The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Patch Notes v2.5.3

• Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any glimpses of the new skins? <3
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder if this DLC will fix the Grats on CP160 mail spam.. or is that one scheduled for the next DLC?!
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still wish to have a free namechange after changing races; I think there are lots of players who named their characters in connection their races, so they will be forced now to buy a name-change token also, if they want to change their race, and remain fair in a roleplaying aspect.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_RichLambert, @Wrobel

Will there be a fix in place for the broken Malubeth set as well as the Gap Closer exploits when this DLC goes live? These broken sets and skills are ruining every campaign. Emp's already have a huge advantage due to their buffs they get, when they use these broken sets/skills also they are basically superman and unkillable. This destroys every campaign that it occurs in as everyone just says "Emp's here, no point in trying to take anything" and it's a true statement. Everyone just logs off the game at that point. The longer than these things occur, the more and more people that stop playing in the campaigns.

Please put these as a priority fix as they need to be resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you for your time.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_RichLambert, @Wrobel

Will there be a fix in place for the broken Malubeth set as well as the Gap Closer exploits when this DLC goes live? These broken sets and skills are ruining every campaign. Emp's already have a huge advantage due to their buffs they get, when they use these broken sets/skills also they are basically superman and unkillable. This destroys every campaign that it occurs in as everyone just says "Emp's here, no point in trying to take anything" and it's a true statement. Everyone just logs off the game at that point. The longer than these things occur, the more and more people that stop playing in the campaigns.

Please put these as a priority fix as they need to be resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you for your time.

This guy ^^^. Please listen to him, it's bad out there.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Orchish wrote: »
    "Shadow Cloak: Fixed an issue where the invisibility from this ability and its morphs was being broken by certain abilities including Volatile Armor"

This was an issue? I thought this was a legit counter it's been this way for months. It has a tiny radius and a good little counter for NB that just spam cloak right next to you.

The DoT was breaking cloak. Using the ability will break a nb from cloak once but with the bug it prevented you from cloaking the whole duration of the DoT.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on July 19, 2016 10:10PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exploration & Itemization
    General
    Nirnroot can now be found in Cyrodiil!

Did you mean Nirncrux? I thought I found some Nirnroot in Cyrodiil before.

@ZOS_GinaBruno yes could you clarify please? Because Nirnroot in Cyrodiil seems like an odd thing to get excited about...

#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still wish to have a free namechange after changing races; I think there are lots of players who named their characters in connection their races, so they will be forced now to buy a name-change token also, if they want to change their race, and remain fair in a roleplaying aspect.

Well to be fair... ZOS isn't 'forcing' anyone to change their race... this is an individual choice... so if you're prepared to make the choice to change your race then you should also be prepared to accept that the choice would also involve changing your name if it doesn't mix with the new race that you have chosen.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coat of the Red Mountain: This item set’s 3-piece bonus now grants Max Stamina instead of Spell Damage.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

So it is neat that there is recognition that some of these item sets seem out of whack. It is equally encouraging that steps are being taken to try and balance them out. It seems though that there is some great disconnect somewhere.

Let us compare the Coat of the Red Mountain set to a very similar Viper's Sting set:

Two set bonus':
    CRM: 129 Weapon damage
    VS: 688 Weapon Critical

Three set bonus':
    CRM: 967 Max Stamina
    VS: 967 Max Stamina

Four set bonus':
    CRM: 688 Weapon Critical
    VS: 688 Weapon Critical

At this point there are the same basic fundamental trade offs characteristic of all different sets, the value's are roughly equal within the ranges predicated by similar sets of equal level/CP scaling.

Five set bonus':

CRM: Weapon attacks have a 10% chance to cause 8000 flame damage

VS: Melee attacks deal 8311 poison damage. This effect can occur every 4 seconds.

The imbalance is huge and blatant, even given that someone could achieve 10 weapon attacks within 4 seconds to be able to almost guarantee a proc from CRM, the damage dealt is Flame which will not scale with any stamina CP. Even then though it is only a chance, where as the viper's sting set not only is poison and thus scales with stamina CP allotment but also is guaranteed to proc from melee attacks every 4 seconds.

What is left is that CRM is only an option for ranged builds who cannot benefit from VS because of the melee requirement. Even then CRM is an incredibly poor option as the proc chance is so low as to offer very little benefit over other 5 set options.

Do Poison Injection and Scorched Earth proc it? If so, then while it may not scale well with CP, I can see it being possible to get 2 procs per 4 seconds. This would be an option worth considering for some builds. I do agree that since it is flame damage it doesn't scale well with CP, but it does scale nicely with a Dunmer. Might need some slight tweaking, but it is not a bad set right now as is.

It should also be noted: VS tooltip is 6400 without CP into physical/poison dmg RM is 8000 without cp into elemental expert.

However VS is simply too good for what it does compared to either winterborn or galerions revenge (especially the latter). Either both of those sets need buffs or VS needs a hefty nerf.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH
    • Fixed an issue where the visual effects of certain Area of Effect attacks (ex: Negate Magic, Volley) would be placed on the caster instead of the area where they were cast.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Does this mean that negates will no longer bug out and follow the caster around? If so, that is an excellent fix! Keep up the good work.

The other thing I'm really looking for right now is the Purge prioritizing group members properly. This fix is important in the current meta in pvp with the strong heal debuffs & siege.
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on July 21, 2016 9:31AM
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Flak
    Flak
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are there any plans to scale up the old 3pc Sets from AA and HRC? Would really like to try Two-Fanged-Snake in v16.

GM of the progressive raiding Guild Ghosts and Goblins | Recruitment: Open

Roster

Flák - 50 Magicka DK DD
    Toxic Flák - 50 Stamina DK DD
    Flakká - 50 Magicka NB DD
    Sonic Flák - 50 Stam-Sorc DD
    Flákjack - 50 Stamplar DD
    Flák the Ripper - 50 StamNB DD
    Flakster - 50 Magicka Sorc DD
    Overwhelming Flak - 50 Magicka Templar Healer/DD
    Full Metal Flák - 50 Stamina DK Tank
    All Pact

YouTube
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    People wondering about why X or Y hasn't been fixed yet only need to take note of the following sentence to get any kind of indication in regards to when X or Y will be fixed:

Note: Other cases of Shadow Cloak’s invisibility being broken are still being investigated.

Broken since 2014-04.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flak wrote: »
    Are there any plans to scale up the old 3pc Sets from AA and HRC? Would really like to try Two-Fanged-Snake in v16.

I am so hoping for this!
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's sounding like only ambush will pull nightblades out of cloak now. But that's the most annoying one lol. I hope they can get cloak fix
    Edited by thankyourat on July 25, 2016 8:03AM
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I am so hoping for this!

They should also upgrade the 3 vCoA sets. maybe revamp their 5 pc-Bonus (especially burning spellweaver is extremely bad). But i hope, they do this with One Tamriel :)
    Noobplar
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

I am so hoping for this!

They should also upgrade the 3 vCoA sets. maybe revamp their 5 pc-Bonus (especially burning spellweaver is extremely bad). But i hope, they do this with One Tamriel :)

Agreed, Burning spellweaver could than be combined with Silks of the Sun maybe? :)

Twice-Fanged would be a great alternative to Agility in my opinion.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

I am so hoping for this!

Agreed, Burning spellweaver could than be combined with Silks of the Sun maybe? :)

Twice-Fanged would be a great alternative to Agility in my opinion.

Yep, just balance them so that you would use burning spellweave on DKs in pve and sun in pvp. Or combine both of them for pvp. But it should be a little bit better than TBS on a DK. That set is so hard to farm in perfect traits...it's a shame it is that bad compared to a craftable set :disappointed:
    Noobplar
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vythri wrote: »
    This is pretty clearly not a class balance update. If there's anything it'll probably be in Q4.

No, but it was supposed to be a racial balance update. Why do they even bother making feedback threads?

Mainly so that they can collect feedback from players. That does not imply that they are going to agree with, or follow, that feedback. They can make their own decisions, and sometimes players will disagree.

I know they make decisions that I disagree with, sometimes strongly. That is out of my hands. My decision is whether I want to stick around to see what other decisions I am not going to like. I certainly have no control over their decisions, no matter how aggressive I am.

So true, they will take this game to what ever corner they pleases be it dark or light. The only thing we can do is decide for our selves if we stay or leave. Their game, their rules and regulations. Your money, your time and commitment. They do what they want, just as you can do what you want. That'll all it boils down to these days.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FIX MALUBETH