Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Radiant Destruction

Molag_Crow
Molag_Crow
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
In PvP, don't you think it's silly how Radiant Destruction continues casting while the target is behind a wall? .... This is coming from somebody who mains a Templar, by the way.
--ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
YoutTube ESO Playlist
The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
Be your true, authentic self.

• Hempyre
    Hempyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's no different than the 3-5 bow attacks that are "in the air" when im out of range.

Also being a channeled/over time attack RD should only have to be in range for the initial range check.

I see it as working as intended.
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    inb4 forumplars
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • Talyena
    Talyena
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never had it hit anyone who breaks line of sight. It is regularly broken by trees, rocks, and walls. The beam will keep going, but only until the next damage tick then it breaks. In laggy situations the beam sometimes keeps going but no damage is being done. Heck, sometimes the beam doesn't even stop after the target is dead, but that doesn't mean it is still doing damage. I do regularly hit people out of line of sight with dark flare though since once it is cast it will follow people behind walls like any other spell or ability with travel time.
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Talyena wrote: »
    I've never had it hit anyone who breaks line of sight. It is regularly broken by trees, rocks, and walls. The beam will keep going, but only until the next damage tick then it breaks. In laggy situations the beam sometimes keeps going but no damage is being done. Heck, sometimes the beam doesn't even stop after the target is dead, but that doesn't mean it is still doing damage. I do regularly hit people out of line of sight with dark flare though since once it is cast it will follow people behind walls like any other spell or ability with travel time.

99% percent of the problems in PvP can be attributed to lag.

That's why when that list of like 90 bugs was posted after TG's launch, the dev team couldn't reproduce over half of them.
    Edited by Sallington on June 30, 2016 7:46PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »
    Talyena wrote: »

99% percent of the problems in PvP can be attributed to lag.

That's why when that list of like 90 bugs was posted after TG's launch, the dev team couldn't reproduce over half of them.

True, yes.. it was really laggy as well so that confirms it even more :p Kinda put things into perspective being on the receiving end of RD while behind a wall.
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke

• DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do think that that particular problem needs to be fixed.

It really doesn't happen for me very often, but it happens to me D:
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭
    Molag_Crow wrote: »
    In PvP, don't you think it's silly how Radiant Destruction continues casting while the target is behind a wall? .... This is coming from somebody who mains a Templar, by the way.

yes but so is any attack , ones cast it sticks like glue resto stof crystal frag ,
    caltrops go tru doors , wall of elements . foces run .
    but yeaah it strange but zos don,t care aslong you buy new hats from crowstore there focus is on cash only
    because its possible
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »
    inb4 forumplars

You play your stamplar more than anything and spend a lot of time on the forums. Confirmed, jules is a forumplar.

Ive yet to see a templar disagree with needing a fix for the beam remaining even when broken with LoS. Even some skinny trees that seem like they should break it, don't. My beam even holds on dead bodies, its dumb.
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    40m range
    Execute that starts at 50%
    Undodgeable (lol)
    Scales extra dmg with remaining mana

Ppl still argue this isn't too good?
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind radiant destruction. Only thing is my killers blade doesn't have that range or the homing missile aspect either.......
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on June 30, 2016 10:37PM
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »
    40m range
    Execute that starts at 50%
    Undodgeable (lol)
    Scales extra dmg with remaining mana

Ppl still argue this isn't too good?

This isn't a nerf RD thread, it's a please fix a bug with RD thread. -__-
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Needs buffing. A tree wouldn't stop Jesus.
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I should be able to reflect it but I cant.. It's indeed a projectile beam traversing tamerilic air to reach my flappin flaps yet it doesn't reflect???

Fix it asap!
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If my beam can go through a wall. Then let me heal through walls.
    PC NA - EPHS
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NovaShadow wrote: »

When a keep or outpost gate is damaged and broken where I can see through it, why can't I stick my sword through and place it into the sorry son of a [snip] standing behind it? Why can't I shoot arrows through?

https://youtu.be/kyevhryWKHk
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on July 1, 2016 1:37AM
  • Lyar09
    Lyar09
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    look another RD thread :|
    PC/NA | twitch.tv/ohhlyar | youtube.com/lyaryt
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NovaShadow wrote: »

When a keep or outpost gate is damaged and broken where I can see through it, why can't I stick my sword through and place it into the sorry son of a [snip] standing behind it? Why can't I shoot arrows through?

https://youtu.be/kyevhryWKHk

You do realise I'm referring to the fact you could heal through walls until they nurfed that too.
    PC NA - EPHS
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nerf RD!
    Buff Stam NB!
    Add more Stam sets!
    Nerf magic builds they can still kill things!
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf RD!
    Buff Stam NB!
    Add more Stam sets!
    Nerf magic builds they can still kill things!

Unban ce players!

:trollface:
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I have no real problem with the power of RD (well...)
    But the big issue is that you can't LoS it. Oh, you're shooting a beam at me, that's okay, I'll go behind this wall... oh, wait.

As mentioned above, I find it really strange that healing now obeys collision rules, yet RD doesn't.
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well obviously this has never happened FOR me when I'm playing with my templar, but it certainly has happened TO me :lol:
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well obviously this has never happened FOR me when I'm playing with my templar, but it certainly has happened TO me :lol:

I was on my newly maxed-out Nightblade, you see.. and I spent a good few hours in Cyrodiil (24k HP FYI) and most of my deaths were Radiant Destruction, I thought nothing of it apart from whenever I'd enter Werewolf form, they'd just spam it on my non-stop until I couldn't outheal it, but other than that, there were moments where I'd LoS the beam as soon as it channels and I'll be completely behind a wall in safety yet the beam will still be ticking away and it made me think, seeing it from the perspective of another class rather than always seeing it from my Templar's perspective, I guess.
    YoutTube ESO Playlist

• hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see radiant do damage to its caster when used on a target with 90% health or higher. I'm dead serious. Read your *** tooltip, Templars.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see radiant do damage to its caster when used on a target with 90% health or higher. I'm dead serious. Read your *** tooltip, Templars.

People dislike the skill, we get it, but can we at least be realistic please? We also don't need a 20th thread debating the skill, this one was pretty narrowly focused on the LoS being bugged.
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »

People dislike the skill, we get it, but can we at least be realistic please? We also don't need a 20th thread debating the skill, this one was pretty narrowly focused on the LoS being bugged.

Ok, forum police.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »

Ok, forum police.

Vigor should do damage if it ticks while you're dodge-rolling. There. Another annoying mechanic that tons of people hate, and the idea is as ridiculous as making RD do damage.
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have a better idea against dodge roller/ shuffle players? some damage is better than none.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    Needs buffing. A tree wouldn't stop Jesus.

Something made of trees certainly did.

• Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Darnathian wrote: »

You have a better idea against dodge roller/ shuffle players? some damage is better than none.

TBH, any RNG element of defense should be removed (e.g. evasion). Replace it with damage reduction or something.