Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1500 crowns on the next DLC, Opinions?

• SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    I think it should have been 1000 Crowns, but I'm not overly bothered by it.

I agree with this. From what I have heard, the dungeons ate gorgeous and really had a lot of work put into them. I don't mind paying a bit extra for things that were created with passion for the end result, as long as it shows! (With quality, and in this case, also stability.)
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Snortsch
    Snortsch
    I work for a computer company and the way it is going it looks like more and more people get removed from the project,
    that's why the DLCs get smaller and smaller. In the end only the shop gets updates and the rest dies out.

I hope I'm wrong, but compared to Orsinium these DLCs almost feel tiny. I'm a quester so trials and four man dungeons are
    irrelevant for me. The price seems okay for "raiders" so it's allright I guess.

I hope that things get a bit more substantial in the future.
    Edited by Snortsch on June 29, 2016 1:07AM
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ten dollars would even be a bit high, other than the two Dungeons what else is there content wise ? and barbershop is not content. With DLC's like this Mat is right Hardcore players will be leaving and not coming back, this is just quick locust content that will be done the first day. :(
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I wasn't subbed I'd skip it. Aside from agreeing that the price seems high for the content provided, I prefer zones to explore.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just dungeons? 700 maybe
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the gear from the new content BoP or BoE?

Probably better value for money to subscribe for 1 month, do the dungeons, dye your costumes how you want them and then unsub and you'll have some crowns you can spend.

This.
  • quadraxis666
    quadraxis666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only opinion I have after after playing through both dungeons a few times is "what a shame".
    What a shame that so much hard work, art design, voiceover, combat mechanics etc is only valued at 750 crowns per dungeon while most new mounts and costumes are valued so much more by Zos.
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only opinion I have after after playing through both dungeons a few times is "what a shame".
    What a shame that so much hard work, art design, voiceover, combat mechanics etc is only valued at 750 crowns per dungeon while most new mounts and costumes are valued so much more by Zos.

It is. It really is.

But there is nobody to blame but themselves.
    Look at IC DLC: it had two dungeons that can compare to those in SotH, it had a complete new zone (two zones actually: sewers and districts) with it's storyline (much more voiceovers), achievements, a new currency (and a PvP way of obtaining it), much more sets (double the amount + willpower/agility/endurance) etc.
    And that DLC was priced 2500 Crowns.

So, comparing the two, I'd say SotH is overpriced.

Nevertheless, I'll gladly pay 1500 Crowns for two dungeons.
    I'd much rather have a long term content DLC with nothing else than have TG or DB that is once and done.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Akimbro
    Akimbro
    ✭✭✭✭
    HeroOfNone wrote: »
    The next DLC, Shadows of the Hist, is reported to be 1500 crowns. All this DLC contains is 2 dungeons with a norms and Veteran mode and no alternate story mode (unless I'm wrong), equivalent to IC Dungeons.

What are your opinions on this folks?

Mine is that the price point is a bit high. If I compare it to IC, if WGT & ICP were 1500 crowns, then IC, the sewers, the telvars, the story quest, & collectable are equivalent to 1000 crown? That seems flipped from the value I'd assign. The dungeons are large, but only reward 6 sets & 2 dungeon helms, with no new crafting sets either. At my price point, I feel this should be around 1250 to 750 crowns, compared to the content and benefits of the other DLC.

The dungeons are large and we'll done from what I've seen, I just feel the benefit for the cost is out of whack when you compare the rest.

I think it should be worth only 1000 crowns. You're basically only getting the WGT/ICP portion of the Imperial City DLC.
    ALACRITY Emperors united RIP
    LAST PRODIGIES World first SO clear RIP

The last egg in the carton.