The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Talks of raising gear levels to CP 180?

• Talyena
    Talyena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep it at 160
    What would be the point? With everything being scaled in the next DLC, raising the cap only serves to weaken players currently at 160 and forces everyone to farm mats and the same gear they currently wear just to get back to where they are now. This isn't like other games where new content is higher level and new armor is as well. Unless they intend to do away with scaling then raising the cap is simply a nerf to nearly everyone which only grinding out new mats will fix.
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Raise CP gear max to 180
    I'm all for expanding leveling, and I mean, with the actual system, most of us won't have to do anything to get there, so there's another bonus.

BUT, I don't thrust Zenimax on this, that's my only issue.

1. Content availability

If Zenimax is to upgrade max level, they need to make sure is content for it. HRC/AA/SO had been Under the level caps for so LONG, that most guild actually stopped to raid at vr14 because there was Nothing else. I'll say the same with CoA when they raised the cap.

So having content and gear that will support the new level is a must, no way they start scaling stuff 1 years after release. Lot of bad surprise have come from this.

2. RNG

The RNG system always been painfull to deal with in this game, not only all item come from a long list of loot table, but also you need to get the right traits from this items, and you need to gather 5 of those... so overall the RNG system isn't what we can call friendly and that must be adress before going Inside more gear grinding.

3. Expanding skill line

The upgrade Inside an MMO usually mean bringing new progression feeling to the player. Atm, I do feel we lack that sens of progression. New active skill and maybe some adjustment are in order before putting the third level increase of the game.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Talyena wrote: »
    What would be the point? With everything being scaled in the next DLC, raising the cap only serves to weaken players currently at 160 and forces everyone to farm mats and the same gear they currently wear just to get back to where they are now. This isn't like other games where new content is higher level and new armor is as well. Unless they intend to do away with scaling then raising the cap is simply a nerf to nearly everyone which only grinding out new mats will fix.

Not everything is being scaled with the next DLC. The One Tamriel update is still a few months off. Increasing the gear cap would allow them to add stronger sets that people will actually want to work towards. They would also increase the difficulty of the content to match so everything currently 160 would increase to the new cap with players scaling to the rank below it ie. cap 180, players below that scaled to 170.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Therwind
    Therwind
    ✭✭✭
    I vote for raising the level cap to 70 and keeping cp at 160 for the moment.