The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

(93% Support) Should Training and Prosperous be taken out of loot tables for end-game content?

• SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Take them out of all.
    *** RNG ZOS
  • Hylda69
    Hylda69
    ✭✭
    Other. (Explain)
    Impenetrable = Only on craft and PvP stuff.
    Training = Only on craft and lvl 1-49 loot.

For the other, they should stay like it is but whith a serious change.
    Only divine, infused, sturdy & reinforced is used for pve.
    Tetousek Tapadpek - DK tank argonien.
    Eizhen - Templar DD magie / heal.
    Vespide - NB DD magie.
    Malicanth - NB DD stam.
    Lycanth - DK DD stam.
    Lirune - DK DD magie.
    Mule Frites - Soso DD magie.
    Slick Devlant - Soso DD stam.
    Lofhlyn - Warden DD magie.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but think of all the money you would make if u ran around in full gold prosperous!
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I probab;y wouldn't mind but they seem to be the dominant trait on anything I pick up these days. I think they should make it knly obtainable in like white/blue quality gear. Things are getting prettt frustrating with this % of a % of a % style rng here lately. @zos, this isn;t cool, even before it sucked.Now it's just self defeating to even try.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Change the trait system to include a minor trait and a major trait.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't seem like I get 1/7 of each trait. It seems like a very large number of Training and Prosperous items drop in proportion to everything else. I shouldn't be dancing with joy to get Well-Fitted on Light Armor because it's not freaking Prosperous again!

I would prefer to have the six most useful traits, including Impenetrable. Sometimes I want to do PvP.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but think of all the money you would make if u ran around in full gold prosperous!
    You would actually make more gold running full gold impen since you wouldn't have to pay for repair cost so you lose money running full prosperous.
  • Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Leave them in all.
    Turelus wrote: »
    @MrTarkanian48 simply for the fact I feel the game is better with all options available to everyone.

There maybe players out there with farming character for either XP or Gold which also wish to have a faster/stronger build and might use these sets to achieve that. Seeing as they would sacrifice their normal strong traits for the farming ones there would be a desire for a stronger set bonus.

As I said though this would be on the grounds that traits being in the loot table is balanced against higher drops of the items giving payers more rolls on the RNG table of doom.

@Turelus There is the problem with this logic since prosperous is actually inferior to the new impenetrable in terms of gold farming unless you are throwing the gear away without repairing it
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/273766/why-prosperous-is-preposterous

Bias testing is bias; the player only used a single example of (entirely theoretical, mind you) earning 100 gold from a handful of mobs and the repair bill associated with that. Now, I don't know about you, but if I kill a handful of bandits in a silver/gold zone they tend to drop like 80 gold from one group and a few minutes of killing so I don't know what the player actually fought (19 mins fighting mammoths?) to only get 100 gold out of 20 mins.

And then, in their own testing, they show theoretical Prosperous earns MORE gold than the "savings" of full Impen, even if it's a 1 gold difference at that low number of testing. As far as I know, you can also keep grinding long after your armor has been destroyed anyway.

The point is, their entire argument hinges on a partly 100 gold earned example. Maybe they should go kill, you know, 1000 bandits in a delve/public dungeon wearing full Prosperous and THEN make a decision if it's good or bad? 100 gold after a supposed 20 mins is kind of unbelievable to me, unless they literally fought 3-5 mobs that could drop gold and several hundred skeevers the rest of the time. It's just a bias anti-Prosperous argument with a lot of theory and little, if any, evidence either way.

But yeah, I say keep them in. Almost all the traits are "bad traits" on one particular character, so the actual difference is just perceived. I feel like some people won't be happy until there's only Divines and Impen, 50% chance of each on every item in the game.

Edited by Transairion on July 7, 2016 3:55PM
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we're at it can we remove these as well?
    Restoration and destruction staves for every stamina focused set (alkosh,viper, vicious ophidian...)
    Charged from VMA and DSA resto staves (what status effect are you applying with these?)
    Edited by lonewolf26 on July 7, 2016 4:06PM
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Leave them in all.

BUT

Give every account the possibility to choose 3 traits that will never be on his loot.

Edited by hrothbern on July 8, 2016 12:22PM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • mertusta
    mertusta
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, I want to farm gold with my Prosperous Molag Kena. Leave as it is.
    /sarcasm
  • Decado
    Decado
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zos said they upped drop rate but diluted the table with this crap, now it seems 90% of the stuff in getting from sanctum is one of those 2 traits, if I'm getting gear from end game content it should be aimed at being used in end game (and yes I include pvp in that)
  • cote-bmsb16_ESO
    cote-bmsb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Grinded WGT and Prison to collect the keys, only to open chests of disappointment.. Time and time again, I get training gear. Its pretty annoying, should've just deleted the stacks of keys. lol
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drop all traits, maybe reserve nirnhoned for super special items, and make the drop chance even for each.
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this shouldn't even need to be asked
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any trait that has no combat use should be moved to a secondary trait slot. That way, drop loot can have divines, infused, sturdy, reinforced, nirnhoned, well fitted and impenetrable in the primary trait slot. Maybe 10% of the time, an item will have training or prosperous on it in addition to an actual combat useful trait. I would welcome the chance to get a divines item with training as a kicker trait on it. It's no worse in combat if you don't have it, but it's like icing on the cake if you get extremely lucky. Adjust the crafting system accordingly so you can do crafted gear with training or prosperous as a secondary trait, maybe with an increased craft cost.
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necro. With the increase in available shoulder drops this seems more important than ever in One Tamriel. Please remove these traits from end game loot tables.
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

93% of people responding to this requested Prosperous and Training to be removed from Undaunted chests.

This is why. @Deltia 12 minute video

250 keys later and 3 BiS gear drops with an overwhelming amount of Prosperous and Training

Please, at least take Prosperous out.

Another test from @code65536 that illustrates that Prosperous is not even BiS for what its only purpose is: Grinding Gold.

Can you please look at this, and acknowledge the reasoning behind leaving these traits in the loot table, or at least explain why Prosperous is in the game at all.

You ask for feedback. This poll started in the SoTH PTS. Why is it ignored?
    Edited by MrTarkanian48 on October 7, 2016 9:01PM
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS stated on the forums here that they were removing prosperous and training traits from end game loot, and yet here we are again.

The absolute worst? The Training set that drops in Auridon, and of course it ONLY drops in Training! A complete waste of a CP160 gear set. Who in the world thought this was an acceptable set to drop above L50 at the absolute maximum?
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pomaikai wrote: »
    The absolute worst? The Training set that drops in Auridon, and of course it ONLY drops in Training! A complete waste of a CP160 gear set. Who in the world thought this was an acceptable set to drop above L50 at the absolute maximum?
    Oh my goodness, the Trainee set drops for non-newbies?! That's an oversight.
    Edited by baratron on October 7, 2016 10:44PM
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every piece of gear should have a trait.

These two traits dropping on endgame gear essentially translates to traitless gear.

No one wants traitless gear.

• Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I gotta say I'm gonna grind up my character and then get full training TBS and VO/IA. Who needs divines when you can get your CP (after cap) faster?! Who would say no to more gold?!
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other. (Explain)
    I think they should be taken out of all loot tables and should only be crafting only traits, if you wanna run around and earn boat loads of gold or xp, you can craft or have someone craft a 5 piece set for you, done, simple.
    Edited by Valykc on October 10, 2016 11:41AM
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    As per your other poll no.

I think all areas (PvP Vendor and PvE drops/chests) should have a chance at selling/dropping all traits so everyone has access to every type.

With the update that Gold Chests have a guaranteed drop of a shoulder part and the ability to trade within dungeons players just got a wider chance of the items they want which means expanding the drop types is less damaging.

I would say the NPC in Cyrodiil could do with offering two or three sets a week if it moved to selling all traits however.

We aren't talking about Monster haelms and shoulders only here. This goes for the dungeon SETS.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had two Undaunted Keys on a character, so I sauntered over to the Chests and used them. I got the exact same shoulder for both Keys, one was Prosperous, one was Divines. At least I got something I can use. Although, not sure if I can even use the Shoulder with my builds.

I got another end game drop and it had Training on it. That trait should only drop with trash Mob Loot. Prosperous just needs to be rethought, Exploration was not all that useful a trait, even on characters just starting out. But, Prosperous was not the trait to replace it with.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Eleusian
    Eleusian
    ✭✭✭
    U know they would use something else to Dilute the loot pool. This is the current dilution , another equally as bad would replace
    Edited by Eleusian on October 10, 2016 7:39PM
    PS4 NA
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without question.
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those traits should not drop if the gear is scaled to 160cp or more, it makes very little sense for it to drop, doesnt have to have anything with how effective or not it is in combat, it just makes no sense when you look at it logically. Take them out.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other. (Explain)
    I feel the same way; if gear only dropped in desireable traits then content would become obsolete more quickly. But the useless drops do appear to be more common than the desirable traits right now. So I think drop rates need adjusting.
    PC | EU
  • eagles9595b16_ESO
    eagles9595b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I voted to remove them as I think ZOE cheated on the "random" aspect of the loot table.

It's just about math, nothing more.
    There is no way that the prosperous or traning trait drop rate is so high !!!!
    7 trait should not result with less than 5% of chance to find a divine trait and so many prosperous and training on end game gear.

My opinion is that the loot table is not "equally random" between all trait... it's just like if ZOS put more chance on useless trait
    compare to others.

Don't forget that if you want ZOS to remove those 2 traits, it has to be done on boss reward and chest as well.
    No point to apply that only on chest :)

So I think ZOS have 2 options :smile:
    - remove both properous and training traits from the end game loot reward (boss loot and chest)
    - be honest with customers and fairly apply a TRUE random drop rate on all traits ! without any cheat math drop rate

have fun