR
    Youtube
    Flawless Conqueror - Ophidian Overlord - Boethia's Scythe, I want an achievement for having 500k dps!
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    peniku8 wrote: »
    I've ran vMsa about 100 times with my Magicka Nightblade and I got my No Death Achievement.
    I ran it once on my Stam Sorcerer (two days ago) and it instantly convinced me to only run it on Stam Sorc from now on.
    It was just so much easier, the last bossfight took only one minute on the Stam Sorc, thats ridiculous, it was at 70% before the boss even teleported, the first mob to spawn was the Clannfear to teleport me upstairs...
    And I don't have Vigor, I don't even have my undaughted passives on the Stam Sorc yet.

That is just sick.. awesome, you're able to take out the final boss within a min or so. You must have a very high weapon dam and dps output.
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    imo;

1. magblade, magplar (tier 1)
    2. Mag sorc (tier 2)
    3. magDK, stamblade (tier 3)
    4. Hell tier (everything else)
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maztiax wrote: »

No.

In the time it took you to get those weapons in perfect traits (i. e. 100+ runs) you could have:

-studied
    -gone outside
    -petted a dog
    -had some ice cream
    -gotten laid
    -visited your family
    -gone out with some friends
    -discovered the cure to cancer
    -gotten a job
    -worked at your job (making money!)
    -tried a different game
    -ran a mile