The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Talks of raising gear levels to CP 180?

• Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raise CP gear max to 180
    I'd be happy with CP cap increase each trimester and gear cap change every year.
  • Teronell
    Teronell
    ✭✭✭
    Raise CP gear max to 180
    It is going up eventually. The release of One Tamriel would be a good time to find out which sets aren't scaling correctly, if any. Plenty of eyes would be on them as we re-farm old sets and try out the ones that would then be dropping at 180.
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raise CP gear max to 180
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    Fallen_Ray wrote: »
    If this happens then there's no difference between veteran levels system and the current champion point system and the veteran levels shouldn't have been removed. I thought the idea of removing veteran levels was to minimize the exp grinding and give smoother access to end game gear to everyone both new and old school players.

By raising a cap they will be going back and be repeating the same mistake. That's what I think at least.

The difference is that you only level your CP once, they never at any point said that removing VR meant you would gear up once and never worry about it again. Welcome to MMO's.

In fact they said the opposite, removing the gear scaling from the overall leveling system was intended and made it so they could increase difficulty of content by introducing new gear.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raise CP gear max to 180
    Start stockpiling materials now!
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Start stockpiling materials now!

yep because it would be something like: 400 -600 ingots for 1 piece of Heavy Armour

Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    I think all gear should be down scaled to level 50.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Raise CP gear max to 180
    yes, raise the gear cap like every half a year or so :smile: !!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OhAmex wrote: »
    I am hearing this will happen in november but i dont know. If they do, ill be mad id have to farm all over again on monster gear, new mats + gold mats maelstrom weapons, it'll just take so long again. What do you think?

Have not heard the devs say anything and players like to speculate about most anything.

Games often increase level cap, usually for a reason though Zos does it just because. Regardless, it is inevitable gear level will be increased, when it merely a guess for now.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Raise CP gear max to 180
    Do it.

You won't
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it at 160
    I would love it if there was a way to "upgrade" your gear to the new level.

IDK how to go about implimenting this, haven't thought about it enough.
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The plot thickens. 3 more threads about this and it will evolve from rumor to proven fact.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OhAmex wrote: »
    I am hearing this will happen in november but i dont know. If they do, ill be mad id have to farm all over again on monster gear, new mats + gold mats maelstrom weapons, it'll just take so long again. What do you think?

I'd like to know the source that you're "hearing" this from? People are talking about it because it was part of a datamining collection, but there was absolutely NO DATE mentioned and I doubt they will raise it prior to One Tamriel nor shortly after... I expect it to be raised at some point but more likely a couple of months after One Tamriel. ZOS is counting on NEW players coming to experience One Tamriel, and raising the gear cap and battle leveling from CP160 to CP180 would not be a help to those new players.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it at 160
    No to raising the gear cap
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Xems
    Xems
    Soul Shriven
    Keep it at 160
    I would be okay with them maybe introducing a 5th temper that may be hard to acquire that can upgrade your gear from 160 to 180 (whether its's 1 CP level at a time or in increments of 5 or something).
  • Rayya_Blackheart
    Rayya_Blackheart
    ✭✭✭
    Keep it at 160
    I'd rather wait until cp200
    PC NA Rayya Blackheart pitiful DPS NB CP160
    PC NA Phaedra Phoenix beast mode Templar Healer CP160
    PC NA lvl6 Mudcrab
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep it at 160
    The grind to make 160 CP gear is massive and to increase the CP cap on gear to 180 so soon is a huge waste of all that time. You need downtime on gear lvls, it needs to be long enough for people to not feel like they wasted time and expensive materials for their set of gear. Let people enjoy their gear for awhile then increase the CP gear cause it has to happen eventually.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it at 160
    I'm saying keep it at 160 based on the current availablity of upgrade mats. If it was reasonable for the average player to farm 72 gold upgrade mats in a couple of months I would be fine with a gear-cap raise. As it stands the current system is just making the rich richer. PC EU it costs 50k for 8 dreugh wax, this is a problem imo.
    PC | EU
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it at 160
    Before the Imperial City, the max level was VR14 (or CP140). The imperial City was released almost a year ago. To this very day, there are underleveled sets in the game that ZOS has REFUSED to update to CP160. Hell there are even some CP 120 gear that still drops from dungeons scaled to 160.

There are so many sources of gear, the Cyrodill vendors, the Tel var vendors, the Undaunted Helm Vendor, the Rewards for the worthy emails, the open world drops and treasure chests. What are the chances that ZOS will update all of those in a timely manner? Its been almost a year and gear has not been updated since the last level cap increase stole all our gear and forced us to regrind for no other good reason then to force us to buy Imperial City.

Do you remember when Agility, Endurance, and Willpower were the ONLY V16 Jewelry available for MONTHS? Say NO to this nightmare ever occurring again.

The last level cap raise was terrible, it destroyed build diversity, and it took 10 months for the gear availability to recover.

If ZOS ever thinks they can get away with making us relive that greedy terrible nightmare again I will drop this game so hard and never come back. Its a true abuse of the playerbase. It would be better if ZOS could be trusted to update gear but they have shown over this last year that they love to control gear sources and create artificial gear diversity shortages where the lions share of the level cap gear can be only found in the new DLC. It's P2Win and its despicable.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on July 31, 2016 4:22AM
  • Travy_2Hype
    Travy_2Hype
    ✭✭✭
    Keep it at 160
    If a cap is raised, then players should have be given the ability to increase their current armor they've already created/farmed.
    Because if gear goes to 180 then it'll be only as drops, or they'll have to release new crafting materials as well.

However, personally I still think you should be able to increase current gear via the related skill.
    X-Box: EU

Orc Stamina DragonKnight - Tank
    Altmer Magicka Templar - DPS
    Redguard Stamina Sorcerer - DPS
  • SPE825
    SPE825
    ✭✭✭
    Keep it at 160
    I want to play the game and enjoy the content. Not grind mats. I have a job. I don't need another one.

Edit: The only exception would be if there were a way to upgrade 160 to 180. It would be stupid to have to farm new mats to just make a 180 version of the 160 armor set I already have.
    Edited by SPE825 on July 31, 2016 4:28PM
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends what sets and gear changes will come with it.
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be Ok with if there was a way to upgrade. Cp160 gear to this new level.
  • PURPLE245
    PURPLE245
    ✭✭✭
    for me it depends if its still 130+ leather/ore/silk for one piece of armor no way who wants to farm all of that again was a dumb idea in the 1st place but its its like 20 then yeah sure why not
    ↓♛The Fam♛↓
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    AD/High Elf-NB=Chip-D-I-P-S
    AD/High Elf-Sorc=Why Play
    AD/High Elf-Templar=Star Bucks
    AD/High Elf-DK=D-I-P-S
    DC/Orc-DK=Super Nub
    AD/Wood Elf-Templar=L M A O
    AD/Wood Elf-NB=ßoß
    AD/Wood Elf-sorc=Tarzan
    EP/Argonian-dk=Swimming Like A Shark
    PC☜═㋡630+cp ㋡═☞EU
    User ID=@PURPLE97
  • Wolfchild07
    Wolfchild07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it at 160
    It's false progression, and adds nothing more than re-grinding/re-crafting gear.
    Then everyone will be back to where we are now and people will be asking for cp200 gear raise.
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it at 160
    They will raise the gear cap eventually.

However, I would rather them go the route of only dropping CP180 gear from certain encounters, and disabling the option to craft any gear higher than CP160. This means that there won't be outrage from players having to upgrade all of their crafted sets. And they won't have to upgrade Maelstrom weapons. And players would have to choose to either use the new CP180 gear or stick with their crafted sets.

I love crafting! I complete disagree with that logic. Crafting Grater then Loot drops that is how it should be!
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raise CP gear max to 180
    It has been a year since the last time gear level was increased, it's totally within the realm of reason to expect it within the next 6 months or so (Perhaps with Q1 of '17). The only way this would really be a "grind" is if they made the mistake of Imperial City, which only allowed for mats to be gained through Tel Var and Decon. So long as content has been created where properly scaled nodes are spawning, no one will have to grind.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it at 160
    Keep it at 160 at least until more than just sick farmers have their Trial gears -AND- a DLC of decent size, like Wrothgar be planned
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • sadskull
    sadskull
    Soul Shriven
    Keep it at 160
    Without adding a way to upgrade our current gear to CP180 stats : No.

With adding a way to upgrade our current gear to CP180 stats : Yes.
    :^]
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it at 160
    Unless they fookin' plan on leveling the existing CP 160 gear when they raise the cap I say Fook No! It was hard enough making 6 sets of CP 160 gear as it was. I'm OUT of legendary tempers!
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • Sile
    Sile
    ✭✭✭
    Keep it at 160
    When they did the VR14->16 gear change it was one of the worst things they did. The were people who said stuff it and quit. I know I did.

It's also a huge barrier to re-entry to have to farm up mats and grind CP for endgame content. I know it's a major roadblock for a lot of players who would otherwise be playing ESO, but are turned off by the grind.
    Gondor
    Stamplar
    The Kelly Gang
    Eternal Dear Leader of Bad People on a Shortbus
    OG Daggerfall Covenant