The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Theorycrafting a DoT Argonian stamblade

Xvorg
Xvorg
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Thinking out of the box, I'm turning my old argonian mageblade into a DoT Stamblade. I'm still levelling DW and bow, and WW. Up to now in PvE is doing it OK, sometimes better than my flame staff dunmer mageblade (who has a huge burst). Nevertheless I want to try it in PvP (hope it works), so I'm going to need some feedback. The idea is to improve what I have. Up to now I'll do a summary of it.

I go with 2 sharp axes (night silence for the moment) with absorb health glyph. 7 heavy, 6 impen and 1 divine. Mundus the shadow (could be the thief or the warrior, but the shadow seems ok)

5 pieces hunding's + 5 pieces warrior's fury (the reason why 7 heavy). Though I'm considering 5 pieces pariah.

And just another regular bow till I get MSA bow. Disease glyph for the moment and infused trait (2.3K extra dmg on hit)

DW bar

Siph strikes (regain stam/extra healing through siph passives)
double take (movement buff/major evasion)
rearming trap (Inmov/DoT/wpn buff)
bloodthirst (DoT/"heal")
Ambush (Gap closer)
U FDB (burst/DoT/wpn buff)

Bow Bar

expert hunter (whatever morph) (wpn crit)
sanguine altar ("heal")
arrow barrage (AoE DoT)
relentless focus (dmg buff/burst/stam regen)
poison injection (burst/dot)
U WWB (stam regen/WW transformation)

The idea? Ambush, + trap beast + medium attack if possible + bloodthirst. Since trap takes a while to be armed, you can get the empower buff in the medium attack. Once the trap is armed, you can bloodthirst safely. 2 DoT at the same time + a possible bleed can take down any mob easily. The minor force buff combined to flurry is a great combo, and since I'm an argonian the benefits from the extra healing are OK (and the heavy armor not only provides mitigation, but extra healing and extra dmg on hit which can be increased even more with the fury's set). Apart from that, any DW attack while the enemy is inmov, gets a 15% extra dmg, not to mention th DW execute.

On top of that, FDB buffed with thaum and mighty hits like a truck and increases you wpn dmg even more, since the increase is applied in %, each hit you get through the wrath passive, that extra dmg is not just 20 extra wpn dmg but 20 + 11%. If you get the 10 hits within 6 secs, the increase is 200 + 22 = 222 extra wpn dmg. And the fury's set increases those number way beyond that if you get a crit.

The bow bar works different but similar(xD). Since I have the relentless focus stam regen, there's no need to run siph strikes. Apart from that the only stam consuming skills are arrow barrage and poison inject and both are DoTs. It is not wise to spam them. Instead, I have light attacks and assasin's scourge. Since LA seemed a natural option, the WW transformation went directly to this bar.

Sanguine altar was a bet in the bar. I didn't have anything to regain health and I didn't wanted a mitigation skill or a disabler. During some time I tried lightweight trap beast, and, despite being a good combo with poison inject, it prove to be unreliant because of how much time it took to be armed. Since rearming trap did it so good in the DW bar, I decided to move it back. The thing is that sangine altar + volley prove to be a great way to regain health, even better with light attacks.

WW transformation is a key factor in the build. It is fun and it is lethal (at least in PvE). I went for the berserker morph because of the 40% extra bleed. Since this build is done to favor DoT, it seemed a natural option. I have levelled all the passives now. Saddly, the active skills are not ready yet, but I imagine you can have an idea of how I'm planning to go:

1- Feral Pounce (the moar I stay in WW form, the better)
2- Hircine's 42 (A HoT... Since this is my first WW IDK if Argonian and heavy armor passives increase the healing... I hope so)
3- Rousing roar (Major brut... in a WW is quite noticeable... I hope it stacks with heavy armor passives and Fury's set)
4- Howl of agony (I think this is the morph to go)
5- Claws of life (Moar healing)

CPs have been another trial and error process (except the red const which is almost standard) At the moment I have 491 CPs but I'm planning distribute the 501 this way:

Red:
Lady: 50 Hardy + 50 elemental defender + 20 Thick skinned
Steed: 30 resistant (I need to mitigate crits as much as possible to make fury's set work)
Lord: 17 quick recovery

Green:
Tower: 100 Warlord (FGs skills are expensive) + 20 magician (Siph strikes, DT, sanguine altar, relentless focus and hircine's 42 are quite expensive. Any cost decrease is necessary)
Lover: 30 Mooncalf + 17 tenacity (In case I need to get stam back, it seems OK)

Blue (this was a pain in the *)
Ritual: 75 mighty + 60 thaum + 1 precise strikes + 1 piercing (it was the best set up I tried. It reaches nearly 40% extra dmg on dots, and the 21% extra dmg on stam attacks is not that bad)
Atronach: 30 bow expert (for the light attacks and riposte)

It was a hard decision not to give moar points to precise strikes. It can be an option if i'd go with daggers or precise trait, but the axes bleed is to good to be ignored. Besides that, in the DW bar I have 12% extra crit dmg through trap beast and near to 13% moar through the shadow const. In the case of the bow bar, though assa scourge and ligh attacks can benefit from extra crit, by no mean they are the dmg dealers

This is what I have now. When I started the build I have a lot of questions in mind that have being answered during the process. I still have some questions (some of them I haven't even asked myself xD) and that's why I came here. As I mentioned above, this set up is planned for PvP though IDK if it's going to work. In the daily pledges in Wrothgar does everything OK, without need of a healer but I know that PvE and PvP are 2 different universes (especially with the battle spirit buffs/debuffs). Nevertheless, I've always wanted to do something different to the current meta of stacking crit and penetration, and this is the answer i found to that.

Any comments or ideas, please, let me know.
Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
In the wrong house
With the wrong ascendancy
I took the wrong road
That led to the wrong tendencies
I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
On the wrong day of the wrong week
Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Siphoneer
    Siphoneer
    ✭✭✭
    A hybrid build?
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad a templar can cleanse basicly all dots its currently being affected by with casting 1(or 2)...spell. Balance.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Too bad a templar can cleanse basicly all dots its currently being affected by with casting 1(or 2)...spell. Balance.

Sadly, temps made me change the build, nevertheless, it still keeps a lot of his DoTs
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

Well everyone who PvPs can... Ya just got to be running the move when you need it.
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions: