The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Why no achievement/reward for being 9/9 traits Master Crafter in everything? Are you 9/9?

Kildayen
Kildayen
✭✭✭✭✭
Just a question I've been thinking about lately. Why is there no special achievement, dye, title, or costume reward for knowing all 9 of 9 traits in everything and being a Master Crafter? It is a pretty time consuming thing to accomplish in this game. Being able to create armor sets that require you to be 9/9 is the reason to get there, but I just felt it would be great if there was something to show for the time you put into it. I think a special unique costume and title would be pretty cool. It would also be neat to be able to look at someone and know that they are a Master Crafter with 9 of 9 traits known as it could be another way to help a player find someone to craft something for them. I guess it could add a little more immersion/role-playing to the game (although I am not a role-player).

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I would love your thoughts on this too please.

As for the poll, I was wondering how many of you are 9 for 9 trait crafters in every piece of armor and weapon. Also please comment on if you think there should be some kind of reward for doing so or do you disagree? Please share your thoughts. Thanks for your time!
Edited by Kildayen on July 28, 2016 4:14PM

Why no achievement/reward for being 9/9 traits Master Crafter in everything? Are you 9/9? 183 votes

I have a character that is 100% 9 for 9 traits and able to make every piece of armor or weapon.
55%
GrunimSigilspearSorianawayfarerxvailjohn_ESOIlawyndeKochDerDamonenalenae1b14_ESODiviniusLightspeedflashb14_ESOOsteosAmsel_McKaywenchmore420b14_ESOZOS_CoriJDestruentMadyLark82ValnfreespiritAlienSlof 102 votes
I do NOT have a character that is 9 for 9 traits and able to make every piece of armor or weapon, but I am working on achieving this.
41%
SlayerSyrenaEsquire1980g_ESOOakmontowls_ESOBigBraggCarokuberudimentxb14_ESOBam_BamMaster_FluffkwisatzKorprokLumiAlex_Lexdroids097MasterSpatulaRajajshkaninjaguymankip_silverwolfDromedefeyiiCîanai 76 votes
I do NOT have a character that is 9 for 9 traits, nor do I care to be. Crafting isn't my thing.
2%
elias.stormneb18_ESOQUEZ420phermitgbG-sus_NLLightninvash 5 votes
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do NOT have a character that is 9 for 9 traits and able to make every piece of armor or weapon, but I am working on achieving this.
    I'd like an achievement, maybe one with a title. But it's no skin off my bones if I don't.

100% for woodworking, but that's the easiest. I think I'm at at least 6 traits for everything clothing/blacksmithing. Have a few 9-traits, but most of them are in the 7-8 range. That 27 day research time tho.
  • Kildayen
    Kildayen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like an achievement, maybe one with a title. But it's no skin off my bones if I don't.

100% for woodworking, but that's the easiest. I think I'm at at least 6 traits for everything clothing/blacksmithing. Have a few 9-traits, but most of them are in the 7-8 range. That 27 day research time tho.

I'm with you there. If no achievement ever happens, it won't bug me. It would be nice though if they did add something.
  • Trublz
    Trublz
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I think a simple title of "Master Crafter" would suffice.
    CP531 Air-eez Redguard DK DPS
    CP531 Hayd-eez Imperial DK Tank
    CP531 SomethinFishy Khajit NB DPS
    CP531 Heracl-eez Orc Sorc DPS
    CP531 Anark-eez Dark Elf DK DPS
    CP531 Herm-eez Breton Temp DPS
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a character that is 100% 9 for 9 traits and able to make every piece of armor or weapon.
    Not really concerned about an achievement for this. Plenty of acheivements for crafting as it is.
  • Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really concerned about an achievement for this. Plenty of acheivements for crafting as it is.

Why? Would extra achievements take up too many words on your screen? Would your computer lag and force you to buy a RAM upgrade?
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are so few crafting achievements. Only alchemy has been shelled out, would be nice with some more.
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't care about achievements.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like a title that showed that my character is a master crafter, yes.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valn wrote: »

Why? Would extra achievements take up too many words on your screen? Would your computer lag and force you to buy a RAM upgrade?

Why is it important to you that I could care less about a pointless and worthless acheivement. Rather petty to attempt to degrade someone's post for giving thei honest oppinion in such an inglorious manned just because you may have a different oppinion.
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For my toons I have one 9/9, one 8/9 and several close to 7/9.

It would be nice to have some kind of achievement for maxing your trait training. Probably not a dye, but at least a title. Maybe include a tailor's costume if they're feeling generous. It's over a half year of slog to complete, but it's something you passively work on. I feel with at least a title it will help you advertise yourself as a maxed crafter.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would take any achievement that granted the "Master Crafter" title.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Fignutz821
    Fignutz821
    ✭✭✭
    not really concerned with an achievement for something trivial like research
    CR 561+
    LV 50 Nord Dk tank/stam DPS (stormproof)
    LV 50 High Elf Sorc DPS (flawless)
    LV 50 Argonian Templar Helaer (yes its a lizard, SMH)
    LV 50 Breton NB magicka DPS (stormproof)
    LV 50 Imperial Stamplar (Jabicus)
    LV 50 khajit Stamblade (Panthrro from the thunder cats)
    LV 50 Redguard stamsorc (stormproof/AD spy)
    LV 50 Dark Elf Magic DK (stormproof/ DC spy)

All characters are NA EP xbox1 (I bleed red)
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of my toons are. The ones I bought when they released the additional Slots are still researching.

Why?

Why not?
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This *** takes for frackin ever, there should absolutely be a title and achievement.
  • hingarthuub17_ESO
    hingarthuub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Not 9/9 yet. Still working on it. Last I checked all of my research slots were still counting down 20+ days or so. This has to be the first game I've played where you get progressively worse at a skill (takes more time) the more you level it up.

Obvious time sink is obvious.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master Waiter and a Rubedite Chamber Pot reddish-brown dye.
    signing off
  • SerDinadan
    SerDinadan
    ✭✭
    There was a ZOS post mentioning that nirnhoned/nirncrux would be more available in Update 12, so I may finish researching 9/9 in the weapons that I don't plan to use when that hits.
    Edited by SerDinadan on July 28, 2016 5:39PM
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grandmaster Artsian! or title saying CRAFTER
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If there was a choice between title or dye (if we cannot have both), I'd rather have a new and very awesome dye.

For obvious reasons, I would not want to advertise to all of Tamriel that I am a master of all trades. So, a title would be useless to me.

Edited by Dojohoda on July 28, 2016 5:57PM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am still working on collecting every style but I have everything maxed and traits all unlocked....

Just annoying you don't get much for something that can take months if not 1 year +...
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a somewhat related note, there's also no achievement for hunting down all 534 recipes. :(
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do NOT have a character that is 9 for 9 traits, nor do I care to be. Crafting isn't my thing.
    why bother crafting when I can just join a guild meet some wicked awesome people and have them craft for me at no charge other than the mats. lol
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm 45 days away, and given the investment there should be an achievement for being 50 in all crafting and all traits learned, alchemy reagent traits, provisioning recipes and runes available.

It's hard, it's time consuming, and it's not easy doing it all on one character.

I only have 1 character to play, craft and pvp on and can attest to the investment it takes to do everything.
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have one character that has 9/9 traits on every piece of Armor (Light, Med, Heavy), and all weapons. Took forever to get there, so a little recognition would be nice. I have other toons that have 9/9 traits on a particular line, like medium or staffs, etc. The think I like is being able to craft any set piece that's available in game without bugging someone else to do it for me, but in that regard I don't mind helping out my guildies with crafting requests. Might as well put him to work doing something :)
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a lot of things exactly like this where I think "gee, that should have an achievement!" but I always feel weird wanting a greater reward for something I've already accomplished. XD
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Daishichi
    Daishichi
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping to get an exclusive advantage, like the ability to improve our jewelry to Legendary.

If not that, I'll take an achievement that also rewards XP, like the Slayer achievements for Vet dungeons.

I do NOT want a title: I've already been stalked by some idiot whoI helped out with glyphs, and who then assumed I signed on just to work for him. If I was walking around with "Grandmaster Craftsman" or the like, every entitled newb in Elden Root would be bugging me for Twice Born...for their Level 12 main.

As for where I'm at: 9 on Light, and Medium finishes research in two weeks; Heavy still needs a few months (though Nirnhoned was the first trait I unlocked), and weapons are at a similar place (though it will cost a fortune in time and gold to find each nirnhoned weapon in the guild stores).
    Gamertag: SpideyGuy73
    Xbox One NA
    Grand Master Crafter
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daishichi wrote: »
    I was hoping to get an exclusive advantage, like the ability to improve our jewelry to Legendary.

If not that, I'll take an achievement that also rewards XP, like the Slayer achievements for Vet dungeons.

I do NOT want a title: I've already been stalked by some idiot whoI helped out with glyphs, and who then assumed I signed on just to work for him. If I was walking around with "Grandmaster Craftsman" or the like, every entitled newb in Elden Root would be bugging me for Twice Born...for their Level 12 main.

As for where I'm at: 9 on Light, and Medium finishes research in two weeks; Heavy still needs a few months (though Nirnhoned was the first trait I unlocked), and weapons are at a similar place (though it will cost a fortune in time and gold to find each nirnhoned weapon in the guild stores).

You could always just not display the title, though? Like how rank 20+ people in PVP use the Volunteer title as a joke.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The reward is what you can do with it.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could always just not display the title, though? Like how rank 20+ people in PVP use the Volunteer title as a joke.

There's an addon that lets you alter the string for your Volunteer title, so it says what you want... if the person looking at you has an addon that will read it.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely think there should be achievements for getting 9/9 traits on all items.

I also think there should be achievements for reaching 50 in all crafts on the same character

I also think there should be one for learning every single recipe in the game on the same character.

I haven't achieved any of these, but I'm working on all of them. Even if there's no achievement for the, I'm still going to get them. But I definitely think all of these are worthy of achievements.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle