The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Radiant Destruction

• hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »
    I'd like to see radiant do damage to its caster when used on a target with 90% health or higher. I'm dead serious. Read your *** tooltip, Templars.

People dislike the skill, we get it, but can we at least be realistic please? We also don't need a 20th thread debating the skill, this one was pretty narrowly focused on the LoS being bugged.

Ok, forum police.

Vigor should do damage if it ticks while you're dodge-rolling. There. Another annoying mechanic that tons of people hate, and the idea is as ridiculous as making RD do damage.
    Darnathian wrote: »
    I'd like to see radiant do damage to its caster when used on a target with 90% health or higher. I'm dead serious. Read your *** tooltip, Templars.

You have a better idea against dodge roller/ shuffle players? some damage is better than none.

I guess neither of you know that I've been playing magicka Templar pretty much exclusively for the past three weeks, so that wasn't a "nerf Templar" comment. I run a healer spec with only 3 dps abilities. Puncturing sweep is just fine against roll dodgers for me. The Jesus beam *** gets annoying to everyone, I know it's not just me. I haven't experienced the bug op is talking about since my beam always breaks when a player breaks LoS, but I do acknowledge that something like that should be fixed ASAP.
    Zheg, I'm pretty sure you made that comment specifically to get to me since you know I play stamplar, but to be honest, I would totally be fine with that change. I'll use my breath of life to heal my team while they roll dodge. Losing a 2k tic of health is kind of irrelevant. Also, get off your high horse and stop acting like you've never made a troll comment on the forums.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    Needs buffing. A tree wouldn't stop Jesus.

Something made of trees certainly did.

giphy.gif
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

People dislike the skill, we get it, but can we at least be realistic please? We also don't need a 20th thread debating the skill, this one was pretty narrowly focused on the LoS being bugged.

Ok, forum police.

Vigor should do damage if it ticks while you're dodge-rolling. There. Another annoying mechanic that tons of people hate, and the idea is as ridiculous as making RD do damage.

You have a better idea against dodge roller/ shuffle players? some damage is better than none.

I guess neither of you know that I've been playing magicka Templar pretty much exclusively for the past three weeks, so that wasn't a "nerf Templar" comment. I run a healer spec with only 3 dps abilities. Puncturing sweep is just fine against roll dodgers for me. The Jesus beam *** gets annoying to everyone, I know it's not just me. I haven't experienced the bug op is talking about since my beam always breaks when a player breaks LoS, but I do acknowledge that something like that should be fixed ASAP.
    Zheg, I'm pretty sure you made that comment specifically to get to me since you know I play stamplar, but to be honest, I would totally be fine with that change. I'll use my breath of life to heal my team while they roll dodge. Losing a 2k tic of health is kind of irrelevant. Also, get off your high horse and stop acting like you've never made a troll comment on the forums.

Oh, I've made tons of troll comments, but the sad thing is I think you actually would be happy with a ludicrous change like the one you suggested, so I'm not sure that's really a troll. It's indicative of how absurd the jesus beam hate has become, and the vigor example was meant to demonstrate something equally absurd to hopefully get people (particular the stam builds that make up most of the complainers) back to a rock-paper-scissor reality.
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scale RD dmg up as beam holds, take away initial insta hit and slightly lower first tick.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    Scale RD dmg up as beam holds, take away initial insta hit and slightly lower first tick.

This would solve a lot of the problems with it, for sure.

Something like first tick doesn't scale with health, 2nd tick half the scaling, 3rd tick onward full current damage.

• Esgameplaya1
    Esgameplaya1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do think that that particular problem needs to be fixed.

It really doesn't happen for me very often, but it happens to me D:

omg don't fix this; what skill would you use then

m9eJk8V.png

• Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

m9eJk8V.png

I know the point was RD... but who else is more surprised that a templar is running ritual of retribution?
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭

m9eJk8V.png

Why are they using the unmorph version of Raident oppression?
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Van_0S wrote: »

m9eJk8V.png

Why are they using the unmorph version of Raident oppression?

Because the poster doctored the damage recap as opposed to posting an authenticate one.
    Edited by Joy_Division on July 1, 2016 8:46PM
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, forum police.

Oh, I've made tons of troll comments, but the sad thing is I think you actually would be happy with a ludicrous change like the one you suggested, so I'm not sure that's really a troll. It's indicative of how absurd the jesus beam hate has become, and the vigor example was meant to demonstrate something equally absurd to hopefully get people (particular the stam builds that make up most of the complainers) back to a rock-paper-scissor reality.

I hit the wrong person all the time because of lag, that change would wreck me. Lighten up.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

m9eJk8V.png

I know the point was RD... but who else is more surprised that a templar is running ritual of retribution?

I run it with my Skoria set up, every dot helps my awful rng!
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

m9eJk8V.png

Ew. Besides of which, don't encourage wrobel to further wrobelize templars please.

I'm also curious as to @Van_0S 's question. Is there yet another stupid bug with an unmorphed skill like stam sorcs' implosion? FFS.
    Edited by Zheg on July 1, 2016 8:56PM
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

m9eJk8V.png

m9eJk8V.png

Ew. Besides of which, don't encourage wrobel to further wrobelize templars please.

Our house can be a house of thorns (or pricks in my case) too.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

m9eJk8V.png

DAMN! Ernie's final tick was larger than mine!
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After a few more hours of PvP this evening I am officially salty. Nerf it 'til it's dead.

In all seriousness I stand by making it LoS-able
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

m9eJk8V.png

That's what she said?
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

m9eJk8V.png

That's what she said?

would it be what she said? idk
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

m9eJk8V.png

That's what she said?

That's why I asked! There's no grills on the internet.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

m9eJk8V.png

That's what she said?

ofc not. no grills at all.

I think the real question here tho is why did that guy doctor that damage recap O:
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

m9eJk8V.png

That's what she said?

I think the real question here tho is why did that guy doctor that damage recap O:

I'm upset I haven't got a 4k RD on there too. Damn you THOT.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

m9eJk8V.png

That's what she said?

I'm upset I haven't got a 4k RD on there too. Damn you THOT.

THOT stole the glory with his Ritual of Retribution. Curse the THOT.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It didn't stick.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

m9eJk8V.png

That photoshop tho
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »

@Fengrush, This is the most reasonable 'nerf RD' suggestion I've ever seen. I'd like to add I do play Templar, but I've been strictly Stamplar/Tankplar for 99% of my playthrough as a Temp. RD has never been something I took joy in, but I can understand why Magplars wanted/needed something like it. Templar was in a bad way for a long time, and anyone who didn't see that was selling something or happy with the class being relegated to Healer-only. I am by the way one of those people who wanted to keep his Blinding Flashes, so I just want to repeat that, so it is clear where my defense of Radiant comes from. In many ways I STILL want my Blinding Flashes. Just like I wish DK's still had a proper Flame Cloak - an iconic elderscrolls spell I might add.

I do think RD should hit like a ton of bricks though when executing, regardless. If someone is at 10-20% health when hit by this skill, it should hurt like a mofo, first tick or not.
    Edited by dodgehopper_ESO on July 1, 2016 9:23PM
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It didn't stick.

Well most people expect to be rezzed anyways.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I dont understand the fuss. When i go out soloing with my 6 pocket healers I have almost zero problems with RD.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be happy if RD's range was decreased to the point that its shortcoming is always relevant and therefore players must think more carefully about using it. I think its shortcoming--that it is a channeled ability--is rendered useless by its range most of the time.

The biggest issue I have with it is at a gameplay level. There are players I observe who seem to spend their entire play sessions following a zerg around and long-range executing from relative safety. I think it's way to easy to profit from it. The 5+ beams that immediately attach to a player who approaches a large group of opponents is evidence that this is widespread.
  • Lyar09
    Lyar09
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like turtles
    PC/NA | twitch.tv/ohhlyar | youtube.com/lyaryt
  • Esgameplaya1
    Esgameplaya1
    ✭✭✭✭

Because the poster doctored the damage recap as opposed to posting an authenticate one..

Why would you think I doctored it? I did no such thing!!.

Easy mode Templars FTW!!

Edited by Esgameplaya1 on July 2, 2016 6:10AM
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah because dawn breaker and reverse slice aren't overpowered at all