The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Why no achievement/reward for being 9/9 traits Master Crafter in everything? Are you 9/9?

• KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a character that is 100% 9 for 9 traits and able to make every piece of armor or weapon.
    I want this to exist so I can differentiate between the people who 'need a master crafter' for their lvl 30 breton ashen grip, and those who actually need 9 trait gear by whether they ask for people with the achievment
    Edited by KochDerDamonen on July 28, 2016 11:12PM
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a character that is 100% 9 for 9 traits and able to make every piece of armor or weapon.
    I want this to exist so I can differentiate between the pepple who 'need a naster crafter' for their lvl 30 breton ashen grip, and those who actually need 9 trait gear by whether they ask for people with the achievment

There's already an easy way to distinguish these two groups. "Turn off zone."
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do NOT have a character that is 9 for 9 traits and able to make every piece of armor or weapon, but I am working on achieving this.
    You could always just not display the title, though? Like how rank 20+ people in PVP use the Volunteer title as a joke.

There's an addon that lets you alter the string for your Volunteer title, so it says what you want... if the person looking at you has an addon that will read it.

Oh, is that it? I thought they were just using it in jest. Well, I'm sure a few of them are, but that's good to know, I guess. I alternate between Monster Hunter and Deadlands Adept, myself.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could always just not display the title, though? Like how rank 20+ people in PVP use the Volunteer title as a joke.

There's an addon that lets you alter the string for your Volunteer title, so it says what you want... if the person looking at you has an addon that will read it.

Oh, is that it? I thought they were just using it in jest. Well, I'm sure a few of them are, but that's good to know, I guess. I alternate between Monster Hunter and Deadlands Adept, myself.

I usually wander around with Daedric Lord Slayer, personally.
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do NOT have a character that is 9 for 9 traits and able to make every piece of armor or weapon, but I am working on achieving this.
    In 12 days I will have 8 traits in everything.
    PC: CP 1200+ DroDest, Bringer of light
    PS4: CP 1500+ Dro Dest, SoTN, Bringer of light, CragHMs, EoF, IR, TTT
    Xbox: CP 450 Fungal Grotto 1 HM
  • Eshja
    Eshja
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have all traits researched, but I think that the achiev is not neccessary as a reward, but title would be really helpful for people to find crafters. It would be awesome if there was a title for all traits and all motifs but that can't appear in game cause new motifs are still releasing... what is awesome too so I have nothing to complain :)
    @Eshja (PC EU) Master crafter | Roleplayer | Trial scrub | Love healing ♥
    My characters: Nimpys Elenmir| Narielle Telvanni | Moans-Loudly | Vivienne The Zookeeper | Zamiatająca-Ogonem | Kha'mathre | Irgret Soul-Breaker
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eshja wrote: »
    I don't have all traits researched, but I think that the achiev is not neccessary as a reward, but title would be really helpful for people to find crafters. It would be awesome if there was a title for all traits and all motifs but that can't appear in game cause new motifs are still releasing... what is awesome too so I have nothing to complain :)

Oh, trust me, being able to find crafters is exactly why I would NEVER use that reward, whatever it was.

I have had way too many crafting orders go completely demented over the years to consider advertising by walking around wearing an outfit, or with a name tag, that says, "hey, I can make whatever your favorite streamer told you was cool."
  • Leon119
    Leon119
    ✭✭✭✭
    i really couldnt care less :neutral: im just happy i dont have to go to random people to make my gear going through a 30 minute dialogue just to tell them what u need. thats enough of an achievement for me
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo while we're at it, maybe some kind of consolidation for crafting achievements is in order. A true Grandmaster Cruftmunster needs to link like 20 different achievements to prove that they really do know every style, every trait, every recipe, every profession. If we could get one meta-achievement for traits and one for motifs that would be a step in the right direction. Sure, it would have to be re-obtained after every new motif or trait drops, but it would be waaaaaay easier to manage while advertising.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If we can have a Master Angler achievement/title, when you consider fishing doesn't really have any in game purpose other than getting perfect roe, surely we should have a similar recognition for crafting.

I could probably get master angler for all of my characters in much less time that it takes one character to research all traits on all items.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a 9/9 crafter myself (and two more 8/9, I stopped caring after that), and she's the one that makes almost all my gold selling Nirn pieces on my trade guilds :wink:

What I don't have is all the motifs*, and because of that I don't think I deserve the title "master" crafter at all :)
    (IMO, getting all the motifs is harder than actually learning all the traits. Unless you use your wallet :expressionless: )

*TBH, it's a pita the grind for them, and for some involves content on which I'm not even interested (DB and TG).

If some day I feel like spending gold on the motif pages I need, I might actually buy them from in-game stores.
    I'm not interested in them that much yet, and as I don't advertise myself as crafter for hire, I don't expect people to require crafting using those.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • AtmaDarkwolf
    AtmaDarkwolf
    ✭✭✭
    Valn wrote: »
    Not really concerned about an achievement for this. Plenty of acheivements for crafting as it is.

Why? Would extra achievements take up too many words on your screen? Would your computer lag and force you to buy a RAM upgrade?

lol love how a troll reply gets a bunch of agrees :pensive:

Truth is, achievements for having everything *(beyond the ones u get for unlocking each style) isn't needed IMO, HAVING all 9 and styles is an achievement in of itself, Anyone need anything. Your the guy. Easy money.
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because this one of the most unrewarding MMO's in existence where you don't get rewarded accordingly. There should had been an option for people like me who used to research but then stopped.
    Edited by Kalante on July 28, 2016 11:42PM
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    It takes too much time :disappointed: but I will get there!!
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I clicked yes but in reality I have 28 days until I am I just researched my last item this morning.
    Nirn sabatoons, done.
  • CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    We need a title so we can hire crafters out in the world.
    Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons of Light - Warlock, Hufflepuff House - ADXB1 - NA
    I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely would love something for being a master crafter. As long as we are dreaming I'd like a special area only accessible by 9 trait craters that contains crafting benches for all of the set items (only base game if ZoS would be worried about dlc but ideally all craft able sets) and maybe a banker, merchant, and alchemy & enchanting tables.
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they have plans for further depth like a new trait or something before dropping a title.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have another couple of pieces to finish researching, then I'll be 9 for 9 on all. While an achievement would be nice, I'm not sure I would display a 'Master Crafter' title if there was one. Lol It's bad enough now having to deal with some of the demands for armour from strangers - would hate to think what it'd be like if I advertised it! :D
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I write in my review here, crafting at the moment feels somewhat underwhelming.

Many people can craft everything for themselves already, if you want to make a living as a crafter, good luck I say. I have all motifs in the game learned, 7-9 traits on all items, and all crafts maxed, and yet my services are barely sought after. Sure, every once in a while you can make someone happy with a new set of Julianos or Hunding, and that sure feels great, and they'll offer some coin or items in return for services rendered. Most of the time, however, no one really needs you (except newbies who don't know how the crafting system works, you take your time and explain them about traits, motif stones and set items, only to find out that they're level 25 and don't have any materials nor any coin to pay you for anything).
    Or the ones that do only want you to craft them jute and iron items for their own research, and expect you to do it for free "because they get it for free in their guild".

And that is another thing, I have paid literally millions of gold to get all my motifs, I have grinded some of them myself for a long while, I have been patient with my traits and spend an awful long time (and eso+ membership) to get them done, and yet some people don't understand why you want at least some kind of tip for running across half the world map to craft them something, but expect you to do it for free since "it's basically just pressing one button for you".

Crafting is underappreciated, not really needed as a profession, since basically everyone has their own crafter, and the only benefit is selling stuff in the guild stores. Which is most often materials you sell, since everyone wants to craft their own stuff anyway.

At least having a title to flash (for traits learned, for motifs or whatever) would be something to be proud of and feel like an achievement. Not even spending loads of coin and even more time looking for those *** provisioning recipes (still lack 2 blues ..) for your sake of completionism comes with any achievement or anything.

And also, while many of you don't want to associate yourselves with that title, some of us actually do. I couldn't care less about my PvP titles and my trial titles. I have my 'Explorer' title visible, as that is the one I am most proud of, it says I'm a completionist, one who has entered all the places and seen all the sights. I like that. And it's also a title no one else can help me with, you have to do all the effort yourself, unlike many other titles you pretty much just leech off your group or your zerg. I would also like a 'Master Artisan' or 'Master Crafter' title as that, too, is something I am proud of having (almost) done. And anyone collecting recipes, motifs and doing trait research knows that that is much harder to do than having someone carry you through vet dungeons and vet trials for your nodeath achievements or speedruns.

While I write in my review that crafting (and writs) ought to become more advanced, and actually make those of us who like the whole crafting/gathering/hoarding aspect of the game have something better to do with our time, and feel rewarded for our time and effort too, at least having more achievements and maybe a title connected to what we do would feel like a beginning.
    Edited by Carbonised on July 29, 2016 8:39AM
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reward: the ability to craft a super awesome 10th trait. =P just kidding!
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is great. According to this poll 58% of ESO players are 9/9 master crafters.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • LegendaryArcher
    LegendaryArcher
    ✭✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    This is great. According to this poll 58% of ESO players are 9/9 master crafters.

I was already wondering how come 30% of the players here completed vMA (according to a poll) while in game you can barely find anyone who stepped foot in there except in your own guild(s).

Now everything makes much more sense. :D

I'm wondering, if asked for vMoL completion, if it's gonna be 50%+. B)
    Edited by LegendaryArcher on July 29, 2016 11:11AM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates
  • rudimentxb14_ESO
    rudimentxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    i like the Idea of a costume.

• juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crap i voted incorrect...
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do you even get the last trait? Not picked up any gear with it
  • frethopper
    frethopper
    ✭✭✭
    I think there should be a title. It would also be nice to have something indicating you had all the motifs, as there are so many now, its definitely an achievement in itself to have them all.

Great post.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How do you even get the last trait? Not picked up any gear with it

Get the nirncrux. Ask a guildmate to make you the research piece. Originally the items dropped from dungeons/delves/events in craglorn, and it was random, so people farmed a lot to get pieces to research.

Otherwise you look in guild kiosks/stores, and pay a lot of gold for the item.

I have two main crafters. I split the crafts because of inventory issues; one is smith/wood/clothing, the other is provisioner/alchemist/enchanter. The prov/ench/alch is actually maxed in all the professions including smith/wood/clothing, but doesn't have nirnhoned researched. The smith has 9 of 9 traits in everything, and knows the most motifs, but is slowly working on enchanting, provisioning, and alchemy.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On xbox and have heavy, woodworking and medium done.

In about 23 days I'll have my last two bits of light and dagger and 1h axe and I'll be finally done.
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The big question is, what color dye should it unlock?