The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Talks of raising gear levels to CP 180?

oMrRust
oMrRust
✭✭✭✭
I am hearing this will happen in november but i dont know. If they do, ill be mad id have to farm all over again on monster gear, new mats + gold mats maelstrom weapons, it'll just take so long again. What do you think?
Edited by oMrRust on July 29, 2016 8:05PM

Talks of raising gear levels to CP 180? 273 votes

Raise CP gear max to 180
22%
fastolfv_ESOKallistaBlackheartRiptidederuddb14_ESOFoehammer_76jimshrum3b14_ESOmekat86b14_ESORDMyers65b14_ESOShadesofkinAmsel_McKayStarwhiteGigasaxJD2013potirondb16_ESOphreatophileShadowolfsShogunamiTeronellahstin2001nub18_ESOhamburgerler76 61 votes
Keep it at 160
77%
SoleyaSorianaSolarikenwayfarerxraidentenshu_ESOvailjohn_ESOItsMeTook9mouseSynozeermilesrodneymcneely2_ESOYolokin_SwagonbornNewBlacksmurfLara1701SteveCampsOutDirtySmeegs33Omnisoulpechecklerrudimentxb14_ESOssewallb14_ESOTravy_2Hype 212 votes
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it at 160
    Id rather have a higher quality than 180. I'll quit if they do. I've just gotten to the point where I v can play around with my characters on different sets for fun, and they aren't even all finished.

It may help reduce the gap between new and long term players, but this game doesn't have many new players that plan on staying the long haul like those who have played since day 1.

If new players want to stay they will meet people who will gladly help them to playable status. In my pvp guild I've created ton of stuff for new people so they are not just noodles flopping around.
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raise CP gear max to 180
    Do it.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it at 160
    I think the cap needs to continue being raised, but not so soon after the removal of vet ranks. The 160cp gear cap was just established, and many players just finished gearing the characters that were impacted by that.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Keep it at 160
    The item level needs to increase eventually but not yet, I'd say the Vardenfell xpac would be a good time to raise item level again and when they do it they need to make it an all new tear of materials, if we can just stock pile mats and make all our gear day one then it just becomes a pointless power increase. One of my favorite parts of the first few weeks of IC was the process of everyone gearing up at the same time.
  • Thal
    Thal
    ✭✭✭
    If they do, I hope there is a pathway to upgrade monster helms/maelstrom to 180 from 160 without having to re-farm. That'd be pretty much the end for me to have to redo all that crap again.
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Keep it at 160
    Thal wrote: »
    If they do, I hope there is a pathway to upgrade monster helms/maelstrom to 180 from 160 without having to re-farm. That'd be pretty much the end for me to have to redo all that crap again.

Agreed, dungeon bosses, raid bosses, and PVP mails or a vendor with a very high AP cost should have an item that can only be used on dropped gear, monster sets and master/malestrom weapons to upgrade level. I think crafted items should just be recrafted.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect they will eventually push for 200 and leave it at that. This gives them room to bring in new Alchemy Solvents and Provisioning Recipes that round off quite nicely.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on July 29, 2016 8:55PM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Fallen_Ray
    Fallen_Ray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it at 160
    If this happens then there's no difference between veteran levels system and the current champion point system and the veteran levels shouldn't have been removed. I thought the idea of removing veteran levels was to minimize the exp grinding and give smoother access to end game gear to everyone both new and old school players.

By raising a cap they will be going back and be repeating the same mistake. That's what I think at least.
    Edited by Fallen_Ray on July 29, 2016 8:57PM
    "Dear brother, I do not spread rumors, I create them"- Lucien Lachance
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Keep it at 160
    Fallen_Ray wrote: »
    If this happens then there's no difference between veteran levels system and the current champion point system and the veteran levels shouldn't have been removed. I thought the idea of removing veteran levels was to minimize the exp grinding and give smoother access to end game gear to everyone both new and old school players.

By raising a cap they will be going back and be repeating the same mistake. That's what I think at least.

The difference is that you only level your CP once, they never at any point said that removing VR meant you would gear up once and never worry about it again. Welcome to MMO's.
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will raise the gear cap eventually.

However, I would rather them go the route of only dropping CP180 gear from certain encounters, and disabling the option to craft any gear higher than CP160. This means that there won't be outrage from players having to upgrade all of their crafted sets. And they won't have to upgrade Maelstrom weapons. And players would have to choose to either use the new CP180 gear or stick with their crafted sets.
    Edited by s7732425ub17_ESO on July 29, 2016 9:01PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it at 160
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    I think crafted items should just be recrafted.

Ugh... no.

For one thing, crafting chews up a hilarious number of resources. Your average crafted V16 bow will run you 20k for the gold upgrade mats alone. A singe piece of heavy armor or weapon will run you nearly 60k, again, just for the gold upgrade mats. This isn't even counting the Rubidite or Ruby Ash.

Those are a pain to grind up, and are incredibly time consuming. To say nothing of the additional time and effort needed for those who can't do the crafting themselves, needing to find crafters who can make the set they want in the style they want? The entire thing is at least as annoying as rerunning content to get your jewelry back, if not more so.

If they added means for players to upgrade their gear between levels, it might lessen the sting of a new tier of mats. But, skipping crafters arbitrarily would be a huge pain.
  • Necrelios
    Necrelios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it at 160
    They would need to consider raising the level of the mobs before raising our gear level. There would be no point in raising our gear level as the CP system keeps us firmly ahead of the difficulty scale all on it's own. Give us some 501cp mobs and then we might need to see a gear level increase but right now it wouldn't make much sense.
    Terms & Conditions ["We revoke permission to fictional legal constructs or private/public persons for selling of any private data, censorship, surveillance, personage or conversion as a trespass of law. We prohibit the practice of "procedural law" or corporate statues in place of divine law."]
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it at 160
    They will raise the gear cap eventually.

However, I would rather them go the route of only dropping CP180 gear from certain encounters, and disabling the option to craft any gear higher than CP160. This means that there won't be outrage from players having to upgrade all of their crafted sets. And they won't have to upgrade Maelstrom weapons. And players would have to choose to either use the new CP180 gear or stick with their crafted sets.

That would actually be worse, because the FotMdrones would chase the 180, and the crafters would be left in the cold.

The best option would be alternate T10 mats, with slightly different properties. So instead of Rubidite, you'd have Vvardenfell Ebony, which would also make V16 items, but instead of having the same stats, it'd be 5% weaker, but offer an increase to your enchantments or maybe a 2% increased crit chance.
    Edited by starkerealm on July 29, 2016 9:13PM
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see an option on the poll for "whatever".

While I would like a rounder number for max end gear (200 would be ideal), I refuse to grind for gear so I'll just keep on using the few dropped pieces on CP160 with my crafted equipment.
    PC-EU
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it at 160
    With how bad RNG is and loot drops with useless traits hell no.
  • Function
    Function
    ✭✭✭
    Keep it at 160
    The only way I am alright with them increasing the level cap is if they allow gear sets/items obtained through content that scales to be scaled up or offer a way for it to be. If I had to refarm gear I already had but just in a higher level.. I would quit.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its going to happen, it happens in nearly every MMO, just take a deep breath and prepare to have to earn new gear at some point in time...
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Keep it at 160
    Keep it 160, but offer different crafting materials to make armor out of which could offer different properties. The constant raising of level caps and instant outmoding of existing gear is an old MMO trope that needs to go. Besides, ESO has a /serious/ problem with power creep as it is, especially with some DPS builds already being able to pull in 50-60K single target.
    Edited by Preyfar on July 29, 2016 9:30PM
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will happen eventually, but now would be the worst time, due to the recent removal of veteran ranks.

I do hope there is a way added to upgrade your existing gear. I am NOT grinding again. That grind to get gear for my main character turned me into a casual, and I don't even have everything she needs yet.
    My other veteran character is wearing whatever semi-useful junk I picked up during that grind with crafter gear for the gaps. (Seriously. Briarheart / Agility necklace and weapons / Warden / Molag Kena / Master bow / Nightmother's Gaze. I could gear her much better, but what's the point? I don't want to spend a year gathering the perfect set just in time for it to be underleveled. Drops hate me.)
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it at 160
    I'd rather they raise the CP cap to 1,000 before raising gear.
    Consider both matter but I feel as tho more CP options create interesting possibilities rather than raising gear across the board.

Either way I'll prob change my thoughts in December regardless of what happens but I'm not really for CP anything as gear and NPC rating.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it at 160
    Of course not, and where you hear thar..
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Keep it at 160
    I am spending a fortune fully upgrading my armor to gold (Mats to enchantments). I would be severely pissed off if I had to redo all over again knowing that what I've put into my armor thus far has been for nothing.

Zos would be on my poop list if that happen, especially considering the fact that getting gold mats from deconstructing items is rare to come by. buying these mats from the guild store is not cheap either.

The only way that I can fully support this is if we get almost all of our mats back from deconstructing our current gear.... including getting our enchantments back.
    Edited by raidentenshu_ESO on July 29, 2016 11:37PM
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it at 160
    Sweet Akatosh, NO.

Between the farming for non-crafted gear and the out-of-control costs of crafted gear, having to do that all over again any time soon will have me chewing on a gun barrel.

:s
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why can't anyone just make a poll with an other option?

I want to raise it, but I wamt drop rng fixed first. If They make farming something that doesn't take weeks/months then by all means increase cp cap.

if r=they intend to leave drops/rng in its current miserable state then I am 100% against a cp increase to gear.

I believe in farming amd rng drops, but this game takes that to an extreme level. Many people get bores because of how much time thwy invest into gettinf the gear they need only to never get it in the first place. That has to change.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Keep it at 160
    No need to ever raise it, the only reason it was even at 160 is because of the Veteran ranks which were a mistake to add in the first place, the CP tree is our levelling and with new gear they can keep it at 160 but just have more interesting effects.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on July 30, 2016 6:03AM
  • jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it at 160
    Option "Other" is missing :P
    Jeedrzej - Magica Dragonknight lvl 50
    Ealian Elieilijas - Magica Sorcerer lvl 50
    Enerias Kazner - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Marcelius SIlny - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Anvena Kazner - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Arcynekromantka Anastazja - Magica Nightblade lvl 50
    Threiva Krwawooka - Stamina Sorcerer lvl 50
    Anvena Karen - Stamina Templat lvl 50
    Furia Dorathis - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Verinia Dziecię Światła - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Anwen Llenariolis - Magica Warden lvl 50
    Welandil Mroźne Serce - Magicka Warden lvl 50
    Brunein Silny - Stamina Warden lvl 50
    Jilialis Szept Nocy - Magicka Sorcerer lvl 50
    Dareiva Tancerka Cieni - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Doweriusz Desson - Magicka Necromancer lvl 40

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The item-level cap raise could be acceptable, if:

- the difference between the stats on the items wouldn't be so HUGE like nowadays, when a gold cp160 weapon gives 200 (!) more damage than a gold cp150 one, while this difference is way lower between a cp140 and cp150 weapon, or even between a purple cp160 and cp150
    - this could help those, who do not want to play this game like a farming browser game, because those, who have lots of time for playing, could still get the newest item-sets possible, but the others wouldn't feel there is a galaxy-wide gap between them
    - the deconstruction of items should yield lot more materials (incl. tempers) than now
    - because of the developing technology :) the former maximum leveled item would be able to craft from normal amount of materials (so cp160 gear shouldn't need 150 mats, but 16), and always only the maximum leveled items would need this 10x amount like now
    - ZOS would give us some possibility to 'upgrade' our items to the max-1 level
    - ZOS would add ALL the items, obtainable in dungeons or quest-rewards randomly to an existing set, so there would be more options for getting set pieces
    - ZOS would round those numbers, so let it be cp200, not 180 ;)
  • Olyboi
    Olyboi
    Raise CP gear max to 180
    2 years from now CP level 10000
  • Mortehl
    Mortehl
    ✭✭✭
    Raise CP gear max to 180
    OhAmex wrote: »
    I am hearing this will happen in november but i dont know. If they do, ill be mad id have to farm all over again on monster gear, new mats + gold mats maelstrom weapons, it'll just take so long again. What do you think?

You guys are silly. Every bloody game recycles gear yearly. Keeps the game fresh. You all QQ but you'll all be there when it happens.
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raise CP gear max to 180
    I think they should raise the CP cap with every DLC or major update. But they should also add new materials to make gear from.

I remember when a lot of people were upset about the CP cap being what it was, and they have all these extra CP points they could not use. Now that they are raising the CP cap, are those same people complaining that it is being raised?
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.